Techna

techna
A vista of Kini-Nui from the Mata Nui Online Game
  • Posted 2012-01-02 06:02:11 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kinksh & Rinnder / 'Implant your Cash!' in Science DistrictKrinksh didn't even need to call anymore - the Vortixx had developed an uncanny knack for knowing when he was needed, and came in without any urging."If he should fail, you know what to do?" Kinksh asked. Rinnder nodded, knowing all too well."Very good." Kinksh responded. "Return to your work - within a matter of time, one of the wealthiest business owners on Techna will be dead. At the very worst, that laptop she has will be ours, and we can use it as leverage.""Could she suspect?" Rinnder asked."No. At the most, she'd be expecting one of you three to show up, not an unknown assassin.""What is she offers more?""My, my, full of questions today! If she does, then we know who to watch for. Besides, he's a good assassin, but not as good as you."Rinnder said nothing and was about to turn, but Kinksh knew what his loyal servant wished to ask. "The only reason I don't have you do it, Rinnder, is because I need you here in case of emergency. I can send you out at any time. And she's no warrior, we don't need a combatant sent in, we need an assassin.""Paying too much." Rinnder replied before heading out. He quickly went back to work assisting the customers with whatever wares they needed, including an implant that increased hearing in the right ear.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 06:03:32 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Tain, Talking to Ga'mal, Outside Housing District"No, they didn't want me. Didn't tell me why. Just said no. So I freelance. When times are tough I find a second job." Tain paused, "Always been interested in what you people do, though."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 06:15:03 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: (Enaltai's Private Chambers, a.k.a. a small room located in the tangle of pipelines, wires and mechanics under the Public Library)Among the many things Enaltai hated, contemplating destiny had earned its rightful place. He believed in none by now; no destiny would've made the world as it was today. If that was their destiny, it was a lame one.Enaltai was sitting by his laptop, typing. This was his old Toa Techna laptop - he had to be ultra careful when using it, because although it was disconnected from Techna's mainframe by now, or rather, Techna's mainframe disconnected from it, it still was very, very responsive to his wishes. One false symbol in a script and their cause would've been destroyed forever.Quiet... so quiet.No matter.He sent out a message to all hackers in the Science District.We have evidence that there might be someone tracking Amnchey.Very brief. Very laconic. Very just enough.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 08:39:30 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Hrunja"PUNY FROSTELUS! YOU CANNOT STAND AGAINST MY EXCALIBUR'S POWERFUL LASER! HAHAHAHA!"Hrunja sighed as he watched his friend roll a twenty on their d20, letting the Matoran's Toa-King character fire off a massive laser out of the Sword of Promised Victory - Excalibur, which was a magic weapon, and completely annihilate the Frostelus that had attacked the Toa-King."That'll be the end of the campaign for today," he said as he began packing up. "Go home, I'll close shop while you can boast about your exploits while eating fish."The Matoran smiled at him, about to say something about bigger fish when he glared at the other being, who quickly scurried out of the room. The Plasma Toa turned to face the being who had decided to join in at the last second, smiling sheepishly."Sorry that we weren't able to play long," he said. "You came in near the end of the day. By the way, my name is Hrunja, what's yours?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 13:08:19 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Matoran Hordika, Science District):Matoran Hordika walked fast along the streets of the Science District. She was in a hurry. Well, she was actually ahead her schedule, but she could not wait for her newest invention to be finished. She was missing only one part - the part she was going to get from the shop today. She hardly noticed anyone or anything else.OOC: Feel free to interact.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 13:49:04 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Science District): BioThey're right behind me, oh deary me. Gotta run... Preferably faster. Go faster me! Bio thought, running through the streets of the Science District. He quickly turned on his goggles and checked the streets behind him. Ahh... They took a wrong turn. Good. They'll never find me no-He rubbed his head, he had bumped into something while checking the streets behind him. He looked up. It was some kind of Rahkshi. "Oh, hello there!" he called to Kyrahk.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 13:56:09 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Solaris (Housing District)He woke up, yawned, and stretched. Just another normal day... He got up and dusted off his armor, then exited the building and hailed a taxi. It was a short ride to the library. He payed the Agori who drove the cab and entered the library. He sat down and opened the book on his desk about Bota Magna. Plia was probably out for her morning stroll.Just another ordinary day.He read a few chapters, then closed the book. A surprising lack of people today... So he walked around, making sure that all the books were alphabetized, in the right order, and on the shelves. And then he checked his computer to make sure that no books were overdue.No, right on schedule so far.So now he was sitting behind his desk, staring into space...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 14:02:44 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Onua typed furiously as he stared at the screen. He was just seeing what books were overdue. With his eyes, at least.The toa was still plugged into Techna's 'spine'. And therefore, he was still recieving messages about mysterious activity, the hacker who had just ran away, etc.

• Edited on 2012-01-02 14:02:59 by Pein
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 14:03:28 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Ignotus (Information District)Ignotus walked through the district, a million thoughts and plans going through his head as he looked at the land that would one day be his.OOC: Ignotus open for interaction.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 14:11:54 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • Amnchey/Doing Parkour in the Science DistrictIC:

Ah, the lovely morning, another day of work, money, business parties... and parkour. Parkour first, actually. It was so much fun, leaping from building to building with the speed of a lightning bolt. Balancing herself of a pole or sliding down a slanted roof, riding on top of a taxi or diving through a window at work - oh, she was already here? Oh well, more parkour later. Right now, she had to get business rolling before some more fun.Amnchey yawned and sat at her desk, leaving the window open. Being positioned almost beside it, she was directly against a wall. Not the best spot for someone to assassinate her, but leaving plenty of room for escape if she was attacked. Or, even worse, if the guards finally found her intentions... Oh, that would be horrible! Utter horror! But she wasn't caught. That was fun!"Anfel, I need a cup of coffee. I need some energy for the coming day," she said to her arriving secretary while mentally activating her laptop. All the secrets inside it... So many would think it was just business secrets and numbers. They would be more right than they knew - the business of Hackers and the numbers of cracking. The Steltian giggled to herself, her fingers flying over the keyboard.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 14:15:43 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kraak (A dark corner in the Science District)Kraak was trying to get into a small computer. It wasn't much, really, just a small information console. But it was a "You are here" interactive map, and without it, people will be absolutely lost! Mua ha ha ha.OOC: Yeah, he's not that bright.Kraak opened the file for his flash drive and picked out the virus that made the screen fuzz up. Then he kicked the console for good measure and walked off.OOC: Kraak open for interaction...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 14:57:52 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Dear Mata Nui, does anyone here sleep at night? :blink:IC: RenenRenen smiled, 'Yes, I am the owner of this quality establishment. Now then, what can I get you gentlemen?'IC: Emma Emma shrugged, 'Ah, that's fine. Name's Emma, by the way. I-'She was stopped by the message in her command panel. Torch was online.'Sorry, just one sec. Gotta get this,' she said, then slipped into a corner of the room.'Captain, what's going on?'IC: Tenko

The command prompt window appeared before his right eye, white text over a deep red window.Enter command.He did so. After so many millennia of using his advanced implant, blocking out all thoughts except his commands was second nature.>Contact all Toa Techna.Acknowledged.ContactingContacting.Contacting..Contacting...A gentle dial tone sounded in Torch's audio receptors.

Tenko considered investigating that nearby group, but his thought processes were disturbed by the slight ringing in his ear. He grimaced, but activated his commands menu, seeing that Torch was contacting Techna.'Yo, Torch. Long time no see.'-Void

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 15:07:12 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Whoops. :P Torch meant the official Toa Techna, not all the Toa of Techna, but I guess...IC (Housing District):Torch grimaced at the voice. "Oh, hi, uh" -- here he glanced to his HUD and memorized the name there -- "Tenko. Listen, I'd love to chat, but I didn't mean to contact you. Sorry. Um. Yeah."He ended the communication, slapping his forehead with his hand. How had he flubbed that up?No matter. He gritted his teeth, returning to the previous command prompt window and entering a new, more specific command.>Contact Forcyte, Matrapolix, and Fulok.Acknowledged.Contacting...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 15:22:46 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Sylux (Rooftop, Science District, Hunting Amnchey)Finding Amnchey was no problem. Sylux discovered which company she owned when he returned to his little hideout and set off to the building she worked at. Having set up at a point where the bounty hunter had a perfect shot from his view point, Sylux waited patiently for his target to appear on the top floor. The only times he took his eyes off the scope was to look around for anyone on nearby rooftops. But like every good CEO, there she appeared in the office of the top floor. He took aim and prepared to pull the trigger to put a hole through that head of hers until someone else entered the office.Secretary? Unknown. Eliminate as a secondary target.Amnchey took a seat beside a window and positioned herself against a wall, giving Sylux a perfect shot. Still, he decided to eliminate all distractions first. He pulled the trigger and a bullet of concentrated plasma zoomed through the air, through the open window and into the body of the secretary before she could open the door. The armored Toa could just kill Amchey with his sniper but he thought best against it. That would be too easy so he decided to have some fun. He propped the sniper on his back quickly and teleported into the office building, standing face to face with his target, his arm blades present.

• Edited on 2012-01-02 15:31:02 by TX Wade 27
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 15:23:30 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Science District): KyrahkHe turned to see who had bumped into his with a rather dry expression. But upon seeing that it was a Matoran who it seems hadn't intended to bump into him, he realized it meant it was someone going to beat him up because of a bad past experience with his kind. And not being attacked was always a good thing. Though, he did miss seeing the defense drones."Hello there little one. Where might you be running to in such a hurry?"His voice was a raspy hiss as he spoke, but it wasn't threatening, it was friendly in tone.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 15:25:37 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Vrilni: Housing District: With Ga'mal and Tain: Vrilni paced around impatiently. Ga'mal seemed to have an annoying habit of chatting up random people. Still, while Ga'mal and Tain had their conversation, Vrilni had made herself useful by scouting for Sylux in case he turned up again.Eventually she got bored."It was about a virus I wished to talk to you about, actually."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 15:25:43 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC - Science DistrictMatra put a hand to his audio receptor. There was a small dial, meaning... A call. From who?"Hello?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 15:29:37 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Ignotus (Information District)Ignotus continued to walk around. He noticed an ADR was following him. It seemed no-one trusted him due to his being part of an unknown species."Buzz off." He said, using magnetism to hit the drone against the ground. It hadn't been the first time he had done this, nor would it be the last.He decided that he deserved some attention that didn't come from robots, and walked to the Science District.OOC: Ignotus to Science District, and still open for interaction.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 15:29:48 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Science District): Bio"Running? Who's running?" Bio asked, looking around. "I sure wasn't running. I was... Uh... Strolling! Yeah, strolling! Now let's see... Where am I going..." Bio shrugged. "I don't know. Where are you going?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 15:32:04 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Housing District):The dial tone abruptly ceased, replaced by a cold, robotic voice: "Hello?""Matrapolix? This is Torch." As Torch spoke, he walked to the Information District's border. "I'm contacting all Toa Techna for a standard operations report. You can send the report in text if need be. I'm going to the public library, hoping to do a little research on programming for a project of mine."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 15:34:46 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Science District): Kyrahk"I was not going to any exact location myself, just out for a walk."He noted, explaining to the Matoran who seemed a little jumpy for some reason. He guessed it might have something to do with himself being a serpentine creature of darkness, that wasn't exactly the most trusted creature Techna could have. But, he hadn't harmed anyone intentionally, he was a law abiding citizen, mostly."You sure seem a bit... nervous..."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 15:39:19 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: IgnotusIgnotus noticed two beings (OOC: Kyrahk and Bio)."Morning." He said, walking towards them.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 15:39:19 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Science District): Bio"Nervous?" Bio asked, chuckling to himself. You don't know the half of it. "Why on earth would I be nervous?"He activated his goggles, and spotted his pursuers heading his way. Oh golly gosh. Not them again... "Hey, wanna go to the Library?"Another being walked up to them. It was some kind of bird. "Top of the Morning."

• Edited on 2012-01-02 15:40:18 by Noble Knight BioBeast
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 15:41:59 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Science District): Kyrahk"The library is quite a large distance away. The only practical way to reach it would be to take a taxi there."He commented, watching the Matoran a little strangely. The Matoran was certainly nervous about something... and where had the library comment come from?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 15:44:52 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Ignotus (Science District)"You seem... nervous." Ignotus said to Bio, noticing the expression on his face. "Anxious, actually, would probably be more appropriate here."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 15:45:49 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC - Science District"Sir, there was an attack on the Public Library. Two guards were wounded. I have...other information. It would be safer if I met you in person." he explained.And boy- did he have a lot to say. A Barraki in a cell, a deranged Hacker on the loose, and...why was someone in the CEO's office with knives? His visual receptor implants picked up the shadow throw the wall."Sir, I may be delayed. If I'm not back on the hour, send Forcyte." With that, he burst off at his top speed to reach the Tower. If a hacker was trying to assassinate Amnchey, they were becoming more...out there. Usually, they just put viruses in, or vandalized the Toa Techna's quarters, or even picked off a few ADRs to show they were there. But this?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 15:47:00 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC Science District: Bio"I know that. I just need someone taller than me to get something off the top shelf..." Bio said, starting to pace. Rahkshi can fight like nobody's buisness. I need him on my side. But I can't stay here..."Tell ya what, if you get the thing for me, I'll buy you a meal."Why does everybody keep saying that I'm nervous?" Bio asked frustratedly.

• Edited on 2012-01-02 15:48:17 by Noble Knight BioBeast
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 15:49:26 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Science District): KyrahkThe Rahkshi turned, he hadn't realized anyone was there. Apparently he had not noticed Ignotus, but... it wasn't exactly his fault, he was concentrating on the Matoran."Well, maybe a little more skittish than anxious..."At the sound of a free meal offer, he smiled."Well, alright then. I'll help you get this item."

• Edited on 2012-01-02 15:49:49 by The Dark Chronicler
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 15:52:19 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC Science District: BioBio smiled. Good. "Alright, you wait right here, and I'll be right back." he said, pointing his arm at the ground. I probably look like a crazy person...

• Edited on 2012-01-02 15:53:01 by Noble Knight BioBeast
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 15:53:32 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Ignotus (Science District)"Actually, I said you were anxious. Nervous means 'worried about something', whereas anxious means 'troubled by disturbing suspense'." Ignotus pointed out.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 16:05:54 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Ga'mal talking to Tain and Vrinil outside of the Housing District)

The Matoran nods her head at Tain's response and was about to say something when Vrinil started talking about viruses again."Well, I guess we should get going to discuss this." Turning to the new being, she says,"Would you like to come with us?"-Mef Man

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 16:06:29 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: No, we don't @ EmissaryIC: Swuiop & Thuiop / The Glitch Paradox"Ah..." Swuiop said nodding. "Quite an interesting turn of events going on here, isn't it. What with the Techna fighting a secret war against the Hackers, and nobody quite willing to take official sides."Her hand reached for a glass, which she edged over. "Soon, combat may break lose. Or somebody flees here, and the ADR come. It'll make quite a mess of anywhere. And then, with all this chaos, well, thieves are free to move around as much as they want!"The glass fell over the edge of the counter, shattering into pieces upon hitting the counter and splashing the liquor within over the ground. "Me and my buddy here, we look out for the small people like you. We make sure nobody tries to.... steal anything. Or burn it down. That would be terrible, no?"Looking dead seriously into Renen, she said, "Now, if you would be willing to pay us a little something, we would be perfectly capable of seeing to it that you stay safe in these troubled times." Then, she broke a malevolent grin.Thuiop chuckled, and grunted the words, "You'd better do what she wants."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 16:10:27 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: NikaronNikaron leaped over another wall, swung on another pipe. Basically having fun, his cat was too. Unfortunately he wasn't paying attention and collided with a Rahkshi. "Sorry bout that." Nikaron said offering a hand.OOC: God I can't post well for some reason.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 16:12:21 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Science Sector): Kyrahk"Sure..."He shook his serpentine head, then looked over at Ignotus."It seems everyone around here is always running around blindly these days... no one seems to slow down anymore and just look around."Not that there was much to look at here... no forests, nothing like that. Then someone else crashed into him."It's no problem at all... though I am wondering when I became invisible to people walking towards me."

• Edited on 2012-01-02 16:13:28 by The Dark Chronicler
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 16:12:46 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Ignotus (Science District)"I assume you haven't encountered any Mystix before, then?" Ignotus joked. "No, you wouldn't have. Last of my kind, for now. We walk silently; You couldn't have heard me if you were a Toa of Sonics."

• Edited on 2012-01-02 16:17:06 by Pirok the Va-Matoran
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 16:15:40 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: EmmaEmma hung up, and turned back to Hrunja, 'Sorry about that. Uh, where were we?'IC: TenkoTenko scowled, but still managed to shrug it off. He took on last look at the group in the corner, but decided against it. If it got bad, there plenty other people around to deal with it.He shrugged, and decided that a good book wouldn't hurt right now.OOC: Tenko to Science District.IC: RenenRenen glared at the two customers for a moment or two, before sticking his hand out. His left hand to be precise.'Much obliged. Deal?'OOC: Renen has electro-shock units in his left hand. Thought I should let you know.-Void

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 16:16:05 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: "Sure. Been awhile since I had anything mentally challenging to do." Tain answered. "Of course, that's if you," Tain directed this at Vrilni, "have no objections."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 16:16:49 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Nikaron"Yup there sure isn't much to look at. No forests, prairies, oceans, anything. It's all steel and concrete. So tell me, what should I slow down for. The stupid Mechanical advancements we've made. Or maybe," Nikaron sighed, "Nevermind, so what are you up to?" Nikaron asked changing the subject.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 16:20:07 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • IC:BioAlright... If I time this correctly they won't see me. Bio thought, watching his pursuers movements through his goggles. Just as they took a turn that led them closer from Bio... Bamf! He was launched into the air, and he quickly grabbed onto a building. The pursuers passed by, heading towards the housing district, and Bio climbed back down. "Alright, let's go."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-02 16:25:18 UTC
    Techna
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: She's a toa of lightning. :PIC: Swuiop / The Glitch Paradox"Not much for right hand?" she asked. It was already a clue that something was wrong that she had been offered the wrong hand, but she had dealt with customers that weren't too keen before. Giving her 'brother' the signal that he may need to prepare for difficulties with her eyes, she looked back at Rene with a smile.She shook the offered hand, saying, "Pleasure doing business."OOC: Up to you to decide what happens. Factor in both the resistance and the possibility of partial absorbtion.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Edited on 2012-01-02 16:35:08 by Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Tags: