BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Po
A vista of Kini-Nui from the Mata Nui Online Game
  • Posted 2021-09-08 23:40:52 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"Maybe we just focus on Stannis, given he seems to be the one most clearly in charge?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-09 00:41:18 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Skyra Daring - Fowadi - Ostia -

I said nothing as Dorian told us everything. It was...a lot to take in. Joske being dead wasn't necessarily new information, most had already believed that to be true but...hearing how it happened was something else entirely. 

I had to be honest, Joske plssed me off a lot. I always found him to be annoying and self-important. Point was I never thought I'd care if he was gone, but now I was shedding silent tears for him.

And then there was Tuara...I knew she'd been going through something...but this was...I didn't know what to think honestly. I'd always seen Tuara as someone who was strong and together in the past...but the mark bearer saga had ####ed her up more than anyone else I knew, and that was really saying something.

I put my empty glass down, my hands were too shaky and I was worried I'd drop it. I probably would have too after Dorain mentioned him. I knew exactly who that was, Makuta. Even thinking his name sent a shiver down my spine. 

It was after this that Luten attempted to comfort Dorian. Dorian then mentioned Merror. So Merror used his Toa power to revive Dorian huh? I...I would have to thank him next time I saw the old geezer. 

I quickly wiped my face, I didn't need Dorian to see that I had been crying, or anyone else for that matter! They were probably too distracted to notice anyway!

Krayn, always the man with the plan, spoke first of confronting a certain Maru about this whole "Makuta is gone" business, it seemed everyone else was having similar thoughts. 

"Should I bring my beating staff?" I knew investing in a long, metal pole was a good idea. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-10 01:40:06 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Dehkaz [Ostia Docks, Fowadi]

Trust was a funny thing.

Dehkaz trusted his senses, trusted what he could hear, feel, see with his own eyes. He trusted his intuition, the pull of his consciousness born from a lifetime of having little to trust other than the strength of his own two hands and the sharpness of his mind. He trusted his decisions, that they were as close to an expression of his morals as he could do. He trusted his equipment, weaponry and armor which he himself put the effort into caring for and keeping in the best shape possible. He trusted those around him to act according to their own morals, whether that be in self-interest or in the service to others, perhaps even apathy.

Trust was a strange one way binary, it took only a single event to break trust.

He'd lost trust in some. Those close to him, then later in Xa-Koro some not so close.

Trust was something that took time to build. To learn.

He'd built trust in those around him. Realized what it meant, what it took to trust someone enough to call them a friend. It had been a learning experience, old habits needing to be broken down and forgotten in the face of the new, but it had shaped his view. Had an effect on his very being that he was to this day still comprehending the scope of.

Trust was a strange thing.

It was a strange feeling for him to realize that he trusted what Shaddix had to say. Trusted that the words shakily spoken were the truth as far as the toa of Iron had experienced them.

It was strange to realize that he no longer trusted others, those which were heralded as a bright spot to deliver them from the seemingly unending darkness that had clawed at the island for as long as he could remember.

Trust was a fragile thing.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-10 02:38:38 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Rynekk | The Fowadi

"Well, let's walk and talk!"

Rynekk led Tekmo down into the ship, doing his best to look authoritative -- but, in all honesty, he was just as surprised by some of what he was seeing here. Since when had Kale put in a frickin' radio room?!

"I'm actually a pretty recent addition to the team-- oh, there's the officer's cabins! Even I'm not allowed in those," Rynekk said, gesturing to different doors with vague and distracted arm movements. "Only got recruited a month or so before the Maru first arrived -- just in time for a wedding of one of our own, actually! Marine by the name of Juturna.... at least, I think he was a Marine. It's been a long time since I saw him -- the marriage didn't ... end well."

For a moment, he drifted into silence.

"Here we've got the crew bunks, and the commons, and the mess," he said, his cheery demeanour returning as suddenly as it had first vanished. "This'll be where you'll likely spend a lot of your time when you're not working. But yes, where was I? Yes, the Marines. The Aggressors broadly grew out of the Po-Koro Sentinels during the past few years, but the group itself isn't exactly part of that military structure. We've had members from the Marines, the Gukko Force -- even a couple of mercenaries and other civilians, like yourself. Suppose we're closer to privateers than anything like a real navy ship. Broadly, we used to fight pirates and the forces of Makuta. I guess, nowadays, we just fight pirates."

Yeah, right.

"How'd you hear about us?" he asked.

-Void

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-10 03:46:28 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Datrox Karvan - Po-Koro - Streets

“It’s that sort of thing, huh?” Datrox nodded, as if he understood. “Rough past? Did some things you regret now? I guess that would explain how you ended up like this.”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-10 19:39:19 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Tekmo (Ostia, Fowadi)

"Oh, a variety of sources - not bars, if that’s what you’re getting at. I never go to bars, I don’t drink - I don’t need to anymore, I recently discovered a way using my elemental powers to nourish myself through photosynthesis - 'pirates', you say?" Tekmo tried to deflect the conversation elsewhere.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-10 20:05:06 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP

"Hey, to each their own," Rynekk said, shrugging. This guy seemed to be avoiding something, but there would be time enough to dig into that later.

"Well, Ostia itself is a bit of gathering point for them," he answered. "For the most part, Sentinel presence doesn't reach this far out, so there's a tendency towards what some might refer to as 'lawlessness' -- but in all matter of fact, it's just a port as much as any other. There'll be all sorts. To be quite honest, most of the pirates around the island tend to be either too small-time to pay much heed to, or have some variety of deals going on with some variety of military organizations that keep them out of too much trouble."

Nowadays, anyway, Rynekk thought to himself. The kidnapping of the Turaga all those years ago was still a jagged wire of a memory in his brain.

"You have any military experience?" he asked. "Or maybe mercenary? Fight any good fights you wanna brag about?"

-Void

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-10 21:09:28 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP

"Well, nothing sanctioned by the Koros or that I was compensated for, but I’ve dealt with the occasional predatory Rahi - and person - assailing innocents out in the wilderness. After I became a Toa, I went on this journey of self-discovery, until I got bored two days into it and came here. Nothing worth bragging about, really." It was transparent that Tekmo was bragging about it by trying to make it all seem as if it was unchallenging for him. "...Well, there was that one 'accident'." He said, immediately changing his mind.

"There was this particularly hostile fellow who took off a bit of my mask here, as you can see." He pointed to the part of his Kanohi Shelek - or rather, where it would have been if it was still there. "It’s still functional, mind you. The situation that caused it resolved itself relatively peacefully. I’ve suffered no serious, career-debilitating injuries, just so we’re clear... you said something about the military striking deals with pirates?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-10 22:50:00 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP

This fellow certainly seemed defensive.

"Glad to hear that it all went right, in the end," he said, leading Tekmo down to the waterline deck. "There's the armoury, the sick bay-- Yes, it happens more often than you'd think. Or, maybe not, all things considered. We've worked with a particular ship, the Infernavika, on more than one occasion. Of course, both of those instances were after a change in leadership -- their current captain, Lohkar ... well, I think he just likes calling himself a pirate and doing the old 'yo-ho-ho' routine. So there hasn't been much to worry about from him. His predecessor, on the other hand...."

The pause was quicker this time, nearly imperceptible.

"I'm guessing you haven't been a Toa long, then?" he continued. "And this hostile fellow of yours, he have a name? Might be we've run into him a time or two ourselves."

-Void

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-11 04:20:47 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • On 9/7/2021 at 6:49 PM, Caedast said:

"Things are well for now, the Akiri seem content playing well with one another, the Matoran can rebuild again, and war seems a faraway possibility for the moment, but peace is still fraught with tragedy. Every time we beat the night away the daily cycle comes to a close again eventually. It's a law of equivalent exchange and there is always the looming terror on the horizon. But where is it headed?" he repeated rhetorically and looked at the sky for a second. "It's nighttime to the far west for now, but it is coming for us again. We can't stop it, but we can prepare ourselves to weather it. We as individuals and we as Matoran must be ready to survive our nights. We all do what we can, or we will fail."

It was a cryptic assessment, but the Wanderer was renown for his unerring predictions, some of which he said with intent and yet others that came from an ether he did not know. Fate unfolded wherever he went, and for better or worse it was prudent to listen. Few people put weight on his words, however, and his prophesies were shackled by his own self-doubts and inconsistencies. Whether he knew it or not, far to the west of Mata Nui the people of Kentoku had been forced to flee in the face of a shared enemy and come to Ga-Koro. Night had passed from Mata Nui to  the far off land and reports of the Dasaka arriving en masse had begun to seep into news outlets. Sightings of their flotilla had trickled in from Ostia, who's promontory on the coast afforded it views of the vast navy, but Stannis had not heard those rumblings yet. 

IC: Ra'lhen -- Po-Koro, Streets

He noticed the Wanderer’s subtle wince and sympathized with the Toa. He could only imagine the battles that the Toa Maru of Stone had to fight. Ra’lhen hadn’t known for sure, but he had assumed that Stannis was among the heroes who helped take back the village of ice. It sounded like Stannis was there to make sure things were set right.  

The Toa of Lightning soaked in the rhetoric, turning it over in his mind like a riddle. He had always appreciated the way the Wanderer spoke. Back during the times of Makuta, Ra’lhen’s thoughts, as well as the thoughts fed to him by the dark god, were simple. Ra'lhen didn't think on his own. His tactical mind only working when the Makuta willed it, and the result always led to pain, suffering, and death. Now, Ra'lhen was free to think whatever and however he wanted. If he wanted to mull over the cryptic words of the Toa Maru's most aloof member, Ra'lhen could do that.

And no one could stop him.

"So peace is almost certain to not last here," Ra'lhen said, "There's going to be more death and more loss"

Ra'lhen had trailed off but only for a second to gather his next thoughts. He could feel the Toa's bright gray eyes watching him as he pondered, looking forward into the Po-Koro street. 

"But perhaps with this respite, we can be prepared for what's coming...," Ra'lhen continued, "Maybe... I can be prepared for what's coming."

"I could not save Ko-Koro when they needed me. I had to stand by the Sentinels. Plus running head-first into the arms of Makuta's followers, some of whom I fought along with, did not seem wise," Ra'lhen said, "To say nothing of the riots that even the low-key Ko-Matoran would have started if they saw the armor of... that Other Guy."

Ra'lhen looked to Stannis, "But things are different now. I must do what I can. To me, that means getting ahead of whatever threat is looming"

The Toa of Lightning then looked back to the street, a look of uncertainty on his face, "But how?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-11 14:09:16 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP

"I don’t believe I caught his name, I’m afraid. But yes, it’s been a mere two days, but I believe I’m getting the hang of it. I do hope that me popping out of the blue isn’t inconvenient for you. I have very little provisions and money."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-11 15:31:30 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Ember - Ostia, deck of the Fowadi

Eyeing the chests, she scanned the names emblazoned on some of them - most names, Ember did not know - but a select few were obliquely familiar. For all her years, she hadn’t paid much attention to gossip and rumour, often preferring the official channels she was used to.

“Tell me somethin’, Toa Kale, if yer willin’…” she began. “Ye seem like a good lad. I dun know much about ye - th’ ‘Gressors, I mean - besides th’ tales an’ escapades. As first mate, ye ought tae have fair assessment o’ yer fellae crewmates - ain’t every day ye get tae put faces tae the stories…”

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-11 16:09:23 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Farzan (Tech Emporium)

Kreff didn't even need to be prompted to inch slowly closer and closer as Jokaro's test seemed to prove successful. I leaned forward where I was sitting on the back of him with my head poking forward in interested curiosity as Jokaro fiddled away at the trigger mechanism. I loved it when a plan came together. Kreff stood behind Jokaro, some distance away so I could get the best chance to peer up and over, fixing on the same target as Jo so I could savor the moment of seeing the results the way I liked best.

CHHPOOMPHSHHHHH

"Aw #-" was all I managed to get out of my mouth before Jokaro was thrown back by equipment gone haywire, and he sailed right into my perplexed face and took the rest of me with him as both of us tumbled off of Kreff's back together. Kreff stood in perfectly paralyzed perplexitude as I recovered from the fall and got up on my knees.

"That's gonna need another once-over," I remarked, standing up and offering Jokaro a hand, "but that's the stuff that makes this job interesting. We do have fun."

OOC: @Perp

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-11 17:30:34 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC: [Kohra - Po-koro, Streets]

There was a brief flash of emotion in Kohra’s eyes, too fast to really pin down what the feeling was. Anger? Shock? Pain? It just went by too fast.But there was something dark about it. 

She blinked. 

“I…that’s the thing…I don’t remember. It’s like a whirlwind…in my mind. Images — or memories?”

She shook her head and groaned softly.

“Maybe it’s all nightmares…so many terrible things…”

OOC: @Tarn

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-11 17:43:53 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP

"No problem at all," Rynekk said. "When the Aggressors found me, I was real down on my luck. No money, no place to live. A wreck. We'll put you up.

"Although I've gotta ask," he continued. "What are you looking for here? What're you hoping to get out of this?"

-Void

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-11 23:11:50 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP

"Oh, many things. Firstly, I aspire to become that which I’ve always looked up to - not an Aggressor specifically, but something along the lines of stalwart heroism. Secondly, I loathe injustice, tyranny, corruption, those sorts of things... thirdly I need experience to pad my resume - I need to actually write a resume at some point, as I said I have no documentation... what are the Aggressors up to these days?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-11 23:13:10 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Jokaro - Po-Koro, Technology Emporium

“Yeah, fun,” he groaned as he accepted Farzan’s help up. “You wouldn’t be saying that if you were perforated by shrapnel right now.”

Jokaro checked himself over - some parts of his hands and arms were bleeding where, indeed, shrapnel had hit him, but he was otherwise undamaged. Nothing a few bandages couldn’t fix. The patero, however… completely totalled, beyond fixing.

Retrieving some bandages from his pack (good thing he brought it to the testing range), he managed to get the bleeding to stop well enough to begin retrieving the parts of the patero while he addressed Farzan.

“Failed right at the breech,” he noted, pointing to the back-end of the barrel which had been peeled open and now more resembled a trumpet than a weapon component. “Fair to say we took off too much material and it couldn’t handle the pressure. Let me think for a moment…”

His arms cradling the bits of junk that used to be a patero launcher, he nodded his head toward his pack lying on the ground - “Grab that, will ya?” - as the two Matoran and Ussal returned to the workshop.

“I’d say we forget the original barrel diameter entirely. Let’s just- hrnk! he dumped the pile of parts he was carrying unceremoniously next to his workbench, “-machine a new barrel. A smaller barrel - smaller bore diameter, smaller overall diameter. Reduce the mass that way. Of course, that means we’ll need to make some modifications to the launcher’s casing and gas seal itself, especially so if the trigger and pump are gonna be switched around. Which do you wanna tackle - barrel or casing?”

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-12 00:38:46 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP

"You're asking the wrong guy there, Tekmo," Rynekk said, taking the last steps down to the very bottom of the ship, where only a dim collection of lightstones illuminated the shadowy masses of crates and barrels in the Fowadi's hold. "I've been away on medical leave since Ko-Koro was liberated -- only got back in the desert today. You'd be better off asking Kale-- sorry, Mr. Ironshaper, as you ought to be calling him; or Dehkaz, who commands this rig the last time I checked. Surely, he'll be around here somewhere...."

The trip from Ko seemed to suddenly hit Rynekk like the Iron Mahi itself, and he found himself sinking into a seated position on a crate. Was he really ready to get back to this?

"From what I hear, though," he continued, "a lot of the goon squad that had taken Ko-Koro way back when are still on the run. I reckon our job'll be to keep an eye out for them, and prevent a repeat of Ko."

-Void

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-12 00:42:11 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP

“You have to remember something,” Datrox said, tapping his temple with his index finger. He had noticed her odd change of expression. Had he said something wrong? “Can’t be all bad. These images—what do you see?”

He wasn’t sure where this was going, or even what he hoped to accomplish. He really just wanted to figure out Kohra’s deal. At first, Datrox had assumed her to simply be a vagrant, down on her luck. Maybe something closer to what he was. Someone with nowhere to go, looking for some place to be. Instead, he had the feeling he had stumbled into something he wasn’t meant to.

Like he was trespassing.

“It might help, you know. Help you figure out who you are, or what you were doing before you got here. And, well, you can’t blame me for being curious when you talk so cryptic.”

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-12 01:56:23 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • Kale Ironshaper - Po-wahi - Ostia - Fowadi

IC: "I can give you a rough overview. If you want many details then that's information you'll have to ask them for. Was there anyone in particular you wanted to ask about? I'm not sure what your actual question was."

The younger man settled down on top of his own gear chest. He leaned forward and settled his elbows on his knees. Twin emerald orbs settling inquisitively on the old sailor across the room from him. Giving out information about his crew was an iffy thing. If he wasn't careful with whatever answers he gave then the personal secrets that crewmembers shared with each other might reach the ears of someone on the rather long list of people that might want to use it against them.

Ember seemed like a good enough person. In fact he wouldn't mind hiring her to help run the ship. Even so, what she would get would be limited as long as she was only a curious onlooker.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-12 16:41:41 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP

"I can’t imagine how horrible that ordeal must have been for the citizenry of Ko-Koro. I have no idea of what losing your home would be like... so, was that all?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-12 17:12:11 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • On 9/10/2021 at 9:20 PM, Emzee said:

"So peace is almost certain to not last here," Ra'lhen said, "There's going to be more death and more loss. But perhaps with this respite, we can be prepared for what's coming... Maybe... I can be prepared for what's coming. I could not save Ko-Koro when they needed me. I had to stand by the Sentinels. Plus running head-first into the arms of Makuta's followers, some of whom I fought along with, did not seem wise," Ra'lhen said, "To say nothing of the riots that even the low-key Ko-Matoran would have started if they saw the armor of... that Other Guy."

Ra'lhen looked to Stannis, "But things are different now. I must do what I can. To me, that means getting ahead of whatever threat is looming." The Toa of Lightning then looked back to the street, a look of uncertainty on his face, "But how?"

IC Stannis | Po-Koro

The stalwart toa shook his head ceremonially. There was no more preventing the changes of fortunes than halting the tides but that didn't preclude hope. "In order to prepare you need to know what the threat is," he said. "You can build a house in a flood plain but with stilts higher than the waterline, walk into the far horizon with enough provisions so they don't run out, man the ramparts with troops if the enemy is at your gates... Sometimes we need objective data to prepare, other times we can feel it in our bones already, but we still have to know what to prepare against first."

He sighed heavily. Ra'lhen was as tortured as they came, having lived a life of a dark toa and coming back with the memories of that past as shackles on his soul, and that only made him stronger from his trauma. He had no desire to see a repeat and was as driven to fight it as any other matoran denizen. While Stannis' strength ostensibly came from an act of divine benediction, Ra'lhen's came from his tortured heart and a fear of seeing it again. And so, Stannis chose to embrace the other toa with kindness and trust.

He deserved to know what to shore up against so that he could fight it best.

Stannis gestured for Ra'lhen to follow him into his abode, and once they were inside he glanced outside quickly to ensure privacy. "I say this in confidence to you so that you can understand what is needed and can overcome whatever fears you still possess," he said, his voice low even in the privacy of his own home. "The Makuta is not really gone."

• Edited on 2021-11-23 16:38:18 by Umbraline Yumiwa
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-12 22:24:33 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Ember - Ostia, interior of the Fowadi

“Ah, guess it wasn’t a very apt quest’n anyway. Lad, I’m old. I’ve seen me fair share of strife, grief and Spirit-forsaken insanity o’er th’ years. Mata Nui’s fraught with it, t’be honest. But it ain’t anythin’ like what the lot of ye have seen.”

The boards creaked around her as the ship gently rocked side-to-side on the calm waters of the Bay. Ember put her hand against the bulkhead and breathed deeply - there was no musk of an old ship, as she was used to. All, or at least most, of the wood was new, true to Kale’s comments about the refit rearranging the ship’s interior.

“Guess I’m- what’s the word? Starstruck? Eh, sum’n like that. I came ‘ere today to look at a ship an’ daydream ‘bout the days when I was a wee lass, green as they come. Now I’m aboard that ship, talkin’ to a fair folk who cut their teeth fightin’ true evils. Ain’t every day that happens, Toa Kale.”

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-14 09:08:17 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC: [Kohra - Po-koro, Streets]

“You don’t think I’ve been trying!?” Kohra snapped, and immediately shook as the sudden outburst took its painful toll. She clutched her arm around herself again.

“I’m sorry…” she managed to get out. “I didn’t mean to…”

Datrox had been nothing but helpful. She didn’t even know where this much sudden anger came from. But for just that instant, it had felt like Datrox represented everything wrong with the world. The images in her mind were fragmented. Snapshots. 

“I don’t even know if what I remember is real...”

She took another slow breath, steadying herself.

“I see…someone behind a portal. A fiery chasm. Walls of ice painted red. Figures flailing in black water. Iron bars.”

OOC: @Tarn

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-14 12:34:09 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Farzan (Tech Emporium)

"Au contraire. I take such occupational hazards in stride."

I signaled Kreff to help Jokaro retrieve the Patero's components. Kreff was quite good at being precise and careful with his big chompy claws. Plenty of practice which made him just indispensable.

As Jokaro laid out the damage report of our first attempt, I scanned the wrecked launcher. Salvageable? Maybe...

"Let me also think for a moment" I responded in kind, proceeding to think, chin resting in hand. Too much material shaved off... pressure buildup that overwhelmed the modified mechanism...

"I'll get that barrel just the right size for you(r pleasure)"

OOC: @Perp

• Edited on 2021-09-18 19:56:49 by Geardirector
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-14 22:28:55 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP

His expression changed. Even if Kohra had not meant it, her outburst reminded Datrox that he was beginning to take this conversation less seriously than he should have been. He became more stern, nodding along as the Vortixx recounted what she could remember. More like a Koro guard taking a witness testimony than a stranger trying to get to the bottom of another stranger’s muddled memories.

It wasn’t much, but it was something.

“It’s alright. I can tell you’ve been through a lot,” he said, trying not to wince at himself for stating the obvious. “I just…don’t know what any of it means.”

Just who are you? All that stuff you said was kinda…scary.

“Look, I’ll speak plainly, ma’am,” Datrox then said, slipping back into his persona of a lonesome drifter. He pulled back his cloak and placed a hand on his chest, just beneath his heartlight.

“I want to keep helping you—however I can. Because the alternative is, well, I walk away and you stay confused as to who you were. And that just doesn’t sit right with me.”

If Kohra looked, she could see it in the Toa of Fire’s optics—he was being genuine. He wasn’t doing this because he expected anything out of it. “But that depends on one thing...do you want to remember who you were?”

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-15 04:09:03 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP

"Yeah, that should be about it," Rynekk said, pushing himself up from the crate. "Unless you'd want to join up with the Sentinels as well, I don't think we have enough of a budget to pay you a salary -- but you'll get food and board, and plenty of stories to bring back home."

He held out his hand.

"Welcome aboard, Tekmo."

-Void

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-15 16:00:57 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"Cut it out."

It was a stunning sentiment from the Toa of Iron, the energetic assassin who had terrorized everyone present in the room on more than one occasion with his bipolarity and knack for casual beatings and killings. Dorian's eyes weren't focused on anyone in particular - not his one-time lover, nor his hopefully-future lover, his ex-compatriot amidst the Mark Bearers or the Fowadi's current master, not even the little projection of a Kanohi on his shoulder. He was staring at the bag anchoring his right leg, the assortment of guns and weaponry he'd accumulated from years of misadventures. 

He exhaled a breath that had burdened his chest for close to a minute. 

"It doesn't matter what the Maru did or didn't do, it matters that now they have to finish the job. It's too much for me - and if I'm outmatched then no offense, but I don't think the brain trust on this floating love shack has much of a shot either." He kicked the bag away, the canvas straps unfurling as the bag slid into the space between Krayn and Dehkaz's legs. Dor's chin lifted from his collar to look at the assembled Aggressors. 

"Joske said something to me at some point - sailing somewhere, I think." The boat won't take you all the way. You'll have to swim for the next one. "He might've meant Kentoku. Or he might've meant another island entirely. I'm still working that part out. But as soon as I do, I'm gone. Because I think this whole #####show goes a whole lot farther than Mata Nui."

He shrugged - and, after a moment, he cocked his head to the left and rubbed his cheek on the De-Toa's hand gripping his shoulder.

"Thanks, gang. You don't mind if I find somewhere to burrow in and hitchhike for a few days, do you? The sooner I get Merror off my tail, the sooner I can go back to shooting up devil worshippers without hearing sermons about it."

-Tyler

• Edited on 2021-09-15 16:02:29 by Haman Karn: A Magical Girl
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-15 18:32:42 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Dehkaz [Ostia Docks, Fowadi]

"You're welcome to stay aboard as long as you'd like Shaddix," Dehkaz offered, glancing down at the canvas bag of weaponry before addressing the toa of Iron again. "We've got the room."

"Krayn and I were headed out to Po-Koro, but we'll be setting off once we're back; Fowadi still needs some fitting out in the meantime."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-15 22:10:18 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP

Tekmo took Rynekk’s hand, and shook it vigorously. "Glad to be here. Do not worry, I’m not particularly interested in 'being paid', or any such nonsense. Should I go meet the rest of the crew?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-15 23:52:06 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP

Oh my god, is he okay? I looked at Dorian as if he'd grown a second head, when did he become such a reasonable person!? This wasn't right, it didn't make sense! Something was clearly wrong here. 

I put a hand on Dorian's forehead to feel his temperature, hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

...I pulled my hand away. "Well you don't seem to have a fever." 

• Edited on 2021-09-17 03:49:18 by Snelly
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-15 23:54:18 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"Yeah, but you don't seem brain damaged, either."

-Tyler

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-16 00:14:08 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"You want to tag along, Dor?" Krayn asked, sounding remarkably like he might have been holding back a laugh. "Gonna see about gainful employment maybe. Pick up some gear for sure. There's a train that'll get us there in a few hours."

Remarkably he managed to sound like an expert.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-16 00:33:50 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

Dorian's eyes went wider than the barrels of the Fowadi's cannons, big blue pits of childlike wonder at the mention of the Iron Mahi. A grin played across the edges of his lips, then ballooned into an exhilarated laugh at the thought of being aboard the metal monstrosity.

"I saw that. ] I thought about outrunning it the first time it passed me by, but by the time I had even found a comfortable way to carry my bag I was eating its dust. Sounds like Karz when it goes by, too, doesn't it?  I haven't heard anything that loud since--" Dor cut off, both dumbstruck at the realization Krayn had used his nickname and keenly aware of the way Skyra was looking at him for his enthusiasm. The Toa of Air was still mocking him, he could see it; she looked like she wanted to explode like a bomb, her teasing laughter raining down on him like shrapnel. 

In that moment, he wielded her reputation more dexterously than any firearm.

"--Tuara's snoring."

This was all Merror's fault. He had poisoned Dor with his corrosive, good-guy Toa Power. 

"Yeah, I want to tag along. But you two are doing the talking. I prefer being dead for a lotta reasons. No more crazy ##### happening to me is near the top of the list."

-Tyler

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-16 00:39:37 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"Yeah, sure. Anyone asks we'll just say you're Kale."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-16 00:43:42 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"Pfffwhafffpffffffhuh?"

Dor's eyes widened further, and his incredulity escaped through bits of laughter and forced, calming exhales.

"That twink up there? Nobody would buy that. He--Kale?" He pouted. "Kale is a chip. Kale's a smoothie. I'm not a Kale."

-Tyler

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-16 00:45:57 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP

Did I snore? I guess there was no way for me to know really. Or if Tuara snored or not. 

"Yeah you're more like an onion. Layers and all that." 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-16 00:47:06 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"Yeah, thanks Sky."

-Tyler

• Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-16 00:50:31 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Jokaro - Po-Koro, Technology Emporium

Without wasting any time, Jokaro retrieved his notebook from his pack, struggling to find a page that hadn’t already been marked up like the ceiling of the Emporium. Locating one, he hastily scribbled down some measurements whilst wondering how exactly the Fa-Matoran in present company had managed to vocalize parentheses. He capped off the plethora of numbers and diagrams with a note.

‘make sure I don’t get blown up again :)   - J’

Tearing the page from the notebook and handing it off to Farzan, he returned his attention to the pile of parts that had previously been a viable weapon - now just another pile of junk to add to the uncountable piles that littered the Emporium workshops. Sighing, he left the other Matoran and Ussal to their task, while Jokaro searched their stock for an intact launcher.

• Edited on 2021-09-16 00:51:27 by Perp
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2021-09-16 00:59:19 UTC
    BZPRPG - Po-Wahi
    View post on BZP

I gave Dorian a cheeky grin and a thumbs up before rubbing the left side of my head. 

"I should pick up some stuff in Po-koro come to think of it. Like aspirin." 

• Tags: