Bionifight Infinite Discussion

bionifight ooc
A vista of Kini-Nui from the Mata Nui Online Game
  • Posted 2015-02-06 08:24:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • That relieves my conscious a good bit.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 08:39:36 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • So what happens after the fight is over?

Will everyone still have the injuries they received in the battle, or do they all get magically insta-healed?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 08:46:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Wouldn't that be interesting to find out :evil:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 09:01:19 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I pretty sure if you ask Zelnos nicely he'll help you out with that. :D

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 09:18:35 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • So question: how alike is this simulated Ihu to the real Ihu? Because I've just realised that, as Olari lives in the actual Mt Ihu she might be able to recognise various landmarks and locations and use them to her advantage

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 09:21:19 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I was wondering the same. Dayeth has fought campaigns up on the mountain, although obviously the villages and outposts she helped invade don't exist in this version of Ihu. Presumably Olari's village isn't there either. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 09:21:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • My guess would be as close as they could make it to the real one, minus structural landmarks.

• Edited on 2015-02-06 09:22:25 by Shadow_Ignited
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 09:22:32 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Which real one? If Ihu is different in each reality, then which version is this arena based on? 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 09:28:05 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Why is it called "Mt. Ihu" in the first place? Why can't it just be some generic, snowy mountain?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 09:31:34 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • It's Mt. Ihu from the island of Mata Nui where the ko-matoran live.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 11:15:56 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • So what happens after the fight is over?

Will everyone still have the injuries they received in the battle, or do they all get magically insta-healed?

Everyone will be almost completely healed when returning due to the Infinite System. It'd be interesting to see everyone retain their wounds, but not really practical, since I'm sure some people's "knockouts" are going to be lethal.

So question: how alike is this simulated Ihu to the real Ihu? Because I've just realised that, as Olari lives in the actual Mt Ihu she might be able to recognise various landmarks and locations and use them to her advantage

It's a slightly-scaled-down version of the Mt. Ihu you'd see in the Prime Reality (Bionicle canon), sans Matoran establishments.

Why is it called "Mt. Ihu" in the first place? Why can't it just be some generic, snowy mountain?

Because Mt. Ihu sounds better than Snowy Mountain, and Mahri Nui sounds better than Underwater Village.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 11:22:06 UTC
    View post on BZP
  •  

So what happens after the fight is over?

Everyone will be almost completely healed when returning due to the Infinite System. It'd be interesting to see everyone retain their wounds, but not really practical, since I'm sure some people's "knockouts" are going to be lethal.

I assumed as much, but in regards to any character/s who survive the fight without getting KO'd; their injuries will also be healed upon leaving the arena?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 11:58:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Okay! I have awoken and I am ready to fight! (Cue Smash Bros 4 music)

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 12:22:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Okay! I have awoken and I am ready to fight! (Cue Smash Bros 4 music)

Ditto. Except for the music. :P

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 12:33:31 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Oh hey you guys, what's been happening since last night when I left–

Oh.

Looks like I've got a lot of reading to do.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 15:36:05 UTC
    View post on BZP
  •  

I assumed as much, but in regards to any character/s who survive the fight without getting KO'd; their injuries will also be healed upon leaving the arena?

Yes.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 15:47:39 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Volitak, I feel I should mention that the combatants sided with Artorre outnumber those sided with Hound 5:2, with your addition. Of course, there's no way your character could know this, and Hound's side was first to attack, in the first place, so your character is still welcome. :P

Edit: Oh, and whoever asked about battles, I'm thinking about making a list of who's currently fighting who! To start it off, I'll add my own characters' fights.

Vagust

Hound

Artorre

Viitka

Lekona

Elittra

Xira

Zangah

Anna

Virnar

Shixahl

*Snaps fingers*

• Edited on 2015-02-06 16:00:16 by Colonel Roy Mustang
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 17:30:10 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • We gonna address how Halmos dodged an attack he couldn't possibly hear or see coming?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 17:35:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Okay, I'm confused; I wasn't on when the fight began. Does this mean my characters are still allowed to join the fight, or are they automatically knocked out?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 17:48:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Okay, I'm confused; I wasn't on when the fight began. Does this mean my characters are still allowed to join the fight, or are they automatically knocked out?

Just drop right in.

It's what everybody else has been doing.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 17:49:24 UTC
    View post on BZP

If you had characters in the game before the round began, then they have automatically been teleported into the arena. Just have them pop in wherever.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 17:56:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • On the subject of Hound's speed, I have three points against it.

The first is that the ability to move 'far faster than the eye can perceive' is something that can only, I imagine, occur once a Kakama user has built up speed. I'm no expert on physics, but I'm fairly certain that bodies tend to accelerate, rather than instantly achieving a certain speed.

The second is the concept of accelerating an attack with the Kakama (or Kakama-level speed); it just doesn't work. At the speed the accelerated body would be moving (especially were it such a speed as would allow that body to vanish from sight), sudden contact with another, not accelerated body would be devastating, likely killing both parties instantly.

The third is from the same page you cite to support Hound's ability: "When using the Kakama, details and features around the user blur and fade from view."

What's more, besides all of these reasons why someone cannot employ such speed in a combat setting, there is the overarching reason that it is massively OP.

*Snaps fingers*

• Edited on 2015-02-06 17:57:33 by Colonel Roy Mustang
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 18:12:10 UTC
    View post on BZP
  •  

IC: Prose/Mount Ihu, Fighting Kopen and Kale with Iskane

I landed on my feet a few bios away from the Matoran and her new found ally. I turned to my own.

"By the way, I'm Prose, Rahkshi of Prosperity. And it looks like we'll, or rather you'll need some more energy if you wanna defeat them."

I activated my power, focusing it on the Vortixx. I then took Excavator in both hands to prepare for battle.

One of that pair is currently hidden in the snow and the other just plain can not be seen.

Even if Prose was somehow able to instantly locate Kopen he would not know that she now has help.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 18:18:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • To add to Mustang's points, I'll point out that trying to move at ludicrous speeds while on rough, rocky terrain that also happens to be covered in slippery ice and claggy snow is a surefire route to a fall and a faceplant. And you really don't want to faceplant at superspeed...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 18:23:56 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Whoops, that case i can edit accordingly after arctic

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 18:26:40 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ill fix that too.

Hey Ultimo, Kuro had approached you and Sido a few posts earlier.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 18:27:06 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • If you could that would be great. My post might have been a bit unclear but Kale is currently invisible.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 18:31:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Well. I didn't see that. Luckily,my post sorta plays into it. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 18:33:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Hey, if anybody wants to help Buzzz he really needs it.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 18:41:50 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Hey, if anybody wants to help Buzzz he really needs it.

Honestly, I like Buzzz, and I'm rooting for him in the long term now that I've made him Zephyr's first target. I just want Zeph to win this battle more =p

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 18:42:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Got ya, but I won't nesecearaly cooperate.

• Edited on 2015-02-06 18:43:15 by Smudge8
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 18:45:07 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Well yeah, no, I don't think anyone wants their fights to be thrown to make their characters win more easily. I know I don't. It's sort of a disservice to everyone involved, but the loser most of all, when their character is told to throw themselves under the bus for someone else's glory.

Doubly so for Zeph, who deserves no glory, but I'm going to win him as much as I can before he dies horrifically.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 18:47:22 UTC
    View post on BZP
  •  

Hey, if anybody wants to help Buzzz he really needs it.

Honestly, I like Buzzz, and I'm rooting for him in the long term now that I've made him Zephyr's first target. I just want Zeph to win this battle more =p

Pretty much how I feel. Also making bug zapper comments is fun, but yeah.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 18:48:49 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • The Queen will be looking for 2-3 fighters to aid her in a little quest once the first round is completed aside from Albrecht (if he agrees) and Von Worten; are there any takers? I can have the Queen contact your fighters once they're eliminated/the round ends.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 18:50:16 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Nocton would.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 18:50:22 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I'm glad to see people like my character.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 18:50:28 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Xaeraz would take her up on the offer. He prefers to not fight if possible, so doing things outside the arena is something he figures is preferable.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 18:50:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • The Queen will be looking for 2-3 fighters to aid her in a little quest once the first round is completed aside from Albrecht (if he agrees) and Von Worten; are there any takers? I can have the Queen contact your fighters once they're eliminated/the round ends.

I offer Lytrel.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 18:52:50 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ferronox would

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-06 18:54:29 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I offer Ezezko if shenanigans are possible.

• Tags: