Techna Network Relay

technarelay
A vista of Kini-Nui from the Mata Nui Online Game
  • Posted 2012-01-10 00:11:20 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Well I have a story arc that I'm about to start, and it starts with a character dying. Do I need to make a profile and post it in the Character Topic, or can I just run the person as a NPC? I would normally just post it in the Character Topic and not even ask, but I don't want to waste one character spot.

You can just have an NPC die. Just don't make killing NPCs a regular occurance -- only the co-hosts and I have the power to do that. :P

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-10 00:37:49 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Indeed. Mass genocide is part of the job. >=D

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-10 01:39:50 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Gravs: Another Holmes? Ah, you'll have competition, my friend. Approved.

Really? *Pumps Shotgun* Then we might have to remove competition. :P
    Said competition is co-host of the game, Shyrnn. :P

• Edited on 2012-01-10 01:40:09 by Toa Kovolta
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-10 13:51:37 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • So, I have a few questions regarding this whole thing: How big is the ship, how much of it is Techna itself, and can we leave Techna to explore the rest of the ship?

Hey guys, best answer I got to this was "this ship is huge." Could you please clarify a bit? 'Twould be much appreciated.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-10 14:54:19 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Indeed. Mass genocide is part of the job. >=D

Remember kids, only the GMs have a cannon big enough to treat NPCs as cannon fodder.-Dovydas

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-10 16:10:39 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • So, I have a few questions regarding this whole thing: How big is the ship, how much of it is Techna itself, and can we leave Techna to explore the rest of the ship?

Hey guys, best answer I got to this was "this ship is huge." Could you please clarify a bit? 'Twould be much appreciated.
    Well, according to this map of Techna I whipped together a little before the polls began, each square quadrant is one hundred square meters. Techna is thirty squares east-west (A.K.A. three thousand meters, or three kilometers) and ten squares north-south (one thousand meters, or one kilometer). I could change that fact if necessary, but at the moment it seems large enough to me.

Indeed. Mass genocide is part of the job. >=D

Remember kids, only the GMs have a cannon big enough to treat NPCs as cannon fodder.-Dovydas
    Also note that "Game Master" forms the same acronym as "Godmod". :sly:But don't worry, players; we hosts won't abuse our powers for the sake of winning -- after all, we can't have fun if we're steamrolling everyone.EDIT: The first three letters of "moderator" are filted into the full word. :blink:

• Edited on 2012-01-10 16:11:42 by Legolover-361
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-10 17:14:26 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • I might have characters die; but like Lev, I typically only kill off characters if they need that for character plots and/or development. =P Though, then there's times when I want characters killed off, but people don't get the hint, and instead start to heal the character instead. xD *coughlevcough*

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-10 19:07:17 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP

Well, according to this map of Techna I whipped together a little before the polls began, each square quadrant is one hundred square meters. Techna is thirty squares east-west (A.K.A. three thousand meters, or three kilometers) and ten squares north-south (one thousand meters, or one kilometer). I could change that fact if necessary, but at the moment it seems large enough to me.
    So then, the city of Techna takes up the entirety of the ship?Also, just saying, as Lev said, three square kilometers is a bit small for the entire world of an RPG.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-10 22:27:14 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • No, Techna doesn't take up the entirety of the starship. It's only within the central part. The entire starship is at least two kilometers longer than the space-city itself.Three square kilometers isn't much, true, but if the starship (right now measured at five kilometers) were much larger, it would be in more danger from incoming asteroids, slower to accelerate, etc. Right now it's just large enough to hold all of its population while being small enough to stay nimble.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-10 22:43:54 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • ... *sigh*Every day I come back to this, there are four new pages.I just don't know what to do anymore. LL, to be honest with you, I was never into this RPG when you first posted it way back when. I shouldn't have taken up duty as co-GM here in the first place.So... I resign. Give my place to someone else.-Skar

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-10 22:48:31 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • I'll take his place!oh wait

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-10 22:53:23 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • I could take his place. But I'unno; I'm still more busy than KNI and LL with other stuff. I can keep up with Techna. Just as long as you guys do your 1/5 of the work, I think I could be a co-GM.If anyone wishes to dispute my claim, do so. I posted this in Discussion for a reason.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-10 23:07:24 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Well, I could do it, seeing as I'm online quite often throughout the day.

But, I don't know if I'm really qualified for doing anything more than being a normal RPer.

Or Pein, he could probably do it better than I could.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-10 23:15:57 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • I'm online enough, but since I'm (trying) to play three RPGs and am working on an Elder Scrolls one in COT, which if I get it past would take up a lot of time running... no, I have to decline. :-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-10 23:45:49 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • "raises hand" Me? Maybe...But, seriously, I understand your pain, Skarloth, but I tend to be on most of the day so I'm blessed with being able to not miss much of anything. :P-Mef

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-10 23:46:39 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • I'm already co-GMing Dreamland, so I'd take it only if Pein couldn't. But he's a good RPer and deserves the position. Give it to him unless he suddenly says no.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-10 23:50:36 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • I vote Pein. If not him, Toa of Dancing.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 00:06:43 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • I vote Pein as well.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 00:29:02 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Yeah, go with Pein. At least what we get is right there on the tin...(Bad joke?)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Edited on 2012-01-11 00:29:25 by Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 00:29:53 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • ... *sigh*Every day I come back to this, there are four new pages.I just don't know what to do anymore. LL, to be honest with you, I was never into this RPG when you first posted it way back when. I shouldn't have taken up duty as co-GM here in the first place.So... I resign. Give my place to someone else.-Skar

I understand. Do you want to keep your Toa Techna character, Fulok? I'm not very eager to retcon his existence... If you just want Fulok off the Toa Techna, you could have him contact Torch with his resignation and then have him do whatever.I'm sorry to see you go, but if you can't keep up, it's probably for the best.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 00:34:56 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • No! Don't kick Fulok off the team! Zaphos has a Fulok constraction figure!

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 00:49:29 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • I would love to be a GM... :PUm is someone going to respond to Rust's last ic post?Oh do I need a visa or something like that for Photo. He is essentially an illegal alien right now. He did appeared out of no where.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 00:50:55 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • If Fulok leaves the team, a special-edition Good-Bye Fulok construction arc will be released.Now you can't say anything against it, can you? :sly:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 00:52:03 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • ...Well that's good enough.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 00:52:24 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Or you could have Fulok discover the existance of a criminal syndicate by trailing a black cat made out of metal and investigate, only to find himself overpowered by a rogue toa of fire who utterly destroys him before he can stop his evil plans, thus demonstrating the villains potential for evil and extreme fighting abilities to the whole world...Or he could resign and live in the retirement home and hope Black Mage doesn't show up.Or he could stop being a member of the Toa Techna and instead simply be a normal character, continuing his once-per-four-page existence as a crime fighter who rarely shows up.Or mutated wasps from space could show up and eat him.Possibilities are endless for the goodbye Fulok story arc.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Edited on 2012-01-11 00:52:52 by Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 00:55:11 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Or mutated wasps from space could show up and eat him.

I'm rather patial to this myself.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 01:25:59 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • I did not say kill Fulok, now did I?I can finish my own characters off, if I even decide to finish them off. Just pull Fulok from the Toa Techna team, for one reason or another.-Skar

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 02:36:51 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Done, Skar. Fulok is now free of commitments to the Toa Techna.It looks like Pein is the most popular candidate for co-GM at the moment. I'll make a decision tomorrow (read: three days from now XD).

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 02:39:59 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • There are now three Techna members...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 02:41:56 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Are there only three, now? This is quite a surprise....Um, if someone could please give me a brief summary of events that have happened in the past couple of days, I would really appreciate it. XPBusy with school but still determined to honor his commitments,Shyyrn

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 02:52:07 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Yes, KNI, 'tis a dire predicament. I'm expecting all the staff, including whoever will soon be hired, to watch out for worthy players and characters; the Toa Techna's ranks are small, and while five co-hosts is enough in my opinion, five Toa Techna is pitiful.Shyyrn, nothing of importance to your character has happened. Skarloth has resigned from being co-host, and a few people have offered to replace him. Torch has closed Pro Coding Corp. due to a hacking attack, and Amnchey has revealed herself as a Hacker only to Torch (no meta-gaming, guys!). Matrapolix and Enaltai are fighting in Central Square.In short, Shyyrn, Forcyte has no commitments to honor at the moment. I don't know if Forcyte is still with Awk or not, but either way, feel free to have them wherever.In other, still somewhat related news, I've taken a placement test at a local community college, and my results suggest I'm clear to begin taking college mathematics courses in the coming semester. :happydance: Taking those classes, coupled with having to deal with two co-ops, will severely cut down my available time to roleplay, so if I grow inactive during late January and most if not all of February, that's why.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 02:55:22 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Wait, hired? We get paid? :P And, congrats on the college stuff. :D -Mef

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 02:55:33 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Congrats, bro. Let's hope you find time at least every few days for us. =P

• Edited on 2012-01-11 02:55:52 by Toa of Dancing
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 02:56:30 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Paid? That's cute.We get extra inches of living space if we do a good job. :)

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 02:56:42 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • Understood.Forcyte has been hunting the Ghost Program the entire time. However, expect him to pop out in the outside world... unexpectedly. :PGood luck with your classes!-Shyyrn

• Edited on 2012-01-11 02:58:26 by Shyyrn
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 02:57:26 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • That's better than nothing... :P-Mef

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 02:59:24 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • To start, I think Levs could play a good Techna.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 03:00:42 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • *coughnoonelookhereIwouldn'tdogoodatallnosireecough*Sorry, really bad cold there.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 03:02:06 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • If Pein can't, I'm willing.. :/

• Edited on 2012-01-11 03:02:36 by Rakata
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2012-01-11 03:03:24 UTC
    Techna Network Relay
    View post on BZP
  • We'd need someone who spends twelve hours a day online, has no life and lives in a similar time zone to everyone else.*Everybody stares at me*Sorry guys, I live at least ten hours ahead of you guys.

• Tags: