BZPRPG: Onu-Wahi

Onu
A vista of Kini-Nui from the Mata Nui Online Game
  • Posted 2013-12-16 16:50:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Are you seriously expecting to go unnoticed, guys?

IC: Mar (The Wise Man's Archive)

"You three should take various spots within the building but be ready."

I had kept an eye (and an ear) on the strange Skakdi ever since he knocked on the door, it turned out to be quite rewarding as he was soon granted reinforcements.

"Our company just quadrupled," I said very seriously, "white and purple Skakdi, Ta-Matoran and Bo- or Le-Matoran and Toa"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-16 16:52:37 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Nope.. Though i have a reason for doing what i am.. if i play Tivanu's cards correctly it should work out

IC: Tivanu

Tivanu looked directly at Demos and nodded

"I do not plan to damage anything.. If anything i will make sure to take the fight if there is one outside.. i value literature too much to let it be damaged."

Though he turns back to the trio and smiles

"And do not make a move till i say so.. understand?"

• Edited on 2013-12-16 16:56:55 by Voxumo
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-16 17:30:04 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Demos

Satisfied, he slipped out of sight and vanished among the shelves.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-16 18:12:20 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Viima and Tuli

(Onu-Koro, Wise Man's Archive):

"Got it", Tuli said and dutifully walked to one of the corners. Viima shrugged and did the same thing in another corner.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-16 19:09:13 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

Orderin smiled and whispered to Tivanu,

"I hope this fight goes better than the last one, what are you planning?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-16 19:30:02 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Tivanu

Tivanu looked to Orderin and smirks

"If everything goes good there should be no fight what so ever.. Trust me."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-16 19:40:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Kirgan and Hile

(Onu-Koro, Great Mine, Secret Lab):

Kirgan looked at everyone in turn.

"So is everyone okay with this plan? Me, Shadd and Sulkua go to the underwater lake and retrieve the key there, Azthran and Xaron go above the ground to the statue and Hile and Feran go to Onu-Kini? And we all meet here once we have the keys?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-16 19:52:55 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC:

Yeah, seriously, did you expect to ambush an ace bounty hunter, a beastly barbarian, and a desperate desperado, not to mention a weathered mercenary with x-ray vision, supernatural hearing, and a wolf-Rahi?

Get real. :P

[/toughtalk]

IC: [ Rhea ] - Onu-Koro / Wise Man's Archive

The first unpleasant jolt of alarm that had hit her system as the Surina-focused dragnet tightened, had faded by now, and Rhea was actually starting to enjoy herself a bit. Sure, she was sitting in a private room with a known would-be murderer, but that just meant she was holding the ace card.

And if someone wanted it, she intended to make them pay for it. Blood or money, preferably the latter.

"Quadrupled, have they?" she muttered quietly. "Well, let them wait. Patience is a virtue, is it not?"

Then, a bit louder, she added, "You accept? Very well, then, Mar. Welcome to the team. I'm your new boss, Rhea by name, and your first order of business is to back me wholeheartedly in--" (she dropped her voice again for a moment in case of prying ears) "--this tense little drama that seems to be building up just outside the door. I don't expect fighting, but situations like this can get real ugly, real quick. Shake on it?"

She held out her hand, meeting the De-Toa's gaze squarely. Her cool emerald eyes were at once remote, challenging, and a trifle wary. Not unfriendly, exactly; just careful.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-16 19:56:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Surina

Surina was getting a bad feeling about the present events.

Who's outside, waiting for us? she thought. A Skakdi, Toa and two Matoran?

Surina was bracing herself for whatever would come.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-16 20:05:04 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Mar (The Wise Man's Archive)

"I'm sure they can" I muttered back.

The Ga-Matoran, who had miraculously enough remained even quieter than me, seemed to tense up just a tiny little bit upon hearing Rhea and I make our plans. She was right to be scared, I liked to think I had that effect on people.

I obliged Rhea's gesture, shaking her hand firmly.

I followed up by giving Karv a slight nudge with my boot, he immediately shot up, teeth bared, but not a sound uttered forth from him, he'd learned by now that this was the signal to be prepared for battle, but not engage in it until I said so.

"What now?" I asked, business as usual evident in my tone. There would be ample time to ogle her later, in private of course.

• Edited on 2013-12-16 20:05:17 by Dr. O
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-16 20:30:52 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: I had no intention of ambushing anyone. If this does erupt into a fight, it will be on fair terms.

IC:

"Good. With all these books around... I'd hate to see what would happen in a fight, I'd rather not pay for damage."

Ordering then leaned against the wall and, pulling a book out of the shelf, began to read.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-16 20:36:38 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: As i said i have a plan. One that should prove quite interesting and beneficial to both groups

IC; Tivanu

Tivanu merely sat there.. Stareing at those doors like they were the most fascinating things in the entire world. Sometime during waiting Kive-phu had grown tired and found a comfy place among the rafters and waited along with her master

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 00:18:54 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Shadd

"It sounds good to me."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 00:20:52 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Xaron

I nodded. "Sounds like a good plan."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 01:24:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Azthran

Azthran nodded. "Sounds great."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 01:27:29 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Ok, so, we've agreed on that...but where is the 'stone head' or whatever? I would think in Po-Koro...at least from what I've heard."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 01:34:05 UTC
    View post on BZP

"I do remember seeing a couple statues on my way from Po Wahi to Onu Wahi a few years ago. Maybe we could find them there."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 02:05:20 UTC
    View post on BZP

"There's dozens - maybe hundreds - of them, though," The archaeologist interjected. "Heads are one of the most common things Po-Koro's residents carve. Even taking into account how old it would have to be, that doesn't narrow them down very much."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 02:09:11 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Hm..." I pondered for a second. I snapped my fingers when I realized something. "Maybe it's a head in the Onu-Wahi surface area? Close to Po-Koro? That could be a possibility."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 05:30:28 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Kirgan and Hile

"Oh, you don't know it, Xaron?" Kirgan asked quizzically. "There's one right above Onu-Koro, above the ground. It's a famous monument. Something about a very old creation, made before Makuta's rule."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 08:40:43 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Right above ground? I guess that'll be easy enough."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 10:43:19 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Feran

"Good idea", Feran said. He moved over to Hile.

"So, you ready to do this?"

IC: Sulkua

"It's good a place to start as any," Sulkua said

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 10:55:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Kirgan and Hile

Hile put a hand on Feran's shoulder. He was happy to be the Fe-Matoran's pair, seeing as they had first met in Ta-Koro but hadn't had a real opportunity to get to know each other.

"At least this won't involve a Skakdi with a lust for battle. Let's get going."

As they left, so did Kirgan, Sulkua and Shadd, towards the lake. Translation from Azthran gave them directions.

"Off we go!"

As Hile and Feran left the secret lab and started towards the Onu-Kini, Hile said: "Well Feran, what do you think about all this?"

Kirgan, Sulkua and Shadd looked at the map, quicky transcripted by Hile after being translated by Azthran.

"I don't like what this map is telling us", Kirgan said. "The tunnels we need to use are largely abandoned and deemed to dangerous for Matoran. We'll need your help, Sulkua."

• Edited on 2013-12-17 11:13:12 by Toatapio Nuva
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 13:24:37 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Well, I would like to help in investigating this mystery too, so i think i'm happy to help,' feran said as the two made their way to the Onu-Kini.

IC: Sulkua

"I know how dangerous tunnels can be. And these.." Sulkua looked at the map closely.

"I'll do my best, but... we might take a while," Sulkua said.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 13:29:15 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Hile

(Onu-Wahi, tunnel to Onu-Kini):

"What were you doing in Ta-Koro before we met?"

IC Kirgan

(Onu-Wahi):

"I hope you're good at holding your breath. I'm not a good swimmer. I can stay afloat and do some basic movements, but I don't dive well."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 14:25:36 UTC
    View post on BZP

He walked with Xaron in a large tunnel which lead them above ground. Azthran was trying to get used to Sunlight after being underground for so long. "Do you see anything, Xaron?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 15:01:48 UTC
    View post on BZP

"No, I don't see anyt-Wait, I think there's something over that way." I pointed in the distance. There seemed to be something protruding out of the ground, unlike anything else around it. "Maybe that's the head we're looking for. Or a boulder."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 16:55:44 UTC
    View post on BZP

"I'm sure you can vouch for my diving skills," Shadd said with a hint of humor. "Do you think it would be safer to go back to the Koro and get some air bladders first, though?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 16:58:55 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Kirgan

(Onu-Wahi):

Shadd was obviously a smart one, thinking with logic and reason. Why had it not crossed Kirgan's or Sulkua's mind to simply go back to Onu-Koro (which wasn't that far anyway) and buy some air bladders?

"That's a good idea", Kirgan agreed. "Let's go to Onu-Koro first, then."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 18:23:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: [ Rhea / Nero ] - Onu-Koro / Wise Man's Archive

"Now," said Rhea, "we are going to have to have a very serious discussion."

She turned, finally, to the Ga-Matoran, and for a long, dark moment she said nothing. Her gaze was icily remote, frighteningly ruthless, and very, very alert.

"This game is over, Surina. You had your chance; somehow, through some reckless, foolish oversight you must have made, you blew it. You should have waited, should have found a place in society where they didn't know you, kept your head down, worked out escape routes and allies over time. You didn't."

The Toa of Plasma rose easily to her feet, straightening her cloak, her gaze still locked on the cornered desperado.

"There's no way out for you, not with pursuit at the door and the law behind them. You have no weapons, no powers, no ace in the hole... no way to escape. You're done. And I'm not going to help you, although you have potential. My own freedom and goals come first, and I am not going to endanger them in futile support of a convicted conspirator."

She turned to the polished wooden door, her hand resting lightly on the latch.

"You, Surina, are hereby in the custody of bounty hunter Rhea. You are my prisoner. Do not attempt escape, or I'm afraid Nero will have to splinter your leg bones. When they throw you back in prison, I suggest you point out that you have already served the terms of your sentence. They sent you out in an open longboat; was it your fault it didn't lead to your death? You might be able to get off with life imprisonment, and where there's life, there's hope of escape."

In a single, feral movement, Nero was behind the Ga-Matoran, combat machete gleaming darkly in his hand. He said nothing, but his posture was threat enough.

Rhea swung open the door, stepped gracefully out, and closed it firmly behind her. There was cold finality in the gesture.

Her green eyes flicked once around the room, noting the location, weaponry, and approximate threat level of each individual present, then settled on the tall Skakdi of Gravity who seemed to be the group's unofficial leader.

Her tone was gracious, polite, impeccably aristocratic. "Good evening, warrior. Is there something I can assist you with?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 21:21:53 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: o_O

This ain't pretty.

IC Surina

Surrounded by two Toa and a Kavinika, Surina found herself in a most unwelcome situation. It was almost as if Mata Nui had turned the tables as suddenly as Surina had found hope again, leaving her in the hands of a greedy Toa who only wanted to sell her for profit. It was too much to bear for the Ga-Matoran who had only recently escaped death, against all odds.

Contrary to what Rhea said, Surina knew that imprisonment and transportation to Ga-Koro would mean certain death for her. Hahli would not make the same mistake again as she had done before. She would figure out a gruesome death sentence to be carried out.

There was nothing else Surina could do but try and escape - not an easy thing to do with two powerful foes surrounding her and nowhere to run to... except...

Surina assessed her own strengths, and Nero's weaknesses. Her strong points were agility and accuracy, therefore she would need to use those. She had her armor protecting her too, as well as a very well-made crossbow. Nero, being a Toa of Air, was bound to be clumsy on the ground and weaker in tight quarters. And this room was nothing if not that.

Then there was Mar. Being a Toa of Sonics, his obvious weakness was sound. That meant Surina would have to make a lot of noise while trying to escape.

And make for the window.

Surina stood silently for a long moment. She could feel Nero's breath in her neck. Then, totally unexpectadly, she threw herself on the ground and rolled between Nero's legs and past them, making it to a book shelf that she shoved hard. The shelf, full of heavy books, began falling on Nero just as Surina leapt aside, all the while screaming real loud, hoping to stun Mar.

It was all or nothing now.

OOC: Since Surina is pretty much dead if she gets captured, she's gonna play it as tough as possible.

This must be part of the Ga-Matoran curse I have on all my Ga-Matoran characters. :P

• Edited on 2013-12-17 21:22:39 by Toatapio Nuva
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 21:29:32 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Funny thing, I had just bought an air bladder the first time we met, and here we are again."

IC: Demos

Falling bookshelf! His employees would doubtlessly be able to clean up the mess in an hour or two, but he did not enjoy people making a mess of his property. And so he was on the move, ducking between the shelves, tracking Surina's movements by sound, his ears ringing, though not as badly as the other Toa's must have been, from the shout.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 21:34:51 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Mj. Spoilers, since the Surina thing is happening in a closed room now, Demos can only hear the sounds of the conflict, not see it.

IC Kirgan

(Onu-Koro):

"I guess we just have this thing with air bladders", Kirgan said with a smile. He, Shadd and Sulkua arrived in Onu-Koro and went to Zemya's shop, where several air bladders were neatly stacked in a shelf.

"How many do we need?" Kirgan asked as Zemya walked over to greet his customers.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-17 21:56:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Mar is smarter than that, folks ^_^

IC: Mar (The Wise Man's Archive)

Funny thing about Onu-Koro, for a sonics elemental the place seems to be making an intentional effort to feel inhospitable. The industry, the construction, the mining, it all adds up to a whole lot of noise that our kind really could do without.

Consequently, you'll usually be doing a whole lot of noise-dulling pretty much on the regular as long as you're here, unless you live here like Demos does.

Like right now.

Surina hadn't really seemed like the type to take action in such a manner, but my profession has taught me that it pays to be overprepared, and that appearences can be deceiving.

But then again...

Perhaps as a side-effect of being built by a De-Toa, the Archive was relatively soundproofed, enough at least for me to drop most of my ear guards. Add to that the fact that it was a library (only one of my favorite places in the world), and quiet was practically guaranteeed.

With these things in mind, Surina's belch did most certainly have an effect, though not as strong as she might've hoped. My hands flew to my head, gripping around my ears as if trying to drag the noise out even as it bored into my brain like a Niazesk, leaving her route to freedom open.

One little problem, though.

Karv, obviously, reacted instantly, he darted in front of her, his teeth bared in a threatening growl of a last warning. Enough time for me to gather my thoughts.

"Nice try" I said as I raised my loaded crossbow, the telescopic lenses on my Akaku locking into place as they fixed on Surina.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-18 00:42:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Oh, I know.

IC: Shadd

"I haven't got a clue. How deep is the lake we'll be visiting, and how much ground do we have to scour?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-18 01:29:18 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Tivanu

Tivanu smiled as he watched the scene unfold before him. This small group could barely keep a hold on this little matoran. Even as she attempted to run and simultaneously get captured again he turned back to the apparent leader.. He rose to his full height from the sitting position on the chair. He held his staff firmly in his right hand as he looked at the apparent leader of this small group.

"I am not a warrior.. at least not anymore.. Best i could be called is a Mercenary.. But let's cut the chit-chat. I am Tivanu, currently under employ of the Ga-koro marines. I and my Lava hawk were hired to track down Surina, the ga-matoran. Now if i know anything about the situation here you hold the ace card which is little vermin. Now i am willing to strike a deal with you in return for handing over custody of the ga-matoran. Are you willing to talk about this?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-18 01:59:35 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Hum," Feran said.

"Oddly enough, I can't- ah, yes. I work as a minor blacksmith and weapon-maker," Feran said.

• Edited on 2013-12-18 02:04:08 by Norik Of Gielinor
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-18 03:40:03 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Wait... I think it is the head we're looking for!" Azthran got a bit closer to the head and took a closer look. "The key should be here somewhere..."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-18 05:37:00 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Please bear in mind that Surina is an excellent markswoman.

IC Surina

Surina had antcipated that Karv would attack. Though her crossbow was her greatest asset at the moment, she figured it would pay off to use it for pawns.

Surina launched at Karv, the arrow flying faster than the eye could see and straight at the space between Karv's eyes.

IC Kirgan

(Onu-Koro, Zemya's Shop):

Kirgan shrugged. "Never been to the lake. Might be really small or really big."

IC Hile

(Onu-Wahi):

"A smith...", Hile said, thinking of something. "You'd know Stronin, then? Seeing as you're in the same guild?"

• Edited on 2013-12-18 05:37:35 by Toatapio Nuva
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-18 06:48:34 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Azthran (Above Ground)

"A button? I hope it's not booby-trapped." Azthran pushed the button and it revealed a secret passage.

• Tags: