Techna Network Relay

technarelay
A vista of Kini-Nui from the Mata Nui Online Game
  • Posted 2012-01-04 02:20:06 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Shot at. The capabilities of a player to avoid their character being assassinated never cease to amaze.Of course, otherwise we'd be dying left and right.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Edited on 2012-01-04 02:20:34 by Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 02:20:13 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Shot at. She might not have actually gotten hit, though that would need some explaining. But the secretary, there's no going back, get out the spatula that Lev keeps wanting to sell you. =P

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 02:20:18 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Alright, but I'm assuming only Toa of Data can manipulate programs and the like on the net.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 02:24:52 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Come down to Implant Your Cash! and purchase the new L-Z3 Spatula Implant. Simply will it, and a spatula pops out. Perfect for grilling, frying, and cleaning up dead finances.Hey Legolover, what's the standard currency of Techna-Nui? I mean, I keep having to improvise on giving an equivalence to US currency. And don't say credits, because it's always credits and credits are the lamest currency name ever. Sorry George.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 02:31:47 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Alright, but I'm assuming only Toa of Data can manipulate programs and the like on the net.

Toa of Data can give programs orders without having to use a graphical interface, because a Toa of Data can manipulate (you guessed it!) data. Of course, they can't go breaking through firewalls or accessing databases beyond their security clearance without interference. A Toa of Data can even project his or her personality into the network and thus navigate the 'net.

• Edited on 2012-01-04 02:32:17 by Legolover-361
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 02:32:47 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Lev: Well, me, Darkon, and Emissary seem to be improvising and saying it's Widgets, but who knows, until LL says so. =P

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 02:34:51 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP

Toa of Data can give programs orders without having to use a graphical interface, because a Toa of Data can manipulate (you guessed it!) data. Of course, they can't go breaking through firewalls or accessing databases beyond their security clearance without interference. A Toa of Data can even project his or her personality into the network and thus navigate the 'net.
    Okay I think I'm finally getting a handle on the powers of a Toa of Data, I also have another quick question, can PCs own Motorcycles?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 02:36:24 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Lev: Well, me, Darkon, and Emissary seem to be improvising and saying it's Widgets, but who knows, until LL says so. =P

I vote widgets! Just to make sure we don't stray too far from BIONICLE on our massive spaceship. :P-Shyyrn

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 02:38:02 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Ah, 'k then.And I'll let the ADRs take care of that, I think.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 02:43:21 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Shyrrn: Yeah, I kinda agree there. Even if we have Mata Nui as the Captain of the Ship. =P

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 02:55:26 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Okay I think I'm finally getting a handle on the powers of a Toa of Data, I also have another quick question, can PCs own Motorcycles?

I'd prefer most PCs not own personal vehicles (after all, hover-taxis are absurdly easy to flag down, and a transport chute system is also in place), but seeing as characters are allowed weapons, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to say a character can have his or her own personal ride. Just don't make it any better than a motorcycle, 'kay?

Lev: Well, me, Darkon, and Emissary seem to be improvising and saying it's Widgets, but who knows, until LL says so. =P

I vote widgets! Just to make sure we don't stray too far from BIONICLE on our massive spaceship. :P-Shyyrn
    I vote widgets, too! LL had better......oh. :PConsider widgets Techna's official currency. Widgets are too interesting to throw away, lol.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 02:57:44 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Okay I think I'm finally getting a handle on the powers of a Toa of Data, I also have another quick question, can PCs own Motorcycles?

I'd prefer most PCs not own personal vehicles (after all, hover-taxis are absurdly easy to flag down, and a transport chute system is also in place), but seeing as characters are allowed weapons, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to say a character can have his or her own personal ride. Just don't make it any better than a motorcycle, 'kay?
    Sweet, my character is so building/buying a motorcycle first chance I get.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 03:14:55 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Why need modern transportation when you have a natural rhotuka launcher built into you? Zaphos has flying skills.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 03:19:54 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Dude Motorcycle beats flying anyday, just like Parkour also beats flying.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 03:27:47 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Dude, shrinking to the size of an actual Bionicle figure and flying a bird is way better than either. I'm sorry. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 03:31:11 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Hah, rowing a boat through town is way better than flying, parkour, motorcycles, and flying on a bird.

But that isn't what I wanted to mention.

Has anyone had the idea of having a character run a sort of pawn shop yet?

If they have, then I don't want to cause them any competition.

But if no one has yet...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 03:32:27 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Has anyone had the idea of having a character run a sort of pawn shop yet? If they have, then I don't want to cause them any competition.But if no one has yet...

Muahahhahahaha...No, they haven't. I've gone through all the characters searching to see who I can torment/sic the assassin on. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 03:32:50 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • I just had a sudden vision of Kirgon running a pawnshop. Scary.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 03:37:20 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • You might have some... problems with this character, Levacius...

Onarax... get out of my brain, you are way too close to being right with what I have planned.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 03:38:44 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Dark Chronicler, be advised that if you insist on calling the location Little Shop of Horrors, I am expecting a talking carnivorous plant, a dentist on a motorbike, and a 3-woman chorus. :P-Shyyrn

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 03:42:57 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Yeah, Shyyrn I figured someone would have said something about what I was calling it. XD

And I planned on making a joke about that soon enough.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 03:43:39 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Good. I look forward to it. :D-Shyyrn

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 03:45:59 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Listen up, fellow rpers. I've made my new character Volin and he owns a shop which sells a bunch of robotic/mechanical parts, implants and weapons. By parts I mean everything ranging from tiny bolts to robotic limbs and organs. He also takes requests for the creation of an object within reason.So for those of you who want something constructed and you have the money, drop into his workshop. If he's not there, I'll have to rp as an employee. Speaking of employees, he's hiring :P

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 03:51:14 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • I was going to open the Wing Kong Exchange, but I decided that these four would do.It'll be big enough trouble dealing with these four, and Rinnder, Swuiop, and Thuiop are hardly the Three Storms.EDIT: TWO shops. Ooh.... that's RPing for at least a week.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Edited on 2012-01-04 03:51:45 by Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 03:54:36 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • So, I need someone to interact with Hrunja. Who wants to have their character meet a somewhat traumatised Archives Massacre survivor who is arrogant and has a sword that shoots giant beams of plasma?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 03:56:28 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Well, Sylux only really interacts with people when he's on the job or is approached by someone else, my character Drone's occupied but you could drop by at Volin's Workshop if you want.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 04:21:54 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • We're not supposed to have personal vehicles?-whistles innocently as Matra jumps out of a building and lands on his flying motorcycle-

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 04:23:11 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • You're the GameMaster; you can make flying pigs appear in the city and the only thing we'll question is your sanity.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 04:26:32 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Well...I suppose you can't transport a half-dead psychopathic Hacker to prison in a taxi, can you? :P

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 04:27:55 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Alright Lev, you win this round. Now all Fulok needs is a reply from Torch.I'll be gone tomorrow, so don't expect to see me until around 6 or 7 PM, central time. G'night everyone.-Skar

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 07:09:14 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • I'm worried. it's been an hour and it still has 666 replies on the main topic.I officially declare that this RPG is under a curse. I will attempt an exorcism. Get me the pea soup.

I suppose you can't transport a half-dead psychopathic Hacker to prison in a taxi, can you? :P

Though I just want to point out that it's more logical than a motorcycle. At least in the taxi you can kill the hacker if they attack.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 07:13:07 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • It is now 667. Spiritual crisis averted. Order the pea soup to stand down and return to its barracks, and help itself to 3 days' leave.-Shyyrn

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 07:24:13 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • One more post in the main topic and we'll have 668 - The Neighbour of the Beast.Anyway, could you guys give me a quick recap of what's happening?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 07:30:59 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Sorry to bring up the topic of vehicles again, but can we have a hoverboard? :begging:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 11:28:16 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Incommodo's in the Science District. And lost. And probably going to get himself into a lot of trouble unless someone interacts soon.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 16:02:20 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Question: is the Science Tower also a testing facility or just a manufacturing plant? Because I've got an obsession with Portal 2 and I feel like making a Cave Johnson character XD

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 16:20:43 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Sorry to bring up the topic of vehicles again, but can we have a hoverboard? :begging:

Er... I have to say no, as hoverboards would increase air traffic in Techna, and I doubt a lot of characters in Techna are good pilots. :P

Question: is the Science Tower also a testing facility or just a manufacturing plant? Because I've got an obsession with Portal 2 and I feel like making a Cave Johnson character XD

Yes, it includes a testing facility. No, it has no Cave Johnson-style voice announcer, nor any need for one; sorry. :P

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 16:59:13 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP

"News reports today claim hooded youth's have taken to the air with hoverbaords, with this falling from great heights and getting crushed by young matoran have become the number one causes of death in Techna"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 19:52:08 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP

"News reports today claim hooded youth's have taken to the air with hoverbaords, with this falling from great heights and getting crushed by young matoran have become the number one causes of death in Techna"
    Can I be a hooded youth?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 20:09:15 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP

Can I be a hooded youth?
    XDA note to all would-be hackers: As Game Master, I control Techna's network. I'm grateful that players have been giving their hacking a chance to fail, because Techna has a ton of security countermeasures against hackers. It's actually pretty fun writing how the network rejects hacking attempts. Techna's network isn't infallible, definitely not, but it is very well-guarded and monitored by the Toa Techna (and a very select group of secret NPC Matoran), so you guys will have to come up with ingenious ways to get around the security.Yep, I'm squeezing you guys like toothpaste bottles to get all the creativity out. ^_^

• Edited on 2012-01-04 20:09:24 by Legolover-361
  • Tags: