BZPRPG: Ta-Wahi

Home of the Lavapool Inn & the first monorail on Mata Nui
A banner for the topic
  • Posted 2013-05-19 20:34:42 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: (Perkahn, Lavapool Inn)

Perkahn pushed a glass filled to the brim with Salamander's towards Brekan, before turning toward Grochi.

"What happened, Grochi?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 20:36:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC-Grochi:

"Guards using scare tactics. I told them off and demonstrated a greater understanding of their leader's duty and their own rules than she herself had." He stopped for a moment, thinking.

"She'd actually been in here not that long ago. Small little Ta-Matoran."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 20:39:19 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Brekan

There are some things that you just don't expect to happen, and Brekan had just been put through one of them. You don't often expect someone you just met to grab you up, and run you to a bar. It just isn't exactly a normal occurrence in anyone's life.

So hopefully she could be forgiven for having another small panic attack on the way there, landing almost lifelessly in the chair as she struggled to catch her breath and stop the shaking that was attacking her due to stress.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 20:40:55 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC-Grochi:

"Please tell me she's going to be alright. I didn't go through all that outside to have her suffer cardiac arrest once I finally got her somewhere halfway safe."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 20:41:02 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Flaredrick (Koro Streets)

Flaredrick walked around the streets, not even looking at where he was going. He wasn't on the Koro, as it may seem, but in his mind. Thoughts clouded his head as he walked.

It feels like it's been so long since Lavist died. Then comes this new technology that we are just utilizing, for what? We couldn't do this while Makuta was attacking us? Did we not have the warriors to defend us? Why now, why me? What has Mata Nui planned?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 20:44:00 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: (Perkahn, Ta-Koro)

The Toa of Iron sighed, disappointment written in large letters on his face - and a glint of approval when it comes to Grochi. "Good work. I've got to say, friend, I am honestly disappointed with the city guard lately. It's like we're living in a police state; the guard being extra mistrustful of you every time you roll around despite your part in the battle, and now this."

He wasn't quite scowling, but it was something close. This city was becoming something... really perverse, really mutated lately, as if it took all the worst qualities it had and enshrined them in law. Akiri Jaller, who you'd expect to be rather close to the people, was really rather distant and rarely properly communicated with them nowadays.

Of course, Jaller had a lot of work, but Perkahn was seriously considering dropping by the Akiri's place to complain. Just for a few hours.

Not now, however. Now there were more important things to do. Perkahn took a good, long glance at Brekan. She seemed to be in a bit of a lot of a shock.

"Hey," Perkahn asked her, kindly, "how do you feel? Stupid question, I know, it's obvious you don't feel that good. Drink a bit of the Salamander's - it'll wear a bit of the shock right off."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 20:59:01 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Brekan

The stress was slowly starting to cool slightly, though the number of people inside the Lavapool was far too many for her tastes, still affecting her sense of caution and instilling a great sense of unease that permeated her entire being. There was little she could do about the chaos of the day, the all around terror she had been put through as everyone in the Koro had arrived in that little alleyway. She would have to suffer through it.

Or she could take the easy way out, sitting there within her reach, the large glass filled to the brim with what certainly looked to be alcohol, though it was at best a guess, having never heard of any drink called Salamander. It wasn't much of a choice, as the drink was swiped up by the Toa of air, and she quickly emptied it away. Perhaps quickly wasn't a strong enough word for the speed with which she downed it.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 20:59:42 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Hm. Must still be out...

Jolek entered the home quietly, taking a seat at the table to rest his aching legs. If nothing else, he'd gotten a good workout.

• Edited on 2013-05-19 20:59:50 by Joseph Joestar
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 21:09:13 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Hakari - Ta-koro

I walked through the streets of the koro of fire with a sense of awe and wonder. I gawked and oohed at every streetlight I passed with wonder. How were they able to keep them lit like that? I overheard a few guards mention something about electricity or something like that. I wasn't sure how it all worked but it sure sounded interesting!

I felt my energy being slightly boosted by the artificial light, though it was nowhere near as effective as sunlight.

I wasn't sure where I was going, since I didn't really know my way around, but I saw a sign that said Lavapool Inn, that sounded interesting! I walked inside, my eyes wide eyed as I looked around the interior.

"Wait a second...I don't see any lava in here...or a pool..."

OOC: Open for interaction.

• Edited on 2013-05-19 21:09:34 by A billion cats
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 21:18:12 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

Reality kicked into Flare. He saw some one on the streets looking confused. he went up to him.

"Hey are you confused about something?"

OOC: That's you Snelly

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 21:31:15 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Hakari - Lavapool Inn, Ta-koro

I yelped in alarm as a Toa spoke to me from the streets behind me, I had just barely entered this Lavapool Inn and really didn't expect for someone to be behind me.

"Oh hello!" I said as I turned around, catching my breath a bit. I gave him a friendly smile. "I was just wondering why there isn't a pool of lava in here...or just lava, or a pool, it's called the Lavapool Inn and all..."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 21:34:35 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

He chuckled a bit. "That is a mystery. Perhaps the owner decided to name it that way." He then looked at the stranger in front of him. "Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Toa Flaredrick." He extended his hand.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 21:42:56 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:"You've a very unfortunate name, sir." A voice drawled from behind Flaredrick.

The speaker was a being of unknown species leaning back in a chair, hat pulled down over his face. His was wrapped loosely about himself, not truly fastened in any real capacity. "Single misstep when speakin' it, and you've just spoken a horrendous insult.""Afternoon, miss." The green armored being said to Hakari, without taking the hat off of his face. "Don't see many Lesterin round these parts. 'Cept for me."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 21:49:53 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"Don't want any trouble now." He looked at the being behind him. "Just giving the lady here an answer that's all. Didn't mean to offend you." He looked back between the two. "So can i offer y'all a drink?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 21:53:39 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Hakari - Lavapool Inn, Ta-koro -

I looked at the new speaker, sitting in his chair. He was a Lesterin, just like me! I wondered what the odds of running into one of my own kind around here were.

WHOOSH! My mask activated almost on it's own and it seemed like I vanished in a blur, before reappearing a few feet in front of the other Lesterin. I forgot about Flaredrick completely, not that I was trying to be rude, but the excitement of meeting one of my own kind was too much.

"Hi I'm Hakari!"

• Edited on 2013-05-19 21:59:54 by A billion cats
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 21:57:04 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

Flare, ordered the bar tender to give three drinks. Lesterin. So these are the new people that came to the island. I wonder what is was like?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 22:02:06 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: With Kaitholas CageIC: Erif, Tomar, Fiera, Akira

Erif opened the door for Fiera, grabbing her hand again once they entered. Tomar raised an eyebrow.

I waltzed into the Gafna, taking my usual spot near the dartboard. "How long 'till he figures it out?" I whispered to Erif, noticing the barkeep's expression. "Oh and, if you don't remember, I'll be delighted to remind you." I referred his earlier worries.

Erif grinned. "I think he already has an idea. He's been teasing me for months." Erif paused and looked at his hand. "Well, that's if he recognizes us," the archer said as he smiled. "Oh, I don't think I'll forget any time soon, but I wouldn't mind a reminder."

"The recognizing us part is what I meant." I whispered. "And you would? Well let me see what I can do about that..." I leaned over the table, closed to his head, but stopped next to his ear: "But what would you look forward to when we're done here?" I teased and withdrawn. "Hey, Tomar, I'll have....... do you have anything girly?" I asked the barkeep. In the four months of abstinence, I've gone soft.

Tomar raised his other eyebrow. "Coming up, Miss...?" Erif grinned. "Come on Tomar. Don't tell me you don't recognize us."

I grinned at the old Ta-Toa. "Well, we've grown a little I'll say that. Does this ring a bell?" I said, taking five darts and landing them in a nice, regular pentagon on the dartboard. "Heh, still got it, might even be better now." I boasted. We abandoned playing for points long ago. No matter how drunk, we scored the same. Now it was all about the better tricks.

Tomar took a step back. "Fiera? ERIF?!" The old Toa sat down, rubbing his head. "Now that's something I didn't expect." Erif smiled. "The usual, " he said as he picked up a few darts. Still didn't know how to activate his mask, he reflected, but that would be cheating. Thwap, thwap, thwap, thwap, thwap. Each dart landed directly in between Fiera's, turning her pentagon into a decagon.

Tomar's reaction made me laugh. "And that's not even the best part of the story," I said, "Pour yourself a glass and listen, both of you." I said, approaching the moment of truth while we were still somewhat sober. "You might have heard, there is this new Toa in town..." I begun, and slowly explained about everything leading up to this point. Starting at searching for help with my injured hand, through the rings and how they caused all of this to describing what I knew of how the paladins worked. "And that's when she offered to train me. Us. And truth to be told, I couldn't make a single spark when I tried." I confessed, feeling greener than a Le-Toa. "But she wants to find all of those who were changed by the rings. I guess I found one?" I said, looking over to Erif, "But one of the lights headed towards Le-koro, so that's why I have to leave with her. The job I'm leaving for personal reasons. Now I have an obligation towards all Matoran, right? And as things are lately, being in the guard here might end up with me assigned to attack some of them." I finished, emptying my glass in one swoop and taking a deep breath. "And now I'm afraid you're going to want to stay." I stammered out, bracing for whatever response.

Erif paused. Ta-Koro was his life, his home. He had a duty to the guard too. But... Without her it wouldn't be home, and he'd go back to having no life. "I'll go with you," he said softly. "I'll just ask Jaller about that scouting position."

I leaned in closer, kissing his cheek. "Thank you." I whispered, unbelieving he'd do that for me. "Come, you should meet her. I don't know if you will like her way of thinking, but she gets only both or none of us. On our terms. That's the deal." I smiled. If he was willing to go because of me, I was willing to stay.

"Okay... Let's go meet her." Erif stood up, smiling at Fiera and Tomar. "See you later Tomar."

I nodded and got up as well. Waving a goodby to Tomar, I turned around and threw the widgets for my drink over my shoulder, smiling when I heard them land on the table right in front of the Ta-Toa.

I led us back to my home, hoping Akira was still there. I was certain the paladin couldn't be found if she didn't want to. But we were in luck. She was sitting on a bench nearby, apparently meditating. "So, you found the other one." She stated without even opening her eyes. "How did you... Never mind. Yes, I did. Erif, this is Akira. Akira, Erif." I introduced them. "Pleasure to meet you." She said, getting up and offering Erif a hand.

Erif shook her hand, watching her carefully. "Nice to meet you, Akira. So you're the one responsible for this?"

The paladin shrugged. "I'm not sure. Was I looking for trainees? Yes. Did I know there have been some Matoran destined for this? No." she said. It took me aback a little when she put it that way. But it had to be. Changing to a Toa was not a thing of chance. "Are you the plushie boy by any chance?" I nearly choked coughing so hard. "Shhhh!" I hissed at Akira and turned away to hide my face. I didn't think I have ever turned that red.

Erif looked at Fiera and raised an eyebrow. "Plushy boy?"

"I... Well... Um..." I babbled, "Well let's just say there were TWO people who had a crush and were too insecure to do anything about it." I finally said. "Did Fiera tell you what this is about?" Akira asked, apparently having her answer.

Erif grinned at Fiera and looked back at Akira. "Yes, she did, actually. The entire joining the paladins and protecting the Matoran."

Akira nodded: "Well, thoughts? I want you to understand - both of you," She said, momentarily shifting her gaze to me, "that there is no second guessing that decision. Once you're committed, I will not react kindly to anyone leaving. So if you have any doubts - About your abilities, about your allegiance, about the ways a paladin gets things done - this is the last chance to back down." I stood straight, looking the older Toa in the eyes: "I will follow."

Erif thought for a second and answered. "I will follow you. But killing any matoran is not something I do. Okay?"

"The Matoran are Paladin's prime - and ONLY - charges. Anyone who threatens them is an enemy, and you are free to use ANY means necessary to protect your charge. That includes Matoran gone evil, If they are threat to another's life or freedom. However, the decision between merely containing or removing the threat is always yours. No one can ever force you to kill." Akira explained, putting a reassuring hand on Erif's shoulder. "Be ready to leave tomorrow early evening. Also, another Toa will be joining us. Vorlik, if you heard of him."

Erif nodded. "I will, don't worry."

While that talk was going on, I slipped inside my hut to grab a piece of paper and something to write with. Nodding to myself, I wrote my resignation from the guard. I returned just in time. "Very well then. I will leave you to it. I'm sure you have preparations to make." Akira nodded us goodbye and left. "Yeah..." I sighed, looking down at the resignation in my hand. "Ready for a major change of life?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 22:07:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

After a momentary pause, the Lesterin lifted his hat partway off his face, regarding Hakari with evident amusement. "Excitable one, aren't you?"

He held a hand out to shake, blinking lazily. He noted Flaredrick moving to the counter, and rolled his eyes. "Uptight Toa, the lot of 'em. Seem to take every comment as a declaration of war."

"Oh yeah. I'm Rerin, by the way. Good to meet you."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 22:16:22 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

He headed back to offer the two drinks. "Sorry for an interruption, but any of you want a drink?" He held out the two in front of him, grinning as if he was trying to impress someone, which he obviously is.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 22:17:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC - Lerszgal:

Right, the Fe-Matoran thought to himself. You've got to calm down.

Fortunately he recognized the area he was in now, and in a minute was knocking on his client's doorway. The resident, an older Ta-Matoran opened the door slowly.

"Who is there?" he asked, before looking. Lerszgal grinned, recovering some of his poise.

"Your rope," he answered dryly. The Matoran, seeing him, opened the door wide, beckoning him on.

"Well, Lerz," he said when the traveler had stepped in, "How's Ta Koro this time of year?"

Lerszgal grunted.

"The security freaks me out. Not only do you have lava moats and walls, but there's even more guards than before."

He unclasped his pack, letting it fall to the ground.

"I got you the rope you wanted, though," he pulled it out, dropping the coiled bundle on a table. "I wonder if it's worth it sometimes."

His customer laughed as he carefully counted out the required widgets. "Trying to get some sympathy widgets?" Before Lerszgal could reply he slapped his shoulder. "Thanks for bringing me this though."

Lerszgal nodded.

"Listen. I found a few Madu trees at the edge of Ta Wahi. It's a pretty wild place, but the trees look like their fruit is ready. You know anyone who would be willing to deal in that stuff?"

"If you found some Madu trees that haven't been claimed by this or that Koro, I'm sure you can get a few customers. Listen. I know a friend over in Ga Wahi who would be willing to buy whatever you can harvest from them. but in all honesty, I've heard of that place before."

Lerszgal raised his eyebrows.

"Really. Why haven't you used it?"

His customer shrugged.

"Uncanny place, that. The few people who knew about it while Makuta was still in power blamed it on Rahi, but all we know is that no Matoran went there and made it back, and we never tried hiring a guard or anything."
    Larszgal was silent for a moment, thinking.
    "What do you think it was?" he asked.
    "I don't know. I'm just warning you: if you go, hire a guard at the least for your own safety."
    Lerszgal nodded.
    "It'll curb my profit, but as long as it doesn't cost too much, I can try."
    He took the widgets the Ta-Matoran offered him and left, deep in thought. He was familiar with this area of the Koro and in a minute was walking into the Lavapool inn. He glanced around at the beings inside and his eyes widened at the sight of two of them: whatever they were, they were certainly not Toa. The one Toa was near the counter, and he decided to walk there, maybe order something.
    OOC: Anyone interested in a temporary bodyguard position?

• Edited on 2013-05-19 22:18:58 by Grantaire
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 22:28:18 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:"...""Kid, you look like a Matoran that just presented their parents a piece of scribbled on paper for Naming Day." The Lesterin rolled his eyes, flicking them towards the table at his right, due to his lack of available hands. "Sparky, you need to relax, and dial it down from eleven."

• Edited on 2013-05-19 22:28:31 by The Snark Knight
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 22:36:18 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"Sorry hoss," he puts down the drink on the table. "It's just that I never seen a Lesterin before. I only heard it from the locals about what they looked like." He grabbed his drink and looked back at the two. "Sorry if I sound too... what's the word? Obscure, no. Intrusive, yes, intrusive, but how do you like the stay?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 22:42:41 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:"If you're asking how I like the island, I couldn't really care less. It have plenty of employment for my line of work, and plenty of bars. That's good enough for me."

• Edited on 2013-05-19 22:43:05 by The Snark Knight
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 22:49:38 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"Well then, that sounds lovely." He looked at both of the two. "So what is the most interesting part of the island, besides bars, in your opinion?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 23:01:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"The bars in other places on the island." The Lesterin replied, dropping his hat on his head, and grabbing the flask out of his right side holster. A long sip was taken, and another dollop poured into the drink next to him. "My time is spent working, or in bars. That's pretty much it."

IC:

Jaller sighed.

Laid out before him were a variety of reports and complaints from various sources, all of them stemming from one source; the conduct of a Guard named Tulli. This was not the first time he had received complaints about her. Her notorious promiscuity had been the cause for several reports of harassment, and multiple complaints of improper conduct by superior officers. And now, she had gone and caused a full blown incident, which he was told had involved a well-known public hero.

This needed to be dealt with.

"Send in Guard Tulli."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 23:06:15 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"May I ask, what is your profession?" He said interested by the Lesterin and his ways of living. He grabbed his drink and drank it all in on gulp. He put it down, and a Matoran refilled it.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 23:07:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:"I'm a body guard, a caravan protector, a handyman, a master of odd jobs, and on one occasion, I've been a baby sitter. Really depends on what people hire me for."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 23:12:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Stronin

"Nothing happens anymore," muttered Stronin. "Nothing."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 23:14:45 UTC
    View post on BZP

I nodded quickly. "That's what everyone seemed to say about me yes! I guess it must be true!" I grasped Rerin's hand and shook it firmly. He'd find my grip quite strong, I was the outmost believer in firm handshakes.

I glanced at Flaredrick as he offered me a drink. "Ah thank you!" I took the offered drink and put it to my mouth. When I placed the mug back on the table it was empty. "Woah...that stuff has a strong taste..."

• Edited on 2013-05-19 23:14:55 by A billion cats
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 23:17:27 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"Payment is good," He takes a sip out of his drink. "But it all depends on what it is. I was once a leader of a Toa team a long time ago. But because I was knocked down, and did not recover fast enough, they all died. I came here to find a new life, and found myself leading another Toa, who insisted we make a team. But he died in battle, and I killed our attacker."

He took a big gulp and held his glass. "I don't regret doing it, but I don't even care for the Toa code. I never really lived by it on my island. So, why use it here? Rules are meant to be broken right?"

He then looks up to the female Lesterin that he had met. "Yeah it's strong, and you're welcome. It's just as strong as I needed to be. If you'd like, I could order something lighter?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 23:23:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:"Actually, rules are meant for the exact opposite." Rerin commented, regarding Flaredick from under his hat. "Something you don't seem to understand, Sparky."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 23:32:53 UTC
    View post on BZP

I sat down in a chair between Rerin and Flaredick. "Nah, I can handle the strong stuff just fine!"

I crossed my legs, looking around the Inn curiously. "I still don't see any lava...or pools...or lavapools..."

• Edited on 2013-05-19 23:48:44 by A billion cats
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 23:35:07 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Rerin, Snelly. :P

IC:"They call the place the Lavapool Inn as a reference to Ta-Koro's lava." Rerin said, draining half his drink in a single gulp. "There isn't actually a pool of lava, nor has there ever been."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 23:38:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"Well every one has there own view points right?" Flare said, not even knowing he's starting to become drunk. Then again, his voice is never off when drunk. Something that has intrigued him for quite some time.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 23:46:12 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:"Viewpoints, yes. But the viewpoint that truly matters is the one in sight of the law, and morality. Nd that is wrong in view of both. Killin' ain't something to be considered so easily."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 23:52:34 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"I really don't do it unless I have to. Just like what happened back then, I killed them out of shear rage. Actually that's the only real reason why I do such things. I mean yeah I do follow it, but rage just puts that to the side, and I go crazy."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-19 23:53:30 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Killing people is awful!" I exclaimed, I hadn't really been paying attention to what they were talking about but I had picked up on something about killing. I took another drink and drained the mug before placing it back down. I wasn't concerned too much with how much I drank, since Flaredrick seemed to be paying for it all.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-20 00:00:42 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:"There are things that can justify murder. But rage isn't one of them."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-20 00:01:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Liacada-Lavapool)<br /><br />"The guard is oppressive. Worse than that, it spends more time on ridiculous matters like this than on things like tracking down the people who killed the Turaga." She took a seat next to Perkahn. "That's why I've been considering the unthinkable."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-20 00:35:19 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: (Tarotrix/Lavapool Inn/Ta-Koro)

And as Grochi and the guards were chatting away, Tarotrix just sat in his little corner. Still sipping his first glass of whiskey. When he overheard these newcomer's rather disrespectful views towards the guard.

"Might I inquire why you aren't celebrating more?"

• Tags: