Bionifight Infinite Discussion

bionifight ooc
A vista of Kini-Nui from the Mata Nui Online Game
  • Posted 2015-02-07 23:27:18 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Awwwww. That sucks. Can I at least pacify it long enough to get it to attack someone else?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-07 23:29:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Awwwww. That sucks. Can I at least pacify it long enough to get it to attack someone else?

Well, that would be a question for Chro. But this Tarakava seems pretty miffed.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-07 23:36:35 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Level seven Rahkshi peace powers do pack a punch. If they were on BS01, it would probably say something like "Able to pacify the most enraged of Rahi," rather than "Has the power to turn the Toa Nuva against each other in rage."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-07 23:39:28 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • But this is a staff miniboss. It's probably protected by the Enforcer from being easily taken down with pacification rays.

Or.... if it wasn't.... it probably is now that I've said that. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-07 23:41:31 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Thanks, Roman. Thanks for ruining any possible chance for me

• Edited on 2015-02-07 23:43:17 by ArcticFreeze17
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 00:07:50 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Crusty fighting Olari, on mobile. Also, I'm thinking this fight will need to end soon. They can't go on falling for much longer.

IC: Crusty

Crusty, completely oblivious to Olari's latest move, upped their speed by a huge amount, taking them through the sound barrier. As a sonic boom echoed throughout the arena, the pressure wave blasted Olari's rods far away, leaving the Toa and the Manas completely unprotected as they plummeted towards the icy ground.

Er...what? Sorry but I'm going to have to request an edit for this.

Your original falling post stated that they had very little time to reach the ground. Like, nigh-instant impact. Its why I didn't have Olari simply fly off. Because there was no time to do so. Yet now we're...still falling? And you've got time to continuously up the acceleration?

And speaking of that acceleration, pretty sure that goes beyond what Crusty's speed power is capable of. I mean, supersonic speed in general is something that doesn't seem to exist in Bionicle, be it Kanohi like the Kakama or actual jets like the Rockoh T3, and Crusty's power is stated to be in bursts. Which sort of implies he can do short periods of speed, not continually up and up it as far as he likes.

Finally, and I will admit now I could be wrong on this, but from what I can tell the effects of a pressure wave wouldn't be enough to undo the effects of a powerful magnetic field. On the fair chance my few minutes of looking into this is wrong though I will ask that, if the pressure wave was that strong, how did it not also disintegrate Crusty? I also kind of make an objection to use of an autohit to completely disarm my character, but physics comes first :P

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 00:38:13 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Okay, I'll edit it in the morning. But how, may I ask, if they're falling that fast, did Olari have time to get the metal rods out in the first place? And also, I would say that Fa-Toa aren't powerful enough to create magnetic fields strong enough to stop a multiple-tonne falling war-crab. Although the rods keeping Olari in the air would probably be able to keep her up, I argue that the ones taking the brunt of the impact would at least give way enough to cause some damage by crushing to Olari as well as drilling a decent sized hole into Crusty's armour and dealing a lot of structural damage to him. Plus, I could raise the point of Olari landing on Crusty being an autohit, and if I did that could clear this whole falling mess up and reset our characters to before the fall.

• Edited on 2015-02-08 00:39:45 by Miras: Makuta of Awesome
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 00:57:30 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • But how, may I ask, if they're falling that fast, did Olari have time to get the metal rods out in the first place?

They're in a quiver on her back. They're already facing down (because she is) all they have to do is fall slightly faster than Crusty and Olari were. And its not like she was getting them out and positioning them individually and by hand, she got magnetism to do it for her.

And also, I would say that Fa-Toa aren't powerful enough to create magnetic fields strong enough to stop a multiple-tonne falling war-crab.

At no point do I say she's stopping Crusty. The poles keep her safe by cracking and breaking the parts of Crusty's shell that they connect with, turning into shrapnel that hits Olari rather than a solid crab

Although the rods keeping Olari in the air would probably be able to keep her up, I argue that the ones taking the brunt of the impact would at least give way enough to cause some damage by crushing to Olari as well as drilling a decent sized hole into Crusty's armour and dealing a lot of structural damage to him.

Why would they cause crushing damage to Olari? Even if we say they bend, which they probably will, its not like they're all going to converge on a single point. 

Oh, and the 'drilling' here is what I mean with the above post. Its like...you know how Superman might stop a bus by just putting a hand out, and there's nothing but a dent? Yeah, in real life his hand is going straight through that bus like a harpoon. Thats sort of the effect the poles are having here, they're causing enough breakage so nothing really solid hits Olari

Plus, I could raise the point of Olari landing on Crusty being an autohit, and if I did that could clear this whole falling mess up and reset our characters to before the fall.

As a matter of fact you did raise that issue in a post, to which I responded in the Skype chat asking if you would like me to edit befire I made any further posts. You said you were fine. So not really sure this is relevant

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 01:02:16 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • As a matter of fact you did raise that issue in a post, to which I responded in the Skype chat asking if you would like me to edit befire I made any further posts. You said you were fine. So not really sure this is relevant

Tis true. I bore witness. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 01:31:58 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Yooooooooooo uh

Hey

Ghidora?

Can I just say a little...something about your fight with Zakaro? By now, you should be out of the fight. Getting punched in the gut by a Pakari-boosted punch is very damaging. Coupling that with a headbutt should take you right out of the fight as well. Even if he wasn't out of it by then, he shouldn't be completely a-okay and able to aim a gun so well after being bashed in the forehead. That's gonna cause dizziness, more than enough to throw off gun aim. Maybe not enough to completely disorient and cause both parties to be unable to walk, but still make it much harder to properly aim a gun.

Just my two cents.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 01:34:18 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • He never got hit in the head. And the Magma Gear is huge. It's hard to miss with a gun/energy grappler like that.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 01:36:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • He never got hit in the head. And the Magma Gear is huge. It's hard to miss with a gun/energy grappler like that.

H2iLDxi.png

The size of the gun doesn't matter. And it's hard to dodge being hit in the head when someone is holding you down with both of their arms. You didn't even mention dodging the attack, either.

• Edited on 2015-02-08 01:37:20 by Ehksidian
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 01:38:17 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Um, yes I did. How can you bite at someone's neck if their head is in the way?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 01:39:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • He should have been hit in the head. You chose to completely ignore that attack and carry on as if your guy was fine.

Well, here's a news flash for you buddy: 

Choosing not to acknowledge an attack does not mean it didn't happen. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 01:40:18 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Well, you're one to talk.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 01:42:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Um, yes I did. How can you bite at someone's neck if their head is in the way?

That doesn't change the fact you didn't even acknowledge the fact it happened. And the head isn't in the way of the neck, last time I checked. It's on top. Unless you were trying to bite through his head and get the top of the neck, you still, probably, would have been able to somehow painfully contort yourself to bite his neck.

Or headbutt him back.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 01:45:28 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Well, you're one to talk.

And what exactly does that mean?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 02:31:38 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Current KO's:

Olari - 1 (KO'd Green)

Xara - 3 (KO'd Ferronox, A.D. & Kat)*

Zephyr - 1 (KO'd Buzz)

Kat - 1 (KO'd Sidonas)

Vagust - 2 (KO'd A.D. & Hound)*

Elittra - 2 (KO'd A.D. & Xaeraz)*

Kotak - 1 (KO'd Halmos)

Zakaro - 1 (KO'd Daltahk)**

Cast - 1 (KO'd Kopen)

Kopen - 1 (KO'd Cast)

Limos - 1 (KO'd Xaeraz)

*Xara, Vagust & Elittra were all given credit for the KO of A.D. last night since all three had been attacking him, and he was eliminated thanks to a critical hit from the Enforcer. It was either that or the elimination not counting as a point for anyone at all; the parties involved agreed to all three fighters earning a point for it.

**Zakaro given credit for the KO by the Enforcer.

• Edited on 2015-02-08 05:41:46 by Lucina
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 02:33:33 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Cast and Kopen just KO'd each other.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 02:39:36 UTC
    View post on BZP
  •  

Well, you're one to talk.

And what exactly does that mean?

He's referring to occasions in the past, specifically a recent fight in Corpus, where I'd chosen to ignore or avoid some of his attacks - because they were deemed to be impossible/unrealistic/autohits by myself and the other players involved.

• Edited on 2015-02-08 02:40:28 by Roman Torchwick
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 03:23:16 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ultimo, how did you dodge my rock? Also, your defenses are stripped. The cold and avalanche could easily be fatal for you.

Edit: I ask how because I didn't understand, not saying it wasn't possi b le. Just that your words confused me.

• Edited on 2015-02-08 03:25:26 by Tiragath
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 03:33:24 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Also, your defenses are stripped. The cold and avalanche could easily be fatal for you.

His defenses, not his elemental powers. Unless I misunderstood something about the Uah?

Ultimo, how did you dodge my rock? 

He was still moving when you posted Ez throwing the rock, so Kotak stopped moving, making the rock fall short.

At least, that was my understanding of the situation. 

• Edited on 2015-02-08 03:37:10 by Roman Torchwick
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 03:58:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • ^That's the long and short of it.

He stopped, and the avavlanch moved past him. and the rock got nommed by the avalanche.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 03:59:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I've decided to scrap Achilex and try this guy instead.

Name: Velix

Species: Ve-Toa. Toa of Speed

Power/Weapon 1: Element of Speed. ALlows him to add or drain speed from objects, but not change direction.

Power/Weapon 2: Speed Skates. An oft-used law enforcement tool in his home-universe, these skates channel Velix's Speed powers to allow him to 'skate' about six inches off the ground at extremely high speeds. However, they do not turn or stop well.

Power/Weapon 3: He carries modified disk launcher that launches specially serrated disks with spinning. Velix uses his power to turn these disk into spinning buzzsaws of death by greatly amplifying their rotation. He usually carries three of the special disks.

Appearance: He is relatively small for a Toa, and is colored sand brown and white. His disk launcher is magnetically clipped to his back, along with the disks. AS is the custom with Ve-Toa, his mask is in the shape of a mask that carries some connotation of SPeed, in this case a Kakama.

Bio: Velix was once a police officer of an utopian futuristic world, but one day ended up in Bionifight. He has been through several tournements, and considers it a good things to show newbies(As he calls them) the ropes.

Personality/Other: He speaks in a breezy tone, with a bit of Runtalk, a shorthand used by Ve-Matoran and Toa, opting for efficiency.

• Edited on 2015-05-08 18:50:50 by The Manhunter
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 04:04:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Wait?

Velox?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 04:08:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I thought it sounded familiar, but couldn't place it. Better fix that.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 04:41:02 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • @JiMing: No one likes hyperrealism,

But bullets are just plain stupid in RPGs. In my mind, well-timed weight shifting will always be OK. =P

*Snaps fingers*

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 05:12:47 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I've decided to scrap Achilex and try this guy instead.

Name: Vezolx

Species: Ve-Toa. Toa of Speed

Power/Weapon 1: Element of Speed. ALlows him to add or drain speed from objects, but not change direction.

Power/Weapon 2: Mask of Self-Rotation. Otherwise known as Mask of Tornado. Basically downgraded Spinjitzu in mask form.

Power/Weapon 3: He carries modified disk launcher that launches specially serrated disks with spinning. Vezolx uses his power to turn these disk into spinning buzzsaws of death by greatly amplifying their rotation. He usually carries three of the special disks.

Appearance: He is relatively small for a Toa, and is colored sand brown and white. His disk launcher is magnetically clipped to his back, along with the disks. AS is the custom with Ve-Toa, his mask is in the shape of a mask that carries some connotation of SPeed, in this case a Kakama.

Bio: Velox was once a police officer of an utopian futuristic world, but one day ended up in Bionifight. He has been through several tournements, and considers it a good things to show newbies(As he calls them) the ropes.

Personality/Other: He speaks in a breezy tone, with a bit of Runtalk, a shorthand used by Ve-Matoran and Toa, opting for efficiency.

That's an odd name. Also, he has two names. It says Vezolx, but then later it still says Velox. 

I suppose I'll approve Sir Two Names regardless

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 05:29:24 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • In regards to the Frost Tarakava:

Level seven Rahkshi peace powers do pack a punch. If they were on BS01, it would probably say something like "Able to pacify the most enraged of Rahi," rather than "Has the power to turn the Toa Nuva against each other in rage."

This.

Kuro could definitely get the Tarakava to chill out, but I don't know if it'd be a permanent effect. Besides, that's entirely dependent on whether or not he even encounters it.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 05:40:24 UTC
    View post on BZP
  •  

IC: Xaeraz screamed as the third bolt slammed into him, convulsing in the snow, the inner workings of what was left of his torso falling out from the shaking. Bleary eyed, he glanced up at the sky once more, in time to see the final blow coming. He shut his eyes and looked away as the leg he had lost on his fall came screaming back to earth and buried itself in his head, foot first, making Xaeraz, in all likelihood, the first toa to kick himself to death on accident.

He knew deep in his heart that he would never live that down.

OOC: Xaeraz KO'd. Just not sure if that belongs to Elittra, Limos, or himself, since it was his leg.

(sorry voltex, but that leg did come off for a reason =P)

I think if Limos caused the leg to detach, then it'll count for both Elittra and Limos. Not Xaeraz though, sorry. =P

would be nice and say just Limos, but I'm about to eliminate Elittra anyway. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 05:41:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • The leg came off because he was falling through the sky because he opened his wings to escape from Limos, so, I guess it is Lmos' kill after all, then?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 05:50:34 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • The leg came off because he was falling through the sky because he opened his wings to escape from Limos, so, I guess it is Lmos' kill after all, then?

Technically speaking, Elittra's final bolt did enough damage to help count. 

She's being eliminated in my next post anyway. Time to go drop her~

Current KO's:

Olari - 1 (KO'd Green)

Xara - 3 (KO'd Ferronox, A.D. & Kat)*

Zephyr - 1 (KO'd Buzz)

Kat - 1 (KO'd Sidonas)

Vagust - 2 (KO'd A.D. & Hound)*

Elittra - 2 (KO'd A.D. & Xaeraz)*

Kotak - 1 (KO'd Halmos)

Zakaro - 1 (KO'd Daltahk)**

Cast - 1 (KO'd Kopen)

Kopen - 1 (KO'd Cast)

Limos - 1 (KO'd Xaeraz)

*Xara, Vagust & Elittra were all given credit for the KO of A.D. last night since all three had been attacking him, and he was eliminated thanks to a critical hit from the Enforcer. It was either that or the elimination not counting as a point for anyone at all; the parties involved agreed to all three fighters earning a point for it.

**Zakaro given credit for the KO by the Enforcer.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 05:52:47 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Name: [Character’s Name]

Species: [Character's Name]'s Species

Power/Weapon 1: An axe - red

Power/Weapon 2: An axe - blue

Power/Weapon 3: To manipulate flow.

Appearance: He looks like a beetle with one of those horrifying Toa heads without masks.

Bio: He is a member of [Character's Name]'s Species from the dimension of [Character's Name]'s Species.

Personality/Other: He's male.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 05:55:40 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Hey UltimoScorp, if you don't mind Buzzz is waiting for a reply.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 06:00:16 UTC
    View post on BZP
  •  

Name: [Character’s Name]
    Species: [Character's Name]'s Species
    Power/Weapon 1: An axe - red
    Power/Weapon 2: An axe - blue
    Power/Weapon 3: To manipulate flow.
    Appearance: He looks like a beetle with one of those horrifying Toa heads without masks.
    Bio: He is a member of [Character's Name]'s Species from the dimension of [Character's Name]'s Species.
    Personality/Other: He's male.

[Official non-approval response]

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 06:32:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • nah he's approved

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 07:01:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Besides my characters and Iskane, who's still in the arena?

• Edited on 2015-02-08 07:02:08 by ArcticFreeze17
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 07:03:48 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • A lot of characters. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 07:14:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Tarsus is not only stll in the arena, but he's been able to miraculously remain untouched this entire time.

He's currently watching Dayeth and Dartakh's groups duke it out.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-08 07:27:04 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I think there are characters who haven't been posted as since the fight started. 

• Tags: