BZPRPG: Po-Wahi

Po
A banner for the topic
  • Posted 2013-02-23 16:19:40 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: [Ril] Ril sighed. "Don't worry sir, it's fine. I can try a different approach to find the murderers instead."

IC: Hewkii

"If you can figure something out, then... yeah, that'd be awesome," Hewkii said. He wasn't sure if either of them had enough information to find the murderers, but that didn't mean that Hewkii wasn't determined to try.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-23 22:15:39 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: [Ril]

The Toa of Fire nodded. "Well then - I'm off to see if I can go bring these guys to justice."

He turned and began to head out the door.

"Seeya later."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-24 03:44:34 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Kale Ironshaper- Po-wahi coast- Fowadi

IC: "We need more hands up on deck." Kale said, hooking a thumb back the way he had come. "And you need to learn how to work a ship."

His features were creased by a small frown as he thought of something and asked, "Did you happen to hear anyone walking around down here by any chance?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-24 05:45:29 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: {Strackkorotus} [Po-Koro]

Strackkorotus arrived in Po-Koro, grinning. the original village had been small, but over time it had been expanded so now it was more than twice it's original size. He looked around, taking everything in. his mission was to keep an eye on things here, but who said he couldn't enjoy it? triggering his Kanohi Mahiki, he disguised his appearances. he would prefer to keep people from knowing his identity. vendors called out from the streets, selling trinkets, Kodan balls, food, Kanohi vendors, and things like that. he stopped by the Kanohi vendor to ask a few casual questions, and to maybe check out the Kanohi on sale. "good day, Matoran!" Strackkorotus said in greetings. "hi" was the reply (hey, that rhymes doesn't it?).

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-24 15:45:40 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Rynekk - The Fowadi

Moment of truth; do I tell Kale the truth and trust that together we can figure out a way to accomplish this horrible task I've been given? Or do I lie, and protect my last line of communication between me and said sociopathic quest? Which would be better, to trust my friends, or my enemies?

"No," I lied, in a voice colder than Makuta's shadows.

Mata Nui, forgive me...

"By the way, Kale," I continued, as the knot of anticipation in my gut tightened, "Where are we headed, exactly?"

-Void

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-24 21:45:14 UTC
    View post on BZP

IC: "First stop is going to be Ga-koro, see if any of the merchants have caught a glimpse of either of the ships. Then we'll work our way down the coast, checking possible hiding places."

I was sure I saw somebody. There's not enough light down here for it to have been an oddly placed sunbeam.

"Head back up above-decks. I need to check on something."

With that, Kale moved down the hall to where he had seen the shape vanish, extending his senses while he did so. If the was anyone else onboard, he would be able to pick up on their mechanical parts.

"There" A clump of moving metal on the lower decks that didn't fit with any of the tools or spare parts in that area. It took longer to get to the spot then he would have liked, doors did not take too well to being opened and closed at Kakama speeds, but he still got there fairly quickly.

As Stendhal turned to make his way off the ship, a silver Toa walked down the ladder that led to that section of the hold and said,

"How the Karz did you get on this ship?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-24 22:57:14 UTC
    View post on BZP

I nodded solemnly, before following Kale's instructions and heading back above decks, while he headed down to, most likely, discover Stendhal and realize that I had just lied to his face. I literally had minutes before all of my hopes of escaping the ship unnoticed were dashed to the proverbial rocks, presuming our friendly neighbourhood sociopath decided to be as unhelpful and uncooperative as usual.

I could picture the confrontation between the two, with Kale staring his opponent down, and demanding, "What are you doing aboard my ship?" and Stendhal grinning and replying, "Why don't you just ask your friend, Rynekk?" The images of my companions' looks of shock and betrayal when I would have to reveal my secrets to them were superimposed on my mind's eye. The knot of dread which had formed in my stomach the moment Stendhal reared his ugly head only tightened with those thoughts.

My right hand drifted into my pocket, brushing past the rough paper map, though to me it felt like a great burning ember. I ground my teeth and set my face into the very image of a noble warrior; partly to keep people from worrying about me, and partly to keep myself from collapsing from the sheer terror of discovery. To the crew of the Fowadi, I was just Rynekk, the rookie Guard with a dark and troubled past, and not Rynekk, the well-intentioned turn-coat.

For now, if all turned out well, that was all they needed to know.

-Void

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-25 04:02:02 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: {Strackkorotus} [Po-Koro]

"so, Matoran..I didn't catch your name, what is it now?" "Pendur" was the somewhat unfriendly answer. "So tell me, Pendur, what's been happening lately?" Strackkorotus said as he lifted up a Kanohi Komau. "well, rumor has it that a Ko-Matoran trapper has been lurking in the shadows. who he is, and why he doesn't sell anything is anyone's guess". thinking about this, he inspected a Kanohi Rau.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-25 19:41:48 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: What mask does Kale wear? His profile mentions pinpoint accuracy so I assume it's a Sanok?

IC: Stendhal

Stendhal smirked slightly, his eyes darting from his discoverer to the chest he had stowed away and back again. He didn't need to speak to tell Kale how he had allowed himself to be taken aboard by its own crew, how they needed a thorough improvement in their security, how there was an inside man - Rynekk. All of that told in one simple eye movement. Using and reading body language, Stendhal thought, was a lost art.

His fingers caressed the butt of one of his swords, as he eyed the handle of Kale's. Looking up, he caught the eye of the Toa of iron and stood perfectly still, still with the edge of his lips perked up slightly. Patience is a virtue.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-25 21:50:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Maioro

For an instant, Maioro's smile widened at what could be called 'success' in this case. Was this the beginning of a beautiful new relationship? Doubtful. To laugh at the thought was tempting but silence prevailed, as per usual. Was this the beginning of a new chapter in his life? Hopefully so.

The Onu-Toa began to follow from behind, eventually catching up so he and Araedrex stood side by side. He didn't bother to inquire about their destination and plans for the future, near and far. Instead, he opted probably the last question of his for the day.

"So what do I call you?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-26 01:19:48 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Kale has a Kakama, hence the line about doors not responding well to being opened and closed at Kakama speeds. His accuracy is a normal skill, so not at the level of a Sanok

Kale Ironshaper- Po-wahi coast- Fowadi

IC: Standhal's message fell a little flat due to the fact that ninety-nine times out of a hundred, eyes darting like that either meant that the person was hoping that their opponent would not notice whatever they were looking at, or that they were really nervous. Reading body language may or may not have been a lost art, but at the very least some of the words had changed sonce the other Toa had learned it. Of course, Kale would probably figure out most of those things later simply due to the limited number of options for how somebody could sneak aboard a Guard warship.

He slowly placed his hand on his sword's hilt, not drawing it yet, but certainly ready to at a moments notice.

"On the authority of the Po-koro Guard, I am placing you under arrest for stowing away on a Guard warship"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-26 01:51:48 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • -IC: Araedrex Tenebras-

"Araedrex Tenebras is my title," when the Ta-Toa spoke, the deathly silence of nocturnal Po-Koro was shattered, and echoes reverbated for what seemed and eternity, even more unearthly than the original sentence. "And yet some name me The Firestorm King."

As he strode through the moonlight City of Stone, once again silent, Araedrex's countenance, perpetually impassive, was illuminated by a flicker street light, basking his face in golden light for an instant as he sauntered by, and, for a moment, Araedrex Tenebras looked, not merely sounded, the part of a King of Fire, his ruby visage glowing with seemingly incandescence.

And then the moment was past, and a crimson, eldritch wraith took the place of a vermillion, ethereal lord of flames, drifting through the streets in silence, unearthly blazing eyes observing all in reticent taciturnity.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-26 01:54:37 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: (Hari)

"Hello Rynekk!" A familiar voice called to the Guardsmen. Of course it was Hari, the ever energetic and ever hopeful Toa of Plant Life. While he seemed well, he had disappeared earlier. Hari already chalked that up to a need for rest and recuperate, especially after the death of the Turaga. "How are you holding up?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-26 19:49:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Stendhal

Stendhal raised an eyebrow. "Do you intend to kill me, Toa?" he asked. "Interrogate me, starve me, imprison me, in fact?" he began to pace back and forth slowly, his robe dragged along behind him as he took short, sure steps up and down the hold. "I assure you, I can make this as difficult or as easy as you like. Stand aside, so we can both get on with our lives. Have I wronged you or your crew in any way? No. Have I stolen anything, harmed anyone, interfered in any endeavours You can search me and your shipmates all you like, I assure you I have not. So, noble one, tell me why my being aboard this ship is a crime. Prove to me that your rules have some reason behind them. If you can do this, I shall come quietly and this whole affair will be over in no time, as I would owe it to you. If not, then I'm afraid I have better things to do, and will leave this ship by any means necessary."

His words were piercing, spoken confidently, correctly and cruelly, like he had been trained to behave and talk in a certain manner. He ceased his pacing and stopped in the middle, where he had began. "What will it be?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-26 22:40:41 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Kale Ironshper- Po-wahi Coast- Fowadi

IC:The Toa of Iron gave a mental sigh, he hated people like this. They flitted around the shadows of the mind and slithered around the laws that protected what little order there was left on the island.

"Kill you? Of course not, I just said I was going to arrest you. As for doing anyone harm? Well, I can hardly trust your word on that now can I? For all I know you planted a bomb down here somewhere and its going to go off shortly after you planned to leave the ship. Or you came here to blackmail somebody and they can't tell us about it cause then somebody close to them would die."

He moved a step closer as his voice rose in volume, not quite becoming a shout.

"My rules are in place so things like that don't happen. Exceptions are earned or there is no point in having them and I'm not trowing standard Guard procedure out the window just because a shifty Toa sneaking around in the bowls of the ship asked me to."

Kale was angry, but not nearly as much as he acted. Noise and time could only help him as others came to find out what the commotion was.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-27 00:02:22 UTC
    View post on BZP

Terrible. I've been holding up terribly how can you even you ask a question like that-

"Not badly," I replied, careful to keep my voice dulled, so as not to arouse any suspicion, "Although, I..."

...need to tell you that I'm a murderer and a former worshipper of Makuta and a double-agent for a complete sociopath-

"...I think Mr. Ironshaper might need some help," I finished in a cool monotone, in sharp contrast to the screams reverberating inside my skull (how could you leave Kale alone with someone like Stendhal are you that moronic), "I'm going to go check on him, if that's alright, ma'am."

-Void

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-27 00:54:43 UTC
    View post on BZP

Araedrex Tenebras, The Firestorm King. A rather grand title however Maioro took it for what it was; the crimson spectre lived up to his name. If he was regal in power and stature, what did that make his new-found follower? A boring, silent young man with an ever-lasting smile on his face. Or so it would seem. Compared to the Ta-Toa, there was very little to look at.

Maioro wished to maintain that image.

"My name is Maioro." he returned evenly.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-27 20:22:07 UTC
    View post on BZP

There was a long, still silence, that reverberated in the air, penetrated only by the breath of the two Toa facing each other. Then, at last, Stendhal smiled.

"Would you like something to eat?"

It was unnerving to here him say something so... Normal. He sat down on a nearby box, reached into his pocket and pulled out a small stick of bread. Breaking it in half, he took a bite out of one and held the other out in offering to Kale. Swallowing hard, his throat dry from lack of use, Stendhal spoke again. "If we're going to wait for a bomb to go off or someone to be harmed, we can wait around as long as you like. Besides, the only way out of this room is the one you're standing in front of. It could be the perfect prison."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-27 21:29:56 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Help with what?" Hari asked, Rynekk was right to call attention to Kale's absence, especially since he didn't return above deck with Rynekk. It had been a while, so someone should go check, might as well be her. "No matter, I'll go check on him." The Toa of Plant Life replied cheerily before bounding off. The door leading below decks closing with an unintentional slam. A few minutes were spent below decks looking for the ship's First Mate, Kale Ironshaper. The wood on the ship creaked beneath her footsteps. The sea green Toa, looked around and could swear she saw feet, moving down the ladder she dropped down to see what was going on.

Two Toa, one of the Toa was First Mate Ironshaper and the other, the other was a Toa in a robe, standing and talking. She pulled her standard issue knife from its sheath, the blade hadn't seen use yet. Hari seriously hoped it would not come to that. Her other hand pulled the loaded crossbow from it's holster. The blade was pointed down, that arm holding her other one steady as she crept up.

"Sir, Rynekk told me you might be down here. Do you need any help?" She said, getting closer. "And who are you?" Nodding her head towards Stendhal. Last time a Toa came onto ship unannounced he attacked Naona. So the young guard was a little nervous. She fidgeted a bit, correcting her footing.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-27 21:37:57 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Maioro." Araedrex repeated the word once, before falling into a musing silence.

"What do you make of this City of Stone?"

The question was bizarre from such a being; Araedrex seemed incapable of making conversation, yet he was engaging in small talk. He even slowed his pace, smoothing from a powerful stride to an aloof saunter. His countenance was as impassive and halcyon as ever, a ruby mask of dispassion, but his words seemed tacit, as if the question was something he honestly wanted answered.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-27 23:15:46 UTC
    View post on BZP

Maioro raised an eyebrow at the question, his curiosity rekindled to its former state. His new companion didn't seem to be the kind for idle chit chat, so some minor suspicion had been raised. Was this a test of character? Or just an honest question born of interest?

"I find it quite lovely." he began, not quite sure what Araedrex expected. "A haven in the middle of a wasteland, alive with excitement from corner to corner. Merchants populate the Bazaar day and night, carvers craft some of the finest art in the island and sports could be considered this village's trademark."

Though no matter how splendid Po-Koro sounded in his description, his voice bore the weight of dark amusement with a bitter edge to it.

Ironically enough, it was once the household of his own imprisonment.

• Edited on 2013-02-27 23:16:13 by TX Wade
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-28 11:02:29 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: [The Fourth]

"Brukin, can you take care of my post for a bit?" asked the Fourth. "There seems to be something going on below deck. I'm going to see what it is."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-28 19:20:48 UTC
    View post on BZP

Araedrex remained expressionless as Maioro spoke, the blank detachment in his eyes eeriely reminiscent of death.

"You seem to have nothing but praise. Tell me, what else do you make of Po-Koro? Certainly their are some criticisms to match your words of approval?"

As he spoke, Araedrex's impassivity seemed to leak into his voice, and the words droned on like that of a machine. The reason for this would be lost to many, but Maioro would most likely notice the aura of concentration surrounding Araedrex, as he pondered unrevealed matters.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-28 19:26:15 UTC
    View post on BZP

IC: Kale had been about to reply to the yellow-blue Toa when Hari walked down the ladder behind him.

"Help would be appreciated, Hari. This guy snuck onto the ship, probably when we landed in Le-wahi to help with the aftermath of the attack."

Moving slightly in front of the plant Toa, he ignored the offer of food and looked closely at the stowaway. "You don't look like the suicide bomber type of guy. I'd wager you don't mind using bombs to get your job done. But you want to be around to see the results. That makes the blackmail or mind-control of somebody here or at our destination more likely. Putting aside where we are going to keep you, why are you here?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-28 21:38:56 UTC
    View post on BZP

Stendhal's expression was blank as he spoke. "Good question," he kicked his feet up, and took another bite of the bread. "Sure you don't want any?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-02-28 22:17:54 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Maioro - Po-Koro

"Certainly." Maioro answered, perceiving his questioner's level of concentration yet still unable to decipher what motive Araedrex had in mind. The intent behind his words was mystifying, its secrecy causing a stir in the Po-Toa's thought process. The smile faded from his lips, shut tight in silence as his mind attempted to grasp the meaning of this exchange until he gave up.

"Thieves prowl the market in the night, businessmen break the rules to advance the welfare of their company, surely at another's expense. Odds are you'll get scammed into a poor deal, the poor are left to fend against the wrath of the sun in all its glory until they shrivel up into dried corpses."

Several other ideas came to but naming them felt unnecessary. This would have to suffice for now. Now it was Tenebras' turn to share his thoughts, only Maioro waited as per usual in expectant silence instead of inquiring with solid questions.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-03-01 10:36:33 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Yasurek- Infernavika:

Truly, the thoughts of an individual are a fascinating place. Lasinia's earlier talk with herself had shown that much. As for Yasurek's thoughts... Well, they were well-intentioned.

Lasinia thinks I'm cute? thought the ex-guard member. Well, that's new.

Not all that new, he thought in response. She thinks every one's cute.

Yeah, but the way she phrased it seemed like we were especially cute.

Regardless, that was 5 years ago. You need to get on task.

Is it worth it?

Are you seriously doing this again?

What do you mean? I'm just asking.

You ALWAYS do this! Every time anything happens, it's always "Is it worth it?" or, "Do I matter?" Every time it's the same old boring repetitive story. You need to stop this man! It needs to end. Make some friends or something, talk to them. Leave me out of this.

But you're me.

Yes, but you're being lame, so go be me to someone else. I'm going to sleep.

Fine, he grumbled to himself. Opening his eyes, it seemed that things had happened a bit. There were crew members going around to their posts and getting the ship moving. He wasn't quite sure where they were going or what they were going to do, but he knew that they were working with the po-koro guard now and that was something. Would it be like in the ko-koro guard? Where he did his job with no real thought, merely completing his task to the best of his ability? Would he just end up being pushed aside so other more capable people could do cool things? Would he have a place in anything? Maybe he should take his own advice and talk to someone...

Walking up to Lohkar, he paused a bit, mulling over his words and trying to figure out what he was actually trying to say. Lohkar would understand. They were close friends who had shown that they were loyal to each other to the end, or at least that Yasurek was. He also knew more about what was going on than most members of the crew.

"Captain Lohkar Sir," he began, working very hard to form the words he was looking for. "We're working with the po-koro guard now, and that's great in all, but do we have any plan? Any goal? Any leads? What exactly are we doing now, and what are we supposed to be doing?" He facepalmed, not very happy with how he had phrased things. "Sorry, I'm just, concerned. I'm not sure what I'm doing in the crew is all. I mean, I like being here, and the closest thing to a family is here, but 'm not sure what role I'm playing in the crew. What does a midshipman do? Do people even want me here? Is there a point to anything? Captain Lohkar Sir, I'm sorry for dropping heavy philosophical questions on you, but in the story of this ship, who am I?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-03-01 20:59:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
    Araedrex nodded once, though the very movement had an air of distraction and absent-mindedness.
    "I see you balance the praise with critisim. How sensible of you."For the first time in Maioro's experience, Araedrex voice sounded slightly emotional. The Ta-Toa paused, His posture statuesque, before continuing."One last question, Maioro," as he spoke, the Firestorm King turned, his eyes ablaze with the fury of rising rage, nevertheless his features remained perpetually impassive and apathetic. "Do you imagine that whatever you just described really matters? This haven in the desert, do you think that anything that goes on inside it has any importance? I do not. I do not care if the impoverished die in the sun. I do not care if carvers create the finest art. And I most certainly do not care if some find it quite lovely."
    His words, impassioned and fiery, were in such contrast to his droning voice, his lazy manner. It was unnerving, disconcerting, and tremendously infuriating, to say the least, to watch a man speak such a distinct opinion, and yet do nothing.
    "I asked you these questions to see if you still had emotion. I dare say you do, though it may be well hidden. You see, Maioro, I do not want someone who looks at this city, and sees something as lovely or unpleasant. I want someone who will simply destroy it. Someone who will rip it down. I do not care if it is art. I do not care if they are a child. I do not care if you find it disturbing. I do not care if I find it disturbing. I am simply going to destroy, I am going to be the entropy of this civilization, the disorder that begins the collapse, and watches as it all crashes to the ground."
    His eloquence gone, Araedrex Tenebras words were that of the most ardent of beings, yet his physical impassiveness still remained, and he still sounded as if he was speaking to idiotic children.
    "If this disturbs you, Maioro, go and alert the Guard. I can not promise I won't kill you when you run, but you can try."His monologue finished, Araedrex stared at Maioro for a moment longer, and then once again began to walk, sauntering down the shadowy, moonlit streets of Po-Koro, his eyes focused on the first fingers of dawn, the cool orange stretching into the distant sky, beyond the endless desert.
    OOC: This was partly inspired by this Vladimir Lenin quote:
    "I know of nothing better than the Apassionata and could listen to it every day. What astonishing, superhuman music! It always makes me proud, perhaps with a childish naiveté, to think that people can work such miracles! ... But I can’t listen to music very often, it affects my nerves. I want to say sweet, silly things, and pat the little heads of people who, living in a filthy h*ll, can create such beauty. These days, one can’t pat anyone on the head nowadays, they might bite your hand off. Hence, you have to beat people's little heads, beat mercilessly, although ideally we are against doing any violence to people. Hm — what a devillishly difficult job!"

• Edited on 2013-03-01 21:00:21 by Giant of Lannister
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-03-02 04:54:33 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: [Naona]

Naona dropped into a crouch next to her fellow Lieutenant, staring over at the Infernavika with an unidentifiable expression. Despite everything, she was still rather uncomfortable with an alliance with the pirates. The captain may have claimed that it was under Raknar's captaincy that the pirates attacked Po-koro, but she knew that some of the current crew members have been present during the battle in Ta. She was leery, working with people who had killed her friends and colleagues.

"What do you think of this?" she asked, not turning to face Krayn.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-03-02 04:59:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:"I think we don't have any other options." Krayn replied from his position near the ship's guard rail. He'd been quiet ever since they got underway, simply staring off into space. "Most of the crew present on the ship were not present at the battle in Ta, and the few that were weren't heavily involved in the fighting.""Further, the look in Lohkar's eye indicates that this one's personal. If we deal with treachery, I don't think it will be from him."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-03-02 05:06:33 UTC
    View post on BZP

Naona nodded. "I suppose. They seem dead-set on their goal. We'll just see how it goes then."

She pulled herself to her feet.

"Although Dehkaz seems to be acting strangely now."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-03-02 05:27:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:"Everyone's acting a bit strange." One of the benefits of being a De-Toa was that, without any effort, Krayn could hear almost everything around him. Unfortunately, this also meant he had a remarkable insight into each and every crew member's behavior. "A combination of grief and stress."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-03-02 05:36:24 UTC
    View post on BZP

"So much has happened," she muttered. "None of it good."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-03-02 06:15:12 UTC
    View post on BZP

"I think we'll pass for now. Quit with your stalling and answer his question. Why are you here?" Hari growled, though coming from her it probably wasn't as nearly as menacing as she hoped it would be. Maybe a few of the others would come along, at least she hoped they would. Right now they need to know this Toa's purpose aboard their ship, then they could detain him for the time being.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-03-03 00:00:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Maioro - Po-Koro

Maioro remained mute as ever, soaking in Araedrex's words like a sponge. Eyes flat of emotion regarded the being in a lofty manner, momentarily staring into those of the crimson wraith who led the pair. At that instant, he wondered what could have possibly led this Toa to such an extreme point of loathing. Doubtful this hatred was contained only to Po-Koro.

Maioro was quite convinced insanity or some delusional beliefs plagued the Firestorm King but then again, personal opinions hardly mattered if this partnership was to work. Not that he feared or was disturbed by such a persona; it was the very reason why he followed the man.

And so be it if the village of stone was on their hit-list. Wonderful as it may be, it imprisoned him and the silent observer craved vengeance, a desire so strong it overpowered whatever little bit of morality stained his soul. When the time would come, he'd have his retribution but after that? What would be left for him after that?

Araedrex Tenebras.

So Maioro continued to follow like a shadow, walking in the footsteps of...a philosopher.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-03-03 02:28:25 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • -IC: Araedrex Tenebras, The Firestorm King-

For a moment, they walked like before, slowly settling into a peaceful mood, staring at the beauty of moonlit Po-Koro, the tranquil loveliness of a city detoriating, a world ravaged by both time and greed.And then Araedrex paused. The entire street seemed to hush, the lifeless, crumbling stones where bustling houses and raucous "establishments" once stood becoming as inert as the Ta-Toa, all calm and still, save for the ever-present wind, zephyrs that sighed as they rushed past, sending Araedrex's coattails fluttering. As he stood there, knee-high clouds of sand frailly swirling round him, shimmering in the night air, the Firestorm King spoke, his voice the softest whisper, carried on the winds of midnight.

"You follow, Maioro. But do you believe?" a moment's pause, the soft breath of Araedrex Tenebras as he thought. "I need a sign of your loyalty, of your devotion..."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-03-03 15:57:12 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Here goes nothing, my first Bzprpg post...

IC: Ninjyu strolled the Motara Desert quietly in the moonlight. He was lost in thoughts- when will Makuta's reign end? When may I simply relax? Thoughts like this often raced through his head on his walks, but answers never seemed to surface. Ninjyu sat down on a nearby stone and looked at the desert. He wasn't one for carving or socializing, unlike many people in Po-Koro- no, he simply wished to survive. The ambiance and the blank plains of the Motara Desert gave him the time to think and practice that he needed.

Noticing a shadow nearby, Ninjyu readied his wooden disks. "Whoever goes there should stand down before they get a nice disk to the head.", the Po-Matoran said, looking sternly at the shadow. Bit by bit, the creature stepped out- simply a Ussal Crab, seemingly lost. Ninjyu prepared to say something, but decided it was futile to try and speak with a Ussal Crab. He simply began the long walk back to Po-Koro, having had enough disappointment for one night.

OOC: Did I do well? :D

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-03-03 16:59:14 UTC
    View post on BZP

"He won't tell you, ma'am."

There I was, all darkness and insanity and grief, standing in the doorway behind Hari and Kale like the angel of death, eyes fixed on the enigmatic Toa of mysteries in front of us. To a trained observer, my stance and posture gave away the tension in my soul, but my voice was kept at a cool, even baritone radiating quiet confidence.

"He won't tell you," I repeated, my gaze never wavering from Stendhal, "He won't tell any of you, because if he did, it'd ruin the secrecy of what he knows. This one... he's a total drama-queen, but with the mind of a sociopath. It's pointless to try and break him. To his mind, doing so would just make better entertainment."

OOC: That was actually a pretty good beginning post, ninjamonkey. ^_^

-Void

• Edited on 2013-03-03 17:00:54 by Emissary to the Void
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-03-03 17:17:58 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Thanks, Void!

IC:

Ninjyu arrived in Po-Koro after a long walk. He hadn't thought as much as he usually did on these walks to and from the deserts, but he still wished there were answers for these questions. When he entered the village, he didn't pay much attention to the nearby people and went straight to his hut. This was the usual routine for a day, and while it was empty, Ninjyu was comfortable in it- on a good day he might glare at some fellow Matoran or get a little something from the bazaar, but that was it.

Ninjyu walked into his hut in silence, looking around. The walls were lined with disks he had carved- some of them from long ago, some fresh enough to still have the scent of a Le-Wahi tree. He sat down at his makeshift table and put his bag on top. He hadn't collected much today- usually his trips to the other regions of the island were lengthy, potentially days long, but today all he had collected was rocks and his thoughts. He put the rocks on the table and began carving in small inscriptions. Despite hating the job and often leaving it unfinished, he did have to sell carvings so he could afford things like finer weaponry or perhaps a new customization.

Although it was shoddy, this rock would probably sell for quite a bit. Over what felt like a century, he made a rather large boulder into a sign that could be hung somewhere- a hut, or potentially at a temple. The sign had the 3 words Matoran were supposed to follow- unity, duty, and destiny- carved into it. Destiny and duty sure were in place, but it seemed unity was lacking. Either way, Ninjyu walked with his sign to the bazaar and prepared for a sale.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-03-03 19:45:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Gunner - The Infernavika

"Look sharp mates! We've got some favourable winds behind us, and I want to be riding 'em before they change up!"

A sharp grin was on my face as I directed the crew, a constant stream of orders erupting from my mouth. This, commanding others, this was what I was born to do. Call me arrogant - don't worry, you'd be telling the truth - but I loved this feeling of authority that my job came with. Ordering folks around, commanding enterprises; this was where I belong, you know? I was a commander, I knew what needed to be done, and how to get people to do it for me. I was no leader; I sure as Karz couldn't give grand speeches, or inspire folks into action - I'm not really one with words, as you can probably tell - but I sure knew how to demand authority from those around me.

Well, when I wasn't provoking them into a Gunner-hunting mob, that is. But, hey, I'm still young-ish; I've got to time to work on that.

-Void

• Tags: