BZPRPG: Onu-Wahi

Onu
A banner for the topic
  • Posted 2011-10-18 05:05:33 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ic: Sirraus Sirraus took a sheet of paper and a gukko-quill pen out of his satchel and quickly scribbled out a short note. Gone to Ta-Koro to cross-reference records. Back in four days. "Come on," he motioned. "We'd better head out. Ko-Koro has a cable transport to Ta-Koro, right?" It was a rhetorical question. Everyone knew the easiest way to traverse the gap between the two mountain peaks was the cable. As the two Matoran headed down the Onu-Koro highway, one for the second time that day, Sirraus began to discuss the implications of the symbol. "For the moment we have to assume that the Makuta was in league with the Toa. If this is true-" his head was still reeling, trying to grasp the weight of this assumption. "If the Mata were allies of the Makuta, then they came here and set themselves up as heroes, perfect role models to whom no being could hope to match, then presumably died in battle with the Shadow Being," -he stopped to catch his breath- "thus establishing himself as an immortal demon. After all, if the greatest Toa in history couldn't hope to defeat him, how much less the vagabond element-throwers of today?" They passed the quarter-way mark, a side tunnel leading to the Po-Wahi desert. He could hear the scuttling of taxi ussals rushing by in the darkness between lightstones. Ooc: Sirraus to Ko-Koro

• Edited on 2011-10-18 06:00:31 by Kakaru
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 05:15:29 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Erken, Onu-Koro): Erken watched in dismay as Mirr fell to his knees. "I'm sorry", he said. "Do you need help? Do you know who did this?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 05:36:29 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Mero Kiap - Onu-KoroMero looked around, "If I've lived here for the majority of my existence, why can't I find anything here?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 05:40:42 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kirgon The Matoran scratched his chin, unsure. "Maybe you just, I don't know, forgot or something."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 05:44:24 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Mero Kiap - Onu-Koro StreetsMero raised an eyebrow and gave the Matoran a look, "Good one. Does this mouth have a name?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 14:18:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kirgon "Name's Kirgon, you?" The Matoran smirked, loading a disk into his launcher.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 17:44:41 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Mirr): "N..No...I just found his body...but there are footprints. Several pairs. I'm going to follow them."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 18:03:47 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Erken, Onu-Koro): Erken had always had a fondness towards Matoran. Sometimes he wished to become one himself. He hated the fact he was a Skakdi and would give anything to turn into a Matoran. Seeing Mirr like this depressed Erken. No Matoran should have to encounter things like this. "I could come with you. Protect you against... anything... that might await you." he said.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 18:26:49 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Mirr): "Thank you. If anyone does attack me...I'll be ready." He made sure his sword was still there. "Let's go." He began to follow the footprints.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 20:40:19 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: The investigators are still just standing near where they think the Murderer is? Is (s)he still there? IC: Kethrye:Kethrye shifted his hold on the axe.How long are we going to wait here? Kethrye thought, Is the murdereven still back there? Kethrye activated his Mask of Vision, zooming in on the murderer's suspected location...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 22:39:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Mero Kiap - Onu-Koro Streets"Mero." He said flatly, checking his underarm blades, "Where is that blasted shop? Ah, there." Mero Kiap walked over to the small stand, "Hey."The shopkeep turned around as a large smile spread across his face, "Mero! I haven't seen you in over a year! What can I do for you?"Mero pointed at the satchel, he needed one since his challenge with a Mauka left his old one destroyed, "I'll take that one. How much?"The Matoran looked as though he was mulling it over, "You'll get a discount. Three widgets."Mero tossed them on the counter and took the bag. The Matoran swept the widgets into his hand and spoke to Kirgon, "Need any discs? They're on sale."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 22:43:51 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kirgon "Yeah, I'll take about... a dozen." Kirgon remarked. Later, he would sharpen the edges. The disks were more dangerous when the cut right though people.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 22:55:32 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Mero Kiap - Onu-Koro Streets Mero Kiap watched as the Matoran placed twelve disks on the counter. He held out his hand, "35 widgets." Mero Kiap's eyes widened a little at the price, happy he got a discount at the stand.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 23:01:19 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kirgon "Uh, when did I ever say I was going to pay for them?" Kirgon asked the clerk, before a few seconds later tossing the money on the counter and grabbing the disks.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 23:32:32 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kethrye:

Kethrye activated his Mask of Vision, zoomingin on the murderer's suspected location...

... And the allay was empty. " He's not back there." Kethrye said, sprinting back towards themain streets of the village. And he's still out there somewhere, andit's altogether possible that he will strike again. Kethrye continuedto himself. OOC: Open for interaction, especially if you are part of themurder mystery stuff going on.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 23:39:48 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Chronn "Strange... not a trace anywhere." I muttered to myself, but I wan't going to give up that easily. "Spread out, search the area!" I called to my employees. We were going to catch this killer, one way or another.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 23:41:00 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:IcarinIcarin launched himself into the air, looking for a Toa that matched the limited description that he had been given.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 23:44:48 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Mirr): "Hey! You!" Mirr followed the footprints, running into Chronn. "Yeah, I just found a dead body, and the footprints led straight to you...and in several other directions. Care to explain?" Mirr glared at the Detective.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 23:48:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Chronn I looked down at the person in front of me. They dare accuse me? This wasn't going to end well for them. "No, I don't think I have to explain." I stated, heading away to search around. "I mean, why should I?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 23:53:13 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: I feel like putting some actual effort into writing this post for some reason... here goes.IC: Shotaro - Onu-Koro Streets He strolled the streets witha purpose. He was a man on a mission. For one reason and one reason only did he search for a job; because a woman had nagged him to. He could still hear her voice in his ears. I mean that quite literally. That was on of the downsides of telepathy; you could never turn it off. It was like a floodgate that he couldn't close, and the torrents of emotion and words flowed into the river of his mind churning and sloshing against the banks. Hurry up and just find something! We've been going hungry for the last week, just do something! Shotaro never had to worry about food or money when he was still a theif. Ah, those were the days. No responsibilities, no worries, just money, money, and more money. Then he met Alia; her honesty had changed him. Yet another downside to their link; their personalities were slowly rubbing off on each other. He worried that one day they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between each other. He hoped that day wouldn't come for years. He was somewhat happy that he had gotten a chance to make a new life without crime, however. As he tried to ignore her, he had stumbled upon a lucky find; a detective agency! That sounded like his kind of work. Fighting crime, bringing justice to the world? That sounded perfect for an ex-thief who sought redemption. Not only that but he had the perfect partner to help him. Alia, get those books at the ready, sweetheart, looks like we're going to be a two-in-one detective. And with that, he walked into the Dark C Detective Agency. OOC: Uhhh... how the (whoops, swear word was out of habit) did I write that???

• Edited on 2011-10-18 23:53:55 by Toa Yakuzan
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 23:59:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Mirr): "Well, first off, Sura was my friend, and the only way I could have found out about my past, and now he's dead. And, not only that, but here are these footprints, leading right to YOU! So, um...could you please explain?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 00:00:05 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kethrye:Kethrye gazed up and down one of the main streetsof Onu-Koro, he saw no one besides Matoran from variousvillages. No sign of a Toa. Kethrye headed back to the InvestigationsBuilding. Kethrye narrowed his eyes as a Toa of Earth entered the hut. " Who are you and what are you doing in here?" Kethrye said loudly as heentered the Dark C Investigations building. OOC: That's Shotaro, Toa Yakuzan.

• Edited on 2011-10-19 00:21:39 by Toa Kethrye
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 00:04:00 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Chronn "I, am a detective." I figured that's all the person really needed to know, for all I knew, they were actually the killer.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 00:08:20 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Mirr): "Oh...you're investigating this. Well, Hi. Mirr. Matoran." He extended his hand. "How goes the investigation?" IC(Murderer): The murderer looked at Onu-koro. "cool dudes. Looking in all the wrong places..." He lit some object, allowing light into the room.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 00:11:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Chronn "The names Chronn, Thedar Chronn." I stated, shaking the extended hand. "So far, not as well as I had hoped. It's almost like the killer knew I would use my mask to investigate. He never let his victim get a good look at his face, or any part of him."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 00:19:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Mirr): Someone who knew that you had a mask that would help you to investigate? Well...do you know anyone who would potentially know that?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 00:23:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Chronn "Not really, this is only my third murder." I explained to the nosy person. "I haven't made any enemies that I know of yet."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 00:49:04 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: from Ta-Wahi IC I closed the door to Turaga Whenua's hut, bowing respectfully as I went. He was the last of my errands, having dropped off some requests from Turaga Vakama. What exactly he ask for, or what exactly any Turaga asks or talks to another is beyond me, but even with my bravado I haven't been brave enough to ask; to me it was one of life's great unanswered questions. Life was always better with a little mystery, you know? A little excitement, the spice of life... kpet things from getting boring. And I know me! I stretched as I smiled to myself, chuckling lightly as I did. Boredom was possibly my greatest enemy. I hated to be bored. I reached into the bag, making sure I didn't miss anything. All the important tablets were delivered... buuuuut I wasn't done here. I had two more errands to run, more personal in nature, and the first one dealt with a Kohlii staff and a well-known engineer. "Nuparu? Nuparu!? Are you there?" I knocked no more than twice when a familiar face met me at the hut opening. "Joske! Bless Mata-Nui, you've come! I was beginning to wonder if you'd ever show up!" I could not laugh at his excitement as he closed the door and dashed into his workshop, leaving me behind. Like most Onu-Matoran, he wasn't excited over meeting me in particular, the famous Kohlii star, but because he was now able to show off one of his latest creations... something I commissioned. They got most excited over a new tool, digging project, anything machine... not always the greatest people-person, but if you needed something made or dug up, they were the people to call. Like right now. "Don't you want to see it!?" His lips twitched nervously. I made my over as he stood next to a table, a long object covered with a sheet. Building suspense I slowly gripped the sheet, only to pause while I held my breath, then with one swift motion whipped it aside. "Well!?" he asked anxiously. I couldn't respond. I was to thunderstruck to speak. Before my very eyes was the most perfect creation I had ever seen. It was a Kohlii staff, but unlike any other staff that has come before. The shaft was carved out of the finest wood the island had to offer, treated with Nuparu's special blend of chemicals to make it almost as strong as stone and just as resilient, yet retaining the flexibility of the original wood. It was further augmented by ornate carvings, no doubt done by some of the best carvers in Po-Koro, depicting the virtues "Unity, Duty, Destiny", my name, and various other personal phases important to me, and finally sanded down to a silky consistency. But that wasn't the best part. Both ends had the traditional tools: one side a cradle for the ball, the other a hammer. But it wasn't made out of ordinary metal - it was molded out of pure protosteel. Protosteel! Practically indestructible yet very light, my game staff could not feasibly pull double duty as my personal weapon and not worry about damaging it. It was the ultimate in Kohlii technology, a blending of practicality, sportsmanship, personality, and functionality. I could feel a tear drop. "It's... so beautiful!" I finally stammered out, unable to say anything more. Reverently I picked up. feeling it's curves in my hand. As light as gukko's feather yet infinitely stronger than any staff I had ever wielded; truly a work of art, and my expression must have conveyed it. "I am pleased that you like it so much. I'm sorry it took so long to complete, but with my other duties... " his voice trailed off, but I didn't notice. I was too mesmerized by my new weapon I could barely think, let alone speak coherently. After a moment I took a breath, not realizing I had been holding it this entire time. "What... what do I owe you?" My voice was weaker than I expected, but nothing could be done. I was simply too overwhelmed. "Your old staff. To say that I own the Kohlii staff that Joske won five consecutive island championships with well... " I snapped out it when i heard nothing else come out of his mouth. My head whipped out to look at him. "My old staff? That's it?" "That... and a lifetime front-row tickets to any Ta-Koro Kohlii match." I could not help but smirk at the slight grin I saw on his face. I took his hand and shook it, banging fists together to seal the deal. "Done! Hey, look, if you ever need anything-" he held up a hand. "I am a content worker and do not need much other than the occasion distraction. Should I ever need a favor though I might consider asking you first." I smiled and bowed as we stepped out of his workshop. A few minutes and some smalltalk later I left, brand-new staff in hand, reluctant to ever let it out of my sight. Still, I slung it over my back as I traversed the Koro, heading to my final destination for the day: Wiremu's hut. I had to smile as I approached his door. He had been a long-time friend, possibly one of the only true friends I've ever had. Always the quiet type, even for an Onu-Matoran, he always longed for an adventure... and I guess that's what drew me to him. He earnestly enjoyed listening to my exploits, something he could never do, in fact to the best of my knowledge never even leaving the Koro! And I in turn admired, and even envied at times, his brilliant mind, wondering how from such a small and quiet package such ingenious ideas sprung forth. It was in fact HIS idea for my new staff, though it required a better crafter than himself for it. In any case he too would be excited to see it. I knocked twice, hoping he would be home.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 00:49:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Mirr): "Now, who ever said it would be an enemy of yours? More likely, it would just be someone who has witnessed your previous cases. This ringing any alarms?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 00:52:02 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Chronn "I focus on solving the crime, not who watches me solve it." I explained, realizing that this person must have seen me using my mask. But I had only used it twice before in public, and both had been within the past two days. Something was very wrong.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 00:53:31 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Mirr): "Huh...so...who's working with you on this?" Mirr was getting very interested now. That, and he wanted to personally avenge Sura's death.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 00:58:47 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ic: Sirraus Sirraus took a sheet of paper and a gukko-quill pen out of his satchel and quickly scribbled out a short note. Gone to Ta-Koro to cross-reference records. Back in four days. "Come on," he motioned. "We'd better head out. Ko-Koro has a cable transport to Ta-Koro, right?" It was a rhetorical question. Everyone knew the easiest way to traverse the gap between the two mountain peaks was the cable. As the two Matoran headed down the Onu-Koro highway, one for the second time that day, Sirraus began to discuss the implications of the symbol. "For the moment we have to assume that the Makuta was in league with the Toa. If this is true-" his head was still reeling, trying to grasp the weight of this assumption. "If the Mata were allies of the Makuta, then they came here and set themselves up as heroes, perfect role models to whom no being could hope to match, then presumably died in battle with the Shadow Being," -he stopped to catch his breath- "thus establishing himself as an immortal demon. After all, if the greatest Toa in history couldn't hope to defeat him, how much less the vagabond element-throwers of today?" They passed the quarter-way mark, a side tunnel leading to the Po-Wahi desert. He could hear the scuttling of taxi ussals rushing by in the darkness between lightstones. Ooc: Sirraus to Ko-Koro

IC: [Hari] "Well how can we even assume that they were as great as they were made out to be?" Hari said, both excited and scared that the very nature of his world was being flipped upside-down, adding the necessity of checking well-known and generally accepted facts against the background of he and Sirraus's new theory. "After all, they don't have to be the great heroes they were-" Hari continued, and then corrected himself. "Or, in this case, thought they were, because they may be in league with that fiend." OOC: Sorry to reply so late :

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 00:59:19 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Chronn "I'm working with two others, one Toa named icarin, and a person i don't remember the name of." I commented to the Matoran, wondering if he knew anything about this case.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 01:08:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kethrye:This other person can wait. Kethrye thought as he exited the buildingand headed back to the scene of the crime. When he arrived Chronn washolding a conversation a short Ko-Matoran."I'm working with two others,one Toa named icarin, and a person i don't remember the name of." "The names Kethrye," Kethrye interjected, "Who are you, and whatdo you have to do with this case?" He asked the Matoran.

• Edited on 2011-10-19 01:09:25 by Toa Kethrye
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 01:10:39 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Mirr): "Well, I guess I can help. I would guess it might be a shared enemy...but who would it be?" He turned to Kethryn. "Erm...this is Chronn, he's leading the investigation." IC(Murderer): His purple mask gleamed in the light."Fools. I do suppose I should go out. Shouldn't take too long to keep up a good appearance." He stepped out of his apartment, crazed blood scrawlings on the walls. Before he left, he extinguished the energy that was keeping the light up. "Good night, Sura. Good Afternoon...other people."

• Edited on 2011-10-19 01:11:19 by Nitro Frost
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 01:16:18 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Chronn He shook his head, thinking over this past two cases; "I really don't know. But I heard his voice with my mask. That should be a major assistance to finding this killer.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 01:28:11 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kethrye:" I know, I work for him," Kethrye replied to the Matoran,"Does anyone mind filling me in on what you too are talkingabout?" He added.

• Edited on 2011-10-19 01:29:10 by Toa Kethrye
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 01:35:29 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Mirr): "The murder of Turaga Sura. One of my oldest friends, apparently. He knew my past, before I lost my memory. I had so many questions that will remain unanswered now..."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 02:34:55 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Chronn I watched my surroundings, searching the area. Something was off. Whoever it was,, they knew me. And I didn't like that at all. "So, he was a friend of yours, interesting. Anyone who would want him dead?" IC: KirgonThe nosy Matoran decided to ask Mero again. "So, why are you in Onu-Koro?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-19 02:38:20 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Mero Kiap - Onu-KoroMero shifted his new satchel around before answering, "I knew he'd give me a discount and I haven't been here in a long time," He shrugged, "So I figured, why not?"

• Tags: