BZPRPG: Kumu Islets

Kumu
A banner for the topic
  • Posted 2011-12-12 04:56:38 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: [Septimus]A grin appeared on the former Kohlii's coach's face as he heard those words."Well of course," he said. "I want to experience all that the island has to offer me. All of its wonders, all of its people and all of its mysteries."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 05:33:04 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ic: "Well, good. At least you have a goal to reach," Cersei said. "Too many of your sort that I've met are content with their daily jobs, making flax and string or pounding at the same rock for weeks on end to make a statue and repeat the process. So long as you want to reach your goal, there's little that can stop you."Unless you die, of course. But remember what I said: company is key." Hint hint.

• Edited on 2011-12-12 05:33:16 by EmperorWhenua
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 05:40:02 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: [Septimus]"Good point," said the Plasma Matoran. "I don't plan on dying anyway. But just in case I'll probably have to journey with others. I'm just a Matoran with a small sword."He leaned back in his chair, his stomach satisfied from the meal, before speaking again."I wonder what Salvinn is doing right now?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 05:43:33 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ic: "I wonder, too. He was in a rush to leave earlier and then he did just that -- he left." She thought a moment, and then asked in a pessimistic sort of way, "You don't think he'd just leave you, would he?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 05:55:10 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kahua turned to Mip. "No. That's what the Makuta wants, isn't it? So we give him the opposite. We're chasing this shadow OUT of Mata Nui!" Kahua went back to sleep."You call these nightmares? When you awaken...you will see the true nightmare." The dream ended.A Rahkshi of Silence suddenly silenced Mip, then thrust its staff at him. No one would hear Mip call for help.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 06:06:20 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: [Septimus]"Nah," said Septimus. "He has probably either gotten waylaid by some random other being, gone shopping, saving people or captured by an enemy. He should be fine though."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 06:20:38 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ic: "Well, it seems we're done here, anyway," Cersei said, paying the bill for all of them. "I say we go out and try to find our wayward friend."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 06:25:27 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: [Septimus]"My thoughts exactly," said Septimus as he stood up to follow the Vortixx.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 06:37:31 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ic: Cersei, Septimus and the silent Anavel left the restaurant and entered the cobblestone streets. Immediately, Cersei turned to the right, steering the matoran away from where she last left the poor Skakdi (who by all accounts was likely dead by now), not that it mattered at this point anymore. They walked down the path that was bustling with the activity the afternoon brought to the city of crime, the odd trio just another bunch of faces in the nameless horde. "Let's assume he went to the market area. That seems to be the most likely place to get lost in, anyway," Cersei said.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 06:43:12 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: [Septimus]"Alright," said the Plasma Matoran as he followed the Vortixx. "Marketplace it is then. I was meaning to go there before to buy something anyway."He did not say what he was buying, possibly because of the fact that the item he was seeking did not seem like something most people would try to get.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 17:25:11 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Lohkar)"Five widgets? Well..." he pulled out five widgets from a pouch at his belt. "All right then."Delarix suddenly landed next to him. Lohkar didn't look in the least bit surprised."Ah, Delarix," he said. "Just the man I was lookin' for. Would you mind testin' whether this sailcloth's really as fireproof as this fine gentleman 'ere claims?"IC (Stralix)The inventor nodded, having hired a fellow Skakdi to guard his things. He tucked a barrel of powder under one arm, and followed Stannis.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 18:15:47 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Leddels pocketed the widgets with a wink. Hopping over the ledge of his stall, he quickly grabbed a set of wooden poles and set them up with the sailcoth attached to them. "Fire away. By the way, the five widgets was for the poles. It's not easy telling suckers to get those."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 21:35:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Delarix): "Aye, Captain," Delarix said, "You can leave it to me."Delarix knashed his teeth and ground the flint in his mouth, then took a deep breath and exhaled a gigantic burst of fire utterly and entirely engulfed Leddels.OOC: I mean "Engulfed" as in "Surrounded". Just to avoid confusion.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 21:38:41 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Sorry for largely being non-existent, last few weeks I've had SAT's and now finals, plus I got a little hooked on Aion at one point. (Still hooked on Aion)IC:

- Anavel -

The fact that Anavel had kept her peace for so long was unusual, especially to those that knew her any. Regardless, she just quietly sauntered along with the small group, her eyes primarily busy watching the clouds wrap and warp about in the sky, she likely busying her mind with picking out new and different shapes she could see. Despite her often morbid artistic interests, Anavel was one of the few people who could genuinely see beauty in the most ordinary thing, from trees, to flowers, to acts of crime and to battle and execution of murder. As an artist, anything that took a particular finesse, grace and calculation and effort interested her, unless mathematics was put in front of her nose. For now she stayed quiet, not too interested in Septimus."Ooooh, that's a pretty cloud," she mumbled quietly, watching as one of the white manifestations of water vapor curled about itself smoothly.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 21:48:28 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Solaris knew something was wrong. But he slept on anyways. Something was always wrong, why should this be any different?When Mip woke up (was he awake?) he found himself on a stone slab in the middle of the jungle. Was he still on the islet with Solaris and Kahua? Why couldn't he speak? Oh, Karz, he messed up, big-time."So you are one of the pesky Toa that has killed many of my brothers," boomed a powerful, somehow dark voice.Mip looked up to see a Rahkshi of Mind Control standing over him. He looked closely at the Kraata. Oh Mata Nui, it was purple. It was a Level 7! What more, it seemed to know Makuta quite well. Rahkshi didn't speak unless the Makuta made them."You have no need to answer," the Rahkshi laughed. "For now, I will take what I need." He quickly plunged the tip of his staff into Mip's chest. You are Toa Miptel of Ta... Ko-Koro? A scholar? Why that's not very Ta-Toa-ish of you at all. A foreign assassin, betrayal, and now money. Your mind spins quite a tale, Miptel. Now I will ask you to leave."Mip silently spat and shook his head no.The Rahkshi swung his staff, hitting Mip in the head.Mip lay in the dirt, unable to scream. Instead, he built up his elemental power. The Rahkshi gathered in the clearing stared down at the tiny Toa, wondering what he was going to do next. The fire inside him increased until he was smoking. Confused screams filled the air. Finally, Mip sent a wheel of flames at the nearby Rahkshi in all directions, knocking them all down.Mip ran off into the woods, hoping he would find his friends with a pack of angry, burnt Rahkshi behind him.

• Edited on 2011-12-12 21:50:32 by Solaris: Toa of Insanity
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 22:07:14 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Stannis, where's Stannis XD.IC Salvinn"Great just follow me," Salvinn then once more set off towards the restaurant, however after just a few minutes of weaving through the crowd in the marketplace, Salvinn bumped into someone. "Apologies miss," he then noticed that it was Cersei. "Ah there you are, I was just coming back to the Restaurant, I need my bow." Salvinn held out his hand. "Oh hey Sep, having fun?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 23:16:01 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kahua woke up. It was morning. "Hey...Solaris. Wake up. It's morning. Guess Mip pulled an all-nighter on that watch--" Kahua looked around. "Wait, where is Mip?" He looked down at his body, finding it was bleeding. His mask was gone and his Iron Sand spilled on the opposite side of the room, out of his range. Room? Kahua realized he was chained to a wall, hidden deep in Xa-Koro. A dungeon! "Solaris!" Solaris was on the other side of the room. OOC: I'd assume this would happen if we were ambushed and our watchman was taken.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 23:21:56 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: [Septimus]"Yeah," replied the Plasma Matoran. "It's a rather nice place here."He paused for a moment, before his eyes flashed over towards a stall in the marketplace."Can you guys wait for me? I need to buy something."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 23:23:11 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Lohkar)Lohkar slowly placed a palm over his face."Delarix," he said. "Were you actually listenin' ta what I said?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 23:29:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: As the fire settled down, a shape was seen coming out of it. Grumbling, Leddels crawled out of the fire, the sailcloth unburned and on top of him. Once he was out of the fire, he got up and removed the sailcloth. "Those poles weren't fireproof. Come to think of it, neither am I."OOC: Oh, let's just say Leddels was behind the sailcloth.

• Edited on 2011-12-12 23:33:11 by Progenitus Worldsoul
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 23:30:31 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: :cry: Oh darn! Man I completely misunderstood! I thought sailcloth was some kind of sailor slang! Please forgive me PW!IC(Delarix): "Sorry, Sir?" Delarix asked, letting the fire stop.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-12 23:41:34 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: No, I was actually shopping XDIC (Lohkar)"Ah well, no 'arm done, then," Lohkar said. "An' consider me impressed, mate. 'Ow much ta rig up me ship with some o' this? She's a three-master, an' it might be worth 'avin' spares."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-13 00:43:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: You got a point...IC: Solaris's eyes opened, slowly. Where was his mask? His trusty sword? Why was he chained to a wall? Where was he? At least Kahua was here."Karz," he growled. "The Rahkshi got us, didn't they." He spat on the ground. Blood. Apparently he was given a good beating before he came here.Mip ran back to the campfire. It was morning. And they were gone. A note?We have your comrades. Nice try, Matoran.Mip through the note on the ground. So the Rahkshi were smart enough to drag Solaris and Kahua to their cave. All he needed to do was find them.Ironic how the runt of the trio has to rescue the warriors.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-13 01:24:27 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Leddels considered Lohkar for a minute. He didn't look like a sucker. "Fifty widgets a sail. A hundred and fifty total." His eyes turned to Captain Doomslayer. "As for you, how would you like..." He ducked under his stand for about five minutes, then returned with a plush of the captain. "This?"IC: Meanwhile, Arzanyos had silently disappeared. He now reappeared next to Lohkar, having thought of a new excuse for looking at the package. "Cap'n, I need to see what's inside that package. See, I'm about to go do my Naming Day shopping, and I can't get you something you already have, so I'll need to see that to make sure I don't accidentally buy it for you." It wasn't actually true, as he had just finished his Naming Day shopping, but it was worth a shot.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-13 01:40:17 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: The Captain grinned. "Good sir, I do think I should ask: How much?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-13 02:29:30 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Leddels grinned a grin only a used Ussal salesman could pull off. "Depends on how much you have."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-13 02:39:10 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: "Argh. Well, if Mip rescues us I'll start respecting him..." He realized that Mip was probably taken too, due to his weakness. Or were they beating him for information? "We gotta get out of here." He repelled the shackles around his wrists to make them explode, but they held firm. He never did have magnetic force THAT strong. "Karz...you got any ideas? And a bit of advice, don't shock the chains."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-13 02:49:51 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Solaris squinted begrudgingly."I got nothin'," he sighed at last. "Hundreds of years of combat against so many foes. I defeated an army of Vortixx single-handedly, and even went up against a crooked... remember Ghar-Knel's master? Yeah, him. And now we're going to rot in a stinking Rahkshi prison! Karz."He sunk hopelessly to the floor.Mip ran through the jungle of the Xa-Koro islet. They can't have gone far. There was a chittering off to his right. Rahkshi."Good night you friend napping Makuta-spawn," he growled readying his axe.He charged out of the grove and silenced the beast before it could scream for help.And it was guarding a door.Mip; 1. Rahkshi... well, 3. But that would change.He blew the door open and torched whatever was inside. There came a screeching from the tunnel. Now he had their attention.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-13 02:50:00 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: The Captain's face lost his grin. What was he to do?Wait...The grin reappeared.TIEM 2 IMPROVEIZ."One throwing knife," he said firmly, holding up said loot while taking care to keep its very tip concealed by his thumb. "Protosteel. Ta-koroan make. Weighted perfectly. Worth 500 widgets."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-13 02:54:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Leddels shook his head. "I've seen that trick a hundred times. It's probably blunt beyond all repair. I'll tell you what though. I'll take a zamor launcher for this, even a broken one."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-13 04:18:53 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kahua looked around. He had one idea. "I've heard Lightning and Magnetism can combine."OOC: Electromagnets. Heheh, I just thought of this one.IC: "If we combine our powers, your lightning will become magnetic. With your range and my powers, we could get my Iron Sands back." Kahua sent some energy. "Combine your energy with this!"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-13 09:45:56 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Lohkar)Lohkar was careful to keep his thoughts concealed.Hundred and fifty widgets to rig the Infernavika with fireproof sails? That's a bargain!"Well," he said, "it's a little steep, but...I'll take it."He dropped a sack of widgets on the stall, just as Arzanyos once again tried to find out what Lohkar's package was.Lohkar chuckled."Believe me, this is one-of-a-kind. No need ta worry - ya won't find one o' these in any Xa-Koro shop."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-13 14:05:50 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:OdhranOdhran and his crew arrived at the Kumu Islets. "Draebe! Set us down over there!" he called, pointing towards a spot that most people didn't visit. "Hopefully nobody will steal our ship this time!"OOC:Odhran's Crew from Ga-Koro. Hello Ghosthands, care to have the two pirates meet?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-13 15:55:53 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Draebe): "Okay. Here we go." As he docked, he also riled up the waters around the boat, to make it harder to approach. Easy to get out, hard to get in without a toa of water. "Now, it should be hard for anyone to even get near the ship."IC(LE): The toa slapped the sailor. "Now, do I have to make myself clear? We are looking for Cardinal Draebe...Not Snacks!" The runabout continued it's course towards the Kumu Islets Westernmost isle.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-13 18:07:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC:

IC:OdhranOdhran and his crew arrived at the Kumu Islets. "Draebe! Set us down over there!" he called, pointing towards a spot that most people didn't visit. "Hopefully nobody will steal our ship this time!"OOC:Odhran's Crew from Ga-Koro. Hello Ghosthands, care to have the two pirates meet?

Not at all ;)Should be interesting...any thoughts as to the circumstances?Sorry for the all-OOC, by the way, but Lohkar needs other characters to respond before he does anything.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-13 21:25:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I.C. Tradoris"Fair winds for your raids." Tradoris said as he watched the brown skakdi leave."Well. Surprisingly enough, not even the Kumu Islets has enough evil to spare for a crime gang. I guess I'll try some place else."OOC:Open for interaction

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-13 21:29:32 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Leddels decided to make another offer to the Captain. "Tell you what. You said that dagger was worth five hundred widgets. Go sell it at another stall, and bring me the five hundred widgets." He then turned back to Lohkar. "What size sails do you need? Once you tell me, I'll give them to you and you can be on your way."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-13 21:35:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: The Captain saluted. "YESSIR!" He then ran off.Approximately five minutes and a few attempts at barding later, Doomslayer walked back. His pack sagged heavily from the mass within.Grinning, Aki pulled out a pouch bulging with widgets and gave it to the Le-matoran while he grabbed the plush with his other hand and hugged it to his chest. "SAH-WEET!," he crowed.OOC: Yes, he just scared off a few stall-owners in an attempt to sell the knife to them and ended up looting the money left behind. If you dislike that, then we'll just say he shot them while singing and strumming to distract and conceal his true intentions, then looted. -The Fearless Leader

• Edited on 2011-12-13 21:38:28 by The Fearless Leader
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-13 21:40:37 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Lohkar)Lohkar clapped his hand onto the shoulder of one of his crew, pulling him over."This 'ere's Tellus, me shipwright," he said. "He'll tell ya the specifications."OOC: Your cue, Cadias.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-12-13 21:42:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: No, it's fine.IC: Leddels laughed heartily. "Enjoy your purchase." Inside, he was just as happy as on the outside. Finding a sucker was like finding widgets. Actually, in his line of work, finding a sucker was finding widgets.

• Tags: