BZPRPG News and Discussion

N&D
A banner for the topic
  • Posted 2013-05-12 22:19:35 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • The paladins are in-game :) Anyone who wants to join the rookie toa team, the window is open until all of the villages are visited by the group.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 22:33:38 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Well, just so everyone knows:

I have more profiles coming. No need to freak out. They're not as long anymore.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 23:10:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • THANK GOD

:3

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 23:28:24 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • You know... without a Mahiki, Demothi just isn't the same. I'm gonna put him on a bus.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 23:47:30 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Guys, It says that in Kini-Nui, there are still some wild Rahkshi. Can we interact with them the same way we might as with Rahi aggressive to you?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 00:02:35 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Have Lesterin been re-approved yet? I want to make one once they are

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 00:04:30 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Have Lesterin been re-approved yet? I want to make one once they are

I'm sure that Ghostie'll give us a heads-up if they are. Don't worry.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 00:16:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • The paladins are in-game :) Anyone who wants to join the rookie toa team, the window is open until all of the villages are visited by the group.

When they get back to Ga-Wahi, Mila's always available as team mentor figure/armourer/advisor. xP

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 00:40:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • HEY GUISE

Theres a new hospital in Ko-Koro

Love Shack 2?

You totes asked for it Kughii

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 00:41:48 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • *backhands TLW*

thou shalt never mention that again ye silly fool.

my profile picture is what I looked like just after hitting you.

• Edited on 2013-05-13 00:42:20 by Ilyusha Blokfase
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 00:43:47 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • :3

I finally know what you guys who play this all day feel like. I'll break my f5 button soon xD

• Edited on 2013-05-13 00:44:41 by The Lonesome Wanderer
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 00:44:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Thank you Ilyusha.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 00:49:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • So what about the Rahkshi thing? Can we fight them? I know I didn't ask that, but I'm in Kini Nui too.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 01:03:38 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • They are wild so yes, they can be engaged as if they were rahi.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 01:09:52 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Cool, thanks.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 01:14:19 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Probably going to be as hard, or harder, when they were under Makuta's control, just a head's up.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 01:14:49 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • They are wild so yes, they can be engaged as if they were rahi.

Though I would expect that they are distinctly stronger than most Rahi, correct? Roughly on par with their power levels prior to becoming feral, just without the restraint. In other words, feral creatures with power and roughly twice as powerful as a Toa.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 01:17:30 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Yes, but they are no more intelligent than the average Rahi.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 01:21:24 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Most of these will be vastly more intelligent. It's not like Makuta would send out the lowest powered and least intelligent Kraata.

So yeah. You try to fight them, you're screwed, unless you've suddenly become a tactical genius.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 01:26:05 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • BS01 quote: "When they are not under orders, they are much less focused, making them easier to defeat." Also, I wouldn't fight one alone. Unless maybe if I ambushed it with a carefully thought-out battle plan and had mastered my iron powers a little better.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 01:27:50 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Much less focused. As in, not in cooperation with each other, moreso just focused on themselves and their own needs. Their only goal is the goal of self preservation, nothing else.

That does not mean much less intelligent. Those are different words for a reason.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 01:29:55 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • It's sort of like fighting the Incredible Hulk. He's much less intelligent or focused than Bruce Banner. Does that make him any less dangerous?

Karz no.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 01:32:07 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • It's sort of like fighting the Incredible Hulk. He's much less intelligent or focused than Bruce Banner. Does that make him any less dangerous?

Karz no.

I would argue that point, buuuuut...

it would go off topic

Basically on-topic: Feral Rahkshi are just as smart and dangerous as Controlled Rahkshi, if not moreso (on the dangerous side), fighting one is not recommended.

• Edited on 2013-05-13 01:32:23 by Ilyusha Blokfase
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 01:33:02 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • "Easier to defeat" as well. But like I said, I wouldn't do it alone without a good plan. And who's Bruce Banner? *prepares for inevitable shunning*

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 01:34:42 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Bruce Banner is the alter-ego of the Incredible Hulk.

But back on-topic: fight the Rahkshi at your own peril.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 01:36:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • "Easier to defeat" as well. But like I said, I wouldn't do it alone without a good plan.

Easier to defeat because they aren't all working together to fight you.

But if you checked out any of the things I kept telling people to a couple weeks ago, you'd realize just one Rahkshi is enough to grievously wound/kill a team of three Toa.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 01:40:07 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I'm probably going to get back into doing stuff a little later this week(finals and stuff). Which means it's time to get some of my dormant plans into action.

With the decay of the island's moral center, I think it's time for someone to put things back into perspective. Someone who can finally offer freedom from morality, freedom from others, and freedom from the self. Someone who will sow the seeds of a revolution that will allow Mata-Nui to transcend itself.

Klavier is your man.

Now is the time.

The place is to be determined.

Prepare thyself.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 01:59:32 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • "Easier to defeat" as well. But like I said, I wouldn't do it alone without a good plan. And who's Bruce Banner? *prepares for inevitable shunning*

Easier to defeat? I would rethink that.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 02:01:22 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Man, that's what I been sayin'. They just don't listen anymore, y'know?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 02:06:07 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • It's fightable.

That makes it fun. I would say that they don't lose their skill, powers, and tactical prowess. What they do lose is cohesive units. They're no longer fighting in teams. A similar argument would be '1 Toa Maru's power instead of 6 united Toa Maru, who is easier to fight?'. The 1 Toa Maru, obviously. But that doesn't make him easy to fight, just easier.

• Edited on 2013-05-13 02:08:25 by JL v2
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 02:10:40 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Yeah, so if anyone fights a Rahkshi I will be keeping a close eye on the engagement. If they make it seem too easy and/or are not creative in their fighting you bet I will enter and ensure that the scales are evened. There is an inherent risk factor when engaging a son of Makuta, even one without direction.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 02:19:58 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Yeah, so if anyone fights a Rahkshi I will be keeping a close eye on the engagement. If they make it seem too easy and/or are not creative in their fighting you bet I will enter and ensure that the scales are evened. There is an inherent risk factor when engaging a son of Makuta, even one without direction.

Noted! :)

Check Kini-Nui, I guess.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 02:31:45 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • ...I kinda want to see someone overdo an attack now so EW can "balance the scales" XDBut it would be very mean for me to wish ill on someone, so I shall just stay in the cozy little Ga-Koro thread, occasionally popping into this equally-cozy Discussion Topic.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 02:32:49 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • It wouldn't be wishing ill upon them if they learned from the experience.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 02:33:14 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Just as a heads up to anyone who cares about Po-Koro, a few points of order.

A: The ranking system of the Sentinels (and they are the Sentinels, as it's more distinctive than a generic "Guard" and fits their job perfectly) goes as such: Captain-->Branch Commander-->Squad Leader-->Soldier.

B: I should probably repeat that Po-Koro is called the "Lost Koro" for a reason. It is very isolated and that isolation is enforced. Please do not waltz into the Koro as you have done previously.

:w:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 02:46:49 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Just as a heads up to anyone who cares about Po-Koro, a few points of order.

A: The ranking system of the Sentinels (and they are the Sentinels, as it's more distinctive than a generic "Guard" and fits their job perfectly) goes as such: Captain-->Branch Commander-->Squad Leader-->Soldier.

B: I should probably repeat that Po-Koro is called the "Lost Koro" for a reason. It is very isolated and that isolation is enforced. Please do not waltz into the Koro as you have done previously.

Right now, joining the Sentinels is a pro because you're not gonna get into arguments about rank and you definitely won't be promoting yourself.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 02:49:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • So, some of you might remember this old Crucible thing that Dov and I started a while ago.

Well, it's still there, and Xilecki is back.

There's probably going to be a lot more focus on the making of wine and meadery there these days, though, so if anybody's wanting a job for a character of theirs, or a place for non-character-lethal combat practice in Ga-Wahi, that spot is always open.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 02:50:55 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • B: I should probably repeat that Po-Koro is called the "Lost Koro" for a reason. It is very isolated and that isolation is enforced. Please do not waltz into the Koro as you have done previously.

Agreed. I like how Aaron described it and set it up, so this should be fun and interesting.

That said, an entire village isn't going out of play; it's still a viable and visitable and playable location. Unless Lloyd you decide to make an announcement that you're sealing the village, people can still come and go as they please... within the bounds of the new topic description. And I REALLY wouldn't recommend that this early in the game.

Oh, by the way... hey Wysp. Long time no see :P

Also, finally got Joske edited, updated, and running again. Let's see what this new arc holds in store from him, shall we? :happydance:

• Edited on 2013-05-13 02:51:59 by Friar Tuck
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 02:51:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Oh yeah, the Crucible.

I had completely forgotten about that thing.

Should pay a visit later ...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-13 02:54:45 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ah, FT, good to see you again. I do try to give as much freedom to move about the village as I can for the players, because shutting it down isn't fair to them. However, at the same time I need to put some meat behind the claim.

Would you like one lump with your tea, or two?

• Tags: