Techna Network Relay

technarelay
A vista of Kini-Nui from the Mata Nui Online Game
  • Posted 2012-01-04 20:18:46 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Sorry to bring up the topic of vehicles again, but can we have a hoverboard? :begging:

"News reports today claim hooded youth's have taken to the air with hoverbaords, with this falling from great heights and getting crushed by young matoran have become the number one causes of death in Techna"
    Can I be a hooded youth?
    XDA note to all would-be hackers: As Game Master, I control Techna's network. I'm grateful that players have been giving their hacking a chance to fail, because Techna has a ton of security countermeasures against hackers. It's actually pretty fun writing how the network rejects hacking attempts. Techna's network isn't infallible, definitely not, but it is very well-guarded and monitored by the Toa Techna (and a very select group of secret NPC Matoran), so you guys will have to come up with ingenious ways to get around the security.Yep, I'm squeezing you guys like toothpaste bottles to get all the creativity out. ^_^
    Are Blackouts considered ingenious?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 20:19:04 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Sorry to bring up the topic of vehicles again, but can we have a hoverboard? :begging:

"News reports today claim hooded youth's have taken to the air with hoverbaords, with this falling from great heights and getting crushed by young matoran have become the number one causes of death in Techna"
    Can I be a hooded youth?
    XDA note to all would-be hackers: As Game Master, I control Techna's network. I'm grateful that players have been giving their hacking a chance to fail, because Techna has a ton of security countermeasures against hackers. It's actually pretty fun writing how the network rejects hacking attempts. Techna's network isn't infallible, definitely not, but it is very well-guarded and monitored by the Toa Techna (and a very select group of secret NPC Matoran), so you guys will have to come up with ingenious ways to get around the security.Yep, I'm squeezing you guys like toothpaste bottles to get all the creativity out. ^_^
    I tried a password, but then I gave up and just used a program to figure it out for me.That creative enough?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 20:20:19 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • How about smashing the computer into tiny pieces? That creative?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 20:21:01 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP

I don't think that'd do anything...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 20:24:49 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Any interesting positions available for interaction for a Toa affiliated with Techna who works at a shop that sells just about anything, an eyebot and an assasin/bounty hunter?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 20:27:31 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP

Well who said anything about getting things done? I just wanted a reason to smash a computer.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 20:32:41 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP

Well who said anything about getting things done? I just wanted a reason to smash a computer.
    I don't see any reason not to smash a computer. That's not really hacking.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 20:37:54 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Is there a Hiren's Boot in Techna? 'D solve all our rookie hacker problems.or just let people be doltish and allow their computers a password hint.-Dovydas

• Edited on 2012-01-04 20:38:17 by Dovydas the Nerevarine
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 20:39:34 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Is there a Hiren's Boot in Techna? 'D solve all our rookie hacker problems.or just let people be doltish and allow their computers a password hint.-Dovydas

What do you mean? :confused:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 20:39:57 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP

Well it gets rid of tracking devices that Torch sends to your computer...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 20:41:22 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP

Well it gets rid of tracking devices that Torch sends to your computer...
    That's assuming said computer belongs to you. BTW, still technically not really hacking...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 20:48:04 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • A note to all would-be hackers: As Game Master, I control Techna's network. I'm grateful that players have been giving their hacking a chance to fail, because Techna has a ton of security countermeasures against hackers. It's actually pretty fun writing how the network rejects hacking attempts. Techna's network isn't infallible, definitely not, but it is very well-guarded and monitored by the Toa Techna (and a very select group of secret NPC Matoran), so you guys will have to come up with ingenious ways to get around the security.Yep, I'm squeezing you guys like toothpaste bottles to get all the creativity out. ^_^

My current plan has no hacking involved and plenty of explosions, that creative?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 20:56:48 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP

What do you mean? :confused:
    You know, like in a normal computer. Password hint. Something that hints at what your password might be if you forgot it.And a Hiren's Boot is a certain... thingy that basically removes the password altogether.-Dovydas

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 21:20:58 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Are Blackouts considered ingenious?

There are possibly hundreds of ways to trigger a blackout and hundreds of steps that make up those various possibilities. Programming is all about sub-routines that combine to form a single action. You can't just cause a blackout; you have to, for example, enter the SCPU and terminate all connections to outside devices. But in order to enter the SCPU you have to get through its password and ID checks. In order to do that, you need a password-discovering program. For the password-discovering program to work, you need to either find a "backdoor" connection to the server or find a way to bypass the password limit. The list of sub-routines goes on.To find an "ingenious" hacking solution, I mean you need to be able to formulate strategies that use very efficient sequences of sub-routines.

How about smashing the computer into tiny pieces? That creative?

No, that's practical. It is, however, guaranteed to work. :P

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 22:50:04 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Sheeshyou guys are likesquirrelson adrenalinepost slower i'm getting lost

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-04 23:06:14 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • I'm currently resisting an urge to quote the hyper squirrel from Hoodwinked. :rolleyes:Sorry I haven't been posting much, I need to figure out where the best place to be is right now. And, well, I haven't figured that out yet. =P/EDIT: KNI:

This is not the place for a god like that, man.

Well, you pretty much hit the nail on the head there... Except it's a titan, but that is the whole point, and why he wanted all those powers. xDJust wanted to point that out, as I find the comments interesting. =P

• Edited on 2012-01-05 00:14:49 by Fullbringer Blade
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 00:34:34 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • So, have Ga'mal and co. actually done anything yet? I'm lost in the massive wave of new pages. :P

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 00:35:18 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • LL.PRISONBREAK CIPHER.SHALL I KEEP THE GAG RUNNING?Nah I'm kidding.but that'd be amazing.

• Edited on 2012-01-05 00:37:18 by Razgriz the Dovahkiin
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 00:38:47 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Also, just a note, Darkon's serious. He tried to post the exact same character to Island of Pain not that long ago... I thought it looked familiar, so I just wanted to check. xD

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 00:39:39 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • @Fullbringer BladeSo you don't think I was being too harsh?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 00:40:25 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Man, I'm behind on the crazyness. I just noticed the newest character in the Character topic...

Does anyone else see that character as about the same as using a nuclear weapon on a mouse?

Overkill.

• Edited on 2012-01-05 00:41:09 by The Dark Chronicler
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 00:41:48 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Man, I'm behind on the crazyness. I just noticed the newest character in the Character topic...

Does anyone else see that character as about the same as using a nuclear weapon on a mouse?

Overkill.

Going to have to agree with you on that one, TDC. Anyways, it looks like a prison break will be in order soon :P

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 00:41:58 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • KNI: Not really; I was going '0_o' when I read it myself. =PThat character is god-mode central, I can just feel it. =PChronicler: Niiiiice. xD Or, mice, since that fits the topic of that post. =P

• Edited on 2012-01-05 00:42:39 by Fullbringer Blade
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 00:46:15 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Actually TX, it won't be that easy.The cells are suspended hundreds of feet above the ground. Taking the power out, and releasing everyone, would kill them. :P

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 00:54:56 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Why is it that you guys keep on posting non-stop? These days I can't really stay up until 5am in the morning to follow your posts.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 01:01:55 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Actually TX, it won't be that easy.The cells are suspended hundreds of feet above the ground. Taking the power out, and releasing everyone, would kill them. :P

Well then this is going to be extremely difficult...and by extremely, I mean extremely. How is Aeon supposed to get out, then...? If it's one hundred feet underground, it's pretty much suicide to even attempt a prison break in this game. Tell me, as a Co game master, do you see any possible solution you could think of for a successful prison break...? Other than getting a mass army of NPCs?Regular rpers like us don't exactly have the political power to actually authorize for the release of an inmate (correct me if I'm wrong, please) or the wealth to pay off his crime.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 01:02:03 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • I guess when you have your own plot arcs for a moment, you don't need to wait for others to get on, especially when everyone involved is on at a specific moment. =P/EDIT: ^ Well, actually, ToD has a CEO character, and I don't believe he's a staffie of any sorts. You might be able to bail out whoever gets arrested, I dunno. =P

• Edited on 2012-01-05 01:03:17 by Fullbringer Blade
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 01:06:07 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Well I felt sorry for Darkon, since he keeps wanting to use these ridiculous characters and just can't tone them down to be practical, so if you actually want to play him Darkon, I suggest you use this instead.

<p><br></p><p>

<strong>Name:</strong> Atlas<br><p><strong>Gender: </strong>Male<br><strong>Species:</strong> Unnamed Semi-Extinct Species (Referred to as a "Titan" by some)<br><strong>Appearance: </strong>Tall, clothed in a black cape that covers his front as wellas his back, (Batman style) Wears pauldrons and a breastplate. His skin ismaroon, and covered in purplish runes. Eyes glow bright purple. Standsat 11.3 feet tall.<br><strong>Kanohi: </strong>N/A (Cannot wear Kanohi)<br><strong>Powers:</strong> While in physical contact with a being can disrupt their concentration, making the use of Kanohi impossible. Is incredibly strong even for his size, even exceeding a member of Brutakas species. Has uncanny speed and agility that is deceptive for his size, and has a great deal of combat experience, combined with being incredibly battle hardened. Is quite intelligent as well, and is good at picking up body language. Is a talented melee fighter. His species does not suffer physical degradation due to age. His skin is as hard as protodermis, granting him limited invulnerability as a Type 2 Kraata.<br></p><p><strong>Weapons: </strong>Wears on his right hand a large gauntlet composed of a mysterious substance that is unaffected by elemental powers. He often employs it for grabbing weapons, and it has spike knuckles for use in melee. At range he makes use of a revolver.<br><strong>Implants:</strong> None (Incompatible with implants)<br><strong>Personality:</strong> Dark, Pessimestic, Brave, and Honorable<br><strong>Alignment: </strong>Neutral<br><strong>Bio: </strong>Remember the attempt to overthrow Mata-Nui made by Pridak and theother warlords? That wasn’t the first time. Once, a whole speciesattempted to over throw the great spirit, and they got dangerously closeto their goal. The species in question were wiped from history, but afew elder beings speak of them in whispers, fearful that the mentioningof their names might cause a second rebellion. Atlas was one of the mostpowerful soldiers in the entire war, easily destroying every toa orother protector of the matoran he met on the battlefield. The hand ofArtakha quickly began to fear this certain warrior when he destroyed twoof their agents at once. The only time he ever faced defeat was when hewas fought to a standstill by Helryx herself. The results would havebeen much different if they had not met on a sea-faring ship. Aftertheir lose in the war, his species spread over the known universe beforethe Toa and Co. could destroy them. Atlas was a mercenary on Zakaz forawhile, enjoying switching sides whenever a higher offer was raised.When Makuta died on Bara Magna, Atlas was one of the first out, scoutingthe new planet, and looking for something to fight. When the Matoranand Agori teamed up, Atlas worked as a scout and explorer, finding newfrontiers. During all of this, the Toa and others were wary of him. Assoon as Techna was finished, he boarded. He is currently wonderingaround, looking for fighters to challenge, Merchants to work for, andthe such.

</p></p>

So yeah, there you go.Throwing my fifty cents in - seriously did you think that would get approved? :|-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 01:18:05 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • This requires the use of the Axonn scale, where the power levels of beings are measured in Axonns.For example:Matoran: 0.05 AxonnTuraga: 0.1 AxonnToa: 0.3 AxonnToa Nuva: 0.5 AxonnAnd et cetera.So Darkon's being would have been 4 or 5 Axonn's. We would have to tone our characters down to at least 0.8 to 1 Axonn's.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 01:23:11 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Chronicler, in the main topic: Nice. xD Was wondering when someone would make a reference to Teridax here. =P

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 01:24:06 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Dude, according to your charts, that characters original Axonn reading was...OVER 9000!!!!Actually not really, I just wanted to make that joke. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 01:26:14 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Lev: Hey, he might've been, you have to be nearly Super Saiyan strong to beat a Pakari wearing Po-Toa. xD Again, refer to the Axonn scale. =PConsidering new character. What would cause the most explosions and destruction... Hmm...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 01:32:33 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • I disagree. Axonn is a TON more powerful than a Turaga (they didn't make him that impressive in canon but whatever). Here's my evidence, straight from the Bionicle Wikia:

• [*]He possessed tremendous strength, greater than that of Brutaka and rivaling that of a
    Makuta. He has been known to get stronger in an intense emotional state.[*]Small healing powers. He was able to completely cure Toa Gali of madness with a touch of his hand.[*]He was nearly unstoppable when enraged.[*]He could unleash very powerful blasts of energy from his hands, or focus it through his axe.[*]His mind was shielded from mental powers such as Kongu's Kanohi Suletu and Hakann's mental blasts.[*]He could also create a weaker electrical blast.[*]He could create stasis fields, freezing objects in time and space. He harnessed this ability in a Zamor Sphere once, in order to "defeat" the Kardas Dragon.

But in any case, we shouldn't even be having chars measured with 'Axonn's. We should measure them with 'Toa' instead. More moderately powered and a heck of a lot more convenient for GMs.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 01:35:52 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • 0.1 is one/tenth, not one. :PAccording to that scale a Turaga is 1/10 of Axxon and a Toa Nuva is 1/2 of Axxon.Theoretically if the Nuva weren't wimps they could do pretty much anything. With the Kaukau Nuva they could just drown somebody with a thought. Any of their elemental powers could waste even a Makuta. But they're just pansies without the guts to do anything. <_<EDIT: Actually, yeah. They destroyed the Dark Hunters base with but a small fraction of their will. One of their wills. If they always did things like that then nobody could beat them.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Edited on 2012-01-05 01:38:07 by Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 01:38:31 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Pein: Exactly. The only reason it was brought up in the first place, was because Darkon decided to make a Titan. xD

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 01:40:29 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Ah shoot. Misread. But point still stands.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 01:47:20 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • On another forum we measured awesomeness in units of KAMINA. Measuring power levels in units of AXONN is perfectly logical. 3 units of TOA equal 1 unit of AXONN?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 01:53:29 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • And for instant awesome just add dragons.snf14cie.jpgVezon & Fenrahkk were, like, a 3 when together on that scale. Add dragon, boom! Shoots WAY up.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 02:32:40 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • For those wanting to break Æon out of jail, in an effort to be fair:Cut the power to her individual cell, then be waiting with a hi-jacked hover-taxi.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-05 02:43:43 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Great, it looks like we can actually move with our plan. Rakata, we'll save you!

• Edited on 2012-01-05 02:43:53 by TX Wade 27
  • Tags: