Bzprpg News And Discussion

N&D
A banner for the topic
  • Posted 2011-10-18 16:56:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • just wondering, can my turaga suddenly explode? because without the whole toa stone backstory, he has no purpose.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 16:58:35 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Most people just remove the profile and let the character evaporate into the ether. There are about a million and one different ways to get rid of a character, including having them assassinated by another player. :w:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 17:01:16 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • well i know that, but i want mine to explode in a fireball and be wiped from existense. o wait, someone was playing with explosives, ill pm him

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 17:53:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • The Murderer? I moved Mirr there to indirectly manipulate the Murderer.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 17:59:28 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Hey, I just wondered whether Makuta can speak telepathically to PCs, tormenting them and such? Not to effect the story of the RPG but just the character.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 18:04:29 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I'm fairly certain no one but the staff is allowed to use the Makuta. :w:

• Edited on 2011-10-18 18:04:46 by Lloyd: the White Wolf
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 18:06:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ah okay, I'll just put him through a bit of a mental breakdown :P

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 18:50:13 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Most people just remove the profile and let the character evaporate into the ether. There are about a million and one different ways to get rid of a character, including having them assassinated by another player. :w:

I give assassination services at a reasonable discount, if anyone requires.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 18:53:01 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Since money isn't an object in this game, I don't think we have to worry about that. If we're giving sales pitches, I can custom-design an assassination for you to make it either obviously an assassination or simply an accident. Having someone who can make their target choke on air is handy. :w:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 19:06:37 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Since money isn't an object in this game, I don't think we have to worry about that. If we're giving sales pitches, I can custom-design an assassination for you to make it either obviously an assassination or simply an accident. Having someone who can make their target choke on air is handy. :w:

Anything he can do I can do better. We also do assassin assassinations, if you are concerned with unwanted assassination.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 19:11:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Um, Av and Kra Matoran are not the only ones with powers. What do you call a resistance to fire?And what is the point on disallowing Toa stone if there are already plenty of Toa just moving around the island? You just put the whole thing in the backstory and somehow that makes it all better. Sorry, something just seems off to me.

• Edited on 2011-10-18 19:11:42 by Titan of Energy
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 19:15:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Toa-ing is a reward for Matoran characters. That's why Toa Stones are not allowed. Re: Counter-assassining: That's called a proactive bodyguard. :w:

• Edited on 2011-10-18 19:16:30 by Lloyd: the White Wolf
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 19:24:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Twiak and relentlessly slaughter somebody and then feast on their corpse if you want.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 21:06:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Would anyone be interested in joing a group who try to take over the island dubbed the League of Shadows?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 21:10:51 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • snapback.pngGhosthands, on Oct 18 2011 - 03:47 AM, said:snapback.pngKakaru, on Oct 18 2011 - 12:20 AM, said:I'm playing as a lazy Toa who won't use either of his powers, a Toa who's really bad at using his powers, has a broken mask of repair and a soft spot for kittens, and an Archivist who might be able to beat up a small ussal if he got really mad at it.Quite a switch from my generic overpowered-martial-arts-master-stealth-assassin-revenge-driven-emo-punk-with-mental-issues that I used in the last game I played. Fighting just gets boring so it's nice to force myself to play otherwise.Also, irrelevant question that nobody will care about: is the ever-popular three-way arena spectator sport around at this time? I thought only Koli existed, since Kolhii was introduced with the '03 Matoran upgrades, and since we've established that the Bohrok haven't been awakened, ergo no upgrade...Yes, we're playing Kolhii as well as Koli, and we know it's allowed because Joske is the main one doind it XDI think, for reasons unrevealed, we're allowed to be 01- or 03-build.Correct on both counts. BOTH forms of Koli/Kohlii are played across the island, and matoran can be either '01 or '03 build for sake of simplicity, flexibility, and creativity.Toa StonesBlarg, here we go again ;) Official stance, no negotiations: Toa stone DO exist, but they are EXTREMELY rare, rare to the point that the vast majority of the population (or about 99%) will never see, let alone touch one. The biggest reason is a reward for exceptional player/RPing/character development that catches the eye of one of the staffies OR recommended by peers. There are dozen of other rewards we are prepared to give those who play well, but that is the biggest one and aimed specifically at matoran characters. In an effort though NOT to stifle creativity TOO much, as with any special item or power you may approach myself or another staff member for permission to use/have one. This is not to say we will, and nine out of ten times we will say no, but if you give a compelling argument we just might. As said earlier there are rules regarding toa stones, either in the rules or in an official posting, which I believe is talked about in the first post of this topic. Regardless its talked about somewhere, and has been brought up several times, every time the same answer: Unless given by staff or permission therein, sorry, no toa stones.Second-Option RPing.Ok, so we all know that this is a sandbox-style RPG, where most of heroes, villains, and events are player-driven with Staff oversight mo make sure the rules are followed and everyone plays fair. This is due to the overwhelming requests over the years, so knock yourselves out. There is however a significant portion of you who want to have some sort of over-arching canon-like story, something to drive this game in a certain direction and who want to be involved in THAT kind of RPing.Well here ya go. I will give you several warning ahead of time: it will not be easy. A lot will require digging, both in-game AND research out-of-game in regards to canon to figure out; I will give only the bare minimum of requirements, nothing more. You guys want to figure out Makuta's game plan? Well, you're going to have to earn it. This is where the Staff Quests come in: they are the best way (but NOT guaranteed) to either get a major push, clue, or item that will help unravel this mystery. And in the rar-aherrm, I mean quite possible case of someone figuring it all out, it needs be be done in sequence...Which means it will take a while. Oh yeah, one other thing - if you choose to do this "second-option" RPing instead of the massive free-for-all, there is another condition that will apply. Some of you- May die. But that is a chance - I - am willing to take. *thunderous applause* If you decide to pursue this option, you need to know going in your character may not come out alive. For every adventure there is a risk, and that is one of many things that might befall your character. The rewards however are well worth the risk, trust me ;) That should be all the updates for now. If you have questions about any of the above now would be the time to ask.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 21:11:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Um, Av and Kra Matoran are not the only ones with powers. What do you call a resistance to fire?And what is the point on disallowing Toa stone if there are already plenty of Toa just moving around the island? You just put the whole thing in the backstory and somehow that makes it all better. Sorry, something just seems off to me.

thats what i thought @ FT: *dances infornt of webcam* ah, finally. i like some kind of goal, that really drives the game. for instance, what would lego universe be without the maelstrom?

• Edited on 2011-10-18 21:16:26 by bulik
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 21:15:10 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • If you have questions about any of the above now would be the time to ask.

Only "How do I sign up" :P

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 21:15:29 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Whoops, accidental post.

• Edited on 2011-10-18 21:15:47 by Ghosthands
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 21:19:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • On the Makuta quest, I'm assuming we're allotted a limited number of attempts at it, so as to prevent people from spamming it with disposible characters?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 21:20:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Wait, PC mortality? I might just get involved. Exactly what level of mortality are we dealing with? :w:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 21:21:36 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ah nuts, my character: Snelly, is so gonna join this second RP stuff, it wouldn't make sense for him not to. So, ya, when I character finally gets out of his current mess, maybe he'll pay a visit to Turaga Matau or something...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 21:35:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I understand that in this RPG Toa Stones are gifts for staff if they see something they want to reward, but I was wondering how Toa are even around if Toa Stones are nearly forbidden? I guess it just doesn't matter.

• Edited on 2011-10-18 21:37:20 by Titan of Energy
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 21:40:56 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • O_O PLOOOOOT!!!!I am all for sandbox, but every now and again I'd like to do a plot driving quest. I'm in. Well, Fehdran, Jindambo, and CynteK are in at least. Yakuzan is jsut a traveling musician/merchant and Syzzero just makes things so maybe not those 2. And DEFINITELY not Pragma. I only gave him weapons so he wouldn't die when caught unarmed. XDMaybe the new characters I just got approved? I'll go post there profiles now and see if they can do anything plot-ful.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 21:41:33 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I understand that in this RPG Toa Stones are gifts for staff if they see something they want to reward, but I was wondering how Toa are even around if Toa Stones are nearly forbidden? I guess it just doesn't matter.

It's not that Toa Stones haven't existed, or been rare in the literal sense. It's the use of Toa Stones in-game that is restricted, because of their power as a character-development tool. They are rare in the sense of the game, not the game-world.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 21:44:56 UTC
    View post on BZP

In this game, actually getting a Toa Stone means the staff went "We like you, here, have something so everyone else knows it." It can also mean they gave you permission to use one in your personal plot which can also mean they like you. If a character is a Toa, they are simply Toa's, not special Staff-born Toa's. Difference is the prestige and honor that goes with it Out Of Character. In-game it's not a big deal, but OOC? It's amazing.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 21:59:45 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • gah. i can't wait to go to le-wahi and buy a kahu. i hope this second-option rpg involve dogfights :D

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 22:09:05 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Is the Murderer in Onu-Koro still near where the investigators are? orhas he moved?

• Edited on 2011-10-18 22:15:31 by Toa Kethrye
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 22:20:01 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Well that changes everything. :POnly concern is that if Takua ever shows his face, he's gonna get swamped by a LOT of players all at once. A lot like Joske did the last re-boot although maybe even at a larger scale. Probably. :P-Snipe

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 22:21:39 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Pretty much. I may be too paranoid from playing other RPGs, but I suspect that the Matoran who saw this go down might not be Takua. :w:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 22:29:29 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • probably takua. well, i hope its takua. wait, he said he didnt want them to find out the secret, what secret? this may regard the toa, amybe the got turned evil or into rahi! the latter would be random, but, makuta could have infected them with shadow :

• Edited on 2011-10-18 22:31:05 by bulik
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 22:31:31 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Hmm. I'll be staying deep in the free-for-all for now. I dunno if I have the time or characters for ze plotz. :(

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 22:33:58 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Well he was the one that documented the Toa fight Makuta, but since this is an alternate universe Takua might have never gone down below at all.That would be quite the curve ball. :P-Snipe

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 22:35:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Or he brought someone with him. There's a lot of ways this could have gone down and I like keeping my options open. :w:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 22:35:55 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Eh, as far as we know, the Toa didn't combine their powers to defeat Makuta like they did at the end of MNOLG, and, without this idea, they just ended up collapsing a large part of Mangaia.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 22:38:35 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • FT said something about staff quests. when will these happen? what are they? do they implement RAMA SWARMS :biggrin: EDIT: ugh, i hate the feeling that im being watched

• Edited on 2011-10-18 23:03:43 by bulik
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 22:46:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Come to think of it, there are quite a few ways that could have worked out.-Snipe

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 23:10:45 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • If you have questions about any of the above now would be the time to ask.

Only "How do I sign up" :PThere is no "sign up"; you simply join in or not, participate in the current objective and then move on if that's you're style. The way I'm molding htis is that in the Index topic I will ad a new post: "Makuta's Plan" Underneath will by a brief synopsis of the current state of this story. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE understand this will mostly be PLAYER knowledge, not CHARACTER knowledge; if group A talked to Turaga Nokama and learned that the key to the temple is located where the riddle states, unless you were there upon that revelation you don't know. Now if you happen upon that group or somehow get Nokama to tell you as well without breaking the fourth wall your character will then know as well. In other words there will need to be a lot of player-coordination if you want help or to move things along. To continue this thought-

On the Makuta quest, I'm assuming we're allotted a limited number of attempts at it, so as to prevent people from spamming it with disposible characters?

Yes and no; I will judge my your Role Playing. Obviously if you destroyed what you needed then there is no second try (or if you died in the process), but for most things you should be able have multiple attempt, though you may suffer adverse effects. Point is, and lot of this will be very specific details, reactions, emotions, virtues, and the like I am looking for, so unless your character displays these AND HONESTLY, as well as come across the information HONESTLY, you won't get what you want/need. Period. But yes in essence you are correct.

Wait, PC mortality? I might just get involved. Exactly what level of mortality are we dealing with? :w:

Generally unless you pull the boner of the century, most of the time you're alright. The closer you get to a goal, or the more important the objective is, the mortality rate will generally rise as well to the point of key riddles, feats, or words would result in death, no retry. I mean Makuta doesn't WANT you to save the island, so the closer you get to stopping him, the harder he will make it. Also Lloyd, you as usual get the bonus points for thinking critically. Now I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but you are approaching this correctly: you have been given VERY basic information, and without details it's impossible to make an informed guess. Now there are indications on who it might be, but you never know, maybe it wasn't the butler who done it. And if I'm also reading him right that is strictly player knowledge; no-one "bugged" Makuta's thoughts, so you guys are more or less gonna have to stumble into this, and he is no doubt formulating a plan to obtain that information. And as I said the best start to get anywhere would be staff-given quests. Welcome back Lloyd, I've set out the chessboard. Let the games begin :evilgrin:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 23:14:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • And as I said the best start to get anywhere would be staff-given quests.

which I haven't seen any of when will there be a staff-quest?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 23:16:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • So, if I just walk up to a Turaga in a koro or something and ask a staff to RP them, is that how we'd start a staff quest? That's what I'm assuming.

• Tags: