BZPRPG: Kumu Islets

Kumu
A banner for the topic
  • Posted 2012-10-11 00:51:54 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: KetruHis meal done, Ketru mechanically walked out of the bar. He stepped outside and suddenly stopped in the middle of the town square, having no idea what to do.OOC: Open for interaction

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-11 23:02:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Tuara - Kumu-Islets"Spending time in a beach house is not the ideal vacation for me. Don't worry."Tuara eyed the same things Angelus was, a scarf, a pistol. The pair stopped, just staring at the possessions of Dorian's, trying to comprehend what it meant. They didn't see a body anywhere. She approached the objects carefully."That Toa Dorian followed," she looked at him, "Think he did this?"

• Edited on 2012-10-11 23:05:19 by We Are Legion
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-12 02:26:17 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: ZealokanHe shrugged. 'At least we know where Payiges is. Havon could be anywhere by now.' He wiped his hand over the ground, observing the soot and scorch marks. 'Yeah, I'd say he's long gone by now. Blasted Kadin of his.'

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-12 02:28:28 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Dekuna): "Ga-wahi it is then" Dekuna sighed. It seemed that they had come an awfully long way just to go back there. He went to negociate with the sailor who had brough them there for a ride back. After a few minutes, he scored it.OOC: The remains for the Hau Karda to Ga-wahi.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-13 00:27:20 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Dorian (Hospital, Xa-Koro)Good question.Did I fight Heuani because he was trying to kill me? Well, yeah, but he wasn't what I was fighting. What was I attacking out there? What was that object of all my hatred that I tried to pull apart at the seams and shatter like china in the wake of the monsoon that was me in all my power and glory and sheer brilliance? Was I fighting myself out there, trying to regain some small measure of atonement for the murder of Naara by killing something much more unspeakably evil than me, myself, and I? Was I trying to get myself killed in a final, last-ditch attempt to prove myself mortal? Was I trying to kill him, take his sword, become Dorian, conqueror of Oblivion?"He dissed my scarf," I finally replied noncommittally.-Teezy

• Edited on 2012-10-13 00:27:37 by Tyler Durden
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-13 01:06:00 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Jin)I snorted, not convinced in the slightest. Dorian couldn't seem to stay serious even when lying on a hospital bed, wrapped up tighter than my wallet after a night on the town. I liked his bravado, but it made it annoying trying to get information out of him. Whatever. I'd figure it out later."Well," I said, stretching. "I'm so happy to hear that you protected your dignity. That's definitely worth puking my guts out after running your sorry carcass back to Xa."I paused, then winked, a smile breaking through my facade. No hard feelings. But he still owed me."Maybe you can make it up to me. When do I get to meet this Bad Company you've been talking up since we met?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-13 01:15:51 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Dorian (Hospital, Xa-Koro)"Chances are, they've already seen you," I said quietly, suddenly feeling very exhausted and lying back. "As soon as the doctors say that you're able to walk, then just tell me. I can take you to Brykon; chances are he won't be very happy with me for going AWOL to recruit you, but that guy loves me...he'll deal with it after a fight or two and then things'll get back to normal. Just...tell me when you're feeling up to it. I'm feeling better already..."I sighed then and leaned back into the pillow, giving Jin what was meant to be a cutting smirk, but instead came out as the genuine smile of a homeless child being given a bowl of soup to help protect him from the coming winter."Hey, Jin?"Silence for a second."Yeah, Dor?""Thanks. For thinking I was worth saving."I blacked out then.-Teezy

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-13 23:57:18 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Jin)"Thanks. For thinking I was worth saving."I looked over at the Toa of Iron: he was gone, passed out faster than you could say "Heuani." I stayed still and quirt for a while after that, mulling over that last statement.It was unbecoming of the Dor I knew; the Dor I knew was always joking and full of grit, never letting his guard down for a second. That last sentence hadn't shown any of that. He's said it simply; humbly, without any fancy words or anything. Humility wasn't exactly a trait I'd have tagged on to Dorian before this moment, so seeing it in action now was a bit of a surprise. For a moment there, instead of a hardened assassin, he'd been a broken, scared child who was grateful that someone cared about him at all. I remembered what I had heard that night, when I fell to my knees outside of Xa. I'd thought it was just a trick of the wind, exhaustion fooling my senses, or an echo of the pounding of blood in my ears. But now I wondered- had I really heard it?Please don't let me die alone.I wondered for the hundredth time what exactly had gone down between Heuani and Dorian in that jungle. I'd been watching, yeah, but I hadn't heard every word. Something, I was sure, had hit Dor harder than he'd expected it to. Maybe it was just being so close to death; I didn't know, and I didn't know if I'd ever find out. I lay back on my pillow and sighed; my body was still exhausted, even if my mind was spinning. Slowly, unwillingly, I closed my eyes, and a moment later I was asleep.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 02:06:19 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: JLJL walked through a forest, his sword electromagnetically stuck to his back. He wasn't sure why he was wandering around, but that probably attributed to the fact that he didn't have anything to do.OOC: JL open for interaction.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 12:45:30 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: KetruKetru was bored. He began walking in a random direction. He entered the forest and saw another Toa walking aroundOOC interacting with you JL

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 15:37:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Bunnying approved by Dov.IC (Merror)"I agree," said Elianne. "Let's take care of this 'Shadow'."Merror nodded, and clapped his hands together."We are all agreed, then," he said. "We'll take a ferry to Onu-Wahi, and then make our way to the Koro. Let's go."

The Toa Astha travelled the rest of the way to Xa-Koro, where they bought passage on a ferry from the docks. As the ferry left the quay, Merror frowned at one of the ships docked nearby. It looked somewhat familiar...He shook off the thought, and turned his attention to his teammates. Might as well make some small talk, get them relaxed. Unity was always important."Pirok," he said. "You don't use a weapon - I've always wondered why. Is it because you prefer not to?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 15:46:39 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: JLJL slowed down when he heard footsteps in the forest as well. He slowed down his pace, and watched as Ketru walked past a tree. JL didn't see any threat with Ketru, but he stayed careful, though to Ketru he would still seem casual.He walked over to the other Toa, and smiled. "So what brings another warrior to cross the islets jungles and forests?OOC: Is the Infernavika docked in Xa-Koro/Kumu? Or is it just roaming?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 15:59:31 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: KetruKetru's eyes flared. He looked in the direction of the greeting. His thoughts racedCommand: Turn. Turn angle 90 degrees. Face target. Command: Speak "Simply boredom."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 16:11:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Pirok"I believe that, most of the time, it's better to talk your way out of something than to use a weapon." Pirok shrugged. "Recently, my opinion has changed slightly, but I still believe that it's usually best to avoid violence. I'll admit, the use of elemental powers would still count as violence, but you're less likely to stab someone in the back with those. It also stops you from relying on material objects -- if two people are up against each-other, don't have weapons, and one is used to having one, the other has the advantage."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 16:17:01 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Skyra - Ferry, Kumu Islets -"Elemental powers are great, but they aren't as...precise." I commented, unsheathing one of my katanas, I began to polish it with a small cloth, taking care to avoid the laser tip edge.

• Edited on 2012-10-14 16:17:10 by Overlord Snelly
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 16:18:48 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Pirok"Not if you spend more time training with them than swords."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 16:19:58 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Merror)Merror nodded."I understand your point of view," he said. "And I agree, mostly. But a weapon doesn't have to be used in a way that deals excessive injury. Take the quarterstaff, for example - it's really more of a defensive weapon, used to disarm or incapacitate an opponent. And if you're in a tight situation, relying on your elemental powers can be a bad idea. Weapons themselves are neither good nor evil, peaceful nor violent; that lies with the wielder."Merror stroked the leather-wrapped hilt of one of his swords over his shoulder. The two sleek blades were sheathed over his back, their blades making an 'X'."I never use my swords to kill, not unless there is absolutely no other option. And I avoid wounding my opponenets too grievously, if I can help it. I use my blades to save lives, not to take them."Sitting back in his seat, Merror shrugged at Pirok."I have no problem with you going unarmed," he said. "But if you'd like to learn, I could train you. Give you some basic weapon skills."

• Edited on 2012-10-14 16:24:57 by Ghosthands
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 16:22:42 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Pirok"I'm fine for now," Pirok smiled, "But thank you for the offer. I'll keep it in mind."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 16:41:37 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC-Skeldan:"I'm going to have to brush up on my fighting skills if I want to stick with you all, won't I?" Skeldan asked boredly, running his fingers along a small, twenty-two gut-strung, Celtic harp he'd managed to pick up before they left. "Music just won't cut it."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 16:44:39 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Merror)Merror nodded and smiled back, before turning his attention to Skeldan."Well," he said, "that's your decision. I gather you're not much of a weapons person - how are you with your element?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 17:15:14 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: JLJL thought he noted something strange about Ketru. He asked, "Uh, you feeling fine?"====OOC: Hmmmm......GH, this concerns the Infernavika. Although its more of a read only post.....:PIC: FloriaFloria, or Flo as most of her friends new her, hadn't really expected a ship like this. Sure, she'd heard of the infamous pirate Lohkar, his charms, his stash of rum, all of that. But he'd always thought of stronger powers as insignificant. Maybe it was just her underestimating others, or maybe it was just that she had a bottle of rum in her hands.As she walked through the streets of Xa-Koro towards the docks, she could see the buildings around her get impossibly large. The mast of the Infernavika, the big ship as she called it, was stretching. Maybe it was a trick of the light, or maybe it was the rum. Probably the latter, Floria thought.Her Huna had activated - Nobody could see her as she walked down the dark streets of the island-town towards the big ship. She'd been on ships before, and she knew how to use it, but she instantly knew that stealing a ship like this was not a good idea. Not that she considered it. Although it would be pretty funny.......Stop, she thought to herself. You're too drunk to even try. Stop thinking about it.So what could she do? She was bored. She was excessively lonely, had no real friends, (Except bartenders and drinking buddies around the island), and she considered herself a pirate. She didn't plan on fighting - A true pirate didn't rely on that. They relied on skill, wits, and definitely not being drunk, which was what Floria was when she decided she would stow away on the Infernavika.A Huna disguised her, although not her shadows. However, this didn't matter to her - Not at a time like this. And not when she was drunk. Sound? Not a problem. She could create a vacuum around her body. No sound would come from her climbing and touching things, much less levitating upwards with air, although while drunk, she probably didn't anticipate the fact that a vacuum and air-flight wouldn't work together.So she stood hopelessly on the docks, invisible, trying to get on the ship through flight while maintaining a vacuum around her.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 20:40:04 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Dorian's sleep was long and restful. But even the longest of resting slumbers come to an end. And his did with eight words, gently drawled into the well of sound around his sleeping body."Dear boy..."Dorian opened his eyes. The familiar voice was promptly accompanied by another pair of familiar hazel orbs."I don't believe catatonia suits you."Naara sat there, jacket lustrous and unblemished and healthy as ever. A light smirk appeared on her face at Dorian's expression. She'd split up with the kid for a while to check back on the islets. Rumor had brought her here, and because of them she had scoured the islands for bits of information. But although her search for knowledge had so far not been successful, she was still satisfied. Looking for one thing she had got another. And that 'other' so happened to be significant. Instead of scraps of information, she'd netted another big piece of time with him.What a catch.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 20:59:31 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Dorian (Hospital, Xa-Koro)About a second and a half of quiet went by as I debated shooting an iron spike out of my hand - a Fe-Toa's way of pinching himself. Then I blinked a couple times and smacked my temple once or twice as I observed Naara, completely and utterly at a loss as to what to say to this complete angel, this goddess of a being who I remembered both sharing breakfast with just days ago, and, well...killing just days ago. Finally, words came to mind, though they were hardly the most romantic that I could have come up with:"You don't look very shot."Naara, far from looking confused or even impatient, rolled her eyes and smirked a bit wider as her hand stroked the spot where my Timestamp had been, and then the area on my shoulder where I had once been Marked. I took a look at the fabric of my old jacket, still tight-fitting and well-crafted; Naara had kept it immaculate, and I began to wonder if she really had killed anyone else who touched it. That was my girl. Always keeping her word."Yes, well," she sighed in utter boredom. "That's one of the happier side effects of never having been shot."That was my girl. It really was. I could feel it. Pushing both any remaining doubts I had aside - along with the realization that I was probably suffering from a moderate case of schizophrenia now - to the back of my head and then away from my mind entirely, I sat up and slid my arms like anacondas around her waist, merely accepting for a minute that I did, in fact, have something to live for again. Naara. My girl. Alive. Unable to match her wit in my state of sheer awe, I said the first words that came naturally, words that should have come weeks ago back in Ko-Koro but never found the chance to spring up."I love you, too."-Teezy

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 22:39:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: JLJL thought he noted something strange about Ketru. He asked, "Uh, you feeling fine?"
    IC: KetruTaget has replied. Command: Speak/"Yes, perfectly fine."OOC: The text in arial is what he's actually saying. The text in the other font are his thoughts

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 22:44:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: JLAnd that was abnormally late for a reply....."Are you sure?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 22:51:50 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: KetruCommand: Speak/"Yes, I'm sure."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 23:34:32 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Angelus (Forest, Kumu Islets)"Does it really matter?" Angelus asked, a bit more coldly than he'd really intended to sound, as he leaned against a tree; it was splattered with blood, and a single lightning bug was pinned to the bark by a miniscule iron spike. It was very obvious that whatever had happened here, it hadn't ended well for one of the duelists, and the Guardsman knew that Dorian was vain enough to pick his scarf back up if he won, so it was glaringly obvious that, one way or the other, he hadn't won.As he looked at Tuara, he saw, instead of relief or determination, an almost pitying glint in her deep red eyes, and Angel figured he knew why: after reading Dorian's journal, seeing his thoughts and past and what he'd been forced to endure and then commit, unable to help himself - or so he believed - Tuara had begun to sympathize with him in a way. Dorian was trapped, a prisoner inside his own mind; Tuara knew that feeling, too. Angelus took a step forward towards his girlfriend."Tuara, Dorian was..."-Teezy

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 23:40:14 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:Quoribay and Sideways exited the ferry after a small fee -which didn't really matter because Quoribay pickpocketed the captain's wallet while he was distracted by one of sideway's illusions. "So... what now," he asked.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 23:42:13 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Gunner - InfernavikaMy legs scissored in the air, hanging limply over the calm, open sea. The salty wind blew across my face, and the sun beat down on my skin. All in all, one of the better days I've experienced.I glanced about, looking for anything interesting, (which always seemed to appear when I left the area, frustratingly) when I sensed something. Something odd. Something wrong.Something... missing.There was some sort of anomaly in the air, a place where the gas was missing, a vacuum. It wasn't natural, it went against everything my remaining shreds of Toa-ness knew was right. I felt the need to find this... oddness, and rectify it.This was a new feeling for me. A feeling of doing something just because it was right. I wasn't sure if I liked it. But it was the only thing that made sense to me, so I went with it.Closing my eyes, I focused on the air around me, reaching, groping for the empty space of vacuum. I branched out with my powers, finalizing my sense of location. There it was, I realized after a few minutes. That was where the vacuum was, a strange of orb of nothingness resting on the Xa-Koro docks. What it was doing there, I had no idea. But by nature, I was inquisitive about things that had nothing to do with me. It was a weakness of mine. Not my only weakness, but one of the predominant ones.Snapping my eyes open, I swung my legs back over the railing, landing in a standing position on the deck. Without announcing anything, I pushed myself into the air, flying over to the wooden shamble of constructs that the Xa-Koronans around here considered a harbour. Landing roughly on the hard ground, I lurched forward as the dock swayed against my weight.This is their idea of construction? I thought disdainfully, regaining my balance long enough to make sure that the vacuum was directly in front of me.Outwardly, there was nothing odd about it, merely another stretch of landscape in an otherwise bleak setting. But I knew better. It was hiding something, and I was going to find out what.Channeling my elemental power, I sent air rushing back into the void, removing the vacuum from existence.OOC: @JL That's Floria he's taking about, by the way.-Void

• Edited on 2012-10-15 00:14:50 by Emissary to the Void
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 23:43:17 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Tuara - Kumu-IseltsTuara stood up to her full height, looking down on the blood and scarf, "Killed?" She turned away, her expression as hard as rock, "As he should be."She avoiding looking Angelus in the eye, she knew what happened to Dorian. Forced to watch it over and over again thanks to Tarn. It was probably the biggest reason she had to harden herself to survive the battering of emotional power. She suddenly realized how Angelus might've interpreted her words, "It was the most merciful thing for him."She continued walking. The Guard needed her. Or, her time off needed her.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 23:48:00 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Angelus (Forest, Kumu Islets)Angel watched her walk for a couple seconds before plucking the scarf from the ground and placing it in his bag, setting his pace to a slight jog to catch up to her. Tuara was moving quickly, trying to get as far away from the sight of Dorian's real death as she could, and Angelus was quiet for a second before sliding his arm around her waist and pulling her into a sort of walking hug."You're going to be okay, alright? You're Tuara again," he whispered soothingly, trying to comfort Tuara. "It took me a long time to come to grips with the fact that it wasn't you doing all that kooky cark that Iris was pulling, but...it wasn't your fault at any point. Alright?"-Teezy

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 23:56:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Naara's arms slithered up and and settled around Dorian's torso, legs encircling his back. Her breathing slowed and all tension in her body was released. Her eyes were light. A small smile illuminated her face."I love you, too."Her lips touched his forehead, then moved to his own for a few seconds. Then she moved back a little and glanced at the other occupant of the room. Her eyes and face shifted to become apathetic again.Naara lifted a thumb to the vortixx in silent query. She up soon?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-14 23:58:07 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: FloriaFloria noticed another Toa leap down from the Infernavika onto the docks, wobbling a bit as pieces of wood broke off under the weight. She, however, paid no attention while being drunk until the wind came to fill the vacuum. While she still had her mask on, she cut off her power to the vacuum, which dissipated. She also sent a slight upwards gust of wind under her, and combined with Gunner's wind, pushed her back and up into the air. Taking a swig of rum, she proceeded to cause another vacuum in front of Gunner while she herself floated over to the wooden mast. Taking hold of a rope, she stood there, not realizing that because of the rope being held by her, it would look to others as if a rope was drooping down from where it was supposed to be - A problem for the sails.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-15 00:02:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Tuara - Kumu-IseltsTuara didn't change her expression or position of her head, but she still replied, "Tarn had complete control over my body and words. Trust me, if I was there when Dorian said those things about me while at the Inn in Ta-Koro, I would've flattened his face."She sighed, "I'm not sure if I'm okay just yet, but I've got you back again, so that's a start," she turned to Angelus, "And you don't have to worry about me going crazy or anything, the things I saw in there can't be compared to what I've seen out here."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-15 00:02:27 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Dorian (Hospital, Xa-Koro)I took a second to turn and flick my eyes once at Jin before turning back to Naara and grinning; I gave a single, solitary shrug, as though I were Atlas, repositioning the sky above my shoulders. My thoughts were still on Naara's small, rare smile, and I pulled her up closer and let her nestle her head into my neck as though she were a baby robin in its nest, having come back from a long, excruciating day of learning to fly without its mother at its side.Does it really look like I care? I mouthed back.IC: Angelus (Jungle, Kumu Islets)"Alright, so vacation ideas. How about...oasis retreat in Po-Wahi?"-Teezy

• Edited on 2012-10-15 00:03:44 by Tyler Durden
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-15 00:18:30 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Gunner - Xa-Koro DocksI furrowed my brow in frustration, at yet another vacuum forming itself in front of me. Grunting with annoyance, and motioned with left arm, a violent throw, for more air to fill the space.-Void

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-15 00:41:13 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Nahu):Nahu walked into Xa-Koro. It was dangerous for a Matoran to walk into this city with a bag full of widgets, but he had brought a weapon with him from his store- a dagger, and he could use it well. Now to look for some assasins...Open for interaction with an assasin(s).

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-15 00:41:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Naara merely sighed and reclined. She slowly fell onto the bed, body fitting together with the Fe-Toa's like pieces of a consummate puzzle. Her entire being stilled.She thought, I wish this was all of life. That idea sang inside her head and resonated with the power of a drumbeat. To live in a world of such compleat relation...It would be nice. Perfect for her. Lazing in bed, holding like this forever. No ****ing war, no one else. Why should she give a flip about anyone besides herself and him?Because that wasn't reality, came the answer. Because there's a kid who you're obligated to babysit a little while longer. Because there's a few people you've angered. Because there's a vortixx over there about to wake up and demand an explanation for why her Dor is snuggling with some person she doesn't know. That's why.But maybe she could pretend. Maybe she could believe that she'd just laze here forever, and maybe she could say to herself that she would just live out life with no one but the one person who really mattered besides Kinika. So she'd lie to herself. And she'd continue to do so, if only to steal more moments making him happy before the other person in the room woke up.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-15 00:41:54 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: FloriaGood...he fell for it. Floria tried not to laugh. She would have left it there, but being drunk and the troll she is, she created one more vacuum in front of Gunner.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-10-15 00:51:39 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Tuara - Kumu-Islets"I was thinking somewhere hotter," she gave Angelus a small sad smile, "If they need me, I'll have to be ready."She looked away again, "I may be done with Ta-Koro, but Ta-Koro may not be done with me."

• Edited on 2012-10-15 00:53:47 by We Are Legion
  • Tags: