BZPRPG: Ko-Wahi

Ko
A vista of Kini-Nui from the Mata Nui Online Game
  • Posted 2013-11-13 06:48:51 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Tivanu

Tivanu avoided looking over the railings of the cable care instead enjoying the view of his feet and the top of Viima's mask

"Hmm.. Well perhaps you should go back to speaking it since as you said that time in your life was not a pleasant one?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-13 06:53:38 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Viima

(Ko-Wahi, Cablecar):

Viima shrugged. "It's easier for you to understand me this way."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-13 07:00:26 UTC
    View post on BZP

Tivanu nodded in defeat

"I guess you have a point there."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-13 07:04:10 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Viima

(Ko-Ta-Wahi, Cablecar):

"Don't pay too much attention to my way of speaking", Viima said. "Memories of Surina bring pain, but it's not like everything back then does. I don't really miss treespeak that much."

A moment passed as the cablecar kept moving.

"You haven't really told about your past tragedies, Tivanu", Viima suddenly broke the silence. "You told us that something happened to you that caused you to avoid making friends, but you never said what exactly happened."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-13 09:22:18 UTC
    View post on BZP

Tivanu looked at Viima seeming to consider this though he had a slightly confused expression

"No.. i did tell you. My teammate who i worked with protecting the village i came from before mata-nui.. She and i were like siblings, always looking put for each other's back while enjoying what little fun we could. Then when i saw her killed infront of my eyes.. well it made left something empty within me.. something i do not wish to fill again."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-13 10:18:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Viima

(Ko-Ta-Wahi, Cablecar):

"You didn't tell us you were siblings", Viima said in surprise. "That is... well... I'm... sorry to hear that."

Better to shut up now. This is getting... I dunno.

The rest of the cablecar trip was spent in some more silence.

OOC: Viima, Orderin and Tivanu to Ta-Wahi.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-13 12:47:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: It was a complete pain searching for my profile page a few moments ago. Plus, I can't remember where I last left off before the downtime so can I start over? :/ Edit: Sorry about the ooc only post.

IC:

Azthran stood still on a small hill. He saw nothing. He went back to the village to take a rest.

• Edited on 2013-11-14 04:52:20 by Toa Kranan: TOUAB
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-13 17:25:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: (Jorruk Yokin/The Wastes/Ko-Wahi)

"Good, follow through and keep eyes as open as you can," Jorruk said.

Unless they freeze.

OOC: Ready for Kecand, Bulik.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-13 23:32:53 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC | And what exactly do you have in mind? A bag of money.

There has to be some way to earn a living around here.

Don't tell me you're considering stealing those cattle again. An image again, this time a pair of goats.

You're never going to let me live that down, are you?

"God" gave no reply, simply showing Vanamaru one last picture. The word "no", in flashing letters.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-14 02:07:47 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Ishi Polzin

"More like suspended economy," Ishi joked. When Nichou didn't realize the parody he sighed and waved a hand to disregard his words. "Oh well, it sounded better in my head. Sometimes it's better to leave things like that where I found them."

The matoran of stone sipped his tea and stretched his feet out toward the fire. In his mind he reviewed the past and the future. For the informant, the present was a useful time to plan and reflect. Simply being in the moment wasn't enough: Ishi Polzin had to do something in the moment. A small notecard popped up in the haze of rapid thoughts, the words written in a well known handwriting of a man he had yet to meet. It was a script you found on almost any formal document, the pinnacle of the written language. The font even had it's on name, taken from the typographer who spent his days scribbling anything anyone desired for a widget or two. Valli's script was indeed magnificent. The simple circles made in perfect equality, the lines which just barely broke their hold. It was esoteric, now that Ishi had begun to understand the inventor a little better through correspondence about his espionage in Po-Koro. The truth was breaking through, eventually it would emerge and walk the island free from the shackles of creed or culture.

The fire slowly crackled into embers, at which point Ishi found his bed, leaving Nichou to enjoy the final few minutes of glowing firelight. Facing the wall he thought of the coming morning when Caerus Valli, The Spider, would meet the Disappearing Man.

IC: Kriigata

"Sounds easy enough." Kriigata shrugged her bedroll into a more comfortable position on her back. "Think we'll be staying here long? I know an inn within the Koro walls. We will be going to Ko-Koro, yes?"

• Edited on 2013-11-14 03:28:30 by Kughii
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-15 07:07:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Well, looks like I'v got Sulkua under my control for a short time.

