BZPRPG: Ga-Wahi

Ga-Wahi
A banner for the topic
  • Posted 2013-05-16 03:12:16 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: "Her" Eutuchia? Oh, dear, that's frightening. xP Don't worry, I know it was a mistake; I'm just making a joke.

IC-Ευτύχια:

"Alright, Lipa, you examine the right side, I examine the left. We reconvene in three days back at this point. Agreed?"

"Three days?"

"You've seen how many of these there are! I bet that if we work quickly, we'll finish in two and a half!" With a quick grin and a bound, Eutuchia quickly jumped off, down to the start of the row, such that he could check the plants from the oldest to the youngest; that way he could see why production was behind, how far whatever caused it to fall behind had spread, and where and how old the safe plants were, such that he could give Hahli a good estimate as to how long it might ta--

"Uh oh."

Well, problem solved, he guessed. Because that was one mad looking slug right there.

• Edited on 2013-05-16 03:13:12 by Ilyusha Blokfase
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 03:20:38 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Cadias

"Hmm. We'll have to make some preparations, but that shouldn't take too long. Like old times, eh?"

The waitress returned, carrying the food. Cadias pushed a plate of the roast and the slice of pie toward Vrana. "Eat."

Cadias watched Vrana intently while chewing his food. He fully expected Vrana to refuse, but he had a suspicion that Vrana's hunger would win out over his stubbornness. If what Vrana had told him was any indicator, then Vrana hadn't been eating well.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 03:37:34 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:Xenin watched as the Matoran climbed aboard her vessel and sailed towards him. "Toa!" She shouted, "What brings you to Ga-Wahi?" "I just awoke on the the shore a few hours ago!" He called back, pointing south across the dakening waves to the beach where he had lay. Abruptly realizing how utterly stupid this sounded, he quickly added, "I can't remember anything before that."He winced, certain she now thought him a lunatic. "Great first impression." He muttered sarcastically to himself. The boat continued to cut deftly through the waves, Xenin half expecting her to turn away.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 08:16:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

Leah let out a long breath with a hint of a groan somewhere in the lower registers of her voice. Frustration tugged at her otherwise relaxed features , with an 'oh spirts, why?'-look in her eyes. Yes, Verak had been at the Kini-Nui. And yes, he had helped the Toa that had defended the entrance and watched their backs during the fight against Makuta. For all intents and purposes, he was a hero, a Toa, because of that. Unfortunately somewhere along the line the Po-Toa had decided to instead become a royal pain the the neck as well, boasting and arrogant, a cocky Ghekula if she'd ever seen one. And Verak had less than half as much charm as he thought he did, nowhere near enough to pull off the suave rebel.

With a sigh, Leah raised her hand. A hard stream of water hit the reclining Toa square in the face. It was not going to do any harm, but did wash away his self-assured grin. He was saying something but it became little more than a warbled exclamation. Leah lowered her liquid pillar so she was a bit more on level with the wrecked dinghy.

"Yeah, you were at the great temple. And you helped. And that's the only reason why you've been allowed back to stay in the village. Except you went and got yourself arrested. Again. And you're really starting to overstay your welcome. Next time the Akiri will kick you out of here so fast you'll be in Ko-Koro before you know you've left. Do you even know how much time the marines had to waste just to clean up after you? Time they could have used far better. I don't think you do, or care for that matter...so let me make it real simple for you: You're going back to the village now and you're going to do whatever work the Akiri sees fit, until you've reimbursed whoever that dinghy belonged to. And then you're gonna get your act cleaned up or you're out of the village for good. Are we clear?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 10:52:48 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Klina

The Toa of Water fell in the sea. As she got up the being stood in front of her. His name was Trilax.

• Edited on 2013-05-16 10:53:41 by Kranan: Rider of Rohan
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 12:30:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: A blue Ta-Toa.

IC:

"Well, it totally isn't related to the fact I used to be a slave or anything," Aurel said, sounding slightly irritated.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 14:19:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Trilax and Klina

Trilax had then left Klina. But Klina didn't want him to go without a fight. But Trilax had then disappeared from her sight.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 14:54:39 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Vrana

He nodded slightly in agreement with Cadias, remember the old times. He had had his wings then, the future had seemed hopeful and bright, even with Makuta looming over the island. Now everyone seemed to have grown more grim, more fearful, and as far as he knew, the Makuta had been destroyed.

Vrana looked downwards at the food Cadias had pushed towards him, eyeing it with the look of someone on the brink of starving. He had barely eaten, surviving on what few fruit he could find along the shore, not many. But he knew the food would taste as bad as his own, he could tell right away.

But hunger was stronger, his willpower second to his desire to eat. Ignoring any utensils, he grabbed up the meat with his taloned gauntlets, and took a massive bite.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 15:00:37 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Suran

The Lesterin's eyebrows lowered even further, "A slave? Here?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 15:02:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"Not in this Koro! That was back three months ago... In Ko-Wahi..."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 21:52:37 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Cadias

Cadias watched as Vrana simply grabbed the meat and started chewing on it with a ferocity that betrayed both his hunger and his past. Looks like I'll have to teach Vrana manners...

Silently, he pushed a napkin toward Vrana. "Well?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 22:43:17 UTC
    View post on BZP

The Lesterin was incredulous, "I have never heard of Ko-Koro condoning slavery before."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 22:49:19 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"That's because it wasn't Ko-Koro..."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 22:55:50 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Strakolix

"Alright you caught me, it was a practical joke. I'm sorry, it won't happen again. Here's my 20-widgit fee for disturbing the peace." He tossed Voutok a bag of scrap metal. "Use the change for charity." Then he disappeared into the shadows from whence he came and was gone, like dust in the wind.

OOC: Edit: Disregard this post. I was being OP and I apoligize.

• Edited on 2013-05-17 20:04:22 by ToaKapura1234
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 23:09:46 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Please, do tell me more, if you do not mind."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 23:33:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

Aurel shrugged, it didn't bother her to talk about this, "When the ILF first went to Ko-Wahi... I went along with them... And I ended up getting left behind and captured by a bunch of Makuta-worshippers in Ko-Wahi. I don't even know how long ago that was..."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 00:27:41 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Vhohan

After a long period of hiking across Mata Nui, Vhohan had arrived in Ga-Koro. The sights of this place were quite different from where he was from, Po-Koro. So many people bustled and buzzed about, unlike the desertion of Po-Koro.

He looked up at the building in front of him. The Great Takea. A bar operated by the Horde. The Horde had aligned itself with the League. Vhohan walked inside.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 03:00:41 UTC
    View post on BZP

The Lesterin's Calix creased into a frown of disgust, "That is terrible. Truly. What did you hope to find in Ga-Koro?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 06:26:55 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Celite

Turaga Celite wanted to resolve her issue peacefully if she could. At least, that's what her sanity was telling her. It seemed beyond her capacity that her obsessions would inevitably lead her into a state of insanity as she walked in the direction of the Akiri's home. However, she came to a stop to look around the area, paranoid that someone would interfere before she could so much as discuss anything. She was distracted for that brief moment when someone quickly bumped into her and ran off. Stunned, she tried to catch a glimpse of whoever it was that had been so insolent when...

"...The dagger! It's gone!" She said, panicked. She looked in the direction of the thief but they had already gone, dispersed among the crowd. Celite's rage grew fiercer by the minute. Now she had just lost her leverage and the money used to get it had been wasted. As she turned back in the direction of the Akiri's hut she tried making backup plans. Before she could, though, her bad luck was further cemented as she tripped on a loose pebble, sending her flying and knocking her Rau two feet away, on the waters' edge.

"....What made me think I could stay in this Makuta-hole..." She said, voice muffled as she was face-down in the ground. With her strength dissipating, she was now bordering on the realm of unconsciousness.

• Edited on 2013-05-17 06:27:41 by Makuta Almanax
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 11:41:40 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Treize

"Oi, Kotaran. Get over here."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 12:01:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"Before I got captured... I had a friend who stayed around Ga-Koro a lot. I thought if I was going to look for him, I should start here."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 15:53:52 UTC
    View post on BZP

"I see," said the Lesterin, "I am afraid I do not know the people of Ga-Koro as much as they know me. Though perhaps I may know of the friend you seek, if you should need help in locating them."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 17:25:47 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: @Makuta Almanax: Is Celite open for interaction?

IC Surina

(Ga-Koro):

Surina's eyes widened as she saw a Turaga lying weakly on one of the seaweed platforms. She had lost her mask and it was teetering on the edge of the platform.

It wasn't like Surina to be so concerned of others' safety. However, Turaga were wise and respected, which triggered feelings of care even in Surina.

Surina went over to the Turaga, took the mask and placed it back on her face.

"Turaga, are you all right?" she asked.

• Edited on 2013-05-17 17:25:59 by Toatapio Nuva
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 19:25:07 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Indeed she is...sort of

IC: CeliteThe Vo-Turaga barely managed to lift herself up using her staff as a third leg. She felt so weak and had to reach for her Rau that lay on the very edge of the platform, though she nearly collapsed when she tried to."I...I feel so weak..." She said sorrowfully. "But...could you get it for me...?" She asked the Ga-Matoran, her free hand on her head as a response to the headache she was feeling.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 19:34:49 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Didn't Surina already give her back her mask? "Surina went over to the Turaga, took the mask and placed it back on her face."

IC Surina

(Ga-Koro):

Surina obliged and helped Celite rise on her feet, placing the mask on her face again.

"What happened?" Surina asked, hoping the answer would involve potential for profit. She was a bit ashamed of herself to think that way, but it was something that had allowed her to survive through Makuta's reign.

• Edited on 2013-05-17 19:35:58 by Toatapio Nuva
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 19:52:14 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"His name is Zacax. Ta-Toa, red, probably spends his time messing around with weapons..?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 20:06:28 UTC
    View post on BZP

He had one last trick up his sleeve. Strakolix walked up to the De-Matoran and whispered in his ear: "Listen, I am a high ranking Marine on a mission direct from Akiri Hahli that is vital to the survival of Ga-Koro. Now, I am giving you an order: Stand down." With that he sprinted away hoping the Marine would believe this final lie.

• Edited on 2013-05-17 20:24:24 by ToaKapura1234
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 20:21:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: VoutokVoutok knew he was lying from the start, and the instantaneous running off was an even bigger giveaway. With a roll of his eyes, Voutok sprinted off after the Vortixx."I'm not that stupid, Vortixx!" he called after the escapee "I've been in the Marines for months now, and I know that since the Daedra Conspiracy's Fallout there haven't been too many high-ranking Marines due to so many of them, including the former captain, died by the Toa Daedra's hands!Without losing speed, Voutok drew his bladed discs."You're now under arrest for potentially-illegal arms dealing, attempted bribery of a Marine, resisting arrest, and impersonating a Marine. Stand down now, or your list of charges will go up further and result in more severe penalties!"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 20:32:20 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Actually the bribery was retconned.

IC: Strakolix

Strakolix turned around and stopped in spite of himself. "Did you know that through this entire conversation I have had a virtually invisible targeting laser locked on to you through a hole in my cloak?" He pulled out his plasma cannon. "This is a Hagah Plasma Cannon. One of my favorite Xian inventions. Not that I'll tell you who the Xians are. All you need to know is that they are a powerful, intelligent, and mysterious race. But I'm ranting now. Where were we? Oh, yes now I remember. I have the power to kill you, little Matoran and if your unobservant "back-up" finally realizes what's going on, I'll have a knife in his chest quicker than you can blink. I can kill you and there's nothing you can do about it. Fortunately for you, I don't want to." Strakolix smiled inwardly at his perfect recitation of his self-composed speech and his ad-libbed last line. He fired his plasma cannon at the section of the lily pad in front of Voutok, hoping the De-Matoran would run into the hole. He resumed fleeing before checking to see if his plan worked.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 20:47:40 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: VoutokVoutok was well aware that this job had risks, he knew that if this guy WAS an illegal arms dealer (as he was almost positive of now) he would have some top-rate gun on his person. But something unexpected happened as the Vortixx monologued...something he said triggered something within Voutok's mind."Xian......Xia?...XIA!"Voutok's sight began distorting into another "vision". As his sight toggled between reality and the vision, in the latter he was not a Marine chasing a likely criminal. He saw himself, clad in armor with a "crossbow-like" weapon in his hands, charging after what looked like a "Rahkshi".It was around this point that the Vortixx (or in the vision's case, the "Rahkshi") fired their weapon at the lily-pad/ground. Voutok, as soon as his hearing picked up the sound of the trigger being pulled, lunged into the air with a flip, dodging the partially-explossive shot."YOU WON'T GET TO HER, WRETCH!" Voutok called subconciously at the Vortixx as he landed on his feet without breaking momentum. This was enough to snap himself out of the vision. Voutok retracted his statement with one that actually applied to the current situation: "Stop! Freeze!"As he ran after the Vortixx, he looked around for Suran. He spotted him a little ways ahead, talking to a blue-armored Toa."Suran! We got a runner!" Without waiting for the Lesterin Marine's response, Voutok hurled one of his discs toward the Vortixx's feet in an attempt to cripple or deliver a non-lethal wound to the Vortixx.

• Edited on 2013-05-17 20:48:47 by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 20:59:07 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Get who?" asked a very confused Strakolix. He then blasted the disc out of the way with his plasma cannon, likely destroying it. "Ah, well, I tried to warn you." He fired a shot from his cannon to Voutok's left and to his right. If the Marine dodged one, he would be hit by the other. He kept running, looking for a secure place to make a stand if neccessary.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 21:00:36 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC-Μύσσικι:

As Strakolix started running, he very nearly ran himself onto the end of Mussiki's telerahk staff. The Toa of Sonics behind it was not looking particularly happy at this point in time - already, two cases of law-ignoring people in the Koro. He had his work cut out for him today.

"Vortixx, there are new charges to add on to you," he growled. "Assault, and Evasion of Arrest. I recommend you stand down before we are forced to resort to lethal measures."

• Edited on 2013-05-17 21:00:57 by Ilyusha Blokfase
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 21:08:11 UTC
    View post on BZP

The Hagah Plasma Cannon could be rapid-fired but it would destroy the arms of most being with its recoil. But in turret form, this could be used safely. Strakolix crouched down and turned on this turret mode. He then fired a few warning shots at the sky. "This is your last chance. All of you, turn around, this is a fight you cannot win."

• Edited on 2013-05-17 21:12:34 by ToaKapura1234
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 21:12:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Not gonna lie, slightly confused as to how he was able to set that into a turret when Mussiki's bladed staff was, for all intents and purposes, right at Strakolix's throat. Be happy I'm not just having Mussiki lunge into him with it.

IC-Μύσσικι:

Mussiki didn't even respond to the Vortixx. Instead, he simply clicked his tongue.

However, quick and deft manipulation of the soundwaves turned that into a directed, reverberating, deafening assault on Strakolix's ears, which would, if sustained for any longer than ten seconds, leave the Vortixx with a headache. Twenty, and he would be unconscious. Fifty seconds and he would suffer permanent brain damage or death; or, if Mussiki wanted, he could simply increase the strength of the attack and liquefy the Vortixx's major organs immediately.

Amplifying his normal voice to be heard above the click that would be echoing in Strakolix's head, Mussiki growled a short phrase: "Stand down, Vortixx."

• Edited on 2013-05-17 21:15:55 by Ilyusha Blokfase
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 21:12:36 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: VoutokWhen the second plasma shot blasted the bladed disc away, Voutok quickly side-stepped toward its resting place on the ground and retrieved it. Thankfully, Kanoka Discs were rather durable. The plasma did some damage to the razors of the discs themselves, but other than that it was still in one piece. The Vortixx then fired two shots in Voutok's direction, too high to jump over and sidestepping one would cause him to hit the other, so Voutok took the only remaining way: under.The trained De-Matoran dove into a roll as the plasma rounds drew close, narrowly avoiding their acidic qualities. The Marine's training programs that first month of enlistment and the apparent combat experience he had acquired pre-arrival were paying off nicely. He would have to deal with whatever damages the stray rounds ended up doing after he could safely prevent any more from being fired.Luckily for Voutok, another Marine was also in the Vortixx's path: a Toa of Sonics whose name Voutok wasn't completely sure of. The Vortixx suddenly stopped and turned towards the Marines after the Toa joined in warning the criminal to stand down. The Vortixx activated something on his firearm and shot a few rounds into the air."This is your last chance. All of you, turn around, this is a fight you cannot win."Voutok veered to a halt by sliding and striking one of his discs into the ground to break momentum. Upon lunging to his feet, he retorted "Ok, clearly you're new to this whole 'dealing with law enforcement' thing."The Toa of Sonics began creating a sonic pulse around the Vortixx's ear. How could he tell? Voutok's own ears began ringing just being near it. He turned the dial on his headset to the "3" setting to block out what noise he did hear as the Toa warned him. Voutok readied himself, ready to aid in any battle that ensued."Never underestimate a De-Matoran that actually knows what he's doing." he thought to himself with a slight, unnoticeable smirk behind his inactive Kanohi Sonak.

• Edited on 2013-05-17 21:28:16 by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 21:16:35 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Augh!" the Vortixx screamed in pain as the sound hit him. He tore off two pieces of his cloak and stuffed them in his ears. Better, but still not good. he thought. He then unsheathed one of his poison-coated knives and threw it with surprising speed and accuracy, straight at the Toa's chest.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 21:19:41 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC-Μύσσικι:

One thing that was forgotten was that Mussiki was in no way impaired by pain like Strakolix was; he had simply only to move out of the way and slam the knife to the ground with his staff.

And then, increase the power. The Vortixx would likely begin to feel an odd, deep-seated shaking in his bones and armour if this kept up much longer.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 21:32:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

Out of nowhere, in the shadows unseen, a bolt of lightning flew towards the impaired Strakolix. Not nearly of a high enough voltage to kill, it would simply knock him unconscious, easy pickings for the guard. With his abilities impaired, he would almost certainly fail to notice the bolt flying at him from behind.

The hooded figure watched the guards warily. He was far from a welcome sight in this village, and there was indeed still a warrant for his arrest.

OOC: Apologies for ganging up on ya, but Kal having Mussiki show up didn't leave me much of a choice. since the two were together at last post. :P

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 21:36:11 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: VoutokThe De-Matoran was shocked (all puns intended) by the sudden lightning bolt incapacitating the Vortixx. Voutok quickly composed his posture and turned to the Toa of Sonics."Please tell me that was some fancily glowing blast of sonic energy from you..."

• Edited on 2013-05-17 21:39:11 by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-17 21:39:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:Except there was no piece of rubble, nor a cowering Ga-Matoran, because not enough damage had been caused for either to occur. The bolt kept flying, towards its target.

OOC: Kapura? That was what we call a deus ex machina. An event that has no reason to occur, but it does to save a character. They're against the rules. Plus, not enough destruction has been wrought for there to be rubble, or a fearful Ga-Matoran. He's only made one destructive shot, and that was before he started running again.

EDIT: The exact rule:

Deus Ex Machina's (an unrealistic or improbable way of getting your characters out of a bad situation) are not allowed.

• Edited on 2013-05-17 21:44:01 by The Snark Knight
  • Tags: