It's overdue, but it's here at last:
EXO-MATORAN OWNERSHIP INFORMATION
(a rough estimation of what these bad boys look like)
So you're an Ussalry warrior eager to increase his brawn in battle? A Ga-Matoran, tired of being called short by those pesky merchants? A visiting Dashi desperate to get her paws on some sweet, sweet Native Tech? The solution to all your problems is the same: the newest innovation from Onu-Koro's brilliant mechanical minds, the uber-armor you didn't even know you wanted until it was revealed to you... the EXO-MATORAN SUIT!
What the Exo-Matoran is:
- A powerful, enclosed-cockpit mechanical exo-suit for Matoran-sized pilots.
- Fashioned primarily out of parts of gathered Rahkshi corpses (and now there's a real demand for these!), making its metallic alloys - like Rahkshi are - resistant to typical Elemental Magnetism and Iron powers.
- Powered by batteries which usually must be recharged (generally by solar power, though steam and geothermal generators like those of Ta-Koro can also replenish the batteries) roughly once after a normal-duration fight or long trek.
- Highly customizable. Suits include two hands, two shoulders, two feet, two elbows, and even two ankles where an enterprising pilot can affix different kinds of weaponry (and we've not even mentioned different paint jobs).
- Stronger than a Matoran and most Toa. The servo motors operating on full torque are roughly equivalent to the strength of a Kanohi Pakari user.
- Much more durable than a Matoran and most Toa... remember, this is made from Rahkshi stuff! And those guys are t-o-u-g-h!
What the Exo-Matoran isn't:
- Invincible. Joints of the armor are generally the weakest points, but other critical weaknesses - including the quartz windscreens, which shatter much more easily than the armor around them - abound. These suits are really only one stage past prototype, pushed into mass production before their maturity.
- Readily available. For the moment (and under Nuparu's discretion), all Exo-Matoran suits belong to Onu-Koro. They will be distributed according to Nuparu's wishes.
- Unlimited in supply. Only 12 Exo-Matoran have been built so far. Before another can be made, Onu-Koro's engineers must get their hands on five new dead Rahkshi... that've been killed IC by PCs. Get on that Rahkshi Hunter Hype!
- Unlimited in ability. The Exo-Matoran isn't nearly as fast as its pilot, and sacrifices a lot of classic Matoran agility in favor of brute strength. The pilot loses some peripheral vision... and it can get mighty stuffy in that cockpit! Exo-Matoran also function badly in extreme temperatures.
"Okay, okay," you say. "Okay, I got the specs, I know what these things are now. So how do I get my hands on one of these bad boys?" Well, I'll tell you. The answer's pretty simple: to get an Exo-Matoran, talk to Nuparu. He has 12 suits to disperse, and he can disperse them however he may please. Send Geardirector (his player) PMs, approach the Akiri IC, whatever your preference is.
If you're lucky enough to land one of the machines, your Exo-Matoran must be posted in your Profiles Topic post as a separate character from the pilot. The required fields for these "special characters" are:
- Suit Identification Code. This four-digit combination of numbers and letters will be given to you by Geardirector when you get a suit. I have personally sent Geardirector a list of 12 codes, so both he and I will know if you're using a licensed suit, or you've just made one appear from thin air. Obviously that sort of thing won't be tolerated. As/if new suits are built, Geardirector will make new codes and share those with me.
- Nickname. Actually required for your set of armor... So it'd better be good.
- Pilot. Specify which character owns and rides in the suit.
- Weapons customization. The armament (and aesthetic design; again with the paint job!) of an Exo-Matoran falls under the purview of the first player to own it. You can include any/all king-sized melee weapons that your heart desires, but if you want to include an artillery-sized Patero Launcher somewhere too, you can only have one, and it will slow your suit down.
- A detailed description or image. Ideally, you include previous battle damages in this.
Because Exo-Matoran suits exist in the Profiles Topic as characters, they - like their pilots - cannot be damaged without the players' say-so. Any other kind of attack is considered an autohit.
If you have any questions about Exo-Matoran suits, here's the time and place to ask them. Happy playing!