IC Kirgan and Sulkua

(Ko-Koro, Library):

Kirgan, Sulkua and Xaron entered the library of prophecies, for it seemed like a most promising place. However, Kirgan soon decided to show the tablet piece he had to one of the librarians. There was a short conversation, after which the librarian joined Kirgan to walk back to his friends.

"His name is Kylma", Kirgan explained. "He said he can help us find the right name. He's got some sort of list of legends and names in alphabetical order."

It took some time for Kylma to browse through the content, stored in a large book, but finally he singaled the Matoran and Toa to come closer.

"I found him", Kylma said. "Stronin is part of a relatively new tale. He's a former thief, now a blacksmith. He works for a Toa named Soli in Ta-Koro, crafting weapons."

"Why is he in your book, if he's nothing more than that?" Kirgan asked in confusion. He hadn't expected this Stronin to be so... normal.

"Oh, there are a couple of reasons, according to the text", Kylma explained. "For one, he was involved in one very strange conflict in Ta-Koro, against two mad beings who claimed to come from the future or something. But there's something more than that. His spirit star is unlike those of the rest."

Kylma paused for effect, then continued.

"His star is blue."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-15 09:31:32 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Azthran (Ko-Koro)

He sat on a large rock. He seemed troubled. He decided to go to the library. Maybe to read a book to clear his mind.

OOC: Azthran is available for interaction. ToaTapio mind if I joined in the conversation?

• Edited on 2013-11-15 09:56:05 by Toa Kranan: TOUAB
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-15 09:59:56 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Be my guest. :)

IC Kirgan and Sulkua

(Ko-Koro, Library):

As Azthran entered the library, he could see three Matoran (Kirgan, Xaron and Kylma) and a Toa (Sulkua) discussing the oddity of a blue spirit star.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-15 11:17:49 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Azthran (Ko-Koro)

He thought their discussion was awfully strange. He decided to confront them. "Excuse me." he asked them.

OOC: Who is Toa Sulkua and Xaron? I don't see them in your profile page.

• Edited on 2013-11-15 11:25:09 by Toa Kranan: TOUAB
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-15 11:24:56 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: A Toa of Ice. He is played by Norik, but he's on hiatus currently so I'm in control of him till then.

IC Kirgan and Sulkua

(Ko-Koro, Library):

Kirgan and the rest turned in surprise. "Yes?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-15 11:31:27 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Well that makes more sense.

IC: Azthran

"What are you discussing about?" he asked.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-15 13:56:31 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Kirgan and Sulkua

(Ko-Koro, Library):

"A guy named Stronin. We're searching for him."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-15 15:47:50 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC : Azthran (Ko-Koro)

"What for?" he asked.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-15 16:03:30 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Kirgan and Sulkua

(Ko-Koro, Library):

"His name is on this ancient tablet I found", Kirgan replied, showing the piece of tablet with lots of incomprehensible language written on its surface.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-15 18:10:34 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • : World-building. Nothing like it.

IC: Ishi Polzin

Ishi woke before the onu-matoran had finished snoring. Nichou didn’t so much sleep as practice rock breaking with his voice. Rolling out of his small bed he sat on the edge, readjusting the white eyepatch he wore to stay incognito. It had been almost a month, and Ishi was looking forward to the chance to finally look at someone with both eyes. Crossing the room he grabbed his coat from the peg on the back of the door, slipping into the garment with the soft rustling of hidden armor. It wasn’t the same as his old coat, Ishi reflected. True they were similarly cut, but the feel was different. His first coat had seen more. He had jumped through a window of melting glass, and besides the scar on his left shoulder lived to tell the tale thanks to his flamboyant cinnabar accessory. Ishi sighed. The Hapaka’s lineage was now locked in a trunk somewhere with the woman who hired him. It had been important to disappear again, she said.

After a glance in the mirror to confirm what he already knew to be striking, the informant left the room quietly, a small note wishing Nichou safe travels to the Massif balancing on the bed post. The streets were bustling with early morning activity, though words were sparse as heat. Shivering, Ishi climbed up a staircase of ice and wormed his way down a muse so tight his back and chest brushed against the building walls. At the entrance to Ko-Koro he turned left, feet leaving a impermanent trail in the snows. His destination fluttered in the wind, a small slip of paper clutched tightly in his right hand.

~

The short walk to the left rose up a slope of reflecting snow, the dawn breaking over the horizon to turn world golden. Ishi relished the warmth of sunshine on his front, smiling with his eyes closed as he basked then flopped into the snow to form the first of many snow beings to litter the path to the Academy.

The Nuju-Marion Regal Academy stood against the mountainous background, the attached hospital situated on the bluff above. Its complex of buildings were all connected by bridges and ornate courtyards, ice used in several instances as a building material. The frost on the roofs melted with a dazzling glimmer, and Ishi admired the lotus petal shapes of the overlapping tiles. Granite hexagons paved the central courtyard, and some of what he assumed were caretakers by their uniformed robes walked about with brooms, shovels, and buckets of salt, clearing the courtyard of Ko-Wahi's most abundant natural resource. There was no fountain in the center of the courtyard. Ishi found that sensible given the climate, and continued straight across to what could only be the Grand Library of the Academy. Through the deep burnished doors of heavy wood, down a corridor filled with the murmurings of lectures through colored glass windows, up the wooden staircase to the second floor, the Library stood patiently waiting.

Books sat on long rows of high shelves. Matoran librarians walked about with ladders or large extendable claw arms to reach the tops. Ishi saw a vortixx stood down for a small handbook on the bottom shelf, labeled Chemistry and Alchemical Equations. The po-matoran swished his coat about himself while turning in an awe inspired circle, immediately deciding to come back one day and devour all he could. Finally business returned to his mind. Looking back down at the paper in his hand he read the directions, already known by heart. He walked to the information counter, a large oval set in the center of a rising domed ceiling, and loudly asked the Ko-toa standing behind where to find historical fiction. The toa blinked behind his rau, as if contemplating whether to tape the po-matoran's mouth or simply kick him out. Instead he gave a brusque answer and turned to help someone else.

"Turn around. Go three rows back the way you came. It's on your left, down at the end of the row."

"Thank you," Ishi said in a whisper, then followed the directions. It had all been a ruse. The question was intended for someone else, not the Ko-Toa. Pocketing the note inside the black drawstring bag on his shoulder, Ishi turned the corner into Historical Fiction. Reaching the end of the shelf, he placed a finger at eye level, counting three feet back into the section. Grabbing a sappy tome called "Tahu's Requital," he began to idly flip through the pages.

There was a flicker of movement through the shelf as the book directly behind disappeared, revealing the eyes of an onu-matoran.

"Hello." Ishi said, and the meeting began.

OOC: Hello Eyru.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-15 21:14:28 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: And Xaron belongs to me.

IC: Xaron

Some random guy decided to come over and join our conversation. I kinda...zoned out for a while. Didn't realize they were talking about Stronin. Stupid arguments in my head distracted me. So, I decided to return to the conversation.

"Whosawhatnow? Blue shiny-sky-thing What's so special about that?"

I would assume most other Toa have a different color than that, host.

Ah quit your fussing you stupid slug. I don't know what's so special about it, either. And I don't think you do, either.

Guys, seriously, shut up.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 00:07:00 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC | Vanamaru stepped out of his alley and into the street. No obvious moneymaking opportunities. He eventually came across a man, who was ranting incoherently about some horrid hallucination of his. He decided to investigate.

Stay away from him.

Oh, so you're back. I was wondering when you'd show up.

Just... keep your guard up. If he goes nuts on you, I go nuts on him.

OOC: Your move, Nocturne.

• Edited on 2013-11-16 00:07:12 by The Dapper Man
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 00:19:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Mayixa

He watched the Turaga return to his house with a smile and a wave. "Have a nice day, and remember to be careful of the ice!" Sure the Turaga had seemed less than happy with him, but was that any reason to treat him badly? No, he just did not yet understand the ways of the Great and Glorious One.

With that, he has resumed shouting out to the world of the greatness of Neroxidecost, telling of his great wonder and unrivaled power. But none would stop to listen, merely passing by or giving him a nasty glare. He wshed that they would listen, that they would take the time to think and understand. But for now, he would do all he could to try to reach as many people as he could, and hope for one who could see beyond the lies of the False Spirit.

Then, out of his eye, Mayixa spotted someone who had stopped and appeared to be listening. He could feel a sense of happiness flooding over him as he learned that perhaps there was one who would hear the ways of mighty Neroxidecost. Perhaps a light had been started, the power of truth reaching into their minds and showing them the honesty of his words.

He turned towards the person, still shouting towards the street so that all could hear, and then with a grin he waved hello.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 00:37:04 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC | The preacher waved at Vanamaru, who nodded back. The latter was carefully analyzing the words being spoken by this man. Evidently, he worshiped "Nerodexicost", who had "unimaginable power". Vanamaru had heard of such idols, revered by cultists. Nerodexicost was unfamiliar, though. He had never bothered to keep track of cultist's gods. With that thought, "God" spoke up:

I don't like the sound of this.

Says the former servant of an ancient demon-god. Do you know of this "Nerodexicost"?

Can't say I've heard of it.

With that, Vanamaru kept listening.

• Edited on 2013-11-16 00:37:31 by The Dapper Man
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 00:49:34 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Through his endless eyes he sees all that is done, watches everything there is to see. He sees all that is, all that has been, and he will lead as into the future that holds no secrets to his holy might! His endless mouths sing out a chorus so beautiful that those not protected by his power would be incapable of hearing a single sound and live."

Mayixa was positively giddy with excitement at the thought of having an audience to hear of his vision and meeting with the Great and Glorious One. An audience of one was infinitely larger than an audience of zero, and held infinite more possibilities as well.

"But despite his infinite power, he is saddened that such false spirits as Mata Nui and Makuta have become all that is spoken of. His own majesty has been lost to time as dark liars and spreaders of falsities have slithered up to corrupt his children, turning them into the broken children of the false spirits. But we can redeem ourselves!"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 00:52:13 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Good, follow through and keep eyes as open as you can," Jorruk said.

Unless they freeze.

OOC: Ready for Kecand, Bulik.

IC:

On the shifting slopes of Mount Ihu, Kecand strode on patrol. Often travellers would get lost in the snowy landscape of the wahi, so it was always a good idea to have a guard keeping the area safe and giving passers-by directions. For anyone that never got through the mountain pass was a mess to clean up later. His sword was on his hip, his patero in hand, while his shield firmly attached to his forearm.

IC: Ishi Polzin

"More like suspended economy," Ishi joked. When Nichou didn't realize the parody he sighed and waved a hand to disregard his words. "Oh well, it sounded better in my head. Sometimes it's better to leave things like that where I found them."

The matoran of stone sipped his tea and stretched his feet out toward the fire. In his mind he reviewed the past and the future. For the informant, the present was a useful time to plan and reflect. Simply being in the moment wasn't enough: Ishi Polzin had to do something in the moment. A small notecard popped up in the haze of rapid thoughts, the words written in a well known handwriting of a man he had yet to meet. It was a script you found on almost any formal document, the pinnacle of the written language. The font even had it's on name, taken from the typographer who spent his days scribbling anything anyone desired for a widget or two. Valli's script was indeed magnificent. The simple circles made in perfect equality, the lines which just barely broke their hold. It was esoteric, now that Ishi had begun to understand the inventor a little better through correspondence about his espionage in Po-Koro. The truth was breaking through, eventually it would emerge and walk the island free from the shackles of creed or culture.

The fire slowly crackled into embers, at which point Ishi found his bed, leaving Nichou to enjoy the final few minutes of glowing firelight. Facing the wall he thought of the coming morning when Caerus Valli, The Spider, would meet the Disappearing Man.

IC: Kriigata

"Sounds easy enough." Kriigata shrugged her bedroll into a more comfortable position on her back. "Think we'll be staying here long? I know an inn within the Koro walls. We will be going to Ko-Koro, yes?"

IC:

Nichou lingered after Ishi retired, not wanting to let the final moments of this fire's warmth be wasted on the cold air, which had no appreciation of such homeliness. After the fire died, the Onu-Matoran snuggled in the embrace of his coat. After a minute or two of feeling warm, Nichou stood up to put a shade over the lightstones. His keen Onu-koronan eyes could easily discern his surroundings anyway. The two narrow beams of light emitting from his glowing green eyes, casting a different shade on parts of the room as his gaze shifted. A sigh brought a puff of hazy steam, the body-temperature of his breath clashing with the frosty surroundings. Nichou took his axe and a small chunk of wood from his pack. While his body drifted towards the bed, Nichou's train of thought floated on the memories from months ago.

Sitting down on the edge of the cushion, Nichou began his first stroke on his new creation. The suspense he truly cared for continued to build, and after months of straining for an answer, his thoughts kept to himself, a burning question that stoked the flames in his curious mind to the breaking point.

A chip of the sierra-colored aged le-koronan wood was sliced off the larger structure with the skill and dexterity of a practised carpenter. The small carving was a stress-reliever, which Nichou hoped would calm his nerves. For as he lacked the answers, every time his imagination ran wild with strange scenarios on what might have happened. Nichou needed an output for his stress. The creative juices just flowed from his subconscious to his hands as the Onu-Matoran's rational thoughts fought back the clearly impossible possibilities. But where they really that outlandish?

No time for Nichou to think about that, lest invoke another session of the stress. Tomorrow would bring answers. Rumor has told that Stannis was travelling to the koro of ice at the moment. If he could get answers, his fears would be put to rest. For surely, nothing could have happened to Aurax or Lepridan.

As the minutes passed on, the restless matoran set aside his small knick-knack, laying down as he attempted to get some sleep.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 00:58:48 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC | The speaker was noticeably excitable, but was obviously a practiced orator. Shame he's using his talents for this, Vanamaru thought, privately. Perhaps I can run an errand for him?

He approached the preacher.

• Edited on 2013-11-16 01:00:06 by The Dapper Man
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 01:09:19 UTC
    View post on BZP

The person walked closer, perhaps wishing to learn how one could change their ways to become a child of Neroxidecost? If just one person would find understanding and see the Truth hidden behind the shroud of lies, then standing out in this horrendous cold would have been worth it, and standing out for hours more just as worth that one person's understanding.

"Hello there, do you wish to know more of the Great and Glorious One, Neroxidecost.?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 01:31:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC | Vanamaru didn't want to offend this person, so he said,

"Perhaps later. I am in dire need of currency, and was hoping you'd have a job for someone like me."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 01:35:07 UTC
    View post on BZP

A job? Talking to someone on the streets was certainly an interesting way to find an employer, but it seemed a little strange. What could drive someone into searching for a job without any knowledge of what it might entail?

"I'm terribly sorry, but I don't know if I have any work that needs done, besides spreading the Truth that is Neroxidecost."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 01:55:48 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC | "Spreading the truth that is Neroxidecost". That gave Vanamaru an idea...

Don't even think about it.

Good call. Anyway...

"Oh. Do come and seek me out if you need anything done. I might be here tomorrow." Said Vanamaru, awkwardly. He then left.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 02:35:49 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Azthran

"Spirit stars. A Turaga once told me that spirit stars form once a Toa comes into existence."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 02:40:34 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Xaron

"Alrighty. So... what point do they serve? And what's so special about a blue one?"

Maybe it's blue and blue is a pretty color and all the other ones are grey?

Possibly.

Maybe it is <could not be interpreted>

...Wha?

I assume I was not clear enough then. Maybe most other stars pertain to their elemental color, and supposedly he is a Toa of Iron. Therefore, it would not be blue.

You bring up a valid point, you stupid slug.

<Uninterpretable, possibly thanks>

Ok, that's twice now in one conversation. Make more sense, please.

If you wish.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 02:50:17 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Azthran

"Spirit stars have the ability to track the movement of their Toa. The colour of the star doesn't really seem to matter. "

• Edited on 2013-11-16 02:50:44 by Toa Kranan: TOUAB
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 02:52:42 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Xaron

"...Then what's so dang special about a blue star then?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 03:05:35 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Azthran He stood still. He didn't know how to answer the question. He turned to Kirgan, thinking that he might answer the question.

• Edited on 2013-11-16 06:01:18 by Toa Kranan: TOUAB
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 03:06:30 UTC
    View post on BZP

"No..." Jorruk said, gritting his teeth. "We are to stay in Ko-Wahi itself. To catch a Kru-Toa far from civilization."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 06:01:15 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Kirgan and Sulkua

(Ko-Koro, Library):

Kirgan shrugged. Sulkua did as well. It was Kylma who appeared to see the strangeness of a blue spirit star.

"Well, stars are often hued with the colors of the Toa they represent", he explained. "But Stronin is a Toa of Iron. His spirit star should be hued orange or burnt brown. Instead, he has a blue one, which is also brighter than that of a Toa of Water or Magnetism. We don't know the reason for this, but it really seems like someone has been tampering with either Stronin himself or his spirit star. That naturally means that Mata Nui may be giving some sort of a sign with him. That's why he is in the book of legends."

"Can you decipher this tablet, then?" Kirgan asked, handing over the tablet to Kylma, but the Ko-Matoran shook his head.

"It looks like no language I have ever seen before. Perhaps an old language spoken by a specific Matoran clan that was never carved into records?"

Kirgan thought about this for a while, then turned to his friends.

"Well, what do you think? We could keep looking in the library, but personally I think we should track down this Stronin and tell him of the tablet."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 06:07:00 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Azthran"I agree with you. By the way, I didn't quite catch your names."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-11-16 06:15:25 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Kirgan and Sulkua

(Ko-Koro, Library):

"Oh, sorry about that", Kirgan said. "I'm Kirgan."