BZPRPG: Ko-Wahi

Ko
A vista of Kini-Nui from the Mata Nui Online Game
  • Posted 2014-01-05 15:18:02 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kiara

Some how, the toa of ice had made it out of the land slide. Something that could be viewed as next to impossible. Also, there was someone in the ravine, stuck. Compromise, I could stick two people in the pit, and let them figure it out on their own.

I stepped out of the way of the largish ice spear, letting it hit the wall. In a swift motion I re-loaded my zamor launcher, and fired it at the weakest point in his bridge across. There was no way he could get past me uninjured.

OOC: Veneras, there is no way your character could have gotten through that.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-05 16:08:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: I agree with Aurora for the most part, Veneras. Though, technically possible, if your character was running fast enough and generated an ice slide underneath him. But your character went from sliding on the ground to instantly running, as opposed to sliding, rolling/pushing himself upright and continuing to run.

IC: Veirath was surprised, to say the least, when the platform of ice grew under his feet. Reaching up with his free arm, he disengaged the hook to drop the bio onto safety. Cradling his injured left arm, he looked up to see the white Vortixx aiming fire another Zamor at his rescuer, whom he identified as an Ice Toa. Raising his left arm gingerly, thankful for it not being broken, he fired further up the wall so as to join the two Vortixx on the ledge.

Placing his foot against the wall and activating the mechanism, he pushed off and hopped his way up the wall, reaching the ledge in a short time. Disengaging the hook and allowing it to wind back into his gauntlet, he drew his blade and held it ready in his good hand, his eyes flicking between the other three in the area.

For what he didn't know, but he wasn't about to get swept into a fight unprepared.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-05 20:17:51 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC I'm so sorry! I must have misread. I thought I would have enough time to slide underneath. If makes more sense I have the ability to use the mask of sheilding to protect me from any falling rocks. If that's still too unbelievable I can take it all back. I read the posts and created my response when I was rushing to get ready for work, so I'm not proud of that whole post(except for the ice bridge, I've been waiting to use that one). I was too lazy to write in full detail, but yes, he treated ice underneath him to allow him to slide more quickly. And if I was taking time to think through my post, I'm sure he would have stumbled about before returning to a run. Again, I can edit the whole thing if this doesn't work. Although, I still think the mask of shielding could have allowed him safe passage.

IC

Veneras struggled to regain his ballance with the momentum of running on ice. The white Vortixx turned again, fired. The bridge shattered beneath his feet. For a moment he felt. Weightlessness. Flailing his limbs he reached for the cliff side. His fingers grazed the ledge, but he was unable to grip properly. He slid for little more than a second, frantic about his predicament. Summoning the cold, he froze his hands and feet to the wall, suddenly stopping his descent. The jolt was so sudden, he could have sworn he broke his left arm (although under further inspection he would learn it was only a sprain). Regaining his composure, he lifted his right hand, allowing the ice to melt. He then replaced it a bit higher, freezing it in place once more. This allowed him to regain lost ground. Upon reaching the clif, he hoisted himself back up and reoriented himself towards the two criminals.

Ic

Tarian was inturrupted by a shifting in the bed. The Toa seemed to be gaining consciousness. "Doctor, look!" Tarian whispered to the doctor "I think he's waking up"

• Edited on 2014-01-05 21:05:15 by Veneras
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-05 21:13:14 UTC
    View post on BZP

I watched as the clumsy toa scaled the wall. I watched his hand appear. Then the other. He began to lift himself onto the ledge.

I waited until his chest was above the cliff. I then proceed to plant my foot onto his chest, and kicked him off the cliff before he could reach our level.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-05 21:19:12 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Zadron)

"Come on," Zadron snapped to Kiara. "We need to keep moving."

With that, he slipped a throwing knife out of its sheath on his torso, ready for the next pursuer that managed to gain on them.

• Edited on 2014-01-05 21:20:35 by GhosthandsOfChristmasPast
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-05 21:30:44 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Lets move before the cool dude gets back up here."

She followed suit with the other vortix, reloading her zamor launcher. She walked down the new tunnel, showing no sign of exhaustion.

• Edited on 2014-01-05 21:31:02 by Aurora the cat
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-05 22:10:55 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Zadron)

Zadron had already began to run; he looked back at Kiara.

"Faster, or they'll catch up!" he shouted over his shoulder.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-05 23:12:33 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Hesitating between the fleeing Vortixx and the falling Toa of Ice, Veirath swore as his conscience poked at him incessantly. Taking a short run while sheathing his sword, he dropped off the ledge while firing the hook further ahead at the wall beside him. Falling in a short arc, dirt and chips of stone and ice falling on him as the cable ground against them, he grabbed the Toa by the leg before swinging him to add to the momentum, grunting as his arm burned. Activating the winch in the gauntlet shortened the distance to the edge only a little, but enough to toss the Toa's torso onto the ledge.

Grabbing the ledge himself, Veirath hauled himself up with some difficulty, hunching over and panting once safely away from the edge. Sparing a glance at the Toa, the Po-Lesterin turned and ran after the two Vortixx, clutching his paining arm to his chest. While he wanted answers to questions that the Ice Toa would most likely provide, he found that Vortixx were generally more informative.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 02:04:11 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC

Never had a Toa of ice burned with such anger. He knelt down to retrieve his staff and looked up at the tunnel. He started running once more, just behind the mysterious newcomer. "Thanks be to you!" He called out, "what name do you to by?"

He turned his eyes to the tracks and smiled. He knew the Vortixx could not recover full speed.

Veneras' armor is made of Protomercury. Usually a liquid at room temperature, it is kept solid by extended contact with Veneras' energies; and the Vortixx had just made direct contact with the epicenter of these apenergies. Such a short exposure wouldn't freeze much higher than the knee, but everything beneath would be frozen solid for a few hours at least.

Veneras followed the lopsided tracks through the tunnels, clutching his wounded arm. He wondered to himself if the guards were anywhere near.

This newcomer made Veneras particularly curious. Where did he come from? And what did he seek?

• Edited on 2014-01-06 02:27:24 by Veneras
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 03:04:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: "Veirath," was the Toa's response, the Lesterin's gravelly voice echoing slightly in the tunnel, barely audible over the thudding of their feet. He slowly rotated his wrist as he ran, making sure there wasn't a break. His eyes flicked repeatedly between the tunnel walls ahead and the footprints in front.

One's weakened, he noted, spotting the irregularities in the tracks, probably by the same Toa behind me.

"Why're you chasing them?" he decided to ask of the Toa behind, beginning to flex his arm at the elbow. While it still burned with pain, it was slowly becoming more tolerable - probably due to the icy wasteland they were under, no doubt.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 04:10:14 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC

Veneras furrowed his eyebrows. He turned to the newcomer, the one called Veriath. "I am Veneras of the Sanctum Guard," he responded "I have been tasked with the preservation of Truth and Justice" he continued as he ran, down the corridor. Finally, he spoke again "This two Vortixx. Are unjust; they are deceitful" following the footprints, their path led them down another tunnel. "They are murderers." He followed "They run, trying to escape from the law." After another ten paces, he stated quietly once more "I am the Law."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 05:12:21 UTC
    View post on BZP

"You know I am still right here."

She pointed her launcher directly at the toa's head. The launcher was loaded, and ready to fire. Even if he did manage to knock the weapon of her hand, the toa and the lesterin would be dead. A motion of the finger would do the same.

"So I am a murder and a stick up artist now. I hate being labeled. Give me a good reason not to shoot you."

• Edited on 2014-01-06 05:14:14 by Aurora the cat
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 06:25:30 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Veirath started at the Vortixx's voice, skiddding to a stop and spinning around to see her pointing a Zamor Launcher at Veneras with a finger on the trigger. Releasing his arm and stretching it, he stared at the scene in front of him.

"All I want is answers, Vortixx," he stated calmly, glancing at the Toa before returning his gaze to the now curious woman in front of him. "What would it take to get them?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 06:37:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC

Veneras slid to a halt, and held his hands up. He looked directly into the eyes of the white Vortixx, "Veirath, get behind me". Waited staring directly into those eyes, those glowing eyes shining in the dark. Veirath spoke out, he asked the Vortixx for answers. "Veirath!" He repeated, "get behind me!" He thought long and hard about the Vortixx's question: why shouldn't she fire? Finally Veneras gave his answer, "I am here to preserve truth and Justice. If you oppose these virtues I will not beg for mercy. However, if these are virtues you share we would do well to converse." Veneras responded. "Besides" he continued, "that wound you have there?" He said, gesturing to her leg, still frozen solid "You'll need a Ko-Toa to remove that ice if you don't want lasting damage."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 06:49:07 UTC
    View post on BZP

She made a slight laugh at the small amount of ice he had put on my leg earlier.

"They said that when I got my leg broken as well."

She looked to the other.

"Several people have died today, including the standing Ariki. That puts earmuffs in charge, most likely as he arranged it. Also, if you ask your new freind, you will know that you just entered a city during lockdown, putting you in jail for no apparent reason."

"You have three seconds, find a different reason."

The words spilled, unbidden from her mouth.

"Three"

"Two"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 07:41:18 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"Two."

Veirath narrowed his eyes before jerking his arm forward and firing the Gauntlet at the Launcher, aiming to knock it away from the Ice Toa's head and down the hall.

Even as he did so, he charged at the Vortixx, drawing his sword as he did. Though he had no reason to interfere in what wasn't his problem, he believed in dying in a fight - not murder.

OOC: Well... the next set of posts should be fun, eh?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 09:33:29 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Ok, I'm sorry Veneras, but that thing with the frozen armour doesn't make sense. Assuming that your 'Proto-Mercury' is like real-world mercury, it would need to be kept below -39 degrees centigrade at all times to keep it from melting. This would mean that your character would have to be constantly outputting elemental energy. Our Toa don't have the same level of elemental power as the Toa Mata did, so it's very unlikely that you'd be able to sustain this without depleting your energy reserves - and besides, you'd have to constantly concentrate on it.

Also, the way that you froze Kiara's leg couldn't have happened passively; the armour would have to be insanely cold. Flash-freezing a warm-blooded being's leg would have to be an active use of power, and would take a considerable amount of elemental energy and concentration.

IC (Zadron)

Zadron stopped at the sound of voices, and turned around, spitting a curse. Why wasn't Kiara running?

• Edited on 2014-01-06 09:34:37 by GhosthandsOfChristmasPast
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 10:29:58 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC, the armor was part of my origional character profile. I didn't make that up now. It was kept frozen by his essence, not his energies (a philosophical distinction). He would need to be directing his elemental energy since the cold was simply part of him. If that is too off this site's definition of Toa, I can take it off. Plus, the frozen leg didn't seem to be acknowledged so as far as we're concerned it didn't happen; no need to be worried there.

IC

Running past the Vortixx who had recently become preoccupied with an oncoming Veirath, Veneras spun his staff into battle position.

Edit: I've taken off any "questionable" content.

• Edited on 2014-01-06 11:41:37 by Veneras
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 11:34:25 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: I recommend that you PM your profile to a staff member to have it checked over. I can see a few things that don't quite fit with the way elemental powers work in this game.

Also, you have auto-hitted there - it was not stated whether the grapple succeeded in knocking the launcher out of Kiara's hand.

IC (Zadron)

Zadron tapped the device strapped to his left arm, and with a silent shimmer, turned invisible.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 12:14:17 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Don't worry, Ghost - going over it now.

... No, this is not an actual post, I'm afraid - Veirath is basically locked until Aurora comes online.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 13:50:05 UTC
    View post on BZP

I watched he fired his gauntlet. I merely had to move the launcher a motion away from the spot, this lesterin had no idea how to correctly use his weapon. He charged at me, his mistake.

I abruptly stopped his advance on me with the jab of a launcher into his chest cavity.

"Your running the wrong way..."

I unsheathed my broadsword, and pointed it at the neck of the toa, so that if moved a little closer, he would have a nice hole in his windpipe.

OOC: Kiara will shoot to kill.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 13:56:17 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Veirath stopped suddenly at the sight of the Launcher pointed at him. Smirking, he whipped his arm backwards and to the side, activating the winch so that the hook and line swept towards the Vortixx's neck, while he stabbed his blade at the hand holding the sword.

"This IS where the fight is, isn't it?"

OOC: Just my kinda fight :evil:

• Edited on 2014-01-06 13:56:58 by Phoenixian Wraith
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 14:23:23 UTC
    View post on BZP

This one was becoming annoying. I arced my sword, and cut the line. Then I swooped back behind the ko-toa, pointed my gun at the ceiling so as to rain shrapnel down upon them, and fired.

"Wrong move little ones, better luck next time."

I followed in after my companion.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 14:39:49 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Veirath stared in irritation at the cut line - another thing to fix. Swooping down to snatch the hook and pocket it, he turned and, despite his dislike, grabbed Veneras by the shoulder and shoved him down the side tunnel, choosing to run after the Vortixx.

Dodging the falling rocks as best he could, he ignored the pinpricks of shrapnel that peppered him, his sword at the ready in his right hand. Her injury was affecting her speed, allowing him to catch up within a short while.

He jumped onto the wall and ran along it a few steps, leaping off to stab the blade through her back.

"Seems next time came too quickly for you, Vortixx," he growled, "Now you're gonna pay for messin' with my gear."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 15:05:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Kiara doesn't have an injury that serious.

IC: Kiara

I let him think he was catching up to me. I then fired an unavoidable shot from my zamor launcher at his feet. Unless he had some sort of tertiary power that I was unaware of, he was down for the could.

"Maybe you should have paid extra for the protosteel cabling."

OOC: Maybe you don't understand this, but Kiara's zamor sphere's are designed to throw shrapnel everywhere. I will let the last one slide on the basis that you didn't know what it truly did, but there is no possible way to avoid what she just did.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 21:12:36 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Actually, I'm pretty sure that the majority of leg injuries are enough to affect speed in some way - they ARE what your weight's pressed on most. Happy to be proven wrong, though. And no, I didn't know that they were designed to create shrapnel - I was under the impression the shrapnel was falling rock. Thank you for the heads up.

IC: Veirath's eyes went wide at the Zamor at his feet. Sacrificing his strike at the Vortixx, he thrust his sword towards the ground in an attempt to flip over the projectile.

The Zamor collided with his left foot. Throwing up his arm to protect his head as best he could, Veirath screamed as the shrapnel shredded through his body, the sound travelling far in the tunnels.

Slamming into the ground and sliding a foot or two, the Lesterin focused on staying conscious and breathing despite everything in his body hating him.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 22:22:53 UTC
    View post on BZP

I quickly picked up the two ends of the rope that I had cut just earlier. I mad a quick knot, attached a different knot around him, removed the gauntlet from his hand, and pulled the body down the hallway at a fast speed.

The voice of commanders past rang through my head.

You took prisoners? Fool, they drag you down.

But I knew now, that I had leverage, not a prisoner, something that they didn't have, wouldn't have. The end of the tunnel was nearing.

OOC: FWI, the ice damage was actually taken as an auto-hit, so I mostly ignored it. I am getting board, so if you don't make a move fast, I am hitting the drifts.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-06 22:41:05 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Not to be a wise*** or anything, but most of the cable's in the gauntlet. Might wanna wind that out.

IC: Veirath barely felt, barely saw the Vortixx tie him up and begin dragging him down the hall. He didn't register the gauntlet being taken from his arm, nor his sword being left behind. His eyes flickered between the waking world and the darkness creeping through his mind, aided by the pain he was in.

Ney...ra..., was his last thought before he lost his fight, and succumbed to the shadows of unconsciousness.

OOC: Well, there goes Veirath for a few posts... Might as well get working on Neyra.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-07 00:53:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ooc the auto hit of your foot was a response to the auto hit when you kicked me in the chest. All I said was making contact did ice damage.

Now, I know this is similar to my irrelevant post, but I worked so hard on it, I had to recycle some.

IC

Veneras had barely enough time to activate his mask before the tunnel shook with the impact of the Zamor sphere. Even so, he was knocked to the ground and found himself drifting in consciousness. He pulled himself to his knees, and looked up. Surprised to see that Veirath was still alive, he noted that the white Vortixx seemed to be taking him prisoner. Veneras struggled to his feet, his ears ringing as he ran "wait!" He called out. He was faced with a choice: the preservation of of the Just. Suddenly, his mind lapsed

~~

Veneras remembered why he came to these tunnels to meditate. He had made a mistake. Veneras had always been drawn to the preservation if Justice, but this mistake... It had cost the life of one closest to him.

Balance,

he thought.

True righteousness is balance

The balance of Justice and Mercy.

That's why he was here. He'd made a mistake. Chosen Justice over Mercy. Chosen against life... The life of his brother.

~~

Drifting back into reality, called out into the darkness

"Wait!"

Mercy

he thought to himself once more.

"I'd like to negotiate his release"

• Edited on 2014-01-07 00:53:55 by Veneras
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-07 07:33:54 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ic:

"Greetings Ambages, Hand of the Akiri," [Korero Maru[] hailed the De-Matoran. His confident voice gave no hint of the theories he'd heard from Jaller and Kongu. His use of the title Matoro had bestowed on Ambages showed adequate respect, while still making clear that the Toa Maru didn't consider him to be of any higher standing than he had been before the leader's death.

Ambages | Cell block

"Toa Korero," the architect saluted in turn. "Toa Leah, Toa Sulov, Toa Reordin, captain, -- thank you for coming," he expressed with a slight but prolonged stoop for a bow. "I wanted you to come down here as soon as I heard you had come to the city. And please, just Ambages will do. I've found titles are only useful to give power a name and I feel such formality is only stuffy here. So." He then turned everyone's attention to the cell occupied by the primary suspect of the investigation.

Jaa stood expectantly from beyond the metal bars and gawked at the Toa Maru. He knew Korero from his days as a historian and scholar who would sometimes make use of Jaa's resources and the library to further his studies of mysteries. To see Korero evolved into a toa, and not even a toa of ice, was enrapturing for him. "Hi, Korero!" he greeted with meek enthusiasm. Once, he was the turaga's (then akiri's) scribe, but then he was just a matoran prisoner. He hoped his old friend would be merciful in the face of uncertainty, still not knowing what Ambages' "test" was for him. But beyond Korero were the other Maru; having seen Reordin regularly enough and Stannis' recent visit he was familiar with the Maru's characteristic bodies, so seeing a Maru was nothing particularly remarkable in and of itself, but four Maru in one room? He felt very blessed to be in their company.

As Ambages beheld the scribe with curiosity to know the truth he couldn't help but see Jaa as a polar opposite of his own character, a reversed reflection. He stood with power and prestige, free and suave, and was darkness' greatest manifestation on Mata Nui with a vortex as a heart clothed in onyx armour and a black coat, but Jaa whimpered behind prison bars with insecurity and stripped authority, captive and meek, with a heart made of gold encased in simple snow white armour. By that point Ambages had little doubt in his mind that Jaa was completely innocent of the crime he was suspected of, but the dark one did enjoy the scenario going on.

"As most of you know, this is Jaa, scribe of Turaga Nuju and then Akiri Matoro," Ambages said for introductions for Sulov and Leah; the other three knew Jaa already. "When Matoro was assassinated, Jaa was the one on the scene, having been accompanying the akiri as he went about his business in the city. Jaa is a suspect because, beyond his proximity to Matoro, it was his chisel used to gash Matoro's throat. By the time the Guard arrived on the scene Jaa was sobbing uncontrollably and proclaimed his innocence, that an intruder had done the deed and not he."

Normally," he continued, "we would undergo a long and arduous procedure of chasing every possible suspect down, putting them in these cells, interrogate them and put each one on trial in order to discern truth and intent. But currently we don't have to do that whole protocol, and Toa Leah, you're the reason why, so I'm very pleased you could make it for this in particular. Am I right to think you have the power to help?" Leah simply nodded. "Very good."

Ambages turned back to Jaa and asked the disgraced scribe a simple question: "Jaa. Did you kill Akiri Matoro?"

"No! I-- Matoro was my friend! It was a--"

He held up a finger to silence Jaa and glanced back at Leah. They made eye contact but said nothing; Leah was said to be a mostly-business person, after all. So was Ambages. It worked out that way. He turned back to Jaa. "Is you claim that it was actually an intruder who killed Matoro true?"

"Of course it is! Please, Ambages, Korero, Leah, you have to believe me. You have to believe me--"

The finger again. And the Ambages looked back to Leah for a verdict.

Leah's mask allowed her to detect the intentions and emotions were. It was always on; even as soon as she entered he room she already knew what the others in the room were feeling and antsying to do. The guards were radiating a mix of green and violet, indicating their alliance with the team and passionate emotions to see justice served for their late leader. The other prisoners glowed blue or violet, showing indifference or strong emotions of some sort, likely the wish to be free. She could use her mask to detect whether someone were deceitful, indicated by the color orange, but as Jaa answered Ambages' questions he only exploded of yellow, green and violet, proving his sense of fear, helpfulness and passionate nature. "He's telling the truth," she finally said. Jaa seemed relieved by this vindication of his claims and relaxed in his cell as his worries fell off like a burden let loose.

But as Ambages gave the order to have Jaa released and looked back at Leah he couldn't help but see Leah gaze back with a funny look.

Leah's mask had worked without failure on all the other matoran in the room and, for that matter, every single being she had encountered since her apotheosis save one, and that one was long swallowed by Stannis' godlike power. That raised the most confounding question of why--

-- her Kanohi did not even register Ambages' intentions at all?

"Toa Leah?" Ambages said, visibly perplexed by Leah's unseeing stare. "Toa Leah, I'd like to thank you for our service. This doesn't get us any closer to finding our akiri's true killer, but it does mean Jaa is acquitted of the charges and is able to assist us in the case. You are welcome to stay in the village as long as you wish; Ko-Koro thanks you."

Shock Guards | Ko-Koro tunnels

The guards rushed their way through the tunnels with unerring efficiency. Veneras had left them a trail of ice wherever the toa ran, so that only assisted their chase and indicated the targets had switched tunnels. But the matoran troopers were not as flight-footed as the Vortixx suspects or the toa hero, so every step of the way they were juuuust behind their targets.

Their lighstone lamps shone bright and focused before them and their footsteps clamored through the tight quarters. Stealth was not their top priority, only a swift and unyielding pursuit of the transgressors. The difficulty of being slower than the targets did not deter them in the slightest. Their path had been obstructed, though, not only by the speed but then the sudden cave in. Their trailing only helped them avoid the potential damage from the well-calculated collapse of the tunnel into the deep subterranean ravine. Quickly assessing the situation it was calculated that they would never be able to safely cross that gulch in time, but another route was still good, so they wound 'round and into a backtunnel that took them around the obstacle.

They managed to come out on the other side, their gear and lights heralding their approach, but their next problem had also helped their cause. The sudden jump in violence as Veneras and a newcomer engaged the two Vortixx outlaws overshadowed the noise of the guards and had also delayed the targets long enough for the troopers to close off the tunnel to the Vortixx's back. Suddenly the tide of battle seemed reversed.

The guards fanned with weapons drawn and lined up two in a row to thoroughly block the exit and keep the Vortixx at bay.

The sergeant quickly understood there was a problem and it wasn't a captured Lesterin or an apparently weakened Veneras -- what were these Vortixx capable of? (Akiri Matoro's murder, doubtlessly!) The issue was there was only one Vortixx visible. The other couldn't have been defeated earlier -- there wasn't a chance for that to happen.

Their lights were focused on Kiara but also radiated around in search for the second Vortixx, but the sarge wasn't going to take any chances. An akiri was dead, two Vortixx were cornered and could be suspects, and a hostage had been taken.

The Akiri was dead. The Akiri had a motto: Peace through Willpower. Willpower meant overcoming mental obstacles, overcoming psychological barriers imposed on one's self, overcoming hesitation. There was only one way to exact peace and there was no time to think about it.

The sarge looked at the grenadiers and gave them two fingers -- explosive rounds -- then a fist -- fire! ptOOM ptOOM the launchers fired, one at Kiara herself and the other to the ceiling above her. There would be casualties.

But that was the point.

Ooc: Whoa you guys did some stuff while I was gone! That's cool and all, but please keep in mind that there is something of a turn-based system here and I should totes be able to have my turn, too. I work full-time and can't do much until 4PM PST at the earliest, so do bear with me as I try to regain my footing. Go ahead and reply, but be patient and allow me my turn as needed, too, so i don't have to make any stretches of the imagination here. Thanks!

• Edited on 2014-01-07 07:36:54 by Daenerys Targaryen
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-07 07:53:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC

Veneras brand himself. His Kanohi Hau would take the blunt of the damage, but what of his new ally? What of Vierath. Holding his hand up to sheild his eyes from the light, he tried to make out any survivors.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-07 16:21:34 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: OK, I have other things to do, rather than fight this out.

Seriously grenade launchers, I have an answer to that. Ok, now let me do something insanely stupid here....

IC: Kiara

PPPFFT, grenade launchers. The company phased those out years ago, as people had enough time before detention to run for Karz, so we switched to exploding disks. Now these people would find out why.

When they fired, they missed the prime locations, twice. Although I may have been bogged down by the body of a dead person, they still forgot that I was indeed a moving target. The two grenades exploded harmlessly behind me.

Now it was my turn. They where already filling in the tight hallway behind me. Now what is my favorite thing when I am being chased in a tight hallway, oh yes, my zamor sphere.

I aimed, fired, reloaded, took aim again, and fired one last time. I smiled while I backed out into the drifts, because I knew it didn't have to hit him, just near them.

Before they knew it, the snow of the outside engulfed me.

• Edited on 2014-01-07 16:21:54 by Aurora the cat
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-07 17:31:07 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ooc: Okay, if you'd rather leave than play out the situation you brought on yourself, that's cool. If you would like to pretend that the subterranean passages aren't far beneath the level the drifts would be at or that Kiara knew where the drifts were at all, that's cool. If you'd like to do multiple actions in a single post, that's cool, and if you think it's completely possible to back away carrying a body, fire and reload twice with a single free hand and also think that the launchers and the guards are equipped to handle your character and the situation itself, that's also cool. But all at once: It's not cool.

However, I'm not going to punish you for those things. No, instead I'm going to punish because of the attitude behind all of those actions. You're not the hottest thing here, and even if you were that doesn't mean you can just shrug away from a situation because it suits you, ignore convention and be rather blatantly condescending, particularly to, well, me. I encourage you to watch yourself in the future and take cues from the more experienced players, and also maintain a respectful tone in your playing, both ic and ooc.

Strike one. No suspension, however you will get an in-character punishment [to Kiara] as I see fit when I return this afternoon. I will be happy to work with you on this matter so you can improve and we already have an established conversation you can reach me on.

I can't to an Ic post yet; I'm on my iPhone at work on break and my break's over.

• Edited on 2014-01-08 05:38:19 by Daenerys Targaryen
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-07 22:04:13 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Riaril

"What were you expecting, that he'd just expire before I could do anything? As much as I appreciate a body for the advancement of science give dramatic plot some credit." Riaril rolled her eye and gave a miffed sigh. "Matoran these days."

Pulling a stool out from under the bed with the top of her foot she sat down and gave a close look at the injuries before hovering a glowing palm over the wounded toa. Sucking a breath she began, trying to ignore her own pain as the kanohi did its work.

• Edited on 2014-01-07 22:05:45 by Kughii
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-07 23:14:36 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"Toa Leah?" Ambages said, visibly perplexed by Leah's unseeing stare. Leah registered the matoran's words as if spoken through a layer of cotton at first, far too surprised by what she was seeing, or rather not seeing. Everyone around her had a soft radiance around them, especially now, that was she concentrated on them. Everyone - except for him.

Why?

Amabages behavior, in the little time they had spent in his presence so far, had been that of a confident man, aware of his responsibilities and seemingly concerned with getting to the bottom of this mystery as much as they were. On the other hand, she knew very well who he was. And his name was tied to certain connotations. He was an entrepreneur with quite the sphere of influence and contacts in all six Wahi, he had brokered enough deals - mostly in his favor - and played the game of power long enough to get to where he was now. There was a definite element of ruthlessness to his character. She didn't put it beyond him to lie to get what he wanted, she was sure he knew how to bluff. But if he was lying, karz, even if he had had some secret to keep right now, it should have registered with the Ruhaku in some way.

"Toa Leah, I'd like to thank you for our service. This doesn't get us any closer to finding our akiri's true killer, but it does mean Jaa is acquitted of the charges and is able to assist us in the case. You are welcome to stay in the village as long as you wish; Ko-Koro thanks you."

She heard saw something akin to relief in his voice, but there also seemed to be something else. Perplexity, perhaps. She forced herself to look away, back at the cells and the other prisoners.

"Yes..." she said, slightly slower, sounding composed again, "I will stay and assist Ko-Koro for as long as I can." before stepping back between her brothers, her brow furrowed and her mind racing, deeply concerned with the implications of the situation. A few seconds later, the Toa Maru of water cast a concerned glance at Reordin, who was standing beside her. She felt the urge to go outside, to get some fresh air and privacy, to think things through on her own, away from the others. But leaving now would only worry the others more and so she tried her best to collect her thoughts again and focus on the problem.

She recalled her time in the keeping place, the ocean side alcove, that space between reality and dream that had been hers and hers alone. Her mask had waited for her there and when she had put it on, she had been instructed in its use. Not through words, in a way, it had been more of a feeling, but the instructions could not have been any clearer if somebody had told them to her face to face. No aura meant that the Kanohi of intent was being blocked, no exceptions. There had only been one other being before that had done so.

She hoped this was merely some sort of coincidence, that there was no connection to be found between the two. If only it weren't for the nagging feeling in her gut...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-07 23:20:42 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC

Tarian got the sense he wasn't welcome. "If you have no further need of me, I suppose if best get back to ats Koro"

Tarian started to leave, looking back at his shoulder at the mysterious Toa. He had just spent hours to save his life and yet knew absolutely nothing about him.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-08 01:39:42 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC kriigata

Her feet moved fast across the canvas of ko-wahi's seemingly limitless snowdrifts. Kriigata's kanohi made her body slide out of focus as she moved. From a distance the slender toa of iron was nothing more than a shadowy mirage quickly vanishing behind a bank of shimmering snow. Her right hand was tightly wrapped around the handle of her prize, her mustard eyes relfected in it's surface. Each breath left a trail in the air, but with the aid of her volitak she traveled in silence.

The roar of a man betrayed echoed through the drifts, and kriigata picked her way across the top of the glacier with lithe dexterity. A ridge loomed before her, a shelf of ice separating the the fighters from her view, all according to plan. With a moment to prepare Kriigata sprinted forward and up the shelf.

"AK'REI'AN!" She jumped, body sailing through the air. Jorruk, Adron, and the toa of crystal they attempted to subdue all looked up. In her elemental hands the round shield of protosteel melted as she arced, and as she began her descent to earth it reformed into a vicious looking scythe. She landed in a spinning move, the weapon flashing about like a dervish as she spun around her point of impact, a spray of snow rising into the air with the force of her sudden attack.

IC: Riaril

"Can you believe my luck? Another stiff to examine, and within a period of twelve hours. Oh this is fantastic, Majit. Fantastic."

Those were the words Riaril said before beginning the autopsy of a de-matoran brought by the Sanctum Guard. Now, several hours later and covered in every possible bodily fluid a corpse could produce, Riaril wanted nothing more than a shower, a smoke, a stiff drink, and a certain dashing toa of ice. She settled with the shower and a smoke.

The scent of vanilla and tobacco clinging to her doctor's coat, Riaril returned to her rounds, finding a matoran of fire waiting with a toa of ice. The clipboard on the foot of the bed mentioned the obvious injuries.

"Anything you want to add," Riaril asked the matoran with a disinterested expression, her single eye still taking in the notes. "I'm the docter by the way. Call me Gabel."

IC: (Jorruk Yokin/The Drifts)

Snow. When Jorruk though of the underworld, he always imagined it frozen, damp and nasty. Sure, Jorruk had a couple hundred pounds to insulate him, but still. Fighting in snow, he thought with a shudder, why would anyone? But here was, panting, dagger in hand, trying to keep up with a zealous young woman and his own zombie. Snow got in his boots, in his hood and in his face.

He hurled a rather strong gust of air at the Kru-Toa, to contribute to a battle. As karz, what else could he do?

IC:

Kecand was startled by the sudden battle cry erupting from above a ridge of ice. His head turned to see the body of the woman he had seen earlier leaping through the air, before only the silhouette was visible in front of the midday sun. The Toa of crystal immediately started moving backwards as the figure's metal shield warped into a blade - a scythe, Kecand realized after it had formed for the most part. He must be facing a toa of iron.

He was prepared to jump backwards from the toa attacking him, when the other toa - who now wields a dagger, so he can hel - summoned a gust of air that blasted Kecand off his feet and a few yards to the side. The elemental blast kicked up a cloud of powdery snow, obscuring the vision in the general vicinity of this skirmish.

The Crystal toa rushed to his feet, glad that his ammunition and other weapons were fastened securely to his body. He slipped off the strap over his shoulder the patero launcher was attached to, holding it securely with both hands, trying to find the targets, as the snow was settling to the ground once again. Inside the barrel of his loaded patero was a bundle of bamboo arrows, with various tips, all deadly in their own way, sealed in a crystal canister. Kecand had absorbed some of it's structure so it would crumble to dust when shot, allowing the arrows to escape the container. Meanwhile, commanded by the powers of the crystal toa, razor sharp crystal grew from small pockets inside of his sword, growing out of tiny holes and forming a precise edge on the otherwise-more-blunt steel structure of the sword itself.

He was ready, and scanning for the the targets, patero held ready for fast reactions.

• Edited on 2014-01-08 02:24:55 by BULiK
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-08 02:02:38 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Greisk

Greisk knew that it was best to be still while the doctor worked, but he nonetheless conveyed his gratitude to the Ta-Matoran through his eyes.

He turned his head back to the doctor. She had a half-scowl amd smelt of tobacco. Oh, lord, the smell.of tobacco was almost enough to send him back into unconsciousness. Of course, that was probably because he was sensitive to tobacco.

He tried to keep still, but he couldn't help being drawn to her eye. The good one. It shone with an intensity which he had seen only in...

Greisk, are you staring at the scary doctor woman? Don't tell me you're-

Greisk had to stop himself from screaming aloud.

Cyrena, I almost had a memory flashback. Almost. You had to interrupt it.

I was wondering why I sensed that tingling...

Greisk closed his eyes and waited for the examination and healling to be over. He was feeling better already.

IC

Out in the snow drifts, a lone figure in a fliowimg cloak worked their way to Ko-Koro. No discernible details could be garnered from the figure, given the long cloak, but two scabbards could be observed pressing against the cloak from the inside.

No sane person would be out in the open given the cold wind currently blowing down the slopes of Mount Ihu towards the village of Ko-Koro. Fortunately, that meant that no one would be able to observe what was about to transpire.

The figure headed into a cave east of Ko-Koro to shelter and wait for someone.

• Edited on 2014-01-08 02:10:54 by Norik Of Gielinor
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-08 02:56:16 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC

Tarian returned a smile towards the grateful Toa. It gave him satisfaction knowing that his services had proven useful. It warmed his heart.

warm

Suddenly he was reminded just how cold it was in the shadow if Mt Ihu. Tarian knew it was time to return home.

OOC Tarian to Ta Wahi

• Tags:
  • Posted 2014-01-08 07:28:19 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ic:

Ambages | Ko-Koro cells

"Wonderful. Well, I hope you enjoy it here, Toa Leah," Ambages said with a respectful bow. "Jaa, you may stay and leave on your own accord, but when you are ready and willing I would like to consult with you. Toas, captain, I should take my leave to govern the city and lead the investigation. Thank you for your service," the Hand said and left the room.

Shock Guards | Below Ko-Koro

Kiara's retaliation was aimless and her Zamor spheres were shot wild, completely missing the matoran guardsmen and exploding harmlessly behind them. Though the round shot at Kiara missed the fleeing Vortixx the other met its mark well. As soon as the explosive round struck the ceiling it detonated with great power, ripping the cold stone and frozen earth apart with its potent charge and bringing it asunder. The guards vaguely saw Kiara vanish from sight just before the icy ground blocked their view with a thunderous cave in. She had evaded the downpour, but that was no matter. The cleverness of the patero launcher guards already outwitted her.

Once the dust cleared they lifted their lights up again and began to inspect the damage done. The second Vortixx was nowhere to be seen so they maintained high alert just to be safe in case he was not buried by the sudden eruption but they fanned out more to survey the wreckage and maybe recover Veneras, assuming he made it through. This was a cleanup mission now.

Kiara, meanwhile, still clutching Vierath's limp body as a hostage, had indeed made it out of the cave into a stark white atmosphere that glistened with sparkly ice on all sides and cascaded upon her in a blizzard. With a rumble, the way she came from was sealed from within, ensuring there was no retreat even if she wanted. She thought she had made it into the Drifts and in a way she was correct because, from a bird's eye view, she was within the geography of the Drifts but she was not at all where she wanted to be. What she presumed to be an exit to the exterior of the wahi was little more than a short side passage largely and purposefully ignored by the mining teams.

She looked around to examine her surroundings and gather her bearings but then the snow abruptly cleared from her. The blizzard that torrented upon her ceased and she could see perfectly. She wasn't in a vast and open landscape at all -- she was in a giant glacial sinkhole. The sky was distantly hovering above her hundreds of feet away and looking like a celestial body that shook its head disapprovingly at her and the sun shone down directly into the hole, muted by the overcast skies but still vibrantly shedding its luminescence down the shaft. Snow flurries still descended from time to time as winds gushed schools of snow down into the deep hole, but they were not the source of the blizzard she experienced when she came out.

Another sharp, deep rumble, clearly from the matoran guns, from behind her shook the ground a little. A small ledge above her quivered from the shake and let loose a small avalanche that blanketed where she stood then soon dissipated. She found out what caused the 'blizzard,' then.

The sinkhole was neatly rotund as if it was carved from the block of ice that contained it but the floor seemed... odd. It seemed to steam and parts of it were melted into hot water. Suddenly Kiara became aware of what she was standing in. The sinkhole was not just some cave in of glacial material, it was a geothermal hotspot, a subsidiary from the Mangai volcanic system whose vein protruded like a distant root from a tree into the surface and had weathered away at the ice for eons to create the sinkhole she now stood in. She was probably the first one in forever to venture into it, but not by her own bravado.

There were no other caves to go into, no exits or tunnels to vanish through, only the blocked way and up. She was all business, though, and put Vierath on the side wall since there was no point in carrying or dragging him further and then stepped forward to investigate a way to get out.

But the ground was fragile, it was thin over the years, and the thermal vents that chipped through the ice were ready to explode with violent heat. Kiara was indeed the first person to step out into the open; even the Ko-Matoran miners who found the place and built the hole she came from knew better than to go into the hole's domain. Her virgin steps were like little bombs on the carpet of the fragile floor, and she had not even taken three steps before it gave way beneath her. How unfortunate it was that she had escaped attacks around and above her only to be succumbed by natural forces below her instead.

The thin later of dirt and ice shattered beneath her as the feeble earth below her crumbled like a waxen honeycomb crushing down upon itself in the heat of day, and Kiara sank hip-deep into the warm earth. At first she considered herself fortunate, but her pleasure was quickly smothered as then she felt the fury of the underground as she broke a thermal vent. Hot air, steam and roiling water surged upwards through the hole her body augered into the ground and enveloped her legs with a wet furnace, boiling flesh, bone and armour without mercy. Her cloak, however, betrayed her further to nature's wrath as it acted like a shroud to contain the heat, further cooking her on her torso. She hastily tried to pull herself out of the hole only to find her legs and feet wedged into place. The heat grew more intense, the jet stronger and the steam more unrelenting as it cooked her like a vegetable within her own clothes. Her armor only worsened it, heating up in turn as metal does and acting like panini grills roasting meat between their heat-conducting pieces.

She thrashed her arms to get out of the mess, tossed her weapons away to relieve her of weight and kicked with all her might to free her feet and legs from the vicegrip they were trapped in. Every ounce of her power was thrust in lifting herself out of the hole and at first it seemed hopeless, but gradually she found herself more and more in control and then finally, finally pushed her lithe body out and onto the snow. She spread her arms out to scatter her body weight and then ripped the sopping wet cloak off of her back before rolling quickly to the wall of the sinkhole, next to Vierath's body.

She looked herself over. Her legs were seared and badly burned; every single bit of her body save her arms, neck and face was scorched or boiled like a lobster, and slowly the pain spread on her chest. Her legs, however, had little feeling at all. They were senseless, devoid of nerves. Her only hope for rescue now was if her hired ally had made it out with her or somehow was able to help her, though she wasn't sure how likely that was at that point.

Ooc: Aurora: Okay, so let me break this down easily for you: Kiara made it out into the open and thought it was the Wastes, but it turned out to be a geothermal sinkhole found (and avoided) by the expeditionary mining teams. Her stepping on the fragile ground being eroded away by the steam vents caused her to break the ground, so she fell into a hole created by her weight. Steam and boiling water erupted up and cooked her legs, then her chest because her cloak captured all that heat and steam, so she was like a piece of broccoli in a steaming pot. Her injuries are pretty significant, with 3rd degree burns on her legs to and 2nd to 3rd degree burns on her chest. She will be unable to walk or stand appropriately for a good, long while and may never be able to have feeling on her legs with her nerves being completely destroyed. She was literally being cooked alive and will feel the effects of it for the rest of her life.

Sorry if the writing comes off as subpar, but it's late for me here and, well, I have other things to do rather than write this all out with great prose (thanks for letting me use your line). You're free to go now; the guards can't and won't chase after you now, so whatever happens to Kiara past this point is up to you, Ghosthands and Wraith, if his character becomes alert.

Wraith, I realize this situation does not bode well for your character. If Vieras does not immediately make it out of this alive we can talk about the future and work something out. Sorry! :)

• Edited on 2014-01-08 07:28:52 by Daenerys Targaryen
  • Tags: