BZPRPG: Po-Wahi

Po
A banner for the topic
  • Posted 2013-05-16 00:44:37 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"G'morning, Kale," I said, ignoring standard ranking (to be frank, I was still reeling from the transition from being the Po-Koro Guard, to the Po-Koro Sentinels -- and all the other title changes which came with it) in favour of trying to get my old crew-mate's attention. "How goes it?"

-Void

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 01:08:50 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Kale Ironshaper- Po-koro

IC: "Wonderfully, I am happy to say. I just finished testing out something that should help with the Akiri's plans."

It was easy to tell that the Toa of Iron had loosened up in the last three months. He no longer looked to the regulations for everything and didn't look as if somebody had replaced his spine with a metal rod.

"Still on your crusade, Rynakk?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 01:43:15 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

There was a mix of a grin and a grimace on my face when Kale replied to my query; a grin at seeing the new flow in the Toa's step, the limberness of his form and posture and the new fizzles and flashes in his expressions. A grimace at, well...y'know.

"The crusade never stopped," I answered with a smile which seemed like the beautiful, flowering plant blooming right above the murky, misty swamp. "But never mind that; what's this awesome new invention you've got?"

-Void

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 01:48:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Quert)

With it quieting down, Quert decided to talk to Tera. "Si-Ma'am," he quickly corrected, paused, and continued, "I've just returned from a 18 hour shift at the hospital. Permission to retire for the day?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 02:57:07 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

Your legs are starting to tire, which is pretty surprising. You usually have more energy, but maybe the events of three months prior have affected you in more ways than you have expected. Yet the journey back to the village should not have taken so long; following the road into the village, where you would do your best to avoid being hugged by your friends ... that would have been the usual thing to do. But for some strange reason, the roads have disappeared, and you're now lost somewhere in the Motara Desert.

Navigation has never really been one of your better skills, but you do know that finding some sort of recognisable landmark would help you reach the village. Except you're surrounded by a sea of sand, the dunes reaching past the horizon. There are no landmarks in sight, nor would you have been able to find one. Everywhere is sand, sand and even more sand.

Maybe taking the Ko-wahi route had been a bad idea. If you ever get out of the desert, you will forever use the Onu-wahi route to get back to the village, no matter how long it takes. In hindsight, you would not have been affected by the length of the trip anyway. You wear a Kakama.

You really should have kept on going after the Temple of Creation instead of taking a right turn.

Whoever removed the roads should be chained to a sheet of metal and left out in the hot Po-wahi sun.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 03:20:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: "Quert, if you've worked 18 hours you don't need my permission, but you've got it."

Tera nodded at those assembled and walked toward Kale's voice. "Yes?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 03:28:01 UTC
    View post on BZP

IC: Kale's response to Rynakk was cut off by Tera's acknowledgement.

"I just finished the project I've been working on for over three months. I should fit the needs of the new Light Brigade nicely Ma'am.I parked it just outside the HQ, if you would like to come and take a look at it."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 04:50:24 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Prei

I paused.

There was something I forgot.

Oh right.

"Commander, Naona passed our radio towers six hours ago."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 05:41:22 UTC
    View post on BZP

IC: Silence

That was all that could be heard for a solid minute after Prei's comment. Even breaths seemed to come more quietly.

Kale, who had gone rather still, was the first one to cut the blanket that had fallen over the room.

"What."

Gone for the moment was the slightly bouncy and much happier Ironshaper of the past month or so. In his place was the steel hard military man from his first month or so on the Fowadi.

"Sentinel Prei, you knew that one of our senior commanders was on her way home, for the first time in three months, and you forgot? Might I remind you that she was not here when the decision was made to erase the roads to our koro? She is probably wandering around out there under the sun boiling away, both physically and emotionally."

He stopped and shook his head.

"Regardless of whether or not the Commander decides to punish you for a lack of prompt reporting of information, somebody is going to tell Naona who forgot to pass along the information that she needed a pickup."

Kale let that hang for a moment before continuing.

"I hope you have stocked up on doughnuts because I don't think you are going to get a chance to buy more for a while."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 07:02:15 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Prei

If I ever got out of this situation alive, I would swear off the alcohol-infused doughnuts for the rest of my life. No matter how tasty they were, the concentration loss that always came with them was not worth it. Especially when such a lapse of concentration would lead to forgetting the Lieutenant's presence.

I still remember last time.

Although if Naona had been getting more sleep recently, then there should be less trauma involved.

Hopefully.

IC: Naona

"Finally, something that isn't all sand!"

The semi-exhausted Toa of Stone pulled herself into the Quarry, nodding to a few Matoran at work. After a long journey, she had made her way to a recognisable landmark, one that she knew very well. Of course, she also knew that it was far east from the village, meaning that she would have to run all the way back.

"First thing," she grumbled. "Rest. Then I'll head back to Po-koro, check up on Krayn and Hari, and find the person responsible for my current predicament."

She paused.

"And maybe challenge Dehkaz and Rynekk to a game of Kolhii."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 08:13:30 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Manuka): Manuka stood atop the Po-koro wall, surveying the desert beyond. The lost koro, as some had taken to calling it, was currently a peaceful place. Harsh, perhaps, still a little broken from what it had suffered, even tense at what might yet come, but for now, its residents could enjoy a little peace and security. Manuka was proud of that. He was only a mercenary, true, hired to bolster the ranks of the sentinels, but he had come to like the place. It was his home on Mata Nui, and unless something major came up, he expected it to stay that way.

He turned from watching the desert, and looked back down upon the village. A trade caravan to Ko-koro was just getting ready to leave, while other beings bustled about the bazaar. An orange Skakdi caught his eye, as did a very large toa-like being going into an inn. Not long after, there was a small disturbance at the far end of the village with a few sentinels involved. It ended in a n orange and grey toa in a hat walking away from the group and out into the village. It seemed a busy place, not lacking in exciting events, but most importantly, to Manuka, most of the beings inside seemed to be getting on well with each other. It was a good day.

OOC: Manuka open for interaction.

IC (Pukena): At the Po-wahi quarry, another being was watching the goings on. She wasn't a miner really, she was just there to cart the stone they produced back to Po-koro when her cart was full. All thoughts of stone, however, fled her mind when a toa walked into the quarry, looking like she might soon collapse from weariness.

After a moment, a small gust of wind blew a puff of sand towards Naona, and that sand began to spin upwards as if it had been taken by a dust devil. It was no mere wind that caused the movement, however, because shapes were forming from within the mass of grains: two legs, a head, a body and eventually arms as well. When the last grain finally moved into place, the sand was no longer sand, but a mound of metal and muscle.

"Well, well, well." Pukena said with a smile. "If it isn't the leiutanant, finally back in the wahi. We've all been wondering where you'd got to."

• Edited on 2013-05-16 08:16:47 by The Lorax
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 09:00:05 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Naona

"Medical leave," replied the Toa, unfazed by the abilities the other being had displayed. "I only just back ... except ..."

She gestured out at the desert.

"Somebody decided to remove the roads."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 09:10:18 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Pukena): "That was Akiri Hewkii" she explained. "He thinks it would be good to keep a safe distance from the other villages for a while, what with the way things are going." Pukena didn't really know that much about politics, but she shared what she knew. This was Leiutenant Naona after all.

"If you're having trouble finding your way, you can wait here for the next group heading back to the village. We use guides who know their way even without the roads."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 09:25:42 UTC
    View post on BZP

Naona nodded, filing away the news. "Well, thank you for the assistance. It'll be good to have some company."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 09:34:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • "Oh, not a problem" Pukena assured the toa. "Say, there've been some pretty wild stories floating around about what's going on outside the wahi. How about you climb on my cart and share a few on the way back? It's almost full by now".

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 09:54:21 UTC
    View post on BZP

Naona smiled. "I've been hospitalised for a while, so I won't know much, but I'll try to answer as many questions as possible."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 10:09:07 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Pukena): "Yeah right" Pukena laughed. "If half the rumors about you are true, you've been right in the centre of the action".

The cart had now been fully loaded with stone by a few of the Po-matoran workers, so they were ready to head back to the village. Pukena moved to the front of it and lifted it up by one of the handles. It was a big load of very heavy rocks, but between her great size and telekinesis, she was able to get the cart moving west.

"Climb aboard" she called back to the toa. "Now, since we've got nothing else to do for the rest of the trip, tell us of your adventures!"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 10:19:54 UTC
    View post on BZP

"If by 'centre' you mean being stabbed and hospitalised, yes," she drawled, getting on after the being. "Although technology outside has been changing at a rapid pace."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 10:36:42 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Pukena): "Oh, come on" the giant grunted in annoyance. "You're taking all the fun out of this. Stabbed by whom while doing what? What sort of technology? I think you're being deliberately boring".

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 10:42:50 UTC
    View post on BZP

"I got stabbed by a Rahkshi, but that isn't important," she replied. "But onto technology - did you know that Ta-koro has managed to use the volcano as a power source?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 10:49:51 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Pukena): "No" Pukena replied, amazed. Nobody would ever have dreamed that four months ago. "What are they using it for?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 10:52:33 UTC
    View post on BZP

"The usual things ... lamps, furnaces ... their monorail."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 11:05:39 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Pukena) "What's a monorail?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 11:07:11 UTC
    View post on BZP

"It's some sort of self-propelling vehicle that travels around Ta-koro on this rail-esque thing."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 11:24:00 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Pukena): "How big is it?" she asked in response, "And when can we get one to carry these rocks?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 11:27:09 UTC
    View post on BZP

"I didn't see much of it ... but it's of decent size. And having one in Po-wahi would definitely be useful."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 11:28:45 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Pukena): "Hmm, you should get the sentinels onto it" Pukena agreed.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 11:31:45 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Definitely," she replied. "Once we reach Po-koro of course."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 11:39:06 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Pukena): "We'll be there in about half an hour" she said.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 11:46:41 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Good," said Naona wistfully. "It'll be nice to see my colleagues and friends again."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 12:25:40 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"Should we go look for her?"

The Village's resident Ta-Toa had joined the conversation between Doughnut-person and Sailor-person.

"Because, it would probably be easy for me to go out and look for them."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 12:47:25 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Pukena): Pukena realised that the lieutanant of the sentinals wasn't going to be forcoming with any of the exciting tales she had hoped for, so she let the rest of the journey pass in silence - there would always be other interesting people to bring news.

When at last, they reached the village, Pukena set the cart down just inside the gate to be unloaded, and shook her right arm out vigorously, since it had become stiff from carrying the weight of the cart for so long.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 13:07:12 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Naona "Many thanks for the lift," said Naona, stepping off the cart and giving the other being a warm smile. "I'll try to tell you more if we meet again."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 15:20:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:"Honestly, I don't even where the Akiri even got the stupid sash design. Beyond looking nonthreatening and non-guardy, it's not very safe is it? I mean any fire toa can just make it go FWOOSH, and and you'll be in a whole lot of pain. Yo keep, get me my regular milkshake." When Ghoti was handed her milkshake she absolutely delighted and began to sip it out of the cup. "Least the name you guys are called is cool."

• Edited on 2013-05-16 15:21:06 by Shark
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 17:17:02 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Korru

"I'm sure the Akiri had an idea when designing the sash" Korru mumbled as he took another big bite out of his meal. He then grabbed the mug (which functioned as a mere cup for him) and downed the entire dose of ale in one fell swoop.

The humungous Lesterin sighed contentedly as he leaned back.

"So, what exactly is a Ga-Toa doing around these parts?" he asked.

During their meal, Korru had used the eyepiece on his Matatu to take a closer look at his companion. It wasn't X-ray vision, obviously, but it still had a fully functional zoom feature. And Korru had noticed two things: 1) there was no real muscle under that armor, which would be unusual for a Po-Toa and 2) he could make out spots of blue armor under it. However this person really was, she didn't want to be found, and had thrown together a quick disguise that could fool the untrained eye, not so much a veteran wayfinder like Korru.

OOC: I really hope I'm not overstepping my balance here.

• Edited on 2013-05-16 17:17:15 by Geardirector
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 17:55:17 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Quert):

"Thank you Ma'am." He saluted, and headed home. The sun was still bright overhead, but Quert was tired as heck. In-between being a doctor and a Sentinel, he had little time to relax. "But that's what I signed up for..." he murmured to himself.

Several minutes later, Quert entered the residential district. A few turns down a few streets, and he was home. Well, he called it home. It was a standard Matoran hut, but slightly larger to fit a Toa. He unlocked the door, went inside, locked the door, and passed out on his bed.

His only wish was that nothing would explode in the Koro. Again.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 18:15:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:"I'm almost sure that the title was given to me because the actual Sentinels/Gukko Force ambassador, for lack of a better word, spends all his time anywhere but Le-Koro."

The De-Toa commented, a hint of amusement coloring his voice. That was another part of Po-Koro that had taken getting used to; it was harder to hear people sneaking up behind you if you weren't paying attention. The sand muffled the sound. Hari's voice, on the other hand, was impossible to mistake. Especially with a De-Toa's ear.

"But in answer to your question, yes. I was thinking about going to the headquarters, see what's happening. And in answer to your even earlier question, today is going quite well.""How about you, Hari?"

IC: (Hari)

"Today's great!" Hari replied. She was a vivacious Toa, an optimist and despite all that occurred in the past three months, how the villages began to lose their unity. Even when Hewkii decided to destroy the roads leading to the Koro, and generally making travel through the desert even more difficult than it was before. She still had hope that the villages' differences could be resolved, despite all the strife that was already starting to form. She didn't necessarily agree with the Akiri's plans to turn them into the "Lost Village" but he was the leader now. Akiri Hewkii only had the peoples' best interest in mind, and as a soldier in the Po-Koro Sentinels she worked to protect those interests.

That's what Naona would do, or at least that's what Hari thought she would do. She hadn't seen the Lieutenant in over three months when she left the Fowadi before they had made it to Ga-Wahi. It stung a bit, not knowing exactly where her "true leader" was, while she greatly respected Tera, it didn't feel right being under her leadership even with all the things she had done for the Koro. Hari's mind had drifted a bit and she turned back to Krayn again.

"Well then, how about we go together?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 20:47:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:"Sounds like a plan to me." The De-Toa said, with what approximated cheerfulness for the mostly-stoic guard. "That's.... That way, right? I started to lose track after they began shuffling all the buildings and guard stations around."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 21:37:44 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Ogeka

His hands full of tablets covered with a mess of scratches, Ogeka burst from the door of Ogeka Tech and ran towards the Akiri's hut. The grin on his face was unmistakable.

Oh, he's gonna like this.

Before he could smash down Akiri Hewkii's door, however, two Sentinels stopped him.

"Oh, come on! I need to see the Akiri now! You guys can't stop me again!"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-16 21:59:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

Every morning for the past five months, before the sun peeks out from behind the eastern horizon, I've meditated, trying my hardest to keep myself from ever losing control of my desires and emotions again. Nowadays, I can proudly say that, for the most part, it seems to work -- my visiting hours with Mr. McSociopath notwithstanding -- and I no longer explode into a (not so) righteous fury whenever a nerve is struck.

To what Prei should consider the fortune of Mata Nui shining down on him, when I'm really angry, I get quiet. Disturbingly quiet. Unnervingly quiet. The casual good cheer which I once emanated vanished like a lightning strike, replaced with an iron spine and hard, unrelenting orange eyes boring deep into the Sentinel's soul. When I finally do speak, my voice is a low, harsh grind -- not unlike Stendhal's, in fact.

"I agree with the newcomer," I said, my voice not ever wavering in its inflection. "We must round up anyone with a Kakama and begin searching the Motara for the Lieutenant."

Not breaking my (metaphorical) stride, I switch my attention to the Corporal, "You should pray to Mata Nui that Naona is okay when we -- if we -- find her.

"Because if not, I will personally hunt down and incinerate every doughnut on this island."

-Void

• Tags: