BZPRPG: Le-Wahi

Le
A vista of Kini-Nui from the Mata Nui Online Game
  • Posted 2013-12-01 01:08:17 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: RyzenRyzen sat down in front of Kewa. Waiting as the Matoran ate, he thought of a few things. This one could be a possible ally. Doesn't seem too bad. An idea formed in his head, and a smile crept onto his face.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-01 01:12:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Syvra

Syvra rode down the elevator and as soon as his feet hit the forest he floor he began on a general path towards Kini-nui via the overland route

OOC: Syvra to Kini-nui

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-01 01:58:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: KewaKewa kept eating his sandwich. The Toa was starting to creep him out. The smile was slightly unnerving. Kewa chewed in silence.

• Edited on 2013-12-02 21:42:17 by The X
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-01 02:21:48 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: RyzenSeeing the confused, or, more likely, startled expression on Kewa's face, Ryzen relaxed himself. He got his bag, and pulled out a map of the island. He had it from a while ago, so long that he didn't remember.It marked places of "interest", as he made notes about those places. Planning his next move like one plays a game, Ryzen stares at the map.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-02 02:28:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Triglax

He arrived at the Koro. He was tired of carrying the bag. He went in the inn for a drink.

OOC: Triglax is open for interaction.

• Edited on 2013-12-02 02:29:57 by Toa Kranan: TOUAB
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-02 20:14:27 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: RyzenRyzen stuffed the map back into the bag. Glancing at the Matoran, he asked. "Do you plan to do anything here? Just out of curiosity."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-02 21:42:02 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kewa

"Actually, only thing I planned on doing here was relaxing. Maybe find a few people experienced in metalworking, or builders, or anything along those lines." Kewa took a sip of water.

"And you?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-02 22:44:01 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: RyzenRyzen shrugged. "Exploring, wandering, interacting with people, the sorts. Yes, I have a thing with that."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-03 05:17:22 UTC
    View post on BZP
  •  

IC: NPC - Forceman - Gukko Force Recruitment Center

"Of course! You wish to join Le-Koro Wind-riders yes?"IC: Akiri Kongu - Le-Koro"New orders for Aurora," Kongu looked to the guards as he fit himself into Ka's saddle, "If he attempts to escape he is to be killed on sight," he looked into the eyes of the Toa in charge of the prison, "I would rather not have to, but between he and my people; my people have yet to try and poison civilians and kill members of its military.I trust your judgement."

IC: Matrixa

"Indeed, is there a forum to fill out or..."

I shifted feet, nervously.

IC: NPC - Forceman - Gukko Force Recruitment CenterThe Forcemen nodded, "You need only to answer some questions for me," he paused, "I will handle the writing."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-03 16:19:22 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Matrixa

"Ok, I'm listening."

• Edited on 2013-12-05 01:52:49 by Aurora the cat
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-04 20:06:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Ryzen

Ryzen looked to his side. Not really focusing on anything, he looked back at Kewa. "Got anyplace to show me around here? Again, if you need help with anything, I could lend a hand, really." He shugged casually as he talked.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-04 22:01:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: dropping color for a bit. at least until the bbccode gets fixed.

IC: Kewa

Kewa thought for a bit on whether or not there was anything to show this strange Toa. Then, a thought hit him. "Well, I could use some help building my forge..." Kewa pondered the thought. He'd have to pay the Toa, sure, but Kewa at least had some money to spare for that.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-04 22:57:30 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Suggested listening

Utu Kotore - Le-Wahi Skies

Hakam drops the blade, my words had enticed him into wanting to inflict a slower death on me. Looking back on it I feel sorry for having done this.

You hated your brother.

I did. I still do. And karz, he probably deserved this all too. But the only thing he cared about besides our parents was the honor that bound he and them together; even if that honor made as much sense as shoving your thumb up your rear end in an effort to understand the socio-economic policies of early Ta-Koro and the effect it had on the island’s overall trade.

I might’ve wanted to break him by destroying what he loved, but in that process I made him become something lower than he usually was; the honor was lost. I brought that away from him. The one thing that truly made him anything worth more than the aforementioned thumb shoving. I would have killed him with the Mark much differently if I were given a chance. I wish I could turn back time.

I dropped my blade too, a tingling in my arm seeming to understand what was happening, and what was about to happen. Hakam might have been stupid, but despite being smaller than me, he always seemed to physically stronger.

He pounded the palm of his hand with his fist as my blade sunk into the snow. He brought his hand back and swung it with surprising speed. The strike took me sort of off guard and it connected hard with my chin.

I spun, planting my feet into the snow, trying to regain my footing from the blow. He came at me again, but this time I was ready. In my hunched over position, I was lower than him, and for some stupid reason he tried to hit me with his fists again instead of his legs. I put my arms forwards, and before he could bring down the strike, I had jumped into him, causing us both to fall onto the snow. After struggling for a moment on the ground, with my superior size I got the upper hand.

Pinning him to the ground I started wailing on his face with my fists, smashing his cheeks and jaw over and over again, stopping only to shove his arms back onto the ground whenever he tried to fight back. Hit after hit, and I didn’t grow tired. I had him where I wanted him, under my weight and my somehow growing strength. Then it hit me. The tattoo was giving me powers.

I could feel and taste the fear. Hakam had known I had won. And after almost a minute of smashing him with my increasingly powerful fists, I finally stopped to let the blood settled beside us. I had broke the sides of his face, one side having collapsed in on itself, his cheek bone jutting into his oral cavity. I reached down with one hand, gripping his neck almost crushing it with my increased strength. He choked for a brief moment on the blood and pressure before I slacked my hand. I hissed into his face, “Last words. A luxury Keya never had. Say them.”

“Go to blazes.

“I’ll see you there.”

I gripped his jaw with the bottom of my palm and take hold of face, my fingers gripping into the eye sockets of his mask. I pull upwards as my hand crushes his already broken face.

He hardly has a chance to scream before I slam his head into the ice, shattering his skull and killing him instantly.

Tuara Drigton was holding hard onto the Gukko Bird she had strapped Utu onto, gazing hard at the Toa of ice should he attempt to move anything. He was still shaking from the loss of blood since Dorian had shot him. Her eyes narrowed as the group broke the tree-line, soaring into the sky. She looked north-west again, towards where the mine had collapsed. It was hard to see in the darkness, but now that she could visualize the sea of trees, Tuara felt as though she could hear the Rama in the distance.

She looked back to Utu who up until this point had been staring downwards, his eyes motionless. He looked back up at Tuara who's face was as hard and unforgiving as ever. Tuara had never seen the Toa so vulnerable. She hadn't expected him to comply with her demands at all. To be completely honest, she had fully expected to toss the Toa against a tree and leave him for dead to be torn to shreds by the Nui-Rama like a piece of meat. Her frown began to solidify more as she came to a realization about the broken Toa tied to a beast.

I stepped into my home. The term "home" applied loosely of course. At first it was quiet, until there were footsteps coming down the hallway. They were heavy and thumping, and I instantly knew that Harrow Kotore was inside. My fists did not shake with fear. Instead, I shuddered with euphoria. My biggest weakness was my greatest weapon now. I was invincible now. And I could finally do what I wanted to do my entire life.

I told my brother I would tear out my father's lungs.

I'd keep my promise.

I called out into the home, voice shaking with my body, "Harrow!" The world became silent when the footsteps stopped, other than the howling winds outside. I had changed a lot over the years since I was last here in Tu-Koro. I realized he might not recognize my voice now, so I called out, "It's Utu!"

The footsteps became harder and faster. I counted two before the massive Toa came around the corner. To this day, I haven't seen a Toa physically larger. I was the son of a giant. His voice wasn't much different either,
    "You came-" he faltered, looking into my darkened face. Normally at the sound of his voice, I would crumble. He was a terrifying Toa. But not on this day. It only made me stand up straighter and breathe deeper,
    "Your eyes..." his brow furrowed as he scowled, "Why do they glow?"

I looked down at my fists, ignoring his question. My hands and forearms were bloodstained; soaked with the life-force of my brother (may Satan carry his soul home), and on the blood my glowing purple eyes reflected back at me. I didn't answer what he asked, I instead curled my hands into fists, the blood being forced from my palms to drip onto the floor, "Your son is dead," I finally looked up into his eyes. He was a good couple yards from me, but even at this distance one felt small, "I crushed his skull with my one hand," I continued. My voice was as calm as a light snowfall or still waters. I lifted up my now relaxed hand again, examining the blood's shine in the light, "It felt good."

Harrow's red eyes burned with rage, his shoulders heaving with heavy breaths.

"I asked him if he wanted to be left alive to hear you and mother scream as you died," I looked up at the tower, the brick wall looking even more and more frightening as I continued. It truly was mortifying, "He decided to die first," I began to smile, the tingling in my arms and chest only continuing to increase. I had never felt better in my life. I had hit a high that I have rivaled only once in my life. I could feel the edges of my smile twitch and pull upwards, "I will offer you the same," I dropped my hands again, taking a step forwards. I had never in my entire life moved towards Harrow until now, "Speak now before I choose for you."

My father began to move towards me. He had made his choice.

Utu's eyes shifted away from Tuara's, tired and mournful.

She sighed.

• Edited on 2013-12-04 23:01:00 by turntechGodhead
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-05 01:56:07 UTC
    View post on BZP

Ryzen again shrugged. "Anything, really. You won't know how bored one can feel after a while."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-05 02:16:41 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

I think I've talked about how much life sucks before. Yeah, yeah definitely. And of course, that always segues into some emotional journey into my past during which I usually try to harm myself (to no avail of course- I am titaaaaaniiiiuuuuum) and end up building myself up and overall feeling better about life.

Well, I'm skipping all that today. I've already had my coffee this morning, and I'm really not feeling the angst.

But more importantly, I have a boyfriend! We've been going out for like a week now and things are going pretty well. His name is Le-Koroan Southern Ale. He's been great and supportive to me in terms of a semilegal whiskey. Daaang, though, it's strong stuff. I'm actually kind of buzzed right now, which is probably why I just referred to a beverage as my significant other...

But no, seriously, I've been working on having less drama in my day to day life. Supposedly, killing on of the six most beloved people of all time, sustaining multiple wounds, and a "dur hur hur seriuz drinking problem" (the words of a physician, not mine) have taken a toll on my stress levels. Tl;dr? I've got waaay too much on my mental.

But I'm still me. Still representing for the gangsters all across the world. Still running the streets. Still not loving police... I mean, just the other day, I told this one beggar that I "couldn't stand" people like him, when it turns out he...ha...can't stand up. Funny, right? Is that not funny to anybody else? Okay, whatever. If I see him again I'll apologize. Or maybe set the area around him on fire and tell him to run for his life. That would be really funny.

Honestly though, I'd rather keep drinking. This stuff is incredible.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-05 21:20:08 UTC
    View post on BZP

Ryzen looked at Kewa again. "So, are you ready?" He didn't care what he was doing, as he was tired of just walking around purposelessly.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-05 21:20:40 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Posting without colour until this code mess is resolved.

IC (Merror)

Other people? Merror thought to himself with a distinct sense of dread. Just how many people does Echelon have working for him now?

"Hmm," was all he gave by way of a response.

The cool breeze had indeed been the indication they thought, because as they turned the next corner the mouth of the tunnel came into view, the sounds of night in the jungle greeting them like murmured discussions of the gloom-covered trees.

Just the relief of reaching the surface brought a smile to Merror's face.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-05 23:02:06 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Yeah, sure. I already have everything ready, I just need to set it up." With that, Kewa stood up from his chair. "That was a good sandwich." He turned to Ryzen, and gestured. "Follow me, it's over this way."

He began walking back to his home.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-05 23:11:37 UTC
    View post on BZP

Ryzen nodded, and stood up as well. He followed Kewa to where he was being leaded.

This will be surely exciting...until something will happen. Anything.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-05 23:17:56 UTC
    View post on BZP

It wasn't a very long journey to Kewa's house. It looked like almost every other house in Le-Koro, except the fact that it did have two floors. Kewa opened the door, letting himself and Ryzen in. The bottom floor was completely empty, lacking any sort of furniture. There were various pieces laying around, pieces for the forge that was going to be built. The floor was absolutely bare as well. A small, narrow flight of stairs led to the top floor, which could not be seen from inside. Kewa stopped and turned to Ryzen.

"Alright, we'll start work now. Not much to do, other than set up a few stands for weapons and the actual forge."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-05 23:23:55 UTC
    View post on BZP

Ryzen looked at the materials, looking for what to use. "What should I start with? Anything specific you could want me to do?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-07 00:02:19 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Korero/Kongu jam with Snipe

IC (Korero)

"Korero," Akiri Kongu spoke with a tone of calm urgency, stepping up to the Toa Maru of Air. He spared no time, "Are you able to speak with me in private?"

He had already got the letter from Ko-Koro, explaining what had happened. It certainly wasn't a pleasent piece of news.

"Of course," Korero replied, immediately catching Kongu's tone. "Your hut?"

He held out a hand, mentally preparing the Hiko with memories of the Akiri's office.

Kongu nodded curtly, and took the Toa's hand, "Ka," the bird looked at him. He clicked and whistled. The bird turned around and began to walk towards the village limits where she would fly until Kongu's return.

Korero activated his mask, and everything around them turned to white. A moment later, the interior of Kongu's hut materialised around them.

"So," said the Toa Maru, releasing Kongu's hand and walking a few paces through the room, before turning to face him again, one hand on his hip. "What is it? I can tell it's important."

Kongu began shutting the blinds to his office hut, "Have you ever been in Jaller's office Korero?"

"Once, yes," he replied. "He invited me in when I visited to carve on the Wall of History."

A slight smile brushed his mouth.

"Do we need to go there?"

Kongu looked back to Korero as the blinds fell. The hut was kept lit by two lightstones perched upon the walls. He stopped, "Akiri Matoro has been killed."

The smile evaporated.

"Mata Nui."

Kongu held out his hand, "Jaller is a friend and an ally, and I have dark feelings about the nature of Matoro's passing. I am told that Jaller may help me yet piece together this puzzle to solidify my hypothosis which has been up until now, speculation."

He paused, "If you please Toa-hero Korero."

"As you wish, Akiri Kongu," Korero replied, taking Kongu's hand once more. His grip was firmer than before.

In his mind's eye, he pictured Jaller's office - the desk, the walls, small items on shelves...he crystallised the mental image, and -

Whiteness.

OOC: Kongu and Korero to Ta-Wahi

• Edited on 2013-12-07 00:02:48 by Ghosthands
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-07 01:01:05 UTC
    View post on BZP

Ryzen picked up a piece of...something. Turning it around in his hands, he looked at it, examining it. "What should I do with this?" he asked quietly.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-07 01:05:37 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Going to color...hopefully no issues will pop up.

IC: Kewa

The matoran turned to look at Ryzen. "Ah, that's part of one of the weapon racks. Seems like it is one of the backings, you'll need to find the hooks." Kewa glanced around, and found one of said hooks. "Look around for these, attach them to the backing, and place them on the walls if you would. I'll begin constructing the actual forge."

Upon saying that, Kewa grabbed one of the chunkier things, and began to attach various do-dads to it. He had essentially memorized what his dream forge would look like, after all.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-07 01:36:23 UTC
    View post on BZP

Ryzen manage to grab a few hooks from the piles. Doing as asked, he put them on the walls as Kewa went on the forge.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-07 14:08:04 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Aerus (The Cave, Le-Wahi)

And there we have it. The end of the tunnel. I should be glad.

But I know what comes next.

As the light hits us, enough of it to offer visibility, I glance down at my left arm. There's a sound like a strangled whimper. I think I made it. It's not there. My arm is gone. My whole arm is gone.

I blink, and shake my head. It's not gone. It's just there, lying limp by my side. Still there. Still fine. I breathe deeply, hoping that my momentary panic went unnoticed. It was just the light. The light played a trick on me. Give it a while. The numbness will wear out. Everything will be fine.

"Everything will be fine," I murmur quietly, forcing down my anxieties. It's going to be fine. It has to be fine. I have no time to spare for this.

Everything will be fine.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-07 19:44:36 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Kongu and Korero from Ta-Wahi

IC (Korero)

With a third Jump, the Toa and the Akiri reappeared in the latter's office. Korero had remained silent throughout the meeting; he'd had nothing to add, really, besides his presence as one of the Maru. And as he listened to the two Akiri's conversation, his thoughts had often strayed to the package that lay in the corner of his hut.

It had arrived that day, a soft, innocuous parcel sitting on his doorstep, wrapped in brown paper and with a small note pinned to it. Korero hadn't opened it; he'd been whisked off by Kongu before he'd had the chance, and besides, he'd felt a strange trepidation that went beyond the simple nature of the item to what it represented. It was the mixture of fear and excitement that is felt when one knows change is coming - the unknown. A new chapter.

And now, it looked as though he might need it sooner than he'd expected.

Turning to Kongu, his words were quick and to the point.

"Akiri, my Toa-sister Leah is in the village," he said. "She needs to know about this."

"If you trust her. This information must be kept secret. And spoken of only in the most secure places. Do you understand me?"

Korero nodded.
    "I'll take her right back here the moment I find her."
    "These matters could mean life and death for any of us. So be careful."
    "I know. I will."
    With that, Korero exited the hut. A troupe of Forcemen were stationed outside, awaiting orders. Singling out a handful of them, he gave them quick instructions. With a flurry of nods, salutes, and 'Yes, Toa-hero Korero!'s, they dispersed into the village to find Leah.
    Korero waited, thinking once more of the package.
    Soon.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-07 20:26:39 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Skyra

I helped Cael onto Destiny before climbing onto the back of the Kahu myself, I sat in front of Cael, allowing her to hold onto me for support if she needed it. I wasn't planning on going very fast but in Cael's condition I wasn't sure how good her sense of balance was. Better to be safe than sorry.

The ride home was rather quiet and uneventful, besides the occasional glance at Utu in all his patheticness I simply concentrated on keeping Destiny on course.

My mind was heavy with worry, what exactly had happened? I knew they must have faced off with Echelon, but it apparently hadn't gone so well. Cael and Tuara were accounted for, but what about the others? Dorian, Joske, Agni....Merror, I feared the worst, part of me wanted to run straight back the other way and look for them, but I knew that wasn't realistic. I wasn't injured, but in the effort of getting Cael and Tuara to safety I no longer had the strength or energy for another trip like that.

Maybe a year ago I would have been that stupid and reckless, with no regard to my own health and safely I probably would have rushed right back there without a moment’s hesitation. But that wasn't me anymore, I had changed, in more ways than just the obvious.

We broke the treeline and the Le-koroan Airfield came into view, we were back home. Once we landed, the first thing I did was make sure Cael, Tuara, and even Utu got sent to the hospital. The medical staff wanted me to check on me as well, but I insisted I was fine, and when the doctor told me it was mandatory, I told him I'd break his jaw.

That might have been a little harsh, but the point was I didn't do hospitals anymore. Never again.

I left the hospital in due haste, even being in it's vicinity make me jumpy.

--------------

I stepped into the Bright-Star Inn, which in recent days had become an all too familiar site. I was looking for the one person who was still in any condition to help me find Merror. My boyfriend, Tillian.

Despite the fact I had given him such an honorable title, I hadn't seen him in well over a week. What was he doing?

I found out that answer for myself as I opened the room Tillian had been occupying in the inn. There he was, sleeping like a baby in the bed...almost exactly in the same position I'd seen him in last time. But there was no way he'd been sleeping for a whole week...right?

I looked around the room, which was starting to collect a little dust...nothing had been moved. I stepped inside and shut the door behind me, approaching closer to the bed. "Tillian?"

He didn't respond, which did nothing to calm my nerves. I rushed to his side and knelt down near his face. Still breathing... I sighed in relief, but that relief quickly turned into annoyance.

"Tillian! Wake the ###### up!"

"Gwuh?" Tillian mumbled, biting his lip in his sleep and then rolling over in his pillowcase.

Without a moment’s hesitation or any remorse I ripped the pillowcase off the Toa of Laziness. A cold, cold wind blew the rest of the sheets off the bed.

“You’ve been sleeping for over a week! That is not healthy!”

"Of course it is," Til mumbled, voice hoarse with a week's disuse. "I would argue that, if sleep really does the body good, I'm on the fast track to immortality. Night, Sky."

I chucked darkly. "Only the dead sleep this long Til." The cold wind didn’t stop blowing in from the window.

“Now come on, I need your help finding Merror, he’s missing and Echelon is to blame.”

Tillian didn’t respond, already going back into dreamland despite my interference. I took his shoulders and shook him gently. “Hey come on, I’m serious...at the very least you need to eat and drink something.” He had to be dehydrated after all this time.

"Really? You'd go and grab me breakfast like that?" Til mumbled with a dreamy smile. "Thanks, Sky. You're...you're really great."

I raised my finger to protest, but then I dropped it and sighed. “Yeah...but you better get up and eat it when I return!”

A puff of air blew the blankets and sheets right back onto the bed, burying the hippy as I left the room to order breakfast for sleeping beauty.

I went downstairs and found Unari, wasn't hard since he was pretty much always there.

“Hey Unari, I’d like to order a breakfast for my boyfriend, since he’s too lazy to get out of bed I’m just going to bring it to him.”

"Do you want the wake-up special or something more normal?"

“Anything that will get him energized. He’s been sleeping for like a week.” The sad thing was, that wasn’t even a slight exaggeration.

Fifteen minutes later and was back in Tillian’s room with a tray of everything breakfeasty ever invented. I placed the tray near Tillian’s sleeping face so he could take in the lovely scent.

Could Til resist the scent of bacon? Impossible.

• Edited on 2013-12-08 01:45:32 by A billion cats
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-08 01:00:20 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • “Oh, brothers! I don't care for brothers. My elder brother won't die, and my younger brothers seem never to do anything else.”

-Oscar Wilde

IC:

"Soooooooooooo...Malik, when are you getting released?"

Malik grinned up at Dorian winningly, trying to charm his older brother into forgetting that they were standing on opposite sides of prison bars. Blood streaked from the nostril of the younger Shaddix and the elder's fine clothing was all ruffled; his dark blue eyes regarded Malik warily and he didn't take the grin for much of an answer. With a flick of concentration he caused the empty pair of shackles to smack Malik on the forearm, and he yelped in pain before sitting down and staring up at Dor, who now had a bit of a smirk on his face.

"I don't know, man," Malik complained. "Ow, that hurt, what's your problem?"

"You are, deadbeat. I had to pull three goons off your unconscious body. One of my pulls broke a guy's arm in three places. Father is furious - he broke the record for amount of threats to disown us in the same breath three times tonight. He almost smothered himself with the chocolate meringue Juno brought home. It might have even been funny, except I had to pull him out before our inheritance drowned with him. What did you do?"

"Dor, they were messing with this girl on the streets and I--"

"What did you do, Malik."

"--I was just trying to be like you, you would've helped her if you were there, she was in tears, Dor--"

"Yeah? You will be too, if you make me ask again. Look around you. Do you see any dashing savior, here for a rescue at your beck and call?"

"I see you," Malik laughed, grinning again at Dor, eyes shining. Dor stared at him with a stoic expression, gripping the bar so tightly it was like to break, and then finally he smiled too, teeth almost glowing in the dim light of the cell at midnight. The brothers Shaddix shared a long laugh and then Dor withdrew a key and popped open Malik's cell and cuffs, lifting him up off the metal slab of a bed and ruffling the back of his head. "Come on. You're a Shaddix; you keep them waiting, not the other way around."

"So, Dad and the pie, huh? How'd that go?"

"It just came out of the oven. Juno tried to tell him, but he had boiling meringue in his ears. I think that's why he was bellowing so loud about how we didn't deserve our own surnames."

"Well, you know Pops, maybe he just likes to bellow."

"If I had you for a son, I wouldn't be able to find much room to fault him."

"Yeah? Well, thanks for the ego boost. My frickin' hero, Dor...Dor...Dor..."

"Dor!" Agni repeated emphatically, but not unkindly, and we were back in the hospital, and Father was dead and Malik was alive and I was in that weird place in between. "Shaddix. Kid."

"I don't know why I remembered that."

"Remembered what?"

There was no way to explain it to him.

My frickin' hero.

Cael and Tuara were outside the window. Chains that fell from the sky. Chains that mattered. Chains that Echelon hadn't broken after all.

"I'm outta here now. Nobody keeps a Shaddix waiting."

Until later, I didn't even think about how weird it was that I could perfectly recall one of Malik's random arrests, and the aftermath of the whole affair, but I couldn't even remember walking out the door to greet the girls. By the time I did, Malik was gone again, and there was only one dragon left.

-Tyler

• Edited on 2013-12-08 01:01:14 by Tyler Durden
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-08 15:12:12 UTC
    View post on BZP

After what seemed like hours-but was more akin to an hour or two-the forge was finally completed. Weapon racks hung on the walls, waiting to show off Kewa's craftsmanship. There was a small waiting area, with a little table and two chairs. A desk stood in front of the smelter, where Kewa would take orders. A pile of metal for forging was lain out nearby, pieces of various metals and even some small bits of protosteel within. Kewa looked upon his newly made business, and turned to Ryzen. "Thank you for your help. If you want, I can pay you for your troubles. It was quite difficult work, after all."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-08 18:15:33 UTC
    View post on BZP

Ryzen shrugged. "Your choice. I could stay and help you for a job, perhaps, if you need it."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-09 01:22:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Tuara Drigton - Le-Koro

Tuara had ducked out of the hospital the moment the doctor had turned away. She didn't know where the others were. She only knew of Cael, Skyra, and Utu. Utu had been tied down with almost too many restraints as per Tuara's very specific suggestions. Suggestions referring of course to the yelling at the military staff at the hospital until they caved. It was a good strategy. Luckily for Tuara, she had already held some form or notoriety in the air village during her years working there before finally returning to Ta-Koro before the Mark Bearer incident.

Tuara had made her way through the streets until she came to Akiri Kongu's front step. Nobody else had seemed to know the answers to her questions. And of course, Lear had vanished as the group made it back to Le-Koro's airspace.

"Akiri Kongu cannot see you."

"Why."

"That is not up to us to speak on."

"You knock on that door right now or I'll use your skull as a doorstop when I kick it open myself."

The Toa outside Kongu's office stood up taller, "Ma'am, I will not tell you again."

"I won't tell you again either," Tuara's eyes became darker and flickered like a rising fire. The fire spread from her eyes to her chest and arms, covering her head to toe in quivering anger, "I want to know right now why that man has somebody trailing me secretly, and why nobody seems to know but the shadow himself," her voice was rising.

The second Toa guard raised an eyebrow,
    "You may speak to him when he is no longer busy."

"I want to talk to him now."

"Why do you need to speak to him now?"

Tuara lashed out, grabbing the closest Toa by the face, pulling him towards her own face. She hissed, "I might have just lost a handful of close friends to our good friend Death, and it wasn't until I was in danger that Kongu's man decided to step in as my knight in shining armor. Why weren't they important?" Why-"

Tuara was knocked back, her grip on the Toa lost as the second Toa lowered his hand. A Calix on his face, his features hardening. Tuara skidded along the street. Before she could regain her footing and push herself up, she found a foot in her face had struck her to the side with a loud, thwock sound. She reeled her hands to find the ground but instead found herself swimming. Landing on her side Tuara finally planted her hand on the floor beneath her and looked up with a look that could set fire to ice before spitting up blood.

"You my speak to the Akiri when he is no longer busy. I will notify him," The Toa looked down on Tuara, clearly meaning business, "Leave the vicinity immediately."

Tuara spat again, this time with more venom. She began to speak, "You'll have to drag-" thwak

The Forceman signaled to secondary guards in the streets and called out to them, "Take her to medical personnel and keep her under watch."

• Edited on 2013-12-09 01:23:59 by turntechGodhead
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-09 02:40:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

Liacada stepped out of the bar, half-stumbling from mild drunkenness. She wasn't absolutely aware of her surroundings, but her motormouth was on high-octane fuel. The remainder of her experience will be expressed in quotations.

"Hey, you can't take glasses out of the bar!"

"Oh, dang, sorry bro, can I just..."

"Security!"

"Wohoho, man, calm the everloving jackrat down, I was just..."

"She set herself fire! Call the police!"

"WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?"

-Liacada and bartender, Le-Koro Bar/Street

She then stepped into the street, soon running into another problem with a large Vortixx merchant.

"Watch your step, #####!"

"The ##### did you just say to me?"

"What, do you want to fight?"

"I'll burn you, punk!"

"Come at me #####!"

-Liacada and a Vortixx merchant

Shortly after the two were pulled off of each other. She then turned to find a particular Toa of iron walking down the street.

"Dorian Shaddix!"

-Liacada

After this particularly loud outburst, she covered her mouth, swiveled on her heel, and began walking the other way swiftly.

Dorian Shaddix was someone she didn't want to talk to.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-09 03:29:20 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"Dorian Shaddix!"

That's my name, don't wear it out, if I slept with you don't take it personal--

Oh. Oh, I did sleep with you, didn't I. Liacada? Liacada was still alive? Liacada hadn't taken a dive into a volcano or something? Clearly not, she still had the mental fortitude to scream my name in a crowded street and run away; she still smelled like an odd blend of cinders and booze; her voice was the same. It was Liacada, and she'd stumbled her way away from the Ta-Koro Guard into Le-Koro, and screamed my name. Yards away from a detective who knew her name.

I turned to see if Joske could go after her with me, but Joske wasn't back yet; Tuara had split off to find someone and Cael was still walking up to the hospital. Agni and Valria were inside, with Utu being tended to by doctors. Only Cael's eyes were searching for me - where was Joske, Joske, I needed my Kolhii star, Joske would help...Joske had helped Utu, where was Joske, of course Joske had made it out...

There was no time to wait for him. Cael would be within sight of me in about eight seconds, and if I let Liacada go, either I would never see her again or the Guard would get her, and Lord only knew what sort of train that would end up driving off the rails. And, I guess, this was kind of my mess. My Utu - if the old Utu wasn't my Utu, anyway. If...if Liacada...

Sorry, sweetie, I almost yelled back to Cael, just before I took off bolting, I'll buy you breakfast in a few.

Atonement was a big old pail of sometimes.

Liacada kind of glanced over her shoulder and sped up (read: moved her arms back and forth faster) and narrowed her eyes at Dorian.

She looked over her shoulder for a second too long; when she turned back forward and then checked again, I'd disappeared into thin air, and when her eyes turned forward I stepped out of an alleyway and caught her by the wrists, stopping her from running any farther.

"Woah dude are you trying to start something? If you don't back off we're finna throw down."

"Lia, look, it's me. Dor. You know I'm not trying to start anything. Come on, I just got out of the hospital - let me buy you breakfast."

"What if I'm not hungry?"

"Well, your stomach just growled, but if you're really 'not hungry' at least let me give you some cash to charter some transport to Ga-Koro. Just take it easy for a little while. You look beat."

"...well, if you insist...are there any good restaurants in this neck of the woods?"

"Yeah, there's a great one near where I just came out of. I'm meeting some friends of mine there. Just stay cool, alright? I'm not gonna let anything happen to you. C'mon. It'll be an adventure."

"...what kind of friends?"

"The kind that I'm going to have to lie to repeatedly to protect you."

"Sounds like a blast! Where to?"

"Back the way you just, quote, sprinted," I sighed, and keeping her supported in my arm we trudged back to the hospital.

-Tyler

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-09 04:46:37 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: (Valria)

I'm getting the feeling I don't belong here, maybe I should have stayed in Ko. Maybe I should have died in Xa-Koro, had that anchor drag me into the depths and drown me, make me suffer along the way. Suffer for being so weak, not strong enough, never strong enough. Not strong to stop Echelon, he got away, he got away because of me. Just like Telric, Telric got away, killed Mef, my fault, always my fault. What the ###### is wrong with me? I should have been strong enough to fight him off, keep him away, keep him away. Friends dead, people lost because of me, because I wasn't strong enough. My friends...suffered because I was weak, I hear their screams you know? Every night I sleep I hear them screaming, begging, pleading. Some of them died, some of them lived, and the ones who lived, what happened to them...I don't want to think about it but I do. I heard their cries, the bargaining they made as they asked him to stop. And I sat there, huddled in a room crying as they endured so much pain, so much loss.

And then I feel them, the hands on me, the dirty hands and I shudder and squirm, as if attacked by some unseen force. Agni looks at me, confused and worried. He doesn't hear what I'm hearing, feel what I'm feeling, good he doesn't know this icky feeling, this ugly feeling, like a stain I can't wash off. It makes me ugly, I'm ugly, that's obvious though, the scars, I'll be ugly forever. I pull away from Agni. Barely thinking, find janitor's closet, lock door, curl up and sob. Try to think of happier things but all I can see is his face, all I can hear is my screams, all I can feel is his hands. I'm not strong to fight, never was, never will be. Why can't I be strong like Tuara, like Cael, like Agni and Dorian?

"Because you're inherently weak Valria." An angry voice spits at me, I know that voice, I know that tone, always there, reminding me why I shouldn't exist. Why I should suffer. Why should I suffer because...

I'm weak.

I'm weak.

I'm weak.

I'm weak.

I'm scared.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-09 06:20:07 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Matrixa

"Ok, I'm listening."

IC: NPC Forceman - Wind-riders Recruitment Office

"Name, species, powers (if any), and I will ask what you think you could do for Le-Koro as a member of the Wind-riders?"

IC: Tuara Drigton - Le-Koro

Tuara held a middle finger up to the guard. The guard's face remained as stoic and expressionless as ever. He raised the butt of his spear to strike Tuara's face again when a voice sounded.

"Tuara Drigton," Tuara looked up to see Akiri Kongu standing in the doorway, one hand on the handle, "I am told you are meant to be in the medical wing of my hospital right now," Tuara calmed a little before shaking her head, as though trying to get past the softness in Kongu's voice, "Step into my office."

Tuara looked down at Utu as he lay peacefully strapped to his bed. As soon as she had finished speaking with Kongu she had made her way back to the hospital. The med team had already pulled out the bullet that Dorian had put in the tank. She sighed.

What was the point? Where was Joske anyways? The reason they had got Utu was because Joske wanted to. And there still hadn't been any word as to where he was. Or if he was even alive still. Same went for Merror and Valria. According to Kongu, a team had been sent towards the mine, and if they had made it out the Force would be there to pick them up. And if they weren't there, well, the Force would start digging. Tuara hoped for the best.

Her frown hardened. The doc had said that Utu's blood had begun to turn acidic. And after a couple more months, the blood would begin to wear on his veins and circulatory system. The doctors said that the only real treatment is to constantly heal the veins themselves regularly and there would be no way to flush his body of the poison. The Mark was too closely tied to his body, and would only continue to produce more acidic blood and replace it with the regular stuff. That was hardly a solution. They could only treat the symptoms, but never fix the problem from the source.

How was Joske going to do this?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-09 07:30:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

Normally, I wouldn't find myself at the Koro's hospital. I normally wouldn't bother with the place unless somebody called me in because they needed extra help, really. Normally I would pass by it on my way to get food, or go to the bar and pick something up, or something like that. Maybe I'd go in and visit with an old patient, because that was where they'd been taken after sustaining some injury while working or such as that, make sure they're doing alright, see if I could help at all. Who knew. I just normally stayed away from the place.

So it made sense that the doctors and nurses and such inside the hospital looked at me with surprise. It made sense that I was surprised myself, finding myself there. I'm really not sure why I decided to go. Why I decided to pick up the old jacket I'd been given when I did work there, for a short time, that had my nametag right on the breast. 'Praggos.' That was all the nametag said. My name, nothing more - no title or anything like that. It was obvious that I was a doctor. Why would I need my nametag to tell people that. I don't get why I came. Maybe it was curiosity, maybe I felt some sort of obligation, maybe I wanted to reminisce. I'm not sure.

But I found myself, in jacket, nametag shining in the light, striding through the halls to one room rather far back in the hospital. I'd not seen the man in this room get brought in - I was busy working when he was - but I'd heard about it from a few of my patients and even a forceman or two. Karz, I've not seen this man in months, and now I'm walking to meet him. To see him, to try and help out in whatever way I can. Maybe I want some answers for myself. Maybe I want to see if he had any answers. Maybe I felt like I had some answers for him. I'm not sure. But now I'm going to see somebody I used to halfway follow before, and now I'm going to be looking at him, not in the light of the leader of some little group, or some menace to a Koro, but as a (semi-)helpless patient.

At the end of the hall was the room I was looking for. I had the key to get inside if it was locked, but it wasn't - the door was slightly ajar, actually - so I just walked up to it. I signed into the clipboard hanging on the wall next to the door, to let those whose duty it was to check these things know I'd visited him, and didn't really look at any of the other names on there. I had an idea of one I might see. Raising my hand, I knocked on the door; raising my voice, I spoke to whoever was inside. If they were from Le-Koro, they would know me; if they knew Utu, they would probably know me. Or at least know of me.

"It's Praggos. Permission to come in and see the patient?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-09 08:09:45 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Tuara Drigton - Le-Koro

Tuara answered without hesitation, kind of just letting the words fall out, "You don't need my permission I'm not the doc," it was only after she had spoken and the door had begun to open that she had realized who was asking to come inside. ###### it. She turned, her arms falling out of the crossed position, swinging as she moved.

And there he was, standing in the door way. Wearing a doctor's jacket with his nametag, looking rather pertubed to see Tuara Drigton of all people standing over Utu Kotore.

Praggos.

A man who was loyal to Utu during the Mark Bearer incident (as loyal as one could be during those times), and a man who stood by an watched idly as Iris used Tuara as a proxy to possess a good number of Mark Bearers, all the while being tortured for every moment of her existence. Tuara faltered in her stance. She remembered those moments very clearly. She was, of course, forced to watch the worst memories of each collectively possessed Mark Bearer for every minute of every day. They resonated in her memory often.

It was the reason she took up alcoholism to cope. It was the reason she would cry herself to sleep each night in Ta-Koro and wake-up hungover, only to do it again that same night. It was the reason Tuara couldn't stay in that village. She couldn't sit on her hands because they always had a grip on a bottle of vodka.

"You," she says with clear distaste and contempt, "What are you doing here."

• Edited on 2013-12-09 08:19:21 by turntechGodhead
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-09 08:37:22 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

Contempt. What an interesting emotion; one that had fed me for quite a while. And now I heard it in Tuara's tone. It wasn't the same for me anymore, though; where before it had been a sweet nectar, now it was some witch's brew, bitter and vile; poison. Cutting like a knife. But I wouldn't let that be seen. No, I simply sighed, shaking my head. What apology could I make? None that would be accepted, of course; what could I say to her? Nothing, really. Nothing to try and make up for how much I had wronged her specifically in the past, if only by doing nothing to help her.

"If I only knew," I said, and it was truthful; I had little idea as to why I was here, other than that I had come to see Utu. Turning my eyes, I looked upon the sleeping form on the bed. Sleeping peacefully...that was a phrase he'd never thought he'd be able to use for Utu. And, of course, he was strapped down, preventing him from moving; beyond that, though, I recognized new scars on him. Signs of new wounds. Signs of some sort of degradation, almost; strapped down like this and hurt as he seemed to be, it was as though this once towering man had shrunken in on himself. He almost looked small.

Beyond that, though, was the mark. Where before it had been crisp in appearance, standing out against his skin like all the others' (and my own) had, now it was twisted, bent, corrupted beyond its own inherent corruption; as though it had molten and reformed as some horrid parody of what it had once been. Spiderlike did his veins stand out with it, almost like some poisoned web had been laid over him. He was sick. To me, it looked like he was dying. It was a painful sight...I'd confronted mortality once, and that was with myself. But this man who had seemed almost immortal to me before, now reduced to this...

As the silence grew in length, it grew in discomfort. I cleared my throat, preparing to speak - and the words caught. What could I say? What could I comment upon? Would I move simply to inane banalities, for a lack of anything else, or might I manage some actual conversation? I had no idea what to do, what to say; yet I had to say something. Slowly, words began to come out, and I was surprised at how hoarse my voice sounded.

"I...Tuara, I'm so sorry for what happened. If I'd had some control, I assure you, I'd at least have tried to make things different..." Ah, the words I'd been needing to say to one of them for so long, now; why not the one who was most harmed by all of us Mark Bearers? The one who I likely could have helped, had I at least thought to do so, had I been able to control myself...Power was such an addictive drug, that I'd learned, and blinding, too...

But that was in the past now. And there was rather little I could do to try and make up for it; for now, I'd learn everything I could about Utu's condition, to try and help him, keep him alive; no matter how underserving of it others might think he was. I turned to Tuara, my intent gaze meeting her disapproving glare, and began to speak again - this time maintaining better control over my voice.

"What's happened since last I saw you? Since last I saw Utu? I need to know, Tuara; I need to find some way to help him, to free him from the taint of his mark. Surely you understand that."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-12-09 23:44:29 UTC
    View post on BZP
  •  

"Ok, I'm listening."

IC: NPC Forceman - Wind-riders Recruitment Office

"Name, species, powers (if any), and I will ask what you think you could do for Le-Koro as a member of the Wind-riders?"

"Well, I'm Matrixa, spelled with a x, not an cs, I would take offense if you though that I wasn't a toa."

She thought for a moment.

"I guess I could offer my field experience, I know how to work in very, well, different situations."

• Tags: