BZPRPG: Ga-Wahi

Ga-Wahi
A banner for the topic
  • Posted 2013-05-12 16:13:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Cadias- Ga-Koro

Cadias stared at the glasses, mouth open. Whatever he had opened it to say was promptly forgotten.

The first thought that crossed his mind was thievery or murder.... but no, no, something wasn't quite right. He looked at the cloak, the mask, the too-familiar white eyes. His eyes settled on the talon-like gauntlets. So, either somebody was going through a lot of trouble to look like him.... or....

"Vrana? Is that you?" The shock in his voice was all too apparent.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 16:22:28 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Vrana

"What? Vrana? You are not to be recognizing me?" Was the Toa's response, as a slight grin broke out across his face. It was good to see Cadias, and to see that he hadn't managed to somehow end up dead in the time since they had last spoken. That last thought was an old one he supposed, connecting to someone far into the past that he couldn't forget.

"Yes, it's me. I'm not exactly sure why its me, but it is me." He spoke up, clacking the talons of his gauntlets against each other. It was a bit of a nervous habit, really, he didn't even think about doing it. What if Cadias didn't actually believe the Toa before him was Vrana, what if he thought it was some sort of joke, then what? There weren't all that many people on the island he could actually speak to about what had happened.

Sure, some of the villagers may notice the passing resemblance of him to the strange creature had long past helped try to defend them, but actually accepting that they were the same? He didn't think that would even really happen.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 16:30:22 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: CeliteAt that, the Turaga became quite flustered, finally turning to face the stranger. She now scowled.

"How DARE you call me arrogant!" Without thinking, she swung her staff at the newcomer without a second thought. "I was once a highly respected and feared mercenary!" If her powers weren't being nullified, she would have had all of her elemental power channelling a current throughout her body at this point. "And again, just who are you to order your elders around? I don't recall the Ga-Koronians having a Turaga-Nagging Department!" Were it possible, the place on her mask where her forehead and cheeks would be could have turned red in frustration. It was extremely unlike her to get so worked up, but she was falling into a pitfall generated by her own mad tendencies.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 16:36:47 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:The Toa never moved.Celite's staff connected, but there was no visible reaction. A moment later, the air began to crackle with static electricity. The truth of where the Turaga's powers were vanishing was more terrifying than her guess; they weren't being negated. They were being redirected. Though the electricity in the air was nowhere near enough to harm, it was an unsettling occurrence."Do not talk to me about fear, old one. My face alone would be enough to call on half of the marines. I have single handedly taken on the Maasi.""I was once this village's greatest fear."

• Edited on 2013-05-12 16:37:45 by The Snark Knight
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 16:55:41 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:Celite clammed up quickly. She hadn't expected such a retort, and something told her he was by no means lying."...Then be off with you!" She said, swinging on her heels and briskly trying to walk away. If he was, as he claimed, the greatest fear of the village than she would stand even less of a chance in a fight than she did with an ordinary run-of-the-mill Toa...and she wanted out quickly. "Just leave me alone already, I have things to do!" Her voice was becoming quite shrieky, enough to attract the attention of those around her.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 17:05:38 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:That backfired. If she draws too much attention...The Toa followed her,taking one step for every two of hers. "I will leave you alone when you cease to harass your fellows."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 17:10:28 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Lenat- Ga-koro

IC: "I don't have one on me right now. There are a couple back at my shop along with the bolts, they were meant to be in the next shipment to the Marines."

Knowing that his longer legs would let him make the trip faster, Lenat took off back to the hut that his shop was in. Quickly gathering up It took only a few minutes of sprinting and dodging around objects and people to get to his destination. Once inside, he moved to one of the wall where a row of crossbows were hung up and grabbed one along with the quiver of bolts that went with it. Running back, he breathlessly handed them off to Voutok and all but collapsed on a nearby crate.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 17:13:06 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Hi, I'm new to BZPRPG and open for interaction!IC:Xenin's eyes flickered open. A brillant azure sky spread out above him, wispy clouds floating aimlessly across its vast surface. The sun shone brightly, its warm rays soaking into his armor and body. The lulling sound of lapping waves echoed all around him, and he could taste the salty ocean breeze as it brushed across the surface of his Kanohi. "Where am I?" He tried to rise, sand pouring from his shoulders as he pulled his torso free. Now sitting, he could see the sea stretch out before him, reaching to the very edges of the horizon. Lily pads were scattered in clumps close to the shore, and Xenin could make out the start of a village far to his left, seemingly suspended above the water on giant platforms. His feet still submerged, Xenin stood slowly. His legs were stiff, and his joints screamed in protest at the slightest movements. Ignoring their pleas to rest, he instead turned toward the bustling hamlet, intent on finding some answers to his ceaseless flow of questions.To his right, white cliffs rose high above his head, taunting him in a jocular manner as if they would fall and crush him at any moment. The beach closed into a bay, waterfalls cascading down from the jungle underbrush that poked out from atop the plateau. The likeness of a Kanohi Kaukau had been engraved in the cliff side, its protective gaze keeping watch over the village and the kismet of it's inhabitants.Matoran scampered busily here and there, not paying much attention to the strange Toa. "They must be accostomed to visitors." Xenin concluded. Upon seeing the area from a closer view, he had discovered that the domed houses and structures of the village rested upon significantly larger lily pads than the ones he had seen before, and he wondered how the plants supported so much weight. He shook his head and continued to wander, hoping to run into a being who could provide him with answers.

• Edited on 2013-05-13 01:28:03 by Toa Varen
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 17:16:56 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Celite

She picked up the pace as best she could, though her turaga speed was still too slow to even gain distance from what she now considered an open stalker."Fine! I won't shock them (as much)" she mumbled the last part inaudibly, "just leave me be you brute!" Her emotions running high, she didn't consider that calling an enemy of the village a 'brute' was not the best course of action.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 17:17:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Cadias

Cadias just stared. It had to be him. He'd talked like Navayak, proving he'd met the crazy Skakdi, and he acted like Vrana. It was too authentic to not be real.

So. One of two possibilities. One, Vrana had somehow changed. Two, he, Cadias, had gone mad.

"So, I've finally cracked," he sighed.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 17:22:35 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:Under his hood, the former Mark Bearer smiled to himself. The Turaga had easily been convinced to modify her behavior. He stopped in his stride, watching her depart."Good."

• Edited on 2013-05-12 17:23:13 by The Snark Knight
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 17:28:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Vrana

Hearing Cadias' response to the strange new body he found himself now residing in, he frowned slightly. Cadias seemed to be thinking that he wasn't thinking straight. That could prove quite a problem for him, his friends thinking him a delusion of their sanity slipping away. "Cadias, I don't think you've cracked."

There were a multitude of ways he could go about bringing realization to the Toa of Plasma, proving the reality of what he was seeing. Most or them would take quite a while, but one was short enough that it could probably work. He walked closed to the plasma Toa, and brought his foot down, keeping the talons away, towards Cadias' foot.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 17:30:10 UTC
    View post on BZP

Ducking into the nearest tavern and ordering some bula, Celite cursed under her breath. She had no intention of living up to her word, although she realised that she would have to somehow rid the village of the hooded fellow that had angered her. As she paid for her Bula and began absorbing them, she began talking to herself.

"By Muaka's hides, that Toa was quite the pest. Lecture ME on how I deal with these stupid Ga-Matoran will he? We'll see who's ordering who when I finally found the Lightning Place." She looked around at the primitive tavern. Surprisingly, it seemed there were slight technological advancements over other ones she'd been in, and there were carved phrases in the Matoran Language in the wall, which she translated with her mask just for fun, although they were nothing more than the rabblings of a knowledgeable yet potentially intoxicated Matoran."I need to develop something to deal with Toa like him." She thought, her mind returning to the matter at hand. "If only I could make something..."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 17:36:17 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: The Toa turned, and began walking down the street quietly. It was doubtful that the Turaga would keep her word, but she had ceased for now. And with any luck, she would be too leery of the law to report his appearance.If she did, that would be... Unfortunate.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 17:38:33 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Cadias

Well. That soundly disproved theory #2. Of course, Cadias wasn't exactly thinking that at the moment. With great effort, he held back several choice words and simply said something that sounded like "Ow," though it was hard to tell. Speaking when your teeth are clenched is hard.

After taking a moment to let the pain subside and to regain his composure, he said, "Alright, alright, you're real. Now.... what in Karzhani happened to you?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 17:39:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC-Μυσσικι:

"Perhaps, miss, you could calm down a bit," a Toa of Sonics near Celite said. When she turned, she would see him lounging in a chair nearby, her every word, now and from earlier, when she was conversing with Jikal, heard and perfectly remembered.

"Hello. My name is Mussiki, and, while not an full member of Ga-Koro's Marines, I have full authority to detain you for your earlier actions, and even if I had not noticed those while you were yelling outside, I could detain you under reasonable suspicion of intention to harm and possible insanity, based on what you've been muttering to yourself." He smiled rather amiably, motioning to the bartender to hand him a glass of bourbon.

"But I doubt either of us want that, so I will, instead, just leave you with a warning. And if I hear anything more that could easily be construed as a criminal act or intention to cause a criminal act from you, you will be immediately incarcerated, trial pending. Am I clear, miss?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 17:48:10 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: You have no clue how tempting that is, Snark. But I have no clue who I'd report it to in order to get any good response...or didn't until Biokfase posted >:DIC: CeliteCelite scowled beneath the mouth-grill of her mask as Mussiki's reprimanding of her. She had a mind to shock HIM for interfering, but she felt now was not the best time. It was just a bad day for her, that was all. Nothing like this had happened before and it was just a bad day."Perfectly clear, 'Mussiki'" she said with perhaps the falsest of kind voices. "But if I may just mention, I have no reason nor intent to put up with anyone who stands in my way, too close, or bumping into me on my travels to and from the koro." Her coldness was creeping back in. But she then had a thought that led to her considering how Mussiki could be used in her favour."...that figure. THe one who was interfering with me earlier. He mentioned that he was once this villages enemy? Something about taking on 'Maasi', or something. Does that not sound at least a shade more important than my weak electrical charges to correct the behaviour of the rapscallion matoran in this place?" It was a perfectly legitimate point, though one that Celite was unaware she'd be regretting much, much later.

• Edited on 2013-05-12 17:48:36 by Makuta Almanax
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 17:53:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC-Μυσσικι:

"If I had reason to detain him, I would," Mussiki said, waving off the suggestion. "However, he has not done a single thing since he was plagued with his Mark that could be construed as a criminal act, while your 'corrections,' as you say, do, in fact, constitute assault, being a minor attack against an unsuspecting innocent. You're in a Koro, and a well traveled one at that; I recommend you learn to put up with it, or travel the back streets, instead of trying to force Matoran out of your way, or trying to distract me into apprehending somebody who, in giving his earlier reprimanding, is proving that he will likely be more boon than hindrance." Mussiki took a sip of his bourbon, looking at the clock.

"Now, order yourself a drink and leave others in peace. The bar is nearly at its closing time."

OOC: Blokfase. With an L. Not an I.

• Edited on 2013-05-12 18:02:18 by Ilyusha Blokfase
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 18:01:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Vrana

"I don't really know... I woke up one morning, finding multiple days had gone by, and I was stuck looking like this."He commented, looking down at the Toa form he was trapped in. It was a bit more muscular than his original, less streamline for certain. And the worst of all was the loss of his wings, it was like losing his arms or legs, a part of him that he used constantly, that he relied on. Now they were gone.

"I can still fly, the mask allows me to. I guess that It wasn't merely a powerless Matoran mask like I had thought. But landing... the mask doesn't let you land very well, it is hard to slow down." Vrana commented, turning his eyes towards where his crash had taken place. He paused for a moment, before his eyes lit up slightly.

He reached into his armor, pulling out a small bit of dirt and a small orb. He shoved the dirt and orb into Cadias' hands, burying the orb in dirt.

OOC: I hope you don't mind Vrana forcing him to hold dirt. XD

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 18:07:48 UTC
    View post on BZP

She was now fuming. Nothing was going her way today, and it felt like authority figures were around everywhere. Silently, she rose back up to her feet, grabbed her staff once more and hurriedly made her way out, cursing the name of Mussiki as soon as she was out of earshot."Back streets? ME? Honestly..." she decided that she did not wish to stay in the Koro for the time being. It was becoming far too bothersome to be surrounded by enemies. Quite by chance, her aimless wandering wound her in the marketplace of Ga-Koro. As if her day couldn't be worse, now she was in an area even more likely to be protected, as well as extremely noisy. "GAAAAH!" She screamed out, silencing the area around her. Her temper was at its height and she hurriedly stormed away before anyone could come after her. As fast as she could, Celite made her way to the entrance gates and demanded to be let through, heading once more to her only place of peace - the same place she had been but hours before, Naho Bay.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 18:14:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC-Μυσσικι:

Sighing, Mussiki stood, leaving the bar. After a moment to gather his items and surroundings he followed down the same way that Jikal had earlier, following the Toa of Electricity using his footsteps.

IC-Ευτύχια:

Outside Hahli's hut in the Koro, Eutuchia, Matoran of Plantlife and musician extraordinaire (self described but not far off) was currently playing a song on a classical guitar, his ever-present ukulele set beside him on the bench. Without singing he had already drawn a few Matoran near him, though as he looked about he saw a dart fly into a portrait of Toa Ketan, Bane of gentle Ga-Koro, throught the window in Hahli's hut.

Frowning, he turned back to his song, to finish it quickly and deciding to go see whether the Akiri would need help with anything once he was done. After all, running a Koro was a rather large responsibility and burden, and it had been thrust upon her with nary a moment for anybody, least of all Hahli, to catch their breath.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 18:26:45 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:Jikal had been walking for several minutes when the presence became clear. Someone was following him, though he was unsure who. After a few turns, to test that they were indeed following him, he paused."Can I help you, sir?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 18:31:32 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC-Μυσσικι:

"Nice to see that you're in full working order again, Jikal," Mussiki said cheerfully to the Toa of Electricity.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 18:34:19 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:"...""Do I know you?" Jikal asked, a slightly perplexed expression darting across his concealed face.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 18:37:05 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC-Μυσσικι:

"I was there when you and Praggos and the others fought the Maasi. I learned your name not long afterwards."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 18:42:05 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:"Are you another being with a vendetta?" The Vo-Toa asked, a note if weariness entering his voice. "You wouldn't be the first. Nor the last."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 18:50:36 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC-Μυσσικι:

"No, I wanted to say hello, and thanks for telling off that Turaga of Electricity earlier."

IC-Δεστιαν:

"Well, nice to see that we've managed to make a rather thriving business," Destian said to Rhow, stepping back up to the counter. "Didn't know the Great Takea would get so popular so quickly."

IC-Ευτύχια:

Waving away some of the listeners who were trying to talk to him, Eutuchia put his guitar back into its case, and slung it over his shoulder. Then he picked up his ukulele, because he didn't trust anybody besides himself with his instruments, and took the short walk down to Hahli's hut.

Knocking on the door, he called to the person within: "Hullo, Hahli? It's Eutuchia."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 18:57:35 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Denerium - Ga-koro -

The old Turaga of plant life could not have been happier these days. As a fruit vendor this was certainly a grand time. Thanks to Onu-koro engineers Ga-koro now had underwater greenhouses. Which worked surprisingly a lot like the underwater cavern that the Turaga had his 'secret garden' inside. Only the engineers had been able to artificially create that same thing. Amazing what technology could do.

Of course the surplus of food and other valuable crops gave Denerium quite a bit more competition, prices had been getting lower and lower, but at the same time the amount of buyers had increased so it leveled out in the end.

Still, the old Turaga found himself working with more energy and enthusiasm than ever before. He was starting to wonder if he was getting too old for this.

"Plump Madu fruit! Freshly picked from my finest garden! For the next hour fifty percent off!"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 19:01:10 UTC
    View post on BZP

Celite did not travel as far as she had been before, but she just wanted to be a good distance away from the Koro to calm down. She began to scan the area with her eyes, and cupped water in her hands for a moment before charging it and splashing it in her face, feeling a slight buzz as the water connected with her kanohi. Once she was calm again, she considered her options clearly and thoroughly.

"I should really have known how bothersome people like they could be when I moved here. But the sense of distrust was so much, I thought I could easily make it here...Not to mention, my corrective skills never failed me in the past. This place has some strange Toa around. Perhaps..." She trailed off for a moment. If only she had money still, she could hire Toa of Stone to do her bidding and let her fulfill the dream she had held for so long. But because of how life led her, her dream seemed only possible through evil means. It was true that Celite was inherintly selfish and undisputably a tad insane, but that didn't mean that she wanted to take over a village if she didn't have to, but it seemed like her only option, and with the current climate Ga-Koro was sadly the safest place for her.

"But still...simply killing the Akiri would be too obvious and cause too much trouble. Simply talking her out of it also has problems, and considering the Marines' opinions on me I doubt I could simply waltz over to her hut anyway." With this, the Turaga gave a frustrated exhale. "This is why I wanted to build a village. No need to worry about killing Matoran just to establish office!" he left hand was clamped onto her face, palming it heavily.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 19:05:22 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Kitane

"How much?" I asked the fruit vendor.

OOC: Dats u Denerium

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 19:08:29 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC-Μυσσικι:

"Oh, you have to be kidding me," Mussiki muttered to himself. What Celite would do well to learn was that a clamped hand over her face would do little to stop her from being clearly heard, and that any Toa of Sonics, after something like the meeting that just occurred earlier, would make sure to keep his ears wide open.

And a Toa of Sonics never forgot a voice.

"I sense troubled times in my future."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 19:08:54 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: VoutokAfter obtaining the crossbow and bolts from the breathless Lenat, Voutok nodded towards Zacax and his apprentice and sprinted out the door towards the tip of the dock. The skiff was still a good distance away, but not out of range of the crossbow. Voutok wasted no time in his brief explanation to the Toa of Fire of when to light the iron tips of the bolts on fire with the convenient command "fire!" After he was certain the plan was clear to him, Voutok began rhythmically loading the crossbow, saying "fire!", then pulling the trigger of the crossbow, aiming precisely at the sail. With luck, this would render the skiff immobile by conventional means, and make it easier to board or shoot down by the cannons of the other, larger ship.After a few seconds a steady stream of flaming crossbow bolts were soaring over the sea with precise accuracy, coming closer and closer to their marks as every half-second ticked off. Voutok did not cease firing, keeping a steady eye on the target to see what results would turn up.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 19:14:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Arias

I helped the stranger. "Say.. What is your name?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 19:17:35 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: To BIok: mental note - never scheme when a De-Toa is in the Wahi. Duely noted. I wouldn't have expected you to hear THAT well, but that's my own fault.

IC: Celite

Dismayed, the Vo-Turaga rose up once more, and looked to the skies where a few stars could be faintly seen. She stared intently at the universe, trying to see if they gave clues as to what she should do. But she was merely a being of Lightning, not one of Ice, and she had no real knowledge of the stars other than the concept of Spirit stars. Which, strangely, seemed absent in the darkening skies. After a few minutes she shrugged and considered what she should do. Naturally she should stay out of the limelight for the time being, but there were still tasks that needed to be done. An idea came to her, and she made her way back, heading for the marketplace she had fled from. It was then that a nagging voice in the back of her head was telling her that if she wasn't so single-minded, she wouldn't have to backtrack so much.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 19:18:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Denerium - Ga-koro -

"Only twenty five widgets for a dozen!"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 19:20:25 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Well, Naho bay isn't very far at all from the village proper.

IC-Mυσσικι:

"Jikal, could you, perhaps, go warn Sergeant Ralin or the Akiri herself that a potentially dangerous Vo-Turaga is on the loose near or in the village? I'm afraid for Hahli's safety."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 19:21:18 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Voutok"Voutok." the De-Matoran reiterated, not ceasing his loading of the crossbow bolts. "I'm going to assume you weren't paying attention when I—fire!— introduced myself back in the shop upon your arrival—fire!—That, or you have short term memory—fire!"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 19:23:00 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Arias

"Mine's Arias. Nice to meet you"

IC: Kitane

"Wow.. Thats cheap. I'll take two" I handed over the widgets

• Edited on 2013-05-12 19:23:46 by The Lonesome Wanderer
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 19:25:58 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Voutok"Yes, yes--fire!--Excuse me if I sound rude, but I'm sure--fire!--there will be more time for pleasantries after this ordeal is--fire!--over."Voutok noticed he was starting to run out of bolts. He hoped that the ones he already fired were doing their job well.[OOC: Why am I finding this so amusing?]

• Edited on 2013-05-12 19:32:13 by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-12 19:29:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Yeah, it does seem pretty comical.

IC:Arias

Voutok was out of bolts. So I took my Flare Gun, and prepaired to shoot.

OOC: But now we need to wait for the boat to respond.

• Tags: