BZPRPG: Po-Wahi

Po
A banner for the topic
  • Posted 2013-05-23 06:48:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Prei

Everyone seems to be popping up out of nowhere. It is getting too crowded for my liking.

I should really get going - if Tera or the others need to find me I'll be at my post.

Nobody seems to have noticed that I'm already outside and heading towards the gates.

Gate duty is relaxing.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 10:06:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: ThrongThrong went to the inn for a drink. He looked around the inn for a moment. He was relieved that he wasn't caught by the Toa back at Onu- Wahi.OOC: Throng is open for interaction.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 11:48:17 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Jesyhk

"No no, it's fine," Jesyhk replied quickly, ever so slightly scooting back from the massive Lesterin. Beside her, the Kikanalo grunted, which made her eyes grow large and a reddish tint take hold underneath her Kanohi. The Lesterin of Gravity poked the Rahi to get it to shut up, quite glad that she was one of the few that could understand it, thanks to her Mask.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 12:11:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

So, let's be honest. I'm like, half-cut-out for being a village guard. To be honest, I'm not even really considered an actual memeber of the guard. I'm just an honorary member for helping defend the village three months back. I just decided to stick around and help out.

It hasn't been the smartest decision that I've made. I'm unhappy. Then again, I'm always unhappy. I wont let anyone know I'm unhappy, because that would ruin their moods, or they just wouldn't care. But I digress, I'm getting too wrapped up in my troubles.

So, honorary village 'sentinel', spends the days doing nothing, and all of a sudden, there's someone to talk to.

Hello Prei.

"So, came here to get away from everyone too?" The Ta-Toa asked the doughnut-lover.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 12:23:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: ThrongAfter drinking, He smashed a rock with his Silver Claw. The rock shattered into peices. He did it without any reason. OOC: Throng is open for interaction

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 12:28:49 UTC
    View post on BZP

I look up from my post. It's the blue Toa. I don't really know him.

At all.

"Hello."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 12:29:20 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"So... You like doughnuts?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 12:30:54 UTC
    View post on BZP

It should have been obvious.

"Yes."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 12:47:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Korru

"Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but I just became a Sentinel, so... is that your Kikanalo or one of the Sentinels'"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 13:23:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"Anything else?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 15:34:53 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Maxiam Kilanewb):

Maxiam made his way to the Sentinel HQ. Several Sentinels stood around, some talking about giant broadswords, some about Rahi ownership. Maxiam decided to talk to the new guy, the giant Lesterin. "You, Lesterin! What's your name?" Maxiam demanded as he walked up to him.

IC(Quert):

Doing paperwork. Yay.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 15:40:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: For a lost koro, the village of Stone was somewhat easier to find than Lekua had expected. Granted, they still had to do a considerable amount of diving into empty canyons before they found the right one, but travelling by air had its advantages. Perhaps the greatest of these was the fact that, while the Po-Koronans had done their best to erase landmarks that were useful for navigation by land, they could do little to disrupt the pattern of mountains, valleys, and rivers that Cyclone used to find his way. It certainly didn't hurt, either, that they'd been here before - the bird more or less knew where he was going. Cyclone slowly wheeled around, descending into the canyon as he had so long ago. They were still a half-kio or so away from the village - the guardsmen, Lekua had heard, were incredibly paranoid about foreigners, especially armed ones flying in on military birds. A few steps in, the sand was already threatening to sear through his feet. He'd forgotten about that part. Great to be back, Po-Koro. Can't say I missed you.

• Edited on 2013-05-24 19:47:51 by Baltarc
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 16:51:40 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Korru

Korru immediately straightened himself and saluted his superior.

"Korru, sir"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 17:20:12 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Maxiam Kilanewb):

"Don't salute me! And I'm not an officer, I work for a living, ya puke!" He nearly shouted at him. Then his tone dropped down to normal. "How long have you been in the Sentinels, Korru?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 17:26:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Weird, his profile says otherwise, unless we're acting out the real-life "your first moments with a GI are supposed to go really badly" principle

IC: Korru

Korru let his hand drop.

"I started active duty today... erm, mister"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 17:34:25 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: His profile says otherwise? Wut. Lemme check that.

Whose profile are you reading? There is nothing there that says he is an officer. Unless I'm missing it. Please PM where I'm wrong.

IC(Maxiam Kilanewb)

"You will call me Sargeant, Private! You are dismissed, I will talk to you later." And with that Maxiam headed into the HQ building.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 17:41:00 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Puroruk

Sentinels.

The acrid word rolled off of the carver's consciousness unbidden, it having become almost a curse in the past three months. Three months. Three months he had watched more change overcome the village than what had transpired in three years. Yes, most was a natural progression and reaction to what had happened to the Koro of Stone, the increased recruitment of Guard forces to deal with the subpar strength from recent attacks, the installation of those newfangled radios to keep up with the technological advances that had swept across the island. But some actions were too far.

Cutting off the Koro during this time was not something that would improve their lot in life.

The Po-Matoran gave a grunt, though no one was around to hear. His boots kicked up miniature clouds of dust as he walked through the sandy Koro, his destination set in mind. He was nothing if not punctual, and thus he knew exactly how long it would take him to arrive at his destination along his current route, and he wouldn't be late. Being one of the more senior carvers in the village, and because of the recent attacks, it had fallen to him to manage the trade of the many goods Po-Koro produced. From livestock to statues, the caravans traversing the vast Wahi didn't cease to carry goods with the new reforms, and it was his job to manage it. And that meant giving reports.

Puroruk stopped outside Hewkii's hut. Akiri Hewkii, that is, and nodded to the Sentinel stationed outside or it. He was known well enough throughout the Koro, though just as much as any accomplished carver might be. "I have an appointment," He stated clearly to the Sentinel, his expression indifferent despite the heat of the suns.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 17:44:15 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Some mix-up on my part about what rank a sergeant really fills, my bad.

IC: Korru

"Understood, Sergeant"

Korru remained in silence as he watched the sergeant leave through the door.

"That could have gone better"

• Edited on 2013-05-23 17:44:29 by Geardirector
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 17:55:10 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: The Sentinel checked the list of appointments, then nodded and stepped aside.

By now Hewkii had returned to his office, and looked up from some paperwork as he saw Purouk. "Ah, hello." He said. "How can I help you?"

:w:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 18:12:28 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Puroruk

"Akiri," The Po-Matoran said, smiling slightly. Puroruk, not being one for small talk, got to the point. "I'd like to discuss a few things in terms of trade. While private sales with individual parties continues, I would like to open the possibility of making such things official trade with other Koros."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-23 18:25:20 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Hewkii nodded. "The most recent set of caravans have already begun making offers to the other Akiri." he said. "What did you have in mind?"

:w:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-24 01:47:13 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Komae

Clink. Whistle. Clink. Whistle."Reach for the stars, reach so high-"Clink. Whistle. Clink. Whistle."Reach for the stars, reach so hiigggghhh-"Clink. Whistle. Clink. Crack.The chunk of granite slid off the edge of the chisel like a metaphor that Komae was nowhere near poetic enough to make. Satisfied, he lifted the tiny carving of the Kakama to eye level and blew softly across it, watching the specks of dust and dirt fly off. Not perfect, he thought. But good enough to buy another day's lunch. Still whistling to himself, he tucked the tiny ornament along with its twin into the satchel splayed open across the table. He thumbed through the contents absently - assorted hand-crafted ornaments and accessories, two chisels, a hammer, a sandwich, and enough widgets to make a deal, break a deal, or at the very least satisfy any muggers.His hut was small and unassuming, the walls mostly bare save some spare tools, the bed little more than a stone slab and some sheets. There was no sign of decoration, no trophies, no half-finished projects or still-unread letters. For all intents and purposes, the only thing that showed that the Po-Matoran Komae lived there was Komae himself, and even then you could almost picture him as being part of the furniture - one Po-Matoran hut for sale, carver included. Komae was very proud of how thoroughly plain his room was - he had worked very hard to get it that way.Grabbing his satchel with his right hand, he slung it over a shoulder and reached for his favorite scarf - a dull sandy beige - with his left. The scarf slipped through his fingers, and he frowned and reached to pick it up from the ground. He looked at his left hand disparagingly as he wrapped the scarf around his neck. "Feeling rebellious today, eh?" The ragged old scar staring back up at him was answer enough. He sighed. "Ah well. Chin up."Outside, the sun was high in the sky, and the wind carried bits of sand into his joints. Smile set on his face, he strode off towards the town's main bazaar.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-24 02:48:52 UTC
    View post on BZP

"T-offee."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-24 03:02:15 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Ogeka

Ogeka was wrapping up a simple deal with a Po-Matoran who had asked for a more advanced chisel. I could be doing so much better than this, Ogeka thought, but at least he's giving me a few chunks of Protodermis for it. Mata Nui knows I need it.

The Matoran handed over the Protodermis, which was in a safe behind Ogeka's workbench almost as soon as it left his hand, gathering with a small group of similar chunks.

"Thank you, come again!" Ogeka called brightly.

IC: Uitad

Three month still hadn't been enough to erase the signs of a crash along the Po-Koro shoreline. Even with the constant tide, small bits of dark metal remained deep in the sand that he could barely sense with his power over crystals in the sand.

He bent down to pick one up and examine it. Yep, definitely a match.

The Broken is on the hunt.

OOC: Hey, Lloyd, has Ogeka's plans for a Trade Caravan reached Akiri Hewkii yet? If so, Ogeka would probably like to talk to him a bit.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-24 03:40:09 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Cael)

The healer nodded silently at Joske and Merror's questions. Why? She had been to Po-Koro before, many years ago, and from what she could remember, it had been a carefree, friendly place. Though at constant risk of Rahi attack, the Po-Matoran had revelled in sport and creation, always pushing themselves both physically and mentally.

Now, however, the village was quieter, and all roads in and out and been scrubbed away. The carefree smiles of the villagers had been replaced by guarded faces. Something was different. Though the Makuta was gone, there was no peace here.

So much had changed in these last months.

Cael sipped her drink, and waited for Stannis' answer.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-24 11:33:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

"What about Tea? Do you like Tea?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-24 11:43:51 UTC
    View post on BZP

Tea ...

I had never really put much thought into my likes and dislikes, but ...

I really didn't like tea.

It didn't go well with the doughnuts.

"No."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-24 11:46:50 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

Oh well. I tried.

"So... What does go well with doughnuts then?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-24 11:49:48 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: How does Auron understand Prei's inner monologuing?

IC: Prei

"Chocolate milk."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-24 11:55:14 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: ... Uh... Whoops Intiution..?

IC:

"Milk? As in, that stuff that bulls make?"

Auron made an 'ew' face at this. Milk wasn't very high up on his list of favorite things to drink.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-24 11:58:23 UTC
    View post on BZP

"It is healthy," I reply simply.

I turn back to staring out into the desert. There was something relaxing about the monotony.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-24 20:07:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: If that was a nod to the Toa Noran I played you made my day EmperorWhenua.

It was. : D

The sun was still up, but the shadows were staring to become longer. I turned once again to Stannis. "As much as I would love to spend the rest of the evening touring the Koro, I need to know: what happened here? Why such the tight security? Refusing people to enter? I don't know if it's just me but I get the distinct feeling of slight... paranoia? This is, well, strange."

"I agree," said Merror, his smile fading and that grim concern creeping back into his voice. "Makuta's gone, the Matoran are free, and this village feels more at war than ever. Why?"

His tone was not accusatory; he could see that Stannis distanced himself wherever possible from Hewkii's politics. But all the same, Stannis was about as high-profile as you could get, and he had to know something about the disturbing change that had come over Po-Koro.

Ic: "What happened here?" Stannis repeated forlornly. "People got fed up with Po-Koro being subject to constant attack during the Great War, and by people I mean Hewkii. The man has charisma but little actual imagination beyond his diagnostic ideas. He's spoken to me a few times as if trying to gauge my loyalty, but each time I just grow more wary of him. In Hewkii's worry that Po-Koro can continue to be a target of pirates and deranged Makuta worshippers he has tried to make it, the village, untraceable. He likes to call it the 'Lost Koro.'" Stannis snorted. "If he keeps using this strategy it will be a lost city indeed."

He poured another serving for himself and felt the cup gingerly as if it were a new discovery. "I don't doubt Hewkii means well but I disagree heartily with his methods. He probes me for information, about the Makuta, the Dark Walks, the Vault. He's asked me about my mask's power which I am hesitant to speak of. I don't understand why Hewkii can seclude his village like this while also pioneering new strategies for the koros to work together. This disconnect of his character leads me to not place my trust in him, but as a Toa Maru I... I refuse to involve myself in the politics of the akiri. I'm a servant of all the matoran, not a soldier to a single matoran. I will play no part in Hewkii's little games, whatever they may be. And I plan to hold a summit of the other Maru to discuss things, among them our impartiality."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-24 20:41:40 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Merror)

Merror nodded slowly, rubbing the chin of his mask in thought. He was beginning to think quite highly of Stannis; the famed Toa seemed to share many of his ideals and principles. At least if the village leaders fell into petty squabbles, the Toa Maru, it seemed, would be a steady rock in times of change. Mata Nui knew, they were needed.

"I'm glad you think that way, Stannis," Merror confided. "And I'm glad that you and your brothers and sister are the ones the people will now look up to. But the Akiri are the leaders, and if Hewkii's behaviour is as at odds with his apparent intentions as you say..."

He sighed.

"The Akiri must all be capable Matoran, or the people would not have elected them. Jaller and Kongu I know well - they are great warriors and great men, and I would trust them with my life. I do know much of Hahli, nor of Matoro; though I've met him, it was only as a translator for Nuju. I know Nuparu by his reputation as a genius."

He took a draught of water, wetting his throat. The arid air made speaking dry the mouth quicker than usual.

"But I've been out of touch with civilisation since before Makuta's defeat. So have Joske and Cael. Tell us, Stannis, because you've had the chance to observe them - what do you think of the six Akiri?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-24 21:35:39 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Maxiam Kilanewb):

With a few tugs of a cloth, Maxiam finished shining his boots to a near-glass shine. Years of being in the Guard, or Sentinels, made him slightly OCD about his uniform.

He put his boots back on, bloused his pant legs, and headed back out on patrol. It was a nice day to go yell at someone.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-25 02:59:29 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Komae

The carver hummed to himself as he strode down the dusty street. My, things certainly seem livelier than usual around here today. Have we got visitors?

Up ahead, he caught sight of a tall, well-built Po-Toa in a strangely-patterned camouflage uniform. No accounting for taste, even if they're a Toa. An easy smile on his face, he approached the Sentinel. "Pardon me, Toa - sorry, what was it? I'm sure I've seen you around, but I can't seem to place the name."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-25 03:05:31 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ic: "Honestly," Stannis said, "they are like petty warlords and are shades of their turaga predecessors." His tone was solid, accusing. He was not sad with his opinion though his stoic eyes drooped a little as he regretted the truth in his words. "The matoran did what they did and selected the most worthy among them. The akiri as a whole are good leaders and I do not doubt they have the best interests of their towns at heart, I fear they have forsaken the Virtues in favour of fixing what they perceived as a broken society. I don't play politics but I know there is a game afoot, and there will be no true victors. I am reminded that though smart people, the akiri are still Matoran and are fallible like any other. The turaga, however, were wise and good; these akiri can only aspire for such lofty accomplishment.

"I hope they will remain faithful as they wrestle with the power of their positions."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-25 03:31:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC

[House of Toa Noran/Toa Stannis, Po-Koro - afternoon]

"And this is why, lady and gentlemen, I for the longest of time devoted my life to whacking a stone ball with a wooden stick."

My re-emergence into the conversation was as sudden as it was forceful as I stood, raising my glass of cactus juice high in a mock toast as a gave a pseudo-respectful nod to each member of the table, my face exasperatingly blank.

"I hate politics."

With a deep breath I forced my head back and swallowed all the contents of the cup in one gulp, slamming it down on the table decidedly. I gave a forced smile before turning to Stannis.

"Not to cut this delightful discussion short, but I can already see that this will be a continuing topic as long as we're here, and probably a bit heated as well if the right conversationalists turn up. As much as I would like to know and in fact need to know this, we did just spend a full and frustrating day traveling, not to mention the culture shock of this place after spending so long in seclusion. If history repeats itself it will be even a longer day tomorrow as we try to locate and obtain the charms... and I have no doubt acquiring them will be made even more difficult with the current atmosphere in the Koro, though the fame we together can levy might help in that regard. In any case I am rather tired, and if I'm not mistaken-"

I turned and, lo and behold, the sun as indeed setting in the distance. "-it's almost my bedtime. Stannis, would your loaned quarters have enough rooms and bedding for the three of us? Granted, two of us share quarters now, but I'd hate to over-impose."

Alright, yes, I was being far more polite and upper-class than I needed to be, but politics was a subject I ALWAYS steered clear from. I didn't mind it in small doses, and I'm sure I could handle more of this in the morning, but I was beat.

I just hoped my dry sense of humor wasn't too grating on Stannis. Apparently I had already missed with him with one already today.

• Edited on 2013-05-25 03:32:43 by Friar Tuck
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-25 03:44:30 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ic: "I didn't know you and Merror were a couple now," Stannis said without emotion as he got up and gathered the empty cups to put them away. "Either way, there's a spare room up the ladder -- second door on the right. The loner will have to take the couch over there," he said and pointed at the wooden furniture with a blanket of wool on it; it looked to be the most comfortable thing in the house. He turned back and looked at Joske. "Make yourselves comfortable. I'll be in my own room -- I feel I must write a document to present the other Maru later when we assemble."

• Edited on 2013-05-25 03:46:37 by EmperorWhenua
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-25 04:30:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: :D

IC

[House of Toa Noran/Toa Stannis, Po-Koro - evening]

My eyes were wide in surprise even as a sadistic grin spread across my face, the back of my hand raised in a warning. I snorted a sneer as I gave Stannis the eyeball, feeling ever-so-slighted.

"Ten on the presentation and deadpan, two on the tact you heartless slab of granite. Low blow, low blow. I'll call us even due to my earlier lack of tact - to which I WILL plead ignorance in regards to your predicament, mind you - but the next slander shall receive my full wrath. I hope you find rocks in your pillow and boulders in your dreams. Come love, we need not stand for this nonsense! To our quarters!"

Even as I grinned madly I turned in a snobbish huff, giving Cael an over-emphasized hand motion up the ladder as I grabbed our small assortment of bags, though it all managing a wink to Merror. If there was one thing I could do was play the dramatic, over-ego'd sports star, with a dash of diva thrown in; after all, it had been second nature to me for the longest time. Besides, from what little I knew of Stannis he was the very stoic, reserved type, so for him to banter and engage with me here only meant good things. I stifled a yawn.

I'll get him in the morning...

I sighed slightly. "Thanks again for the hospitality, Brother. I'm sure we'll have plenty of time tomorrow and such to discuss serious matters, but for now... oh never mind. Night."

With that Cael and myself clamored up the ladder, preparing to make it our temporary home for the next few days.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-25 20:42:36 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Merror)

Merror snorted at Stannis' deadpan snark. The veteran Toa of Fire didn't make any remarks of his own - he still wasn't far enough out of his brooding over the Akiri - but nonetheless enjoyed the humour. Laughter was one of the sparks of light made the darkness more bearable.

He smiled, returning Joske's wink as he walked over to the wooden couch.

"Goodnight, everyone," he said. "And sleep well."

He lay down on the couch, the curves of the Le-Matoran carpentry supporting his neck and back with surprising comfort. He left the woollen blanket where it was; even by night, Po-Koro was more than warm enough. Closing his eyes, Merror began to clear his mind almost as though he were meditating. All his apprehension about the day's events and revelations diffused away, replaced by a calmness, like cool water, that soothed his mind and washed the remaining cares away. He had taught himself this technique during his seclusion, in keeping with his promise to Skyra that he would allow himself to rest properly, and it worked wonders for getting a good night's sleep. Before long, with his thoughts wiped clean of any stress, he began to drift off into slumber.

He was at peace.

• Tags: