BZPRPG: Onu-Wahi

Onu
A banner for the topic
  • Posted 2013-08-19 01:12:48 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Sorry for the wait.

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer/Darkmine/Onu-Wahi)

"Now, to begin, we will make incisions, to give Ak'rei'an his blood," Larikon said. "I shall slice the throat, Jorruk will slice the wrists, and Rakona shall slice the ankles. Once she has bled for three seconds, you, Ira, shall cut out her heart. I shall give further instructions at that said time."

OOC: Kali Ma! Kali Ma! KALI MA!

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-19 12:52:00 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: "Good to meet you too." Xodar gave the new face a smile and returned the fist bump. "Thanks for agreeing to train me." he added hastily.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-19 15:26:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Rakona/Goran

The Lesterin raised her knife, and brought it down above Krii's ankles, waiting for the cue to slice her.

• Edited on 2013-08-19 18:31:40 by Canis Lupus
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-19 22:26:22 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Okajo

The matoran was almost stunned speechless by the Toa's skill with the sword, and how the Toa was able to sharpen the blade with his mind. Then again, the Toa was a Toa of Iron, so it was to be expected.

"Nice to meet you Divan."

IC: "Good to meet you too." Xodar gave the new face a smile and returned the fist bump. "Thanks for agreeing to train me." he added hastily.

IC:"Some help around here could be handy when Axana is gone, so glad to have you." Divan answered. Addressing Xodor, he added, "Takamaz will start your training, not myself, since I have to assess Okajo. Okajo, come with me to the forge room." He gestured to another area with an anvil in the center.

Takamaz gestured to Xodor, "This way to the basement. That where I'd do any training."

• Edited on 2013-08-19 22:26:31 by Tabby: Toa of Cats
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-19 22:31:19 UTC
    View post on BZP

The matoran nodded, and went into the forge room.

I wonder how he will test me...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-20 01:12:52 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: An Onu-Toa, unique only in how normal he was and the embellished spear on his back, leaned against the wall of a store and took a long drag on his cigarette.Onu-Koro. Funny how much less at home he felt here than anywhere else on this godforsaken island.Seren had more hope when the Makuta was around, silly as it was. Back in those days, you only had to defend them from a near omnipotent deity. Not a thousand of their own kind.His arm relaxed, cigarette falling to his side, ash dropping from the glowing tip. The movements of his otherwise ordinary looking body were tightly wound but graceful, like he was ready to be attacked at any second but still parry it perfectly.OOC: Seren Rihanku, open for interaction.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-20 01:15:19 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: NPC Skakdi of fire with heat-vision and a snoopy nose

I had tracked the little fly down a viper hole. She wan’t hard to miss with all the singing and dancing around while training in the darkness. Of course, when she got her lights knocked out by a fat man on an ussal with a zombie I began to reconsider if she was worth looting. In the end I decided she wasn’t worth my time as mugging practice.

But hey, zombies are cool.

So, I snooped my way like a good dog down the tunnels after the huffing fat man, his groaning ussal, and the lumbering undead minion. I liked the undead minion. He stayed quiet and followed whatever the fat man said without hesitation.

I wanted an undead minion like that.

Creeping into the eery cavern I had seen them last enter I found myself surrounded by a secret village. There wasn’t much going on, besides the occasional undead minion walking around like they were practicing choreo for some dance routine.

I liked dance routines. In fact, with my red blazer and silver striped pants you’d think i was more of a performer than a grave robbing looter. Oh well, us grave robbing looters get tired of wearing black cowls and carrying saperkas. Don’t believe me? Bite me. I’ll sick my undead minion on ya’ once I’m done leaning on the fourth wall and I get back to getting one.

With a bunch of corded muscles, I sprung from hiding and dashed in the direction of the screaming that had started up after a congregation (I’m an educated man, doncha forget it), of these purple and black and wacky characters decided to drag my earlier prize into a stone and dirt building by her chin. Stealing to the doorframe, I peeked inside to see them, well, I stopped watching after a couple seconds. If that was what it cost to make a zombie... Man, I’m outa’ this joint. So, without further ago I go strolling along the courtyard, only to step on a rake.

Yeah, a rake.

Remind me why someone needs a rake in an unground cavern.

This rake goes flying, smacks me in the face, and I let out a magnificent roar and then keel over like I’d been hit by some all-powerful force. I guess that’s what happens when an all powerful stud steps on a rake: his all powerful-ness hits him back.

I shoulda’ stuck with being a banker.

IC: Krii

Sweat dripped to the floor, rolling off the stone alter to splash in red pools emerging from Krii’s ankles. Her struggle was futile, the predators of the dark ripping away the light she could have followed through the mold-coated kanohi of undeath. There were no slits for her eyes, Krii’s vision filled by strange symbols carved on the inside by an ancient race. The air breathed through the gridlocked mouth cover was stale, tasting of rotting flesh and gnawed bone. It bit into her mouth, plunging toward her throat unlike any other kanohi, making words nearly impossible and holding her jaw open to expel her last breaths.

The strength of those holding her in place opened cuts on her back from struggling against the sharp edges of the stone alter. The cold, calculated intent of religious fervor was an infectious plague, moving from Larikon’s voice into the others, compelling actions without remorse. She could no longer feel her ankles: the nerves had been severed.

Krii realized for the first time that death did not come easy. There was pain. There was suffering. There was the unholy beckoning of a weary acceptance she could not surrender to. Krii sucked another freakish breath and braced for the Armageddon with tears blocked by the kanohi she feared beyond anything.

“I...” she attempted to speak amidst the tears, then with a jolt of electricity riddling her system the toa of iron remembered everything. Krii’s life story played in the dying breathes, like a jaunted mechanism built as a toy by an Onu-koran engineer. She saw the room where the soft lapping of waves could be felt beneath a springy floor, cool water waiting in the pool to dive into. She saw the face that had refused to return until the final moment, the maternal warmth ripped clean off its shoulders by the attack. She saw the bugs, their insect eyes glittering like obsidian daggers in the darkness of the hive. She felt the pull across her shoulder as the lightning invaded her body through hook and chain. The black kanohi miru laughed, its sick humor lingering as she seized on the cold stone alter. She was present in every moment, yet vanishing into a world without return. The void scared her.

Fear brought her to the light.

“AK’REI’AN!!!”

• Edited on 2013-08-20 01:23:01 by Kughii
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-20 02:13:12 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: The chapel is open air, just so you know. And the Darkmine wiki page is going up soon, to clarify this.

They had broken her. They had BROKEN her. This heathen, small and resistant to a frustrating degree, had seen the light of the Archangel, under the glow of the holy lightstone. In the moments after she had screamed his holiness's name, a joyous realization came upon Larikon. If she, one of the most stubborn heathens he encountered, had been made to see the light, he and his Brotherhood could make anyone see it.

"Stop! Stop! She has seen the glories and light of the Archangel! Release her from her bonds, and let her be dubbed under the Purple Lightstone!"

So proudly he gazed at his new soldier, his new crusader, his new zealot.

IC: (Jorruk Yokin/Darkmine/Onu-Wahi)

While Larikon gazed upon Krii with a mad grin upon his face, Jorruk was quite disappointed. Participating in the binding ritual was one of his favorite perks of being a Priest. Frowning, he was moving to put away his dagger, before he heard a dull thump from behind him.

Turning quietly away from the still-in-shock group, he went on over to investigate. It was a Skakdi, dressed in ridiculous clothes, next to a rake, unconscious. The moron had knocked himself out with a gardening instrument. He guessed the thing fell off one of the raided caravans they'd dragged in. The rake aside, Jorruk realized that the Brotherhood had a new sacrifice.

And Ira would live happily ever after with a flamboyant zombie minion. Great.

"Lady Rakona, Sir Ira, come here please!"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-20 03:10:39 UTC
    View post on BZP

The matoran nodded, and went into the forge room.

I wonder how he will test me...

IC:Divan gestured to the anvil. "I leave your assessment open-ended. Make what metal things you please, so long as you show your greatest skills. I will make any kind of metal you require, short of protosteel." With that, Divan created and handed Okajo a hammer.

OOC:I suggest you do this part in one mildly long post. Just try for a few paragraphs. Feel free to bunny Divan for metal materials.

• Edited on 2013-08-20 17:52:19 by Tabby: Toa of Cats
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-20 09:36:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: An Onu-Toa, unique only in how normal he was and the embellished spear on his back, leaned against the wall of a store and took a long drag on his cigarette.Onu-Koro. Funny how much less at home he felt here than anywhere else on this godforsaken island.Seren had more hope when the Makuta was around, silly as it was. Back in those days, you only had to defend them from a near omnipotent deity. Not a thousand of their own kind.His arm relaxed, cigarette falling to his side, ash dropping from the glowing tip. The movements of his otherwise ordinary looking body were tightly wound but graceful, like he was ready to be attacked at any second but still parry it perfectly.OOC: Seren Rihanku, open for interaction.

OOC: Mind if I take the offer?

IC Kavala

(Onu-Koro, outside a store):

Kavala was intrigued to see another Toa of Earth lean on a wall, looking relaxed, but alert at the same time. In the Toa Kavala saw a potential ally, one with the benefit of being of the same element as Kavala. Kavala knew what earth could do, and that power doubled would achieve big things. And big things were what he was after.

"Greetings, brother", Kavala said to Seren, walking over to him. "It is a pleasure to see one of your own kind again. I am guessing you are an Onu-Toa and not one of gravity, correct?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-20 11:18:39 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Xodar nodded and followed his new trainer to the basement. To him, it made sense that they did all their training in the basement. It was out of the way of any settlements, so they didn't cause any damage and make Matoran angry at them. He just hoped the basement had enough space to fit two fighting Toa.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-20 11:38:35 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Don't mind at all.IC: Seren looked at Kavala out of the corner of his eye, then turned his entire head to face him. "Greetings. You're right, I control the earth we stand on."He shrugged. "What can I do for you?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-20 11:50:24 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Kavala

(Onu-Koro, outside a store):

Kavala was silent for a moment before replying.

"There is much anyone here can do for another. I'm afraid things are about to get ugly. I am trying to spread a word of warning but few are listening to me."

Kavala took a step closer to Seren.

"Tell me, what did you think when the Makuta was... defeated?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-20 14:42:04 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Ira"......""That was the most cliched scene I've ever seen of somebody getting knocked out." Ira couldn't believe it. He thought those kinds of things only happened in books. "I mean, of all the places to put a rake..." The toa of fire walked over to the unconscious skakdi and knelt down beside him, examining him. "Appears to be of the fire element, wering a most ridiculous outfit... I don't know whether I should be facepalming or rolling on the floor laughing."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-20 17:55:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: (Jorruk Yokin/Darkmine/Onu-Wahi)

"You should be celebrating," Jorruk said. "This sideshow attraction will make you a fine zombie."

He flipped the being over, and placed the rake carefully to the side.

"Now, help me take him to the alter."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-20 18:06:01 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Xodar nodded and followed his new trainer to the basement. To him, it made sense that they did all their training in the basement. It was out of the way of any settlements, so they didn't cause any damage and make Matoran angry at them. He just hoped the basement had enough space to fit two fighting Toa.

IC: Takamaz led the way down a staircase, previously hidden by a trapdoor in the floor. It emerged into a large room, longer than it was wide. A total of of eight bunk beds-presumably intended for guests as well as the owners- lined the edges, built into niches in the walls. Each was made of metal. Most had mattresses, with a few exceptions on the right side of the room.

Takamaz gestured for Xodor to take a seat on one of the beds, one of those on the right that had a mattress,before he sat on a mattress-free bunk opposite. "You've already said that you're a musician, and a Toa of Earth. But do you know your mask power, or have you ever used it?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-20 20:09:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC:

Between Melna's burbling impatience to get going on this great adventure of ours and Day looking about as comfortable in Onu-Koro as Makuta would in the church of the Great Spirit, I figured that I couldn't try and put this quest off any longer. It was time to put the needs of my friends above my own fear! It was time to buck up, bite the bullet and head out on into the world to face the danger and wonder it held! It was time to rip off this bandage of cowardice to reveal the scabbed-over wound of... exploration... and... bravery... umm... yeah.

That came out wrong, didn't it?

Let's just ignore that last part and OH LOOK OVER THERE AT THAT CUTE KITTEN IT'S SO ADORBS!

Annnnnnd pan back to reality in three... two... one...

"Well, if you guys are set to go," I said, adjusting the straps of my sack, "I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

-Void

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-20 20:34:17 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: "Not really." Xodar took a seat on the mattress. "I mean, I know I could use mask powers. I just haven't figured out what mine is." The mattress was pretty comfy. He could almost go right to sleep on...no, he needed to focus. He was a Toa now. He needed this training pretty badly.

"Out of curiosity, what's yours? Your mask power, I mean?" he asked.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-20 21:15:20 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Here goes... nothing?

IC: Okajo

The matoran nodded, and tested the hammer. It was heavy, but not too heavy. Perfect for hammering out whatever he needed to hammer out. Okajo asked Divan for a sheet of easily malleable metal, and the Toa obliged. Okajo hammered the metal until it was thin enough to rip with his bare hands-he was determined to do this without heating the metal up- and tore off a section. He hammered the edges to make it less rough, and asked Divan for a sharpener. The Toa created one, and Okajo sharped the simple knifeblade until it was reasonably sharp. It probably could do some damage despite being how easily the metal could bend. He grabbed some leather, and wrapped it around the unsharpened base to create a simple dagger. It wasn't the prettiest, nor the strongest, but it certainly worked. "Is this good enough?" Okajo asked.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-20 23:55:47 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Here goes something.

IC: Onepu - Flashback to last year

The Ussalry's captain's fingers tightened on shaft of his dolabra. "Sons of Makuta?" he repeated.

The emissary nodded, looking as if he was about to bolt to his hut and hide.

"How many?"

"Too many to count. Sir! The tunnels block our view, but... we estimate them to be at least... several hundred."

"Just standing there," the captain repeated again. His clenched fist shook. He mustn't abandon courage, or else how could the men and women under him keep theirs?

But Onepu wasn't afraid. It wasn't in him to be. No, his fist trembled, but with rage. Makuta's own sons at his village's doorstep. "Ruwe," he called to his Ussal. The crab scuttled to him silently, eyestalks as rigid as his own stance.

"Sir?" asked the Matoran before him.

"I'm going to the village square. Go there as quickly as you can." The Matoran bowed as his captain mounted the crab and sprinted off.

The clatter of the crab's legs on the hard dirt of Onu-koro's streets were little more than a whisper in the captain's ear as the motionless air whipped by. The image of Taipu's disembodied foot filled his vision. The sound of Whenua's final scream as he was consumed by flame permeated his hearing. The smell of the blood of two dozen council members painting the hall filled his nostrils. Makuta's foul hand.

His jaw clenched, eyes burning green. He pictured Whenua standing atop a pedestal, speaking to the Matoran, reassuring them with words of courage and wisdom. But he was gone now. His space left empty, and Onepu now left to fill it.

Before addressing the people, Onepu swung around to peer into the darkness that hid the enemy. A chill ran down his spine as hundreds upon hundreds of glowing eyes stared coldly ahead, more rigid than the best of soldiers. But no sooner had fear entered his thoughts than it became anger. Fear was of no use, and he refused to give these monsters the satisfaction of seeing any in him. With a burning green glare, the Ussal captain returned to the village.

"Denizens of Onu-Koro!" he bellowed as soon as Ruwe entered the square, his prodigious voice echoing loud and clear. There was absolutely no time to waste. "A darker day than ever before has fallen on our village. Makuta's very own spawn waits just at our doorstep!" He stood as his Ussal came to a stop in the center. "But do not fear! Onu-Koro is the most easily defended Koro on the island!" He wasn't totally sure about that fact, but they didn't need to know that. "I will be brief, we do not have much time! Do not fear the sons of the Makuta. Remember our protector Onua, killed so long ago! Remember our friend Taipu and his gruesome murder! Remember our beloved Turaga, and his scream of pain as he was burned alive!" Their masks, their smiles, were forever burned into his memory. "Remember our wise council, as it was found with the blood of its members painting the walls! The Makuta has stolen our leaders, but not our hearts! We have every right to be furious! We have every right to return the favor, and that's what we will do!"

He turned to face the Great Mines without waiting for a cry of approval. A throng of miners crowded in that area. "Miners! Stand by the tunnel entrances to the Koro in numbers large enough to destroy them! Should the enemy try to sneak around, bury them! Meanwhile, a party must dig a tunnel from the Great Mines to the surface to evacuate civilians, should the situation become dire!"

He turned to the Ussalry in the crowd. "Guards and soldiers, stand by the tunnel closest to the enemy, all weapons at the ready! Should they move, attack with intent to kill! Protect the tunnel-collapsers first! They are the last line of defense! Position the fastest Ussal with the demolition crews to alert me, should a cave-in be necessary!

"Next, engineers! Nuparu and the rest, distribute any equipment you have to where it would be of most use! Diggers to the mines, weapons to the gates, explosives to the tunnels! Anyone not able to help in any way, make your way to the Great Mine and wait for a warning before attempting to evacuate!"

He stood as tall as his small stature would allow and held up his hand, dolabra clutched like a staff, as Turaga Whenua had done so many times before. The village was leaderless. He was all they had. Would he make Whenua proud? Or would he spell the doom of the village? "Onu-Koro will not die today!" he cried. "Everyone, to your posts, now!"

The village dissolved into chaos as the last word left his lips. Ordered chaos. The chaos of fearful and angry brothers and sisters uniting for a common cause. Not everybody was present for his announcement, as not everybody had come to the center. He called to a group of random passersby. "Spread my orders through the village. Fan out and cover as much ground as you can, we need every able hand!"

"Yes sir!" some cried as they rushed off.

The captain's heart was racing. He could almost imagine he was hearing the hisses of the creatures in the tunnels through the chaotic din. He leaped from Ruwe and quickly set up an overturned table and leaned his weapon against it. He grabbed an Ussalmatoran and barked an order to bring him maps of Onu-Wahi's tunnels, writing utensils, and lightstones. With a salute, the Matoran took off like a rocket.

Onepu drummed his fingers on the desk and closed his eyes. "Turaga, I promise you, I will not let our village fail today. Taipu, your sacrifice won't have been for nothing. Onua... I wish you were here. I swear on your memory that Onu-Koro will not fall today. Mata Nui protect us. Keep us united, prolong our destinies, so that we may endure and prosper." He only realized he'd been praying when he opened his eyes.

The Ussalmatoran had returned and placed the requested items on the table.

"Thank you, Damek. Stay here, I may have need of you." He immediately sorted through the maps and found the most relevant ones. He circled possible new entry ways the monsters could create and jotted down notes here and there. He handed the map to Damek when he was done. "Find any surplus Ussalry and miners to guard the indicated locations. If you encounter any engineers, inform them that you may be needing explosives."

Sweating, the Ussalmatoran nodded and ran off.

It felt wrong, sitting here, far from trouble. But that was the job of a village leader, even if he didn't like it one bit. When all of this was done, they were either electing a new council, or Nuparu would take over. Onepu needed himself to be where he could flex his throwing arm, put his back into a Rahi-cleaving swing. But Onu-Koro didn't. Not now.

Silence slowly fell as everybody got to their posts. Whispers echoed through the caves as its inhabitants communicated in soft voices. The faint sound of drilling could be heard in the Great Mines.

It felt like the caves themselves were holding their breaths. The still cave air seemed even more still than it ever had before. The fate of Onu-Koro hung in the balance.

His mind wandered, guided by the anger that boiled in him. His best friend reduced to a frozen foot, his father reduced to ashes, his hero missing for a century. And now the orchestrator of their deaths stood his sons at the village's gates, to take all that he had left. All that Onu-Koro had left. Itself.

The thought brought no fear with it. Only righteous, burning fury. Fear weakened the spirit. Anger strengthened the arm. Onepu had a right to hate. The entire village did. Their leaders were all dead, murdered by Makuta's assassins. The Great Mines were flooded, many other citizens murdered too. Yes, Onu-Koro had a right to be enraged.

And then, after several minutes of deafening silence, chaos happened.

A Matoran collapsed in front of him as the sound of battle began. "Rahkshi..." panted the Matoran, "Fighting... each other."

Without waiting, Onepu vaulted onto Ruwe's back and galloped to the highway entrance. He wouldn't have believed it if he hadn't seen it with his own eyes. Toa, Skakdi, Matoran and Vortixx stood watching safely as the Makuta's sons tore at each other. "What." was all he managed to say.

A foot flew from the brawl and rolled to a stop just before the onlookers. Onepu allowed himself a grim smile.

Everyone watched, enthralled, until at last, the survivors pulled themselves from the wreckage of their brothers and vanished into the darkness. Silence reigned. A couple of relieved souls broke off from the onlookers who still looked ahead, unable to accept what they had just seen, Onepu not the least among those. Soon, less than half of the original group stood there.

Had this been an empty threat? An attempt at intimidation? A distraction? Or had something caused this? Had Mata Nui intervened? Onepu had to admit a pang of disappointment that his moment had gone to waste, but it was overcome by the hope that nobody needed to die that day.

Then Ruwe tensed, and so did Onepu. Footsteps. Someone or something was coming through the tunnel. But try as he might, the Onu-Matoran couldn't see more than a foot into it. As more heard it, more raised their weapons.

And then a Toa stepped into view. It was no Toa Onepu had ever seen, immense and bulky. And pitch black. Yet there was something about him- it was definitely a him- that seemed familiar.

"It's over. Makuta is dead."

That voice. The saperka replacing his hand. At once, Onepu knew who it was. And he knew the truth of those words. It would be a poor trick of Makuta’s to send Sulov Koskium, of all people, to send the message. To become a Toa and save the island. A smile broke over the veteran’s tired mask as he urged Ruwe forward.

At last. After a century, it was over. Taipu's death had not been for nothing, and that gave Onepu more peace than Makuta's death itself ever could. He supposed forgiveness was in order.

"Sulov,” he said strictly, before offering him a kind look. “Welcome back… Welcome home.”

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-21 00:13:27 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Day

I've been set to go since Onu-Koro was even mentioned, now more than ever. Being confined here's only done one thing and one thing only for me and that's turning me into a ticking time bomb of pure paranoia, the cacophony of people and machinery edging the timer closer to the trigger of a mental breakdown.

Melna's uninterrupted spree of her typical jovial behaviour suggests she's completely oblivious to my state of mind or quite frankly, she just doesn't care and keeps a lid on it. I can't tell. Lux on the other hand, is no fool; I chase away his wandering eyes with a lethargic gaze of my own, depraving the puzzled Matoran from analysing my rigid expression though his questions give away his curiosity. I can see the gears turning in his tiny little head, processing every single detail he can scrape without spilling any of his own.

Only now do I notice that just as I am an enigma to him, he is an enigma to me. Only element separating the two of us is that he cares enough to dig deep for answers. I don't.

Whatever the case, Lux understands that the healthiest (for my sake at least) choice of action here is to forsake his fear of adventure and get rolling.

"Lets go." I say plainly as I set off in direction of the tunnels.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-21 16:13:31 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Leli

"Dust off your caps and shine your boots, we've got a very special mission ahead," The green-armored Matoran said cheerfully to the two, rocking back and forth on her heels as she spoke.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-21 22:33:40 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Here goes... nothing?

The matoran nodded, and tested the hammer. It was heavy, but not too heavy. Perfect for hammering out whatever he needed to hammer out. Okajo asked Divan for a sheet of easily malleable metal, and the Toa obliged. Okajo hammered the metal until it was thin enough to rip with his bare hands-he was determined to do this without heating the metal up- and tore off a section. He hammered the edges to make it less rough, and asked Divan for a sharpener. The Toa created one, and Okajo sharped the simple knifeblade until it was reasonably sharp. It probably could do some damage despite being how easily the metal could bend. He grabbed some leather, and wrapped it around the unsharpened base to create a simple dagger. It wasn't the prettiest, nor the strongest, but it certainly worked. "Is this good enough?" Okajo asked.

OOC:Whoops, double quote.

OOC: Here goes... nothing?

IC: "Not really." Xodar took a seat on the mattress. "I mean, I know I could use mask powers. I just haven't figured out what mine is." The mattress was pretty comfy. He could almost go right to sleep on...no, he needed to focus. He was a Toa now. He needed this training pretty badly.

"Out of curiosity, what's yours? Your mask power, I mean?" he asked.

IC:"Akaku. Handy for engineering. Replaced a broken Mask of Biomechanics.As for yours, I think I know, but Divan is the one to teach you, or Miraul, when he returns." Takamaz answered. "I think we will focus on two or three things today: The Virtues, the Code, and elemental control."

OOC:Adding Divan segment, as promised

IC:Divan took the dagger, carefully examining it. A second later he moved at superspeed, slicing through the air as the blade flopped and wiggled. As it did so, it made a noise, somewhere between a whistle and a wobble. "I've seen blades that look like this before, for training. They make such a noise to tell if they've been swung fast enough. It might be useful for Xodor to practice, but not for sale. Can I see you craft a more traditional blade?"

• Edited on 2013-08-22 03:02:31 by Tabby: Toa of Cats
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-22 22:53:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: "Akaku, huh?" Xodar nodded. "I imagine that would be handy in this kind of work."

"So, the three Virtues, the Toa Code and elemental control." he repeated, ready to learn. "That's a lot of things for a Toa to know, I guess."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-23 03:25:06 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: "Akaku, huh?" Xodar nodded. "I imagine that would be handy in this kind of work."

"So, the three Virtues, the Toa Code and elemental control." he repeated, ready to learn. "That's a lot of things for a Toa to know, I guess."

IC: "Understanding of the Virtues is given mostly by experience, but I will give you what wisdom I can. I think that, for the moment, let's focus on Unity. Unity is important to Toa for chiefly one reason-we can do more together, watching out for each other, than apart. If you work with other Toa, you have people to watch your back, to build you up when you're down, to depend on. There are a lot of benefits to Unity, and I can't possibly list them all. But maintaining Unity isn't always easy. Every Toa has responsibility in Unity. Unless every piece plays it's part, then the whole will Shatter."

Takamaz paused, and then continued. "Within a team, creating Unity requires that you spend time together, to bond. Support each other both in the times of peace, and the times of war and adversity. The another part of creating Unity is to manage conflict. Sometimes people don't get along. To put it in musical terms for you, one of the keys to it is creating harmony-not a principle used by Le-Koro, I suppose-that's where you studied music, isn't it? But they do have another important one-Faith. Trust in your comrades will see you through many a day. Our enemies have tried to break our trust of one another-amongst the Akiru, that is. Perhaps this was Makuta's back-up plan as well, with the Vault and it's riddle. Unity is the foundation of the other Virtues, and if it is broken, the others fall apart. Guard Unity, and hold it near and dear to your heartlight."

"I know that there is one other principle that plays a part, though I don't understand it's workings in Unity as fully. Purity. The best advice I can give-don't be Poisioned by the lies of your enemies. That can break a team apart."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-23 18:04:28 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: FINALLY! The prologue is halfway completed. WOOT. The two years have paid off. Thanks Mr. House!

IC: Kriigata

Broken will? Pray.

Broken faith? Call a priest.

Broken body? Congratulations, the priest did their job.

When I was a little girl, I thought the world was ten paces across and entirely green. The entire ocean existed only as a small circle big enough to stick my feet in. There was the bed: a mountain traversed in a single leap. There was the sun: a little window where wind whistled through like my failed attempts at the recorder. My world was a room, but when you never see anything else, how could it seem small? I remember everything clearly as my lungs burn from the dank and stale air from the real world. Here, the truth is painful: life is suffering. Ak’rei’an reminds us of this truth, burns and cuts and drowns our bodies until we realize the truth. It takes the mind a long time to understand, while the body can perceive even as the poker heats in the brazier.

Life is suffering, and Mata-Nui made it so. His blanket of falsehood was temporarily pulled away by the reign of darkness under The Makuta, but that too was nothing like the truth. Not everyone understood the truth: Ak’rei’an makes it so easy. Sucogu believed in the lies of a false deity, and failed to grasp the realization of his suffering. My half brother Hau, my memories clear after so long, attacked his own sister without knowledge of the truth. Sweet sickness and bickering only pleases the true God. I am the worst kind of paragon: an anarchist with knowledge and devotion. In the moment of death, I learned everything about myself and about the world. The light at the end of the tunnel does not exist: the darkness continues forever. It is the nothing that is something. That nothing is reality.

We are nothing, and yet still something. Ak’rei’an offers the gift of immortality, but our bodies are too frail to understand. Without the body, we cannot preach his name. The paradox is ironic, and I laugh cruelly at my own misfortunes.

The toa before me know this. They are the priests who carved this lesson with fire and blood into my body, tore out what was unnecessary and left me raw to the revelation of all life. On all fours, I am nothing but a slave to the truth; I cannot stand from the pain in my legs. Or can I?

“Lord Larikon,” I said, speaking calmly in the tongue of skakdi. I know his name, even if he does not know mine. The Book Of Life told of his rise to Grand Master of the Order. I repeat. “Lord Larikon.

“Make me your servant, so that I may better serve Ak’rei’an, I have no more need of this kanohi, and so I offer it as sacrifice, my first duty in your service.”

As I spoke, my hands pulled the mask from my face, leaving my without the strength to continue. I fell, the gravel digging into my exposed cheek. Fresh blood rolled across my eye as I dragged myself up like a puppet into a sitting posture, my ankles caked red with dried life. Determination was the fuel that propelled my arms up, then down, the kanohi shattering across the rocky ground.

“Give me whatever best serves our Lord, for I am no longer who I once was. I refute Mata-Nui. I refute The Makuta. They are false idols, and jealous gods who hide the truth. Tell me more of suffering, Lord Larikon. Tell me more of Ak’rei’an.”

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-23 22:43:08 UTC
    View post on BZP

"Alright then."

Okajo got a short, thick rectangle of protodermis, and began heating the sheet up to hammer it out. After it began glowing, he beat out the metal until it was as thin as his sword. He hammered the edges down, and dunked the metal into a nearby bucket of water to cool the metal down. It didn't have a handle, but Okajo simply heated up the flat bottom of the blade, heated it up, and attached a metal rod to it to act as a handle. He wrapped leather around the handle, and began sharpening the blade. Once done, he tested the weight. A little too heavy for his liking, but definitely a good, strong sword. "How about this?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-23 22:43:25 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Tuli

(Tuli's Hut):

Tuli could see Khervos' personal struggle. She could feel it, her knowledge of men letting her into the thoughts of the Ba-Matoran.

"A little love does not conflict with justice", Tuli said. "You, of all Matoran, deserve some for all the good you have done."

Tuli stood up and walked over to Khervos, taking his hand. "I know you don't feel certain about this. But I want you to tell me what you think we should do with this situation. What do you want from life? Do you have room for another woman besides the mistress of justice?"

IC: Khervos (Tuli's Hut)

"Part of me wants to say no, but the rest of me wants to tell justice to go away" I admitted as I tightened my grip around Tuli's hand slightly, it was strangely comforting.

My brain's telling me it will end in disaster, while my heart's pumping blood through my veins, keeping me alive.

What, you were expecting the old "heart vs. mind" debate. Not happening.

IC:

Between Melna's burbling impatience to get going on this great adventure of ours and Day looking about as comfortable in Onu-Koro as Makuta would in the church of the Great Spirit, I figured that I couldn't try and put this quest off any longer. It was time to put the needs of my friends above my own fear! It was time to buck up, bite the bullet and head out on into the world to face the danger and wonder it held! It was time to rip off this bandage of cowardice to reveal the scabbed-over wound of... exploration... and... bravery... umm... yeah.

That came out wrong, didn't it?

Let's just ignore that last part and OH LOOK OVER THERE AT THAT CUTE KITTEN IT'S SO ADORBS!

Annnnnnd pan back to reality in three... two... one...

"Well, if you guys are set to go," I said, adjusting the straps of my sack, "I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

-Void

IC: Day

I've been set to go since Onu-Koro was even mentioned, now more than ever. Being confined here's only done one thing and one thing only for me and that's turning me into a ticking time bomb of pure paranoia, the cacophony of people and machinery edging the timer closer to the trigger of a mental breakdown.

Melna's uninterrupted spree of her typical jovial behaviour suggests she's completely oblivious to my state of mind or quite frankly, she just doesn't care and keeps a lid on it. I can't tell. Lux on the other hand, is no fool; I chase away his wandering eyes with a lethargic gaze of my own, depraving the puzzled Matoran from analysing my rigid expression though his questions give away his curiosity. I can see the gears turning in his tiny little head, processing every single detail he can scrape without spilling any of his own.

Only now do I notice that just as I am an enigma to him, he is an enigma to me. Only element separating the two of us is that he cares enough to dig deep for answers. I don't.

Whatever the case, Lux understands that the healthiest (for my sake at least) choice of action here is to forsake his fear of adventure and get rolling.

"Lets go." I say plainly as I set off in direction of the tunnels.

IC: Melna (Onu-Wahi Tunnels)

Melna quickly fell in behind Day, this time resigning herself to the back.

As they reached the tunnel entrance, she turned back to see Lux stumble after them on his short legs.

"Need any help?" she asked.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-24 02:10:39 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Wall'o text ahead.

Krii was now, in his mind, a sister. A fellow servant of Ak'rei'an, bound to him and her siblings in blood, suffering and faith. He knew she would fight for the Archangel, die for his glory, and be willing to join his armies in the hidden planes. It warmed his heart, knowing this. He saw with quite some glee, that she, Ira, and Thentyle, would be part of the generation that would subdue the mortal plane. The generation, that would make Ak'rei'an's name revered through the lands.

For far too long, the Brotherhood had lived in fear. Fear of the Makuta's dark hand, fear of being massacred by the armies of the heathens, and fear of the world outside their group. It was when the Brotherhood was slaughtered to the point that out of hundreds upon hundreds, only sixty men remained. Those sixty men, settled in Darkmine, chose to live in cowardice and fear, staying out of the affairs of the outside and dwindling in numbers.

It had came to an end one day, thirty years ago. Then, Larikon poisoned Jokull the Dour, and lead a third of the Brotherhood to slew the rest in pitched battle. He had personally forced reform then, to make the Brotherhood great again. Now, he was going to be the one who expanded them, who led them to victory, who would become the one to destroy Mata Nui's hold over this land. He would be as loyal a servant to his god as he could.

Fatherly, he began to speak to Krii, in fluid and calm Skakdi. "After the Archangel went to a realm far away from our own, to stay away from the hand of Mata Nui, his followers, the Blessed, toiled in the mortal realm. After the defeat in Paradise, they tried to spread the word of Ak'rei'an, heretically against his word. Instead of converting through flame and sword, they converted through bread and wine. But the followers of Mata Nui knew not any competition, nor tolerated it. They hung our priests from trees, beheaded them with knives and hatchets, and tied weights to them and hurled the poor souls into rivers"

"Eventually, the Brothers rose, they razed villages and converted scores of peasants. Forged by heavenly conflict, they were unmatched in war, and were only defeated by the combined might of all the island's nations. After which, they were cast unto the wind. Chapters of our Brotherhood were formed in lands beyond Mata Nuiian knowledge, spreading the faith far and wide. Most recently to our island. But enough stories, child, It is time to knight thee."

He pulled out Heathenbane, the ancestral sword of the Grand Masters. He addressed her in an authoritive voice:

"I Grand Master Larikon Torchbearer, hereby accept thy pledge of service to Ak'rei'an and your brothers unto death." He tapped her twice on the shoulders. "I now dub thee Lady Kriigata, Knight of the Holy Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an, Protector of the Darkmine, and Crusader of the Archangel. May he guard you in your battle against the heathens. Now rise..."

It had taken them over a year, but Ringmaster Larikon had been converted. Priest Uranion stood over his creation gleefully. The stunted little Toa looked at him with beady almond eyes. Larikon himself could barely see. His body had been burned, boiled, crushed and wounded in dozens of terrible ways. But he had lived through a year of it, the memory of her maintaining him, keeping him sane. But she was gone, gone away from him forever.

But Ak'rei'an was here. He would always be here.

Limping on over to alter, he smelt of blood and spit, of oils, balms and cotton. He half kneeled and half collapsed in front of the Grand Master. He fought off the urge to reel back when he heard the sound of Heathenbane slide out of its sheath. The members of the Brotherhood looked at him. Some with looked with admiration and pity, others just gawked and sniggered at him. Jokull approched quietly. He accepted Ak'rei'an, and the master recited the dubbing.

"I, Grand Master Jokull the Stalwart, hereby accept thy pledge to Ak'rei'an and your brothers unto death," he said in his high, squeaky voice. "I now dub thee Sir Larikon, Knight of the Holy Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an, Protector of the Darkmine, and Crusader of the Archangel. May he guide you in the halls of our fortress and defend you from the evils outside its walls. Now, rise."

He rose, and the young, thin Priest Yokin handed Jokull a gold cup, filled with bula juice. The Grand Master handed it to Larikon...

Ardron placed a case at Larikon's feet, and handed to him a cup of Bula juice. He handed it to Kriigata. "Drink," he said, regaining his wits. "Too your brothers and your new home."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-24 02:26:25 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Nice post House!

IC: Kriigata

I stared up at him as if he were Ak'rei'an himself. His hands held a chalice, which without provocation I accepted. The metal zinged my bloodied lips, and the acid of the Bula Juice burned where the kanohi of undeath had scraped my mouth and bruised my tongue. But I swallowed, and accepted the truth of life. It was only another lesson in the multitude to come.

"Thank you, my Lord," I said, what voice I still controlled little more than a rasp. At his words, I found myself standing without effort, as if his tongue had a spell and bewitched my body and mind. Perhaps it was the drink, but even as the scabs across my legs reopened I did not find the need to cry. I wobbled, then held still in an act of concentration. "I am happy to --"

And then I saw the world give way, and the my frail body finally fall. When I would next wake, I would be stronger from the lesson learned.

OOC: Well, after all that trauma, she's passed out.

• Edited on 2013-08-24 03:05:31 by Kughii
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-24 02:48:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Sajis

Her superior was rather cheerful