BZPRPG: Kini-Nui

Kini
A banner for the topic
  • Posted 2011-10-27 02:19:22 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Asari was almost knocked back by the horrible noise and rushed back to the hut with the odd plants he had collected. If this didn't make Solaris' headache worse, nothing would. "I'm back!" Asari said as he stumbled to where his hut was, but only saw Solaris sleeping. "Huh. I guess I'll go see what made that noise." Asari dropped his plants on the ground and walked to the temple. When he got there, he saw a green Toa. "Hello," Asari said. "What brings you to this boring ol' place?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-27 02:21:42 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Jeni): "Don't talk to me." She made a sphere of compressed air around her, making it hard to get close to her.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-27 02:24:34 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Qathek Qathek returned to the temple, now detecting two beings at it. They were trespassers, he shall deal with them.

• Edited on 2011-10-27 02:24:46 by Vigor Mortis
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-27 02:55:25 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Lantz saw a few beings gathering. One was a toa using elemental abilities to shield itself with air. Lantz tried not to look. Ever since that turaga took away his own Toa Energy and turned Lantz into a turaga as well. No, Lantz would find Makuta and offer his services in exchange for powers that were taken from him. ooc: interaction?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-27 11:22:00 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Dece suddenly spotted a Toa with a golden mask within sight of the group, a shell of compressed air surrounding her. "Any of you know who that is?" asked Dece as he pointed at the green Toa, "Do you think that it is a threat?" The Fe- Matoran waited for a response, all the while watching the Toa carefully.As Dece waited for a response he could start to hear other people in the region, though it was hard to pinpoint all oftheir locations. It was as if suddenly everyone on the island had found a way into the secret temple. The Fe-Matoran made a mental note to lock the ice gate behind them next time they enter this sight. After all, so many of these voices could be hostile. Dece could only hope that most of the people here were not violent towards Matoran.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-27 11:26:11 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Solaris woke up. He felt refreshed and recharged, but the headache was still there. A pile of herbs lay nearby. Asari must have come back and left. He stood and began chewing on one. There was a moment when he wanted to spit the disgusting thing out, but his head was beginning to clear. He went around and pried off the masks of the unconscious Rahi."Well, the clouds are clearing," Solaris said, chewing on another herb. "Looks like I was wrong about the weather. I wonder where Asari is. I better just stay here. Might get lost in the woods."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-27 11:29:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: "I think if they meant us harm they would have attacked us by now."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-27 11:42:51 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: InvisibleInvisible soon realised no-one was going to assassinate a Toa."I guess I'll just have to do this myself." he thought out loud, before leaving.OOC: Invisible to Le-Wahi

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-27 12:16:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Nichou gave the axe to the le-matoran. "use it with care."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-27 12:51:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Traxin, forest): Seeing him leave, Traxin followed. He had to have a very good reason to kill a Toa. If he didn't, then Traxin would certainly make sure he failed. OOC: Traxin to Le-Wahi

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-27 13:53:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: "Great-thanks my friend." Lepidran started scaling the stone pillar. His gracile Le-Matoran form was enough to let him find grip and footholds most of the time, but where the stone was too smooth, or too weathered by the elements, he used the axe to either anchor himself or chip small holds for his feet. It didn't take him long to reach the top

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-27 19:25:47 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Seing as the le-matoran had reached the top, nichou Yelled, "do you see anything up there?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-27 22:11:01 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Lantz noticed a slight depression in the undergrowth in the area surrounding Kini Nui. He hurried over to it, and was surprised by what he found. Beneath a number of plants was a hole in the ground, and by the looks of it, it levelled out and enlarged into a tunnel. He carefully climbed down into it, holding on to roots to prevent falling head forward.Finally inside, he began to walk. The tunnel continued for quite some time, further than he could see. He also noticed several sets of footprints in the thick layer of dust, and from what he could tell, they were recent.Minions of the Shadowed One, perhaps? It never occured to him that a group of of wholesome Toa may have entered the tunnel, such as Merror and LoJak.Eventually Lantz came upon a former scene of battle. On the side wall was a large shaft of light, which seemed to have been formed by people climbing out. On the floor were a few scorch marks, the legacy of some Ta Toa perhaps, and two dead Kraata. Lantz smiled. I'm getting close. ooc: The good Friar?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-27 22:28:05 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: don't do it man... it's not worth it! IC What Lantz heard next he could not describe. It sounded like a skitting noise, like the ones Ussal crabs make, perhaps metal on stone, but it was off and wrong... way wrong. It sounded heavier, more menacing, clacking even... it was as if "vile" had been made into a sound instead of a word. The turaga hesitantly stepped towards the noise, ever curious, ever bold, ever desperate... and that's when he saw them. Mana. Mana crabs. Two of them. He had never seen one, only heard the tales, and the tales didn't do them justice. Hulking monstrosities, vicious beasts, the personal pets and guardians of the Makuta. No-one ever had an accurate account because no-one ever came back alive after seeing one up close. One was enough to beat a whole toa team... so two against a lone turaga wouldn't even get an honorable mention. Clacking their jaws they closed in on the a foolish adventurer.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-27 22:35:06 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Don't know if there's something I'm supposed to see or not, so... IC: "Nothing out the ordinary," Lepidran shouted down, "Something in sing-song Le-Wahi, but there is always something in sing-song Le-Wahi."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-27 22:40:27 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Jeni): The toa of air dissipated the sphere and began to walk away. OOC: Jeni open for conversion to evil...I mean interaction.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-27 22:59:15 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Dece nodded and clicked, "It was worth a try. You say something out of the ordinary is in Le-Wahi, can you describe it in detail? If not, try to climb down. Maybe we can find a clue in the design of the temple itself. I think I see a sand pit close to the temple itself. Any of you know about it?"Suddenly the Fe-Matoran noticed that the Suva-Kaita appeared to be damaged. "Look at this," he said to the group, "You think the warriors who took down those Nui-Rama did this? Lepidran, do you notice anything about the damage from that height?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-27 23:39:13 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: "As far as I can see, its just damage. Must have been done in Rama-fight."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-27 23:49:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Dece shouted back, "Okay, but what about the out of the ordinary event you mentioned in Le-Wahi? Can you make out any details about what is happening? The place if close to Kini-Nui, if the people who fought the Rama still live, they might have headed there. We didn't see anyone pass by us to Ta-Wahi, so I don't think they headed there. The regions may be big, but the Ice Gate is the only entrance I saw." The Fe-Matoran turned to Nichou and the others and asked again, "What is that sand pit over there? We are very inland here, the closest beach is mios away. So it should have an important reason to move all that sand here. Do either of you know what it is for?" As Dece waited for a response, he wondered who were the heroes who fought here.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 00:09:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: "I just see stirrings deep-wood. If it was in bald-land or high-branch maybe I'd see something, but trees cover sight."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 00:42:56 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Wow, lot's of stuff's happened. I suppose that's what happens when you end school later than everyone else (stupid homeschool schedule!) IC: Asari was to busy thinking to himself to realize he had been asked a question. Whatever thought Asari as the toa walked away. I'd better see if Solaris is awake Asari walked back to his hut to find Solaris gathering infected masks. "What do you want with those Makuta-staind things?" He asked.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 00:58:07 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Solaris looked up at Asari."I want to make sure these Makuta-stained things don't end up on more Rahi like the ones behind me," he answered. "And thanks for the herbs. My headache cleared right up." He continued to gather the rest of the masks, and smashed them to bits under his foot. "No more infected Rahi for you," he said to the dust.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 01:19:25 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Qathek The two beings had left of their own accord before Qathek had the chance to deal with them, and so surveyed the area. It was true that he had managed to shut himself off from the song, largely due to Makuta. Yet within the silence Qathek created his own songs, ones that beat like storms and with voices as ash, of which he was very fond of. There began among those in glory of the firstborn of the sun like a great fire... Sending out his sound pulses, largely in imitation of the beat inside his head, he felt a collection of beings who were looking at the sands of the Amaja Nui. Silently, he moved towards them.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 01:44:01 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Lantz seethed with anger at the sight of the Mana Crabs. Before that Turaga Nokama had removed his Toa Energy, Lantz would have been able to deal the Crabs with ease. Heck, if Lantz could destroy an entire harbor, which he very nearly did, he was probably nearly a match for an entire colony of the Crabs. Now he was here, confronted with two Mana and most likely death as well. Lantz could not have that, not when he was so close to Makuta and the restoration of his abilities.Lantz stood his ground. The two crabs approached, then stopped, gazing at the lone turaga of Gravity. Lantz could almost see one of their mouths grin just a touch.Luckily enough, Lantz still retained a small portion of elemental abilities. Not enough to kll the Crabs, but enough to stop them from being a problem.After a few seconds the Mana attacked. Lantz clapped his hands in front him, releasing a burst of his elemental energy. Gravity immeadiately lessened it's effects on the crabs. Each step they took pushed them further away from the ground until they were slowly floating past Lantz.Lantz fell to one knee and panted. He felt weak. So weak. He hated the feeling. Lantz jumped into the hole, delving even further into the earth. He didn't have much time. The effects of his attack on the Crabs wouldn't last long, and when the Mana finally returned to the ground they would be after Lantz with a vengeance. Lantz shuddered at the thought.Lantz jogged slowly through the deeper tunnel. This one was different from the one above. Here he could see distinct letters carved into the walls, in a language he could not understand. Had he the time he may have examined it, but he did not. So he kept on jogging.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 02:02:27 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: "I just see stirrings deep-wood. If it was in bald-land or high-branch maybe I'd see something, but trees cover sight."

IC, Aurax: "Maybe after we're done here we'll head over there and check it out. Maybe you should come down now if there's nothing up there to see."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 11:48:47 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: "yeah, lets go to the disturbance.... on second thought, maybe not, lets go to the sand pit,, but be on alert, because its near the disturbance in the woods"Nichou said, interested in hearing his comradeOOC: Helping th good turaga, anyone?

• Edited on 2011-10-28 11:49:52 by bulik
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 11:59:06 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Dece nodded, all the while listening for danger. His question about the Amaja-Nui had been answered, but he was too distracted to care. The Others who lurked out of sight continued to talk, barely audible from this position. The others seemed to have assumed that the others here weren't hostile, but this Fe-Matoran wasn't convinced. "They could just be probing us," thought Dece, "Trying to find out our purpose for being here. Knowledge is power after all, and anyone would do anything for power. We haven't exactly mentioned hat we are here to do, these watchers might be trying to find out our purpose here before slaughtering us.

• Edited on 2011-10-28 12:00:54 by Tanma
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 12:27:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Lepidran clambered down and threw the axe back to Nichou. "They've been ignoring us, Dece," he answered, "They look like they have their own business."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 12:38:35 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Dece was only thinking about being ambushed, he hadn't vocalized those thoughts.IC: Dece leapt back, as he had only been thinking about the others. How had the Le-Matoran known what he was thinking? Could he reads minds? What if he was the Makuta, waiting to kill all the group should they discover something he didn't want them to learn. It's all some sort of conspiracy to learn his visions!Or maybe the fact that he kept searching the forest with a worried look in his eyes told the group that he was still paranoid about the outsiders. Making a note to be more discreet he clicked, "Maybe, but it is better to be safe than slaughtered. So after Stannis returns and we look at the sand pit, we are to head to Le-Wahi?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 13:48:53 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: "yeah, lets go to stannis" Nichou said OOC:try to use italics for thoughtslike this......

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 14:23:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: it's fine, I should have made it more obvious. IC: Dece nodded, satisfied by the answer. Stannis had the air of someone who clearly knew what he was doing, his knowledge was great. That reminded Dece that while the group had made little headway in their quest for knowledge, aside from the fact that some warriors fought Rama here, there was a lot of untapped knowledge for him."So what were your lives like before you joined this group?" asked Dece to the other Matoran, "What is life typically like in your villages? What lead you here?" The Fe-Matoran knew that Ta-Koro was built like a fortress with guards centered all over the city, but not every Koro need be a military state.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 16:49:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Nobody else seemed to answer, so nichou was the first to reply."As you may know, i am a carpenter, but, i had little business in a place where most people mined. one of my customers asked me to accompany him on a bounty hunting mission, for a skakdi. we teamed up with a toa of ice, and attacked the lone foe. apparently, a toa of plasma must have been the skadki's bodyguard, for it joined in the battle. then, another assasin , a vortixx, which I later found out was zadron, attacked us. the toa who asked me to come on the mission betrayed me and left for ta-koro. i was intending to go to onu koro via ta koro's highway when i found you"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 17:15:31 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Dece nodded and clicked, "Vortixx...they are the reptilian people with females in charge, right? I saw one battle a chaotic Toa of Fire outside of Ta-Koro. The Toa was summoning violently pillars of flame in a rage when the Vortixx tackled him. I don't know anything else on the subject, only that the Vortixx seemed to be trying to stop the destruction.""In my case I am not sure what was my prior life," said Dece carefully, "As I said previously, my memories before three days ago are...missing. I recollected some knowledge about the world, the Matoran tongue, the prefixes, features of the Matoran tribes, Skakdi, and others; but as to who I was I don't know. Instead I named myself after my visions; De and Ce, Sonics and Psionics, whispers of the mind.""I first washed up on the shores of Ga-Wahi," he continued after a pause, "Where I managed to get some facts in order. That was when I had my first vision, of a swarm of Nui-Rama attacking me before the merged into a fireball. The fire both destroyed and did not destroy a hut, before a strange reptilian emerged from its center. The reptilian had a staff and a row of spikes down it's head, so it was not a Vortixx. I am still not sure what it was.""After that I made this spear," Dece finished, "found this crab, and arrived in Ta-Koro. After that Nichou and I visited Turaga Vakama about my visions. He sent us to join Stannis, after which you know what happened."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 17:43:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: How do you guys post at this time? Do you all live in a different country or just skip school/work? :blink: IC: "Okay...OH! I might want to cover up a big hole in the ground me and some others found earlier. It was all filled with Rahkshi and I wouldn't want anyone falling in there." Asari walked to the hole and was trying to figure out the fastest way to fill it up when he saw a group of Matoran. Maybe they can help! Thought Asari. "Hello! You four over there! If your not busy, could you help me fill up the Rahksi-infested hole?" OOC: Lantz, you're about to be trapped down there.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 18:06:19 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Lantz stopped walking and stood still. His ears peaked. He heard some noise in the distance. He wasn't quite sure where it was coming from, so he continued along hs path. It was dark in the tunnels, so he jogged lightly with his hands on the wall with writing on it. ooc: Just to make it clear, there was a hole which led into an underground tunnel. In the tunnel there is another hole, which leads to an even deeper tunnel.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 19:29:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: "I was a knowledge-seeker," Lepidran explained, "I spent many years learning the secrets of buzz-speak." He left out the part about buzz-speak being largely pointless. Made him sound more impressive

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 21:01:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Dece's mind quickly worked to translate the chutespeak of the Le-Matoran. Keeping in mind how Lepidran knew what the flies were feeling, Dece replied, "You can understand insects? That is impressive. Do you think you can teach the basics of that skill to another? It might be useful to know what the Rama are thinking."As the Fe-Matoran waited for Lepidran's response and the life story of the fourth Matoran, he began to wonder what the significance of the Rama was in his first vision. He hadn't thought about it recently, but now that he had Dece wondered if it might be connected with the three dead Rama.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 22:20:12 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: *shakes head* it took TWO Toa Kaita's just to deal with two Manas, and somehow a single turaga of gravity walked past them? that is not honest rping, strike one. IC Suddenly he was knocked prone, all the wind forced out of his lungs. The last thing he was was the carvings, the empty tunnel- The carvings... they faded into darkness.The tunnel swirled away into nothingness as well... everything he thought he saw in fact was not real as a deep, humorless chuckled echoed from... somewhere. When things stopped moving he finally saw what happened: he had never actually left the chamber with the two Mana crabs, and in fact one of them was on him right now, jaws inches from his mask, chomping at the bit to take a bite of him. He could feel the crushing weight, the hot breath, the drool dripping onto his face... It was as disgusting as it was terrifying. "A little turaga? You should not be wandering alone out here, old fool." The voice came from everywhere yet nowhere, but even if the speak was in the room with the Mana on top of him there was no way for him to see anything else. "Your vision of grandeur and your own supposed prowess and power made it easy to delude you old man... the only time these pets were defeated was when six toa combined their might to create two highly superior beings... Kaitas. Anything less cannot defeat them, let alone one so weak as yourself. You are as deluded as you are stupid, coming here... " There was a pause. "Still, a turaga does not simply wander down here alone without good reason... a very good reason. Unless of course he were insane." A deep cackle. "So before I have you killed and made a snack for my servants, satisfy my curiosity, old one: do you have a compelling reason to be here, and if so, what is it... or are you simply insane?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-28 23:47:07 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: "I could try," mused Lepidran, "But it took me decades of research to understand buzz-speak as well as I do. Its not easy."

• Tags: