Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

skr gameplay
A vista of Kini-Nui from the Mata Nui Online Game
  • Posted 2020-04-01 16:00:45 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

There was something ... off about this individual. Something that prickled in the back of her brain.

"I'd love to see these maps and such, traveller," Irna said, holding a hand out to the Vortixx.

OOC: @Harvali

IC: Parnassus | Fort Nektann

"Ahoy, my friend!"

Parnassus, shadows fluttering around their neck in the shape of poncho, steadily walked towards the garage where a massive Skakdi was busy at work, wheeling their hoverbike along next to them. Fort Nektann -- Parnassus had heard about the place from travellers on the road, and from the occasional zealot-to-be who made the trek through the Fau Swamp to the ol' Aspect homestead. But to see it up close....

"Wonderful place, wonderful! Real ... how do you say?" they said. "Salt of the earth, yes, yes."

OOC: @Burnmad

-Void

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 16:15:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC “Collector” - Metru-Koro

Collector nodded like a Gukko hovering, “oh of course, friends share things they own with each other. But be careful, my bike is not great at enduring all the dust, they might have crackled when it was jostled.

The tablets were carved from stone, engraved with simple notes written in Matoran. A few were crude sketches of the north of Zakaz, though the northeast was merely marked with a note saying “Main Skakdi fort here?” It might occur to Irna, that she had seen something not too dissimilar to the general shape of this map somewhere before.

Other than that, there were some notes on Rahi and local plants, like notes on how Mahi horns might be useful for climbing tools or for the ends of pole-arms. 

OOC: @Conway the island is a version of Mata-Nui, so it should vaguely resemble the layout of Metru-Nui. @Unreliable Narrator Would any temples or ruins be noted on the rough map of northern Zakaz too? 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 17:07:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Nale Vella - "Po-Koro"

A Skakdi causing trouble? Not surprising, but the fact a Matoran had been hurt bothered her. This was a bold move, meant to send a message to them.

"I think you should go check on that Matoran, and tend to the village. I'll be here...resting."

@Harvali

IC: Datrox Karvan - Metru-Koro

"It's a fine harvest," I replied, trying to be reassuring to Navu. "My name is Datrox," I said with a slight bow, hand over my heartlight. "I don't believe we've ever met before, Navu. Although there are many refugees I've yet to become acquainted with."

@Toru Nui

IC: Jutori - Metru-Koro

The pair walked through the crowd of Matoran refugees, all doing their part to keep the village running. Many had returned to their jobs they had prior to the crash in an attempt at normalcy: Ta-Matoran were working on building new forges, and Ko-Matoran scholars were still being...scholarly.

"Stannis is around, if you wish to speak with him," Jutori said to Vashni. "As for our other friends, every one is scattered across the camps, so it's a bit hard to keep track..."

@Snelly

• Edited on 2020-04-01 22:46:29 by Tarn
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 17:39:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Mazor-Wilderness

Mazor turned, and calmly put his hands on the hilt of his sword. He thought for a moment about giving a false name, but decided not to. "I'm Mazor, who are you?"

@Toru Nui

IC: Jephro-Metru-Koro gate

At the gate Arkius would meet a young toa of gravity, sitting on the ground, practicing levitating several small stones in his hand.

@Onaku

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 17:44:00 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Navu (Metru-Koro)

"Well, I don't know many people around here either. There's Turaga Sans, of course. That Toa of Plantlife, Tekmo has been helping out with the farming, but beyond that, I don't really know any of these people. Well, apart from you, now."

@Tarn

IC: Gnabol (Wilderness)

"Sorry, but my line of questioning wasn't quite finished. Who do you work for, exactly? Why are you here?!"

@Smudge8

• Edited on 2020-04-01 18:29:47 by Toru Nui
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 17:46:24 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi stared she … she was a Toa, shouldn’t she come too? She wouldn’t have to fight, he wouldn’t even want her to if she craved it, but she could do something. She … what about her duty to the Matoran, especially to one who may have been attacked? What about the Matoran standing in unity? 

A cry sounded in the distance, and he remembered himself. She … she was a Toa, and she knew more than he did. Didn’t she? And even if she … well the Toa had a right to be troubled after everything. And Kanohi, he had a duty to the Matoran too, and he would not fail his power. Not again. 

He began to walked away, before hesitating and speaking to the Toa. “Um, I will check on the Matoran. But um, do you think you could heal them if they are hurt? Like I mean, well with your magnetism, could you reset any broken servos, buff out any scratches, just help heal their body with your element? Um, sorry, it was just a thought.”

With that he hurried away, heading towards where Matoran were gathering around the injured Ko-Matoran. “Breathe easy. What has happened?” he asked the victim.

OOC: @Tarn @Azibo

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 17:49:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

The Twi-Toa nodded at Irna before wordlessly picking up a big from his vehicle, slinging over his shoulder, and followed Tekmo to his hut. Tekmo cut right to the matter with his question.

Slowly, Skorm nodded. "Yeah. In the... the old world, right before it ended, you three helped put me back together, brainwash-free. Still no memory of how I came into Lord Ta... Takadox's thrall, but a clean slate, pretty much."

He shifted his position. "And the last thing I did before all this happened, the first decision I made as me, was to find you guys."

IV chirped cheerfully. "So yeah," Skorm continued, "I guess I owe you guys a favor."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 18:51:05 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Ulkarr (Po-Koro)

Ulkarr's first impression of the refugee camp known as Po-Koro was a crowd of bodies surrounding a broken yet still functioning body. "What happened here?"

@Harvali@Tarn

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro, Tekmo's Hut)

"If you intend to speak with the others, that may be difficult. I've not seen Oreius since we settled here, and Ardoku has been missing since our escape from the Great Temple. All of the Matoran inside managed to make it here safely, thankfully." Tekmo poured some water from a jug behind his desk into a cup, and offered it to Skorm. "Drink?"

@Keeper of Kraata

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 19:06:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Stannis | Metru Koro

You’ll remember, not all the matoran consider me as much the beacon of goodwill you see me as...” Stannis murmured. While most of the interactions with matoranfolk he had on his most recent trip through Metru Nui were positive ones, there were plenty who considered him a bygone relic from a time when his mysticism was more commonplace, and others still looked at Stannis as a dark man of war instead of a wise man of peace, a contrast that was coincidentally echoed in the difference between the two old men’s pasts. Still, dutiful to the last, he would stay if he were asked and given good cause, for a time. He nodded animatedly. “I can still help.

The newly-minted toa Dume had created in his last moments were all over the place, unskilled with their powers, and scattered without purpose, much like all the other refugees. Stannis had come to offer his help, and it seemed to him that Sans very much needed his hand in administration. It seemed his role as high priest and teacher was not yet finished. “My life is full of occasions of being where I was when I was needed, and it seems Mata Nui’s touch continues to guide me even here on this land. When I went to Metru Nui it was under the auspices of raising a defense of the city against the Barraki hordes, and while we have lost the City for now, I feel this is just another grander cycle of events I must play my part in. I will stay a while and ensure the people here are well informed and prepared for the challenges in this old land.

But while most toa here are moving without list, I do have a quest of my own I must attend to in time. You mentioned the mysteries of the south, and the unspoken of threats therein. I know some of what lies down there. Hidden in the hungry murk of that swamp is something far more terrible, and more evil, than the Barraki. And yet, we will have to face it one day.

• Edited on 2020-04-01 19:33:33 by EmperorWhenua
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 19:16:53 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: @Azibo @Toru Nui a new quest begins?

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

I … me and my friend, we were coming to Po-Koro. We had … we had found something,” The Ko-Matoran struggled to speak, “in the wreck of M-Mata-Nui. An Impact Crystal Launcher. She was … carrying it. We thought the cold in the north, would make its crystals grow larger. Maybe even … make … a new Knowledge Tower in Po-Koro.

A Knowledge Tower? I … you can make one?” He had seen those gigantic towering structures when he had patrolled near Ko-Metru, if Po-Koro could make one, even a small one, they would have a much more durable shelter, maybe could survive a Skakdi-Xa raid.

But that could wait, “what happened to your friend?

He … ran her over. Like a mound of snow, left her in the wilderness. She … she had the launcher. Then he took me here, broke my mask. We … we have to find her, she might still be alive, and the launcher, I don’t think he found it—

We will try to rescue her, but you need to rest,” Kanohi said quietly, “you have suffered enough, you need time to heal. Then we can try to find out where you last saw her and where she might be now.

Then Kanohi spotted a tall stranger staring at the group, were they a Toa? “Hello, Um, Toa-hero, this Matoran was injured by one of the native Skakdi, he ran over their companion too, she may be still lost in the wilderness. Um, have you come from Metru-Koro?

• Edited on 2020-04-01 19:17:25 by Harvali
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 19:30:36 UTC
    View post on BZP

"No. But, perhaps I can offer my services in helping you find this 'companion'."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 19:36:11 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Pardehi

"I'm here to ask for his help procuring some medical supplies for the village. I'd hate for anyone to go untreated because of a delay in the supply chain."

He paused. "I don't mean to cause offense, but what could possibly be so important that you have to speak to him right away?"

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Edited on 2020-04-01 19:37:16 by Biological Chronicler
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 19:40:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Oh, thank you. Um, what is your name, Toa?” Kanohi looked over at this Toa, there certainly were a lot of different kinds of Toa, back in Okoto he had only ever known Toa Fehagah, and apparently she was a bit odd for a Toa of Iron. At least, based on what other Matoran say.

Meanwhile the Ko-Matoran interrupted, “You need to hurry, find the launcher and Voka. She … she wouldn’t be able to endure the mountains well, she’s a Vo-Matoran, no protection from the cold. And the launcher, we need it. I need it. I can … draw you a map, I think I know—

You need to rest, first—

She and the Impact Crystal Launcher are more important, it can remake Ko-Metru it … it can’t just be destroyed. It … we need to get it back we need to. And Voka too. Please, I would do anything to get her and the launcher.

• Edited on 2020-04-01 19:51:28 by Harvali
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 20:02:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Irna | Metru-Koro Gates

Irna received the tablet gratefully. Sans, the leader of their camp, had become increasingly wary of exploratory trips in the past week, so their knowledge of the rest of the island was woefully deficient -- at least, in her eyes. Looking the rough-hewn map over, Irna tried to commit to memory the various snatches of information, all the while something nagged at the back of her mind about the whole....

"Hm," she said. "Looks a little like Metru-Nui, this place. Wouldn't you say?"

OOC: @Harvali

-Void

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 20:13:04 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Mazor-Wilderness @Toru Nui

Mazor began to slowly walk towards the stranger. "I'm new here, I'm just getting familiar with the terane. I don't work for anyone."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 20:15:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC “Collector” - Metru-Koro

Collector looked over her shoulder, they had not really looked at this maps before, but now, the resemblance was incredible. Some of the details were different, not to mention Mata-Nui’s head had smashed the whole west coast, but what they could see, especially in the well mapped north and center of the island…

You … you are completely right, friend how … how could we have not seen it? But how can this massive island of Zakaz look so much like a giant Metru-Nui?” They mumbled out loud, drumming their Kanoka blade with confusion, “I … and why were Skakdi already here for that matter, shouldn’t they all have been inside the Great Spirit with us? Why were they here long before us?” 

And if this place had connections to Metru-Nui, the old capital of the Matoran, and if people from the Matoran Universe were living on it already, then maybe those rumored temples … what if they held masks, maybe even a Garai? Then Collector could become a Toa, in power at least?

They were getting ahead of themself, but still, this geography, it couldn’t be ignored.

OOC: @Conway

• Edited on 2020-04-01 20:17:12 by Harvali
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 20:30:45 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

Skorm sighed as he took the cup. "I was afraid of that. I've been to a couple other refugee settlements, no sign of them." He looked at Tekmo. "I take it you've taken up protecting this one?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 20:31:45 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Barius - Fort Nektann

The Skakdi straightened up, whirling around to face the source of the unfamiliar voice. His face was fixed in a stern-looking sneer, an expression really only attainable for members of his species, but seemingly softened when he laid eyes on the individual that had spoken to him. His hand, which had darted towards a sizable wrench resting on a nearby stool, now relaxed and drifted back to his side. Normally, a visitor to Fort Nektann would find themselves surrounded and interrogated, perhaps even relieved of their belongings-- but a lone Aspect approaching them was a curious happening, representing danger, but also opportunity.

"Why have you come here?" Barius asked them, demonstrating already the extent of his tact in uncharted waters.

OOC: @Conway

• Edited on 2020-04-01 20:33:07 by Burnmad
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 20:35:15 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Knichou, near Irnakk's Tooth

The Taku floated majestically several hundred meters above the top of the mountain, drifting slowly in the wind as it had for most of that day.

Ever since he parted ways with Atamai and Okuo in the first days following the end of the universe, Knichou had been slowly scouting the island from high above it, practicing his powers by repairing the Taku's damage and rebuilding his lightstone rifle, occasionally using the wildlife far below as target practice as he fine tuned his rifle's design. These projects gave Knichou focus.

They also helped by keeping his mind away from the scary view of the bigger picture. The survivors of Metru Nui had built various refugee camps but Knichou had yet to visit. He couldn't bring himself to face his former companions. He hoped they survived, but felt he could not return until he knew what he needed to do. One more Toa's help wouldn't change the fact that once the League forces had finished consolidating their spoils from their victory in Metru Nui or if the native skakdi grew tired of their new neighbors, these refugee camps would be wiped out.

Knichou could only hope that he could find a way to gain the advantage before war broke out again. Thus, Knichou had traversed the majority of the island from overhead, taking note of native settlements, natural landmarks, and overgrown temples. This may be his only chance to see it all from above - given the city was destroyed, there was no telling how long the supply of kanoka would last. It wouldn't be all too long before Knichou would have to go to the settlements to stock up on levitation and weight increase kanoka.

Knichou noticed that his emergency vodka reserve was also running rather low. He might need to make that trip sooner rather than later. After lazily flicking several switches, the engines hummed to life and Knichou set his course.

• Edited on 2020-04-01 20:37:11 by BULiK
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 20:39:28 UTC
    View post on BZP

"My name is Ulkarr." He looks downward to address the Matoran. "You must draw us this map."

@Harvali@Tarn

IC: Achro (The Coliseum, Arena)

Discarding his opponent's body on the floor, Achro began to make his way up to the Barraki Fortress. It was time to figure out why they weren't killing yet.

IC: NU-8020S (The Coliseum)

Her squad of her fellow Nullifiers assembled, NU-8020S took them out into the wasteland in search of Takadox.

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro, Tekmo's Hut)

"Indeed. And I'd like for you to join me."

@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Waveahk (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut)

"It becomes hard for me not to take offense when you use the words 'what could possibly'."

@Biological Chronicler

IC: Gnabol (Wilderness)

Gnabol really, really wished he could read minds right about now. "You mean to tell me you're just out here for some fresh air?"

@Smudge8

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 20:43:25 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Pardehi - Metru Koro

He threw up his hands in frustration. This was getting nowhere. He turned around and walked in the direction of the road, hoping to make his journey on foot.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 20:59:29 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

The Ko-Matoran nodded, and shoved to push themself up. Kanohi started towards them, but the Ko-Matoran held up their hand to ward him off. Shakily the Ko-Matoran began to draw a rough map of the island in the dirt, circling a small spot on the west side of the central mountain.

Her armor is blue with white highlights, and she … she has a mask shaped like a Noble Mask of Mind Reading. Please … please save her, and the tool.” They slumped over, exhausted by the effort.

Kanohi swallowed he … that was close to the head, to the league. Quietly he said, “Toa Ulkarr, if you do chose to go, thank you. But if- if Voka has … passed away, please bury her body and mark the spot. At least let her rest.“

Though if she is dead,” a Matoran of Plasma urged, “if you can still recover her mask and the launcher, bring them here. We need all the masks we can get, and the launcher … it’s a weapon at least, if not a new home.” Kanohi winced at Supaka’s words, he wasn’t wrong completely , they did need the mask, and the launcher could help, but it … it was … a Matoran might be dead. And they were already planning to loot her. It was … horrible.

• Edited on 2020-04-01 21:02:47 by Harvali
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 21:18:56 UTC
    View post on BZP

"...I may need some help with this. I do not know what the 'launcher' looks like."

@Harvali@Tarn

IC: Waveahk (Metru-Koro)

"Never heard of 'queues', have we?" Waveahk muttered to himself after Pardehi left, before taking a swig of water from his canteen.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 21:19:50 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Arkius - Metru-Koro Gates

After his announcement, Arkius had made his way down the market street again, this time the eyes of various beings present following him before most of them returned to their previous business. As the earthen toa approached the gates, he noticed a Toa of Gravity sitting there on the ground, playing with some stones using his powers. "Hail and well met, brother. I don't suppose you heard my announcement earlier in the town square?"

@Smudge8

IC: Zadred - Metru-Koro Greenhouses

Green fingers gently caressed soil which a particular fruit-bearing plant was found in. In the days since the Cataclysm, a green house of sorts had been established along with the rest of Metru-Koro, built from glass made through the collaboration of fire and earth elementals, with a framework built by iron and plantlife elementals, resulting in a handful of strange glass domes with support structures of metal and wood. Within these domes were carefully maintained miniature ecosystems, plants bearing fruit and crops of different kinds carefully grown and harvested in these greenhouses to then feed the population of the refugee settlement.

Three days ago, Zadred had submerged in sand at the edge of the liquid protodermis lake. After barely evading the haunting undead constructs that wandered the place, she made her way across the strange and arid landscape, eventually finding her way to the settlement of Metru-Koro. Though thrown suspicious glances by some present, Zadred found a home here and a role, using her powers of plantlife channeled through her staff along with her own botanical know-how to help with the establishment of a food source for the refugees settled here.

So far her efforts had been a success. Working in conjunction with other plantlife elementals as well as some particularly skilled Bo-Matoran farmers, the Metru-Koro Greenhouse project had taken off with resounding success and speed. Right now Zadred was tending to a Vubraloan ankapple tree that was slowly starting to flower under the favorable conditions of the greenhouse. Soon enough it would start to bear fruit, small ones due to its current diminutive size, but ones that would help cultivate more of its rare kind.

OOC: Arkius open for approach regarding the announcement, Zadred open for interaction in general.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 21:30:36 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kanohi - Po-Koro

I can help,” Supaka volunteered, stepping forward, “I’ve seen weapons like that before.” He was standing to the side, he was a white and orange Matoran with a Huna blended with both colors. He held a small stone spear in his left hand, and his eyes burned with an intensity. Was it greed, or just desperation?

Kanohi sighed, “my leg is mostly mended, and while I do not know what those launchers look like, too many Matoran have died. I … I will follow too, though I must do a few things first. I need try to help this wary traveler recover first, and he might have more information when he awakes. I also will need to speak to some of the others in our camp, make sure they can excuse my absence.”

OOC: @Toru Nuiyou can either puppet this npc or I can if you would prefer. 

• Edited on 2020-04-01 21:31:05 by Harvali
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 21:34:33 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • 5 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Dume's Office)

"Probably should have built downwards then, like the Archives. Anyway, their 'god' was quite an unpleasant individual. Their faith would shatter if they knew what he was really like. Ah well. Shall we see if our masters require anything of us?"

IC: Zaliyah - The Coliseum

"I suppose so," she nodded, "Though I suspect Pridak's strategy remains unchanged: rebuild our strength, and reclaim the Mask of Creation."

There was a new strategy Zaliyah was considering. Perhaps with their numbers so weakened Pridak might actually be willing to listen when she pitched it.

5 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Enra (Irnakk's Tooth)

"They've made enemies. Subtle distinction. It's not my fault they're all murderous self-aggrandizing clowns... I'm guessing that, since you're new here, you don't know what this mountain's about?"

IC: Xane - Irnakk's Tooth

"I don't know the significance... but I know the name," he replied, "The Skakdi of my world also know of Irnakk. There is clearly some shared heritage between us." 

5 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Klawne (Ruined Temple)

"For a while. May I ask why you've come?"

IC: Sidra - Earth Temple

"Wait, how long's a while?" Something about the Turaga's demeanour, his unfamiliarity with her, struck her as odd. "Are you from the giant head, or a native of this island?"

@Toru Nui

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 21:59:55 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Very well. I will be here, waiting."

OOC: You can have him, I wouldn't know what to do with him.

@Harvali@Tarn

"Oh, most likely. I just don't like waiting around, you know?" Ostrox led Zaliyah to the elevator, and pressed the button to go down.

IC: Achro (The Coliseum, Barraki Fortress)

Achro entered Pridak's throne room. "So. My lord. Anything you'd like from me?"

@Unreliable Narrator

"Yeah, well, there's something under this mountain called 'the Nightmare Pits'. I've never seen them myself, and hopefully, I won't ever have to. Sometimes, idiots like to toss some poor blighter in as a 'sacrifice'. So, yeah, lovely tourist destination."

"Well, I'd like to think of myself as a native, considering it was my people who used to live on this island, and not the Skakdi. Oh, and in this instance, a while's about half an hour."

@Nato the Traveler

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 22:04:55 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Oh boy, here we go again!

IC, Atamai: Metru-Koro

Atamai was looking to build a team. 

Not a Toa team, but an exploration team. Atamai has heard from some scouts that there were temples dotting the island that the head of Mata Nui had landed on. An Archivist at heart, Atamai couldn’t resist the allure of exploring a temple. Perhaps there were artifacts inside them that could be of use to the refugees of Atamai’s world. 

As he walked through the streets, he passed by a greenhouse. It looked relatively new. There was someone inside. Atamai entered and saw a Skakdi of Plantlife tending to the crops inside. 

He cleared his throat. “Ahem, excuse me... I’m looking for people to join me in exploring parts of this island. Would you be interested?”

He cringed internally. He sounded like one of those people who jumped out at you on the street trying to market some new invention or trying to get you to support some politician or another. 

IC, Kohara: Metru-Koro

“Okay, Iradra, try again,” Kohara said. She had taken it onto herself to tutor Iradra in the ways of elemental light. 

“Imagine yourself bending the light around you. Imagine yourself disappearing, becoming invisible. Once you master invisibility, we can move on to more advanced techniques.”

• Edited on 2020-04-01 22:09:49 by ~Xemnas~
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 22:13:22 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • 1 minute ago, Toru Nui said:

"Oh, most likely. I just don't like waiting around, you know?" Ostrox led Zaliyah to the elevator, and pressed the button to go down.

IC: Zaliyah - The Coliseum

"Fair enough," she nodded, following him into the elevator. 

1 minute ago, Toru Nui said:

"Yeah, well, there's something under this mountain called 'the Nightmare Pits'. I've never seen them myself, and hopefully, I won't ever have to. Sometimes, idiots like to toss some poor blighter in as a 'sacrifice'. So, yeah, lovely tourist destination."

IC: Xane - Irnakk's Tooth

"Nightmare pits? My homeland didn't have any of those," he mused. As much as he disliked giving credence to stereotypes, the skakdi of this world truly did sound savage. But not all of them, evidently. "I get the impression you don't put much stock in the beliefs of your people?" He asked Enra.  

1 minute ago, Toru Nui said:

"Well, I'd like to think of myself as a native, considering it was my people who used to live on this island, and not the Skakdi. Oh, and in this instance, a while's about half an hour."

IC: Sidra - Earth Temple 

In one sentence, Sidra had learned more about this land than she had in a week. 

"So there were Toa and Matoran here before the skakdi came? Did your people build these temples?" 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 22:18:27 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Mazor-Wilderness @Toru Nui

Mazor smiled, "You could say that." He stoped and relaxed his posture. "Look, I just got here a week ago, when the giant robot crashed. I'm just trying to make a life in this new place."

IC: Jephro-Metru-Koro Gate @Onaku

Jephro looked up, and the stones clattered into his palm. "Oh, hello brother." He stood up and brushed himself off. "I did. I wasn't sure if you'd need me, but I'm willing to help wherver I can.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 22:20:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

The little Fe-Matoran got to work, checking in with the Matoran, mending any of the crude stone huts that he had neglected healing. As he was working he walking past Toa Nale, and hesitated. He … she needed to be informed.

Kanohi swallowed, and then said “Toa Nale, um, the Ko-Matoran was traveling with another, a Vo-Matoran who was run over by that Skakdi. The Skakdi was the one who broke the Ko-Matoran’s mask too. The other Matoran may be alive, but either way we … we need to find her. And if she is … we need to let her rest. There is something else too, she was carrying a weapon that we might be able to use to grow a Knowledge Tower. That might mean a new shelter for Po-Koro, a sturdier one.“

I am going to try to find her and the weapon. Another Toa has come, I do not know their element or their mask, but they said they will help. But … would you be interested in coming too? The other Toa can fight for us, I would not ask you to fight. Otherwise … would you mind helping out at the camp while I am gone, to mend what tools and machines we have with your powers? I hate to bother.But it is your duty. 

OOC: @Tarn

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 22:26:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Sans, Turaga's Hut

"I shudder at the thought... or maybe it's just gas, huhuhuhu."  Sans laughed at his own joke, as usual.  He wanted to show Stannis that he was still the same light-hearted man even if these times were trying.  "In time, then.  I hope you don't go alone; please remember that no one asks you do everything by yourself.  We can't afford any reckless heroes in these times.  Do you have any concrete idea as to what lies in the south?  Tell me true, what have you heard lurks in those swamps and jungles?"  Sans looked at Stannis, their old eyes meeting each others.

"Thank you for staying, at least for now.  The new Toa especially look up to you.  I hope you guide them and give them some idea of some way they can help, whether that's directing fortification or construction efforts, organizing exploratory squads, or working to solve this island's new mysteries.  Please, though, let me know you're leaving before you're gone.  If you're heading out, do be careful, and kind.  And send the big blue guy in.  He came here for some reason, no doubt.  I think I'll stay here the rest of the day, if I can get away with it.  It seems these days that people seek me out often enough that it's good I stay stationary for a time." Sans looked towards his window, and saw the rays of the now-setting sun penetrating his humble hut.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

• Edited on 2020-04-01 22:48:32 by Azibo
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 22:35:41 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro outskirts

The airship slowly descended near the outskirts of the fledgling settlement, dropping anchor near in a plot of land nearby the gates where various vehicles were parked. A minute or so later, Knichou exited via to the hatch at the bottom of the ship, which was more claustrophobic of an entrance than he remembered it being.

Before he went to the gates, Knichou did a quick visual inspection of his ship to ensure he hadn't left any hatches open. While Knichou had repaired the Taku's damage after the apocalypse, he hadn't bothered to cover the graffiti on it's lower half from when it had been vandalized during the invasion. He might need to clean that up - but then again his alcohol supplies were being put to more urgent needs than cleaning. It could wait.

Satisfied, Knichou walked towards Metru-Koro's gates, rifle hidden in his armor's backpack. His armor shifted to tint his kanohi's eyeholes as he stared towards the approaching sunset during his walk.

• Edited on 2020-04-01 22:40:25 by BULiK
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 22:41:42 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Corrivalis - Fort Nektann

From elsewhere in the garage, Corrivalis emerged from beside the Raptor, wiping sand and grease from his hands as he watched the approaching figure. Seeing an Aspect wander freely into the encampment was unusual; to his understanding they were more inclined towards expecting other beings to seek them out.

Still, it most likely wasn't a threat. He kept a wary eye on the unusual being as he resumed his work. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 22:46:07 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC “Collector” - Metru-Koro

As Collector looked at the map engraved on the tablet, a shadow passed over them. A lunar eclipse? They looked up, only to see a vandalized airship flying in the sky, barely illuminated by the lights of Metru-Koro. In patches it’s hull looked a bit rough, like it had been crudely melted together. Could it be…

Excuse me, they bowed to Irna, “friend, can you see these tablets reach Turaga Sans, I must hurry, a friend had given me a personal request a day ago.” Without waiting they sprinted off towards the airship, just as a Toa of Iron exited it.

Oh, my apologies Toa,” Collector blushed and their head shook in irritation,  “my Matoran friend had asked me to look for an airship, I thought for a moment you might be the Nynrah Ghost he was looking for.

OOC: @BULiK @Conway

• Edited on 2020-04-01 23:01:20 by Harvali
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 23:00:35 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kokaliga, Metru-Nui

In the time she had been locked away, the entire world seemed to go to Karzahni.  Kokaliga remembered her old life, but none of it mattered now, truly.  All that mattered was keeping her new masters happy, lest they decide to turn on her as the Matoran did before.  She spat at the memory of Turaga Dume.  When she reached the surface of Onu-Metru, she was quickly accosted by some League warriors.  they took her in, though, rather than start a fight.  Wise, for she would've slaughtered them all like the Rahi she was.  They took her to Ehlek, and the slithering tyrant accepted her into his ranks.  He said her talents could aid them, now.  She didn't really care, honestly.  Kokaliga simply wished for the chance to smash some Matoran and Toa and Turaga heads in- payback for the centuries spent in stasis.

For two days now, Kokaliga had wondered the ruins of Metru-Nui, silent in the shadows, watching for signs of outsiders.  That was her current task.  Watch for outsiders.  And Kokaliga was good at her job. So for two days, and however many more were called for, Kokaliga watched, and waited for any outsider who may try their luck at invading her new territory...

IC: Lrrthxx, Kumu Islets Theme Music

The water of the pool was still.  Not a single ripple disturbed its surface.  Underneath the surface, though, tiny fish darted around colonies of coral and a forest of seaweed.  An octopus hid under a metal foot, knowing it would never shift and give away its presence.  The water was murky, cloudy, and the bottom couldn't be discerned when looking from above.  The best place form above to look down would be the raised platform in the center of this old brick and marble room.  The raised platform in the middle lined with the flat starting platform on either side of the middle that marked the entrance half of this chamber.  Beyond the middle, only the pool remained.  The walls were intricate, yet no decoration could be found save the vines and moss and webs along its ancient surface.  Except for the sword, which hung on the wall opposite the door, perched above the pool as if waiting to one day plunge and stab the waters.  Or maybe, to strike the face emerging from the pool.  Dark, iron metal weathered and mossy peeked out from the waters.  The pool wrapped around its neck and some chin.  The face was angled at a degree to look towards the raised, central platform, or maybe at the ceiling beyond it.  The eyes were old and sunken in.  The crevices and cracks along the face's surface were filled with tiny pools of water and moss.  One tiny dragonfly was resting on its forehead.  The face and the body hidden beneath lay in the pool like a corpse in its grave.  Untold centuries came and went without the face so much as blinking.  Until the day two strangers entered Lrrthxx's domain.

Two Skakdi had come, and once on the platform they openly discussed wading through the pool to steal the sword on the far side wall.  It was only then that Lrrthxx spoke aloud for the first time in ages.  "Disturb the waters and your bodies will never leave them."  An ancient voice escaped the lips of the nearly-submerged face, and the eyes opened to reveal a mysterious crimson light within them.  The two Skakdi froze in place, and Lrrthxx continued in a raspy tone, "Why have you come to me?"

"We were told there was treasure here.  If the treasure is just that sword then this is a wasted trip.  Maybe we could hall you out of there and sell you as a slave?"

"That's as bold an idea as it is foolish, Skakdi.  Tell me, is it just treasure you seek?  There are no riches here.  If you desire power, though... you've come to the correct destination."  His words were slow in coming, yet deliberate.

"We're listening..."  And they were.  Both Skakdi stared down at the face in the pool with genuine interest.

"I can grant you power rare among your peoples.  I only require one thing... one of you.. must die.. so the other may grow stronger.."  After a silent pause, the two Skakdi began to brawl inside the chamber.  It took several minutes before the grey one with the orange head emerged the victor.  "Good... and now.. we can begin..."  A stirring in the pool, followed by the emergence of a terrible slug which left a disgusting trail of slime behind as it slithered and wriggled its way towards the remaining Skakdi...

A few hours later, and Lrrthxx was alone again, enjoying the quiet calm his Temple of Repose offered him.  He had a new servant, and for the first time in too long a time, he had an agent in the world, and again could grow his influence.  His old dreams remembered, Lrrthxx imagined himself above his many peers in the central temple they all met within on the Kumu Islets.  He would be patient, as always, and allow events to unfold in their own time.  All the while, Lrrthxx would be here, still and silent and serene, submerged inside his pool, allowing the fish to swim between the plants growing on his body.  Lrrthxx knew that a new age had begun, one that would see him rise to his rightful place as Master of the Makuta.

• Edited on 2020-04-01 23:33:26 by Azibo
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 23:22:50 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • 27 minutes ago, Azibo said:

IC: Sans, Turaga's Hut

"I shudder at the thought... or maybe it's just gas, huhuhuhu."  Sans laughed at his own joke, as usual.  He wanted to show Stannis that he was still the same light-hearted man even if these times were trying.  "In time, then.  I hope you don't go alone; please remember that no one asks you do everything by yourself.  We can't afford any reckless heroes in these times.  Do you have any concrete idea as to what lies in the south?  Tell me true, what have you heard lurks in those swamps and jungles?"  Sans looked at Stannis, their old eyes meeting each others.

"Thank you for staying, at least for now.  The new Toa especially look up to you.  I hope you guide them and give them some idea of some way they can help, whether that's directing fortification or construction efforts, organizing exploratory squads, or working to solve this island's new mysteries.  Please, though, let me know you're leaving before you're gone.  If you're heading out, do be careful, and kind.  And send the big blue guy in.  He came here for some reason, no doubt.  I think I'll stay here the rest of the day, if I can get away with it.  It seems these days that people seek me out often enough that it's good I stay stationary for a time." Sans looked towards his window, and saw the rays of the now-setting sun penetrating his humble hut.

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

"I'm not leaving yet, Sans," Stannis rumbled. "From this hut or the village. Listen to me, heed my warning." The old man's tone was grave, even with the levity of the smoking and casual air of Sans' demeanor, who was quickly realizing one of the reasons Stannis was never asked to read children's books. 

"My time wandering the region was brief and I could only begin to scratch the surface, but I went in as deep as I dared. In that southron swamp lie ancient ruins hidden by the corrosive mists and overgrown foliage. The challenges I experienced were several: The noxious fumes are pervasive, and they corrode all they touch with the kiss of acid; the temples are scattered and hidden, yet they are some of the few oases of respite from the mists; the jungle itself bodes ill and oppressive, and even I felt as though it was trying to strangle me. My mental focus was almost solely focused on my Kanohi Haonga, as it alone helped me navigate the foul swamp, but when I could rest I felt the presence of otherworldly beings, unseen, unheard but very much alive.

"The shrines and ziggurats were the only glimpses I could gain on the beings who live there, but while the lexicon written on their walls is not one I know, the images depicted showed ancient rites of darkness and control. My senses screamed at me as I looked them over—the beings, regarded as nigh-deities, are an antithesis to our ways of life. They are not conquerors like the Barraki, they are dominators. The Skakdi fear them, because even they, who razed this land to the wasteland it is to us, are able to be enthralled by these dark djinns."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 23:27:36 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

Iradra breathed in and out deeply. Slowly, carefully, she reached out from herself, feeling out the light which flowed freely around and upon her, a strange and alien sensation she couldn't have imagined a week ago. Gradually, she began reaching within, tapping into the light she had in the preceding week gotten a small measure of a hang of, and began coaxing her control outward, into the light she sensed around her. With great care, she once more began to try and shift the trajectory of light as it approached her, carefully attempting to bend it around her form before then letting it continue its trajectory unhindered. When dealing with a single beam of light this would perhaps be simple, but here she had to deal with light coming at her from all angles. Bending evey beam of light and sending it on its way uninterrupted was a delicate and complex process that required all of her attention.

Slowly but surely, blots of her form began to disappear, with the light gradually bending around her until finally she was invisible. The problem was that this wasn't easily sustainable. Trying to focus on every beam of light like this was taxing. And yet Kohara spoke of this ability as if it was simply one step toward more advanced techiques. Iradra shuddered to imagine what kind of difficulties she'd be facing there.

Finally, Iradra gasped with exertion and let go, allowing the light to return to its proper course, her form becoming visible once more. "You make this look too easy, Kohara."

@~Xemnas~

IC: Arkius - Metru-Koro Gates

Arkius nodded with a satisfied smile on his features. "Very good, I am certain your help will prove invaluable. Now, I don't believe we've met before. I am Arkius, Toa of Earth." Arkius reached out a fist for a customary greeting.

@Smudge8

IC: Zadred - Metru-Koro Greenhouses

The diminutive skakdi gasped and turned around in a minor panic, sighing with relief upon seeing the Toa of Iron standing in the entrance to the greenhouse. "S-sorry, did you say exploration? Isn't that a bit... dangerous?"

• Edited on 2020-04-01 23:28:39 by Onaku
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 23:34:54 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Nektann | His hive of scum and villainy

The open hangar bay doors where Barius worked on his unnamed ACR fluttered in the warm breeze of early twilight. Orange and purple sunshine cut through large factory windows installed high up on the moldy brick and oily sheet metals walls, glittering beams flashing across the rusty metal catwalks of the second and third stories of the hangar. Hungry skakdi milled about in drab sand covered clothing, fixing their ACRs, fueling the warband raid haulers, and tending to the baby sand worms in their dirt pens while trying not to lose an arm. The smell in the hangar made lesser raider’s puke on first contact. By now, everyone was used to it. All the warskaks gave up trying to wash their clothes and armor: they wore what they could find bloodstained and greasy until it wore out. No point trying to wash when the red sands of the Northern Wastes stuck to anything trying to dry on the line. Water was sacred this far North. It took time to rip the salt from seawater collected in great drums and barrels by the Riggers down in Flotsam Cove.

A po-matoran sat on the second story catwalk, chained feet dangling over the edge, hands gripping a small squeezebox. His music echoed out of the hangar and over the closest dunes into the summer twilight. Some hummed while they worked to his tune of longing for a lost lover. A few gargled their brews and sat on the hoods of their rigs, nodding along.

A ripped skakdi with dusty goggles around her neck grabbed the matoran by the back of his collar, pulling him up onto the catwalk and ending the impromptu music.

“Grime,” she said in a booming filthy voice to the matoran a few minutes after Parnassus parked his bike uninvited in the hangar. “Wat you doin hea? Boss’ comin, get hid.” 

At the mention of Boss the rest of the skakdi began making themselves more presentable. Someone shoved the matoran referred to as Grime into the spare tire compartment of their rig. Around Parnassus and Barius the flurry of activity became more professional and the visible flasks were sealed and slipped into pockets, bags, boots, helmets, and even down trousers. On the third floor a booming slam of a door being opened from the main fortress of  Fort Nektann announced Boss.

Beefcake didn’t do Boss justice as a descriptor. The largest, the meanest, the baddest, the most rock hard desert raider around, Boss took no bull and gave none back. He had a few rules: no matoran in Fort Nektann, no brew in the hangar, and no unannounced visitors. Boss looked the other way when he couldn’t see a broken rule, but being seen was the real issue. Built character, he’d say when he administered the punishment fitting of the crime. Some of the warskaks figured he let them get comfortable breaking rules so he could break them.

“You, Drifter!” Boss yelled down from the third floor catwalk as he grabbed one of the dangling chains from the roof. His weight lifted an attached crate on the ground floor as he descended slowly in the counterbalance. As the chain rattled as it slipped over the metal rafter in a makeshift pulley, Boss kept talking. “Been hearing about you for a few days now. Traveling round in the Wastes. Bold of you to come visit. Brought something nice for me too.”

Boss wasn’t asking as he nodded at Parnassus’ bike. Other skakdi in the room scooched a little further back as Boss touched his studded and patched work boots on the floor of the hangar bay. Gold chains glittered around Boss’ neck. Several thick and well fed kraata dangled off the back of his neck. Sharp studs stuck out of his knuckles. Shoulder guards taken from the last man to call himself Boss cut an imposing shadow. His malicious smile glittered with diamonds. Empty sockets stared at the Aspect.

“What’s your jig, Drifter?”

• Edited on 2020-04-01 23:35:09 by Unreliable Narrator
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2020-04-01 23:35:56 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC, Kohara: Metru-Koro

Kohara smiled. “Thank you, Iradra, but I’m able to turn invisible after many, many years of practice. You will, too. Practice like this every day, and eventually you’ll be able to move around unseen.”

IC, Atamai: Metru-Koro

”Well, yes, it is dangerous, but everything about this island is dangerous. But it might be worth it if we find anything of use to us.”

OOC: @Onaku

• Edited on 2020-04-01 23:37:42 by ~Xemnas~
  • Tags: