Six Kingdoms: Rebirth -- Out Of Character Topic

skrooc
A vista of Kini-Nui from the Mata Nui Online Game
  • Posted 2020-12-21 23:05:41 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • As the inaugural poster of page 137 of the Gameplay topic it is my profound honor to ask, on behalf of the entire player community, the following lore question:

• Who is the Aspect who desecrated Waveahk in the Coliseum?

@Unreliable Narrator

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-22 00:02:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I do believe the same aspect that desecrated Keitara. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-22 00:08:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Great. Thanks. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-22 00:09:24 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Anytime. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-22 05:08:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Congratulations to @Nato the Traveler, @Toru Nui, and @Onaku on foolishly engaging a Nullifier Vahki in combat! You have unlocked the Nullifier's profile, which I will post below for convenience. It will also be added to the GM NPC master post in the profiles topic whenever we get around to it.

Name: Nullifier Vahki

Breed: Vahki

Faction: Metru-Nui

Description: Nullifier Vahki (or 'Nullifiers') have a similar appearance to regular Vahki. Built entirely of metal painted in two colors, they can switch at will between a biped and a quadruped mode, and they do not suffer from pain, exhaustion, or other organic traits. Their "mandibles" can summon and fire disks, and they can telepathically communicate with the hive and with other units. However, Nullifiers are bulkier than regular Vahki. As they were designed to respond to violent situations, their joints and vulnerable areas have been reinforced with extra plating that is designed to nullify elemental attacks. They also carry twin stun staffs through which they can fire bolts of energy with various effects, or use to physically defend themselves if necessary.

Powers/Abilities: 

(1) Nullifiers can 'turn off' or nullify a specific innate ability of any single being they can see. The Nullifier must be aware of the ability's existence (i.e. it cannot nullify an ability it is not aware of), and the Nullifier must maintain constant line of sight (LOS) with the target. As long as the Nullifier can see its target, the target's ability cannot be activated or accessed in any way. If the Nullifier loses LOS with its target, the nullified ability can be accessed again. Only innate abilities of biomechanical beings can be nullified: gear and tools are not affected.

(2) Due to their nullification technology, Nullifiers are unaffected by the elemental damage of elemental attacks. They still take the physical damage of an elemental attack.

(3) Each Nullifier carries a pair of stun staffs. These staffs can fire bolts of energy which have one of six effects on the target they hit, depending on the type of staff it was fired from. Each effect is temporary, and will wear off over time:

Command: the target's mind is filled with a single overriding command that must be obeyed.

Loyalty: the target is filled with a strong desire for order.

Suggestion: the target becomes more susceptible to suggestions.

Confusion: the target's sense of time and place is scrambled.

Erasing: the targer's higher mental functions are turned off, leaving only their motor skills intact.

Presence: the Vahki can see and hear whatever the target sees or hears. The target is unaware of this.

(4) Nullifiers can summon Kanoka disks from the nearest Vahki hive. These disks vary in strength and ability.

(5) Nullifiers can telepathically communicate with other Vahki and with the nearest Vahki hive. They can use their connection with the hive to access criminal records, city databases, and other sources of information.

(6) Nullifiers can act independently of a Vahki hive if needed. By generating an ultrasonic frequency that nearby Vahki can hone in on, they can become a ‘hotspot’ and create a limited hive mind, allowing them to act outside of a hive’s range. This temporary hive mind has limited strength, and can accommodate less than a dozen Vahki before it reaches its limit.

Flaws:

(1) When Nullifiers begin the nullification process, a glowing cylindrical canister emerges from between their shoulder blades. This is where the nullification energy radiates from. Should the canister be shattered, the Vahki loses the ability to nullify.

(2) Nullifiers, being more heavily armored, are slower and bulkier than regular Vahki. They can be more easily out-maneuvered and outpaced.

(3) Nullifiers must maintain LOS to nullify an innate ability. Losing LOS ends the nullification.

4) Like all Vahki, Nullifiers must obey the commands of their masters. They will attempt to carry out orders without regard for their own safety or survival.

(5) Like all Vahki, Nullifiers do not feel pain or exhaustion. Without these warning mechanisms, they can literally tear themselves apart in pursuit of an objective.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-22 07:12:15 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I, having made it to the 138th post, shall now ask a question for our lord Kughii.

Whatever happened to Toa Lhikan and Toa Nidhiki? Are they both alive and around?

@Unreliable Narrator

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-22 07:38:58 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Congratulations on page 138! 

Nidhiki vanished before the very end of SKE, he has not been confirmed deceased. 

Lhikan was last seen in his cell near the end of SKE, and is MIA.  

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-22 07:46:41 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • This lore is terrible. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-23 07:47:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Huh, having top paged page 139, I ask this very important question.

If the Matoran were to return to Metru-Nui, with the war officially being ended and peace being established. Would the remaining League soldiers/citizens accept the Matoran, even begrudgingly, or would they be openly hostile, lethally so?

@Unreliable Narrator

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-23 07:59:12 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • This is a great question! 

The inhabitants of Metru-Nui at this time are almost exclusively surviving soldiers from the League of Six Kingdoms, converted matoran who abandoned their faith in favor of survival, and scavenging rahi. While most of these characters remain in the background of the game's narrative as NPCs, I would say that with the sudden transition of power from the Barraki to Aurax's Kingdom those living in Metru-Nui are in a state of shock, confusion, and soul searching. Their initial unified goal of true freedom led to the destruction of their home world (GSR body) -- and they have no way of going back. While Aurax may have won leadership through combat, he did not gain the support of the military or spiritual leadership prior. It looks like he's now working to do so through the vahki. Additionally, there is the complication of Ehlek.

And now those who hold true to the Leauge's ideals have returned to challenge Aurax's rule. 

In short, it's complicated and depends entirely on gameplay, but I personally see many peaceful opportunities for an integrated and equitable future in the city of Metru-Nui.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-23 08:01:27 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Thank you so much Kughii for that answer, it most certainly makes things a lot easier for us trying to figure out what Metru-Nui is looking like and how plausible peace honestly is.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-23 08:16:17 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • This is delicious lore. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-23 09:23:29 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • @Kal the GuardianGuardian, I see Sorilax went into the Far Shore. After rolling the dice, here are your prompts:

Timeline: A (optional prompts: destiny, prosperity, strength)

Element: Ice

Conflict: Character vs Supernatural

Twist: "be careful what you wish for"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-23 09:32:28 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Thank you! :D

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-24 06:58:22 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Why are the Aspects of Makuta afraid of Tren Krom? 

i.e., what does Mr. TK represent to the Aspects?

• Edited on 2020-12-24 06:59:09 by EmperorWhenua
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-24 07:23:18 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Aspects fear Tren Krom because Tren Krom is beyond them. Aspects, or rather antiderms, are escapees, and work to create their own reality through personal growth and the accumulation of followers. Tren Krom exists beyond these hopes and dreams, and can just as easily snuff out in an instant the very things aspects spend entire lifetimes creating.

Tren Krom, in short, represents the immutable and permanent end of all things for aspects.

Congrats, @EmperorWhenua, on a new page!

• Edited on 2020-12-24 07:23:57 by Unreliable Narrator
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-24 07:26:32 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • It sounds like Tren Krom could be the "end of all things" any being, not just Aspects. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-24 07:29:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Tren Krom could be, yes.

Could also be something else.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-24 19:32:24 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Hey all, what's hard light? I've seen it used in two games and I got no idea what it is. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-24 20:25:55 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • It’s light. That’s hard. 

lol. It’s just another way of saying something created from solid light (I.e. the photons are frozen in place)

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-24 20:56:15 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Interesting! Is this a legitimate real world phenomenon or just some cool space magic technobabble? I don't have an issue with it at this time.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-24 21:00:27 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • It's a hypothetical material, according to current science. It features in a lot of sci-fi franchises eg. Halo, Star Trek, Portal, etc. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-24 21:26:36 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Very cool!

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-24 21:41:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • There’s also precedence for it in Bionicle canon: 

Biosector01 lists “creating solid or intangible holograms” as a power of Light, and also states that Solek was able to create solid objects made of light while he’s connected to a Toa (so it’s not out of the realm of possibility for a Toa of Light to be able to do that naturally). 

Just a fun bit a trivia for you :D

• Edited on 2020-12-24 21:41:49 by ~Xemnas~
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-24 21:48:31 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Thanks, appreciated!

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-25 15:16:42 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

Although this hasn't been the best year, it has still been one with its moments. So, to all the lovely and incredible people here, I wish for you all a wonderful time with your families and the hope for a better new year.

Merry Christmas, and a happy new year.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-25 16:42:07 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Beautiful words, Sparticus. :D

As for myself, it has brought me such joy to play SKR with all of you. I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-25 22:43:55 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Merry Christmas and happy holidays to those who celebrate. While I may have caught a cold for the holidays, I do wish you all a peaceful and cozy end of the year. 

• Edited on 2020-12-25 22:44:20 by Unreliable Narrator
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-26 01:22:14 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Happy holidays everyone! This year has been a couple different flavours of crazy, but this game has been a consistent bright spot through it all. Thank you to UN for your tireless work and your big ideas, and thank you to everyone else who has helped bring those ideas to life. It's been a joy playing with you all. :) 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-26 07:36:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Well, I was first on the new page. Didn't think that would happen.

With some input from Discord: how long has the GSR been away from Zakaz/Xa-Nui?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-26 20:28:13 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Congratulations on a new page!

For those on Zakaz? Ten thousand years at least since Irnakk's Prized arrived and Mata Nui led the exodus from the Time Between Time. With protoderms being basically immortal unless wounded, time is a much larger amount than if we were playing mortals. It's also harder to predict and calculate. 

All of the generally accepted "GSR" matoran history happened up until the 6 kingdoms era, with some strange differences of course given the lack of the Brotherhood of Makuta. I know that's a very large period of time. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-27 04:47:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • @Sparticus147,you're making me cry with Vulimai's war diary. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-27 04:49:47 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Oh my goodness, you have no idea how happy that makes me to see that Kughii, thank you.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-27 08:45:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Edited on 2020-12-27 08:45:55 by Unreliable Narrator
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-27 08:51:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • On 12/22/2020 at 5:12 PM, Sparticus147 said:

Whatever happened to Toa Lhikan and Toa Nidhiki? Are they both alive and around?

Well, I guess we finally have a good answer for this question. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-27 20:48:35 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • @Unreliable Narrator Now that we are less than a week till the end of SKR, there are a few questions concerning SKA.

• Is there going to be a timeskip between SKR and SKA, and if so, how long?
    • Is there going to be an imposed character limit?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-27 20:50:55 UTC
    View post on BZP
    1. Yes, you should have more details soon
    2. Yes, you should have more details soon

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-28 00:59:16 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Congratulations everyone, an ending route has been unlocked for SKR!

You have elected the Apocalypse ending by pursuing what lay behind the NUVA devices and the bunker doors of Kini-Nui. I'm very excited for what comes in the final installment of the trilogy this January in Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse.

Rebirth remains open through the 31st of December. I highly recommend getting your characters through whatever current scene they are in, or work with the players involved OOC to discuss how it might be resolved during a time-skip between games. We'll be kicking up with character creation for Apocalypse on January 1st in the New Year! I will be available, as always, via PMs and to respond to requests for interaction where needed. However, my primary focus will be on getting the content for the next game finalize with Veef and Eyru. 

Don't forget, there's a post-game survey. That will be up soon, so keep a look out for that!

As always, happy gaming,

Unreliable Narrator (AKA Kughii)

P.S. the lizards say hi

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-28 01:55:24 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • It's time to take the post-game survey! Thank you for playing SKR! Please fill out the survey so we know what you liked, didn't like, and can get your thoughts on whether or not the surveys are too long. :P

HERE IT IS

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-12-28 01:59:18 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • double post - get him fellas

new-jack-city-wesley-snipes-715x401.jpg

• Tags: