BZPRPG: Kumu Islets

Kumu
A banner for the topic
  • Posted 2011-12-11 13:55:35 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Arrogance is the wrong word, I suppose rudeness? It's just Skraatuth, if someone is slightly rude to her, then she thinks they're out to get her or something :PSkraatuth to Onu-Wahi.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-11 15:20:20 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: @ Legolover361I.C. Tradoris saw a brown Skakdi with a Zamor sphere launcher and ran over to him."YOU THERE! I want to talk to you!"

IC (Xa-Koro):"YOU THERE!"Raknar flinched, gripping his zamor launcher a little tighter and turning to face -- face another Skakdi? He pointed. "I want to talk to you!"Uh-oh.On Zakaz, Skakdi never called out to strangers unless they were looking for either a fight or a job; Raknar saw no reason to believe another Skakdi's mentality would be different here. Besides which, if his prediction was right, this would be a win-win situation.Putting on his best casual air, Raknar asked placidly enough, "And you're talking to me because...?"
    I.C. "I am here to offer you a job." Tradoris said casually."How would you like to join a crime gang?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-11 18:12:13 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Xa-Koro):The other Skakdi matched Raknar's nonchalance without missing a beat. His question -- How would you like to join a crime gang? -- floated through Raknar's mind and was met with ambivalence. On one hand, a criminal group would surely offer fantastic opportunities for Raknar to show just how mischievous a Skakdi could be; but on the other hand, Raknar had Lohkar and the rest of the Infernavika's crew, and what was more, a high position within that group.And at least pirates could disguise themselves as innocent sailors if needed."Thanks, but no thanks," Raknar said finally. "Once a pirate, always a pirate, I suppose."As soon as the words had come out of Raknar's mouth, he regretted their bluntness. What if the other Skakdi had seen Raknar's little trick back at the weapons stand? Blackmail was the last thing he wanted on his plate.He pushed the worry out of his mind. It was ridiculous; why would the other Skakdi have noticed Raknar setting up his trick, gone out of his way to avoid his path, and then confronted him here? There was no reason for him to conceal his intent of blackmailing; no security force existed in Xa-Koro, Raknar had heard word-of-mouth, and none was bound to crop up any time soon.To cover up his momentary indecision, Raknar shrugged. "Good luck, though," he said. "Skakdi might always triumphs, am I right?"He took a step around the other Skakdi to head to the Black Spot Inn. There was no harm in getting to the rendezvous point a little early.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-11 18:39:55 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Tiras:Tiras wandered off the ship like everyone else, looking for things to do. Tiras decided to take sometime to get some real food unlike the poor quality on the ship. Maybe a pirate's life was not for him. He sat down and stole a Matoran's lunch and began to eat.

• Edited on 2011-12-11 18:40:05 by Rakata
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-11 19:34:28 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Leddels grinned at Lohkar. "What might that be? That might be these." The matoran unfurled a piece of white cloth. "Sails. I get 'em specially made from a couple toa around here. They're laced with iron. They're stronger, thinner, but work just as well. They also happen to be fireproof."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-11 21:59:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Jild)

The Skakdi looks toward the fleeing beings. "Don't forget my slaves," he says simply, but leaves it at that. He wouldn't let Delak get away with this, but he had orders from Karzhani. He had to collect a certain item for the being.He turns to Revan as he says,"I'll talk about it more on my ship. But, don't worry, I'll actually tell you what we're doing."-Mef Man

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-11 22:12:01 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Lohkar)"You're half right, Arzanyos," Lohkar said, grinning. "It is a new toy, an' a shiny one at that."Suddenly, they were hailed by a nearby trader. With nothing to lose and lots to spend, Lohkar walked over."An' what might that be, mate?" he asked.OOC: You guys will, of course, find out what it is, and I'll also upload a picture for you when it's revealed. But I don't want to reveal it quite yet...Of course, you could just pester him XDIC (Stralix)"Hmm," the inventor pondered. "Fresh bamboo's got high water content, and it's naturally hollow. If you made your arrows out of bamboo, you could easily fill them up with powder. The fresher it is, the more slowly it'll burn, so you could carry arrows of different freshness for different fuse times. Bamboo's dead cheap in Ga-Koro, too."

IC SalvinnSalvinn smiled, this guys just as smart as I thought he was. Yeah this business transaction is going to get along great. "What to you say that we create a few, test them out and mark the fuse times for them. Also I believe there are a few places bamboo grows in the Kumu Islets."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-11 22:49:37 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Revan:"Atleast you promised me something," Revan trailed off as he followed Jild.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-11 22:54:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Jild)

Jild walks toward his ship; Revan trailing behind him.I can use him to my advantage..."Don't worry, my ship's docked nearby. I'll get you a place to rest and we can stay on board the vessel while we travel. I'll also tell you what we're going to do." He looks around at the citizens of the Kumu-Islets. "But not yet. Not with so many people around..."-Mef Man

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 00:21:48 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Lohkar)Lohkar looked impressed, but wary. More often than not, Xa-Koro traders' claims were not to be trusted - but if this was what he said it was, it was exactly what they needed."Then you won't mind if we test that?" he said. "Can't be too careful round 'ere. Gunner! Come an' take a look at this."Lohkar expected that the ship's Quartermaster would be a good judge - in fact, it was his job to be a good judge of such things.IC (Stralix)"Hmm," Stralix said. "I was planning on running my stall here, but...it's an interesting experiment, and I'm almost out of powder, so..."He stood up, packing up his things."You're on. Let's find some bamboo. There's bound to be some out in the delta."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 00:24:37 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Salvinn"Great, let me just grab my bow and tell my companions I'll be taking a little while longer." Salvinn responded, and started heading off towards the restaurant. He then stopped and turned around, "You wanna come too, it'll save us the time of looping back here again."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 00:36:37 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kahua looked at Solaris. "I had a weird dream...I was chased...by Makuta himself!" He spaced out, then said "Vengeance for killing his sons. I know what this means. It means...when we have defeated all the Rahkshi here...the Makuta will come after us." A Kraata crawled near the campfire. "Or he already IS!" He formed a spear and stabbed it. "Mip...you need to watch for THOSE too."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 00:46:12 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Mip was a bit embarrassed."Er, that wasn't there before," he said."Right," Solaris said. "So the Makuta's angry. He's not gonna come after us himself. He's too lazy. Your Toa Mata had to march right up to his front door to battle him. Even if they failed, you have to admit the Makuta could have done the whole defeat thing better.""Well he has plenty of minions," Mip snapped. "We're gonna need to be on our toes." He noticed another Kraata crawling out of the woods. He set it ablaze.Solaris shrugged."I had a bit of an odd dream, too," he said. "And don't expect me to tell anything. It was kind of a private affair."Mip got back to his watching position."You two go back to sleep," he said. "And try not to dream. That always seems to inconvenience everyone on this island."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 01:05:25 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Revan:Revan listened, alothough with a hint of curiosity.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 01:11:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Jild)

Jild leads the being to the dock where his large ship was resting; like a Kane-Rai in a nest of Gukko birds."Here she is," he says, finally. His slaves were still resting, a sort of hush on the ship. The seven of them would have to do without Alissita, but he knew they would."Lower the gang plank!" he barks. A Matoran rushes toward the side of the ship and lowers the large piece of wood; making a loud BANG! once it strikes the wooden wharf. Jild walks on the plank and heads onto the ship.-Mef Man

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 01:20:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Revan:Revan went abroad as well. "Jild? how were you able to aquire this, this, this beast?" Revan asked.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 01:24:50 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Jild)

"Karzhani owed me a favor," he said simply before leading him into the captain's quarters. "He also supplied the 'staff.' "-Mef Man

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 01:27:55 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Revan:"Karzahni? He owed you? That's outrageous! What caused him to owe you?" Revan asked curiously.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 01:33:56 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Jild)

"Orders from one of the Makuta," replied Jild. "But, I don't think I should be telling you this; let's keep our minds on the task at hand." The Skakdi looks down at an empty map he had laid across a table. "Tell me; can you draw me a map of the island, including this little...place?"-Mef Man

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 01:44:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Revan:"After my failed conquest of the island, sure, I'd be able to help draw a darn map, no offence," Revan smirked.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 02:04:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Jild)

Great, I'm working with a failure.Jild watches as the map starts to take shape. Looks kind of like a face...-Mef Man

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 02:15:19 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Revan:"Well, I atleast brought up an army of over 500 Toa, Matoran, Skakdi, and Vortixx," Revan sighed as he cotinued to draw Mata-Nui.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 02:16:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: "True." Kahua had heard a story about Vakama himself having prophetic dreams. He went back to sleep..."Leave the islets. They...are...MINE."Kahua woke up again. "Argh."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 02:18:10 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ic: "So tell me about yourself, Septimus," Cersei said, trying to ease tensions with the matoran seated with her. "How did you meet Salvinn, that sort of stuff."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 02:27:10 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Jild)

"That's all?" asked the Skakdi. "I've seen tablets of a group of beings called 'Barraki' who ruled itleast ten times as many beings as you led." Jild stands closer toward the table. "Not bad," he says. "I've seen better, though."-Mef Man

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 02:40:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: [Septimus]After several seconds of thought, Septimus' paranoia had trickled away, possibly due to the fact that his Vortixx companion seemed to be trying to make conversation. Most people who wanted to kill people weren't really honest, and he didn't really feel much dishonesty in the question."Got cornered by a serial killer from Le-Wahi," he said. "Salvinn ended up saving me."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 02:47:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Delarix): Delarix decided to land near Lohkar. He angled himself just right and dropped to the ground, landing right on his feet."Good afternoon, Captain." He said.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 02:51:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ic: "You seem to find yourself around killers a lot, it seems," Cersei said, not realizing the irony of her statement.

• Edited on 2011-12-12 02:51:29 by EmperorWhenua
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 02:55:10 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: [Septimus]The Plasma Matoran nodded, remembering that the being in front of him was also a killer, so the statement made a lot of sense."Yeah," he said. "I thought adventuring would have been easier than being a kohlii coach, but it seems to be harder and more dangerous."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 02:58:29 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ic: Did I say that out loud? Great, now he thinks I'm one, too. Not helping myself here. "I think it's all about how you carry yourself, really. How you act attracts different sorts of people, and making sure you have the right people is key to survival. But I'm not much of an explorer myself, sooo... look who's talking," she said with a light chuckle.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 03:12:13 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Solaris rested dreamlessly for the rest of the night. For once, he was at peace. Except for a couple of things. Ghar-Knel was alive, he killed the love of Solaris's life years ago, and The Rel had something important to tell him. But what was it?Mip had a bad feeling about Kahua's dreams."Another Makuta dream?" he asked. "Maybe we should go in the morning. I think something bad might happen soon."At least Mip wasn't asleep.Yet.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 03:39:38 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: [Septimus]Septimus smiled, rather grateful for his companions' advice."So anyway," he said, having finished his meal in the meantime. "What exactly do you do?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 03:41:11 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Revan:"Lokk, okay? This was way back when the first settlers to Mata-Nui were peaking at 1,230 inhabitants," Revan clairified.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 03:42:51 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Jild)

"But, you still lost?" Jild grins. "Oh well. Looks like the map is coming along." He decides to change the subject. The Skakdi finally had some one to work for him, the last thing he wanted was to insult him into leaving.-Mef Man

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 03:43:15 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ic: Ahh, the fateful question. "I'm an engineer," Cersei said with half-truth. "I'm also a communicator of sorts, and I get in touch with the right people to get information and protect assets of my investors. Something of a businesswoman, if you will, with some inventing on the side."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 04:12:24 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: [Septimus]"Ah," said Septimus, "so you're the middlewoman for any business deals your clients want to do."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 04:24:00 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ic: "You could say so," Cersei conceded. That was more easily taken than the honest truth, anyway, and she wanted to keep the trust of this Septimus at least for now, since he might be the key to getting to the next level with Salvinn. "Though I also set up events and such. Not a secretary, mind you; something more than that. But I also try and find time for my pastimes, like exploring the more secretive aspects of life. The arcane, old artifacts, etcetera. I keep my mind open to possibilities."How much have you explored?" she said, trying to skirt around the grittier stuff and direct the conversation back to Septimus.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 04:32:22 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Leddels grinned. "Sure. You can test it all you want. For five widgets." He really didn't need to do that. The fabric was what he said it was, and it did work. After all, he had a strict policy: Don't sell bad merchandise, sell overpriced merchandise.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 04:34:24 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: [Septimus]"Well I've just been travelling around the island a bit," said the Plasma Matoran, happy that someone was interested in his exploits. "Not really that interesting, but it was fun seeing Le-Koro and getting lost in the tunnels of Onu-Koro."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 04:47:19 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ic: "And what is your goal? Do you want to see the entire island, then?" Cersei prodded. "Do you want to witness the golden beaches of Ga-Wahi, the soaring peaks of Ko-Wahi, the flaming pits of Ta-Wahi, the mighty chasm of the Kini-Nui?"

• Edited on 2011-12-12 04:47:44 by EmperorWhenua
  • Tags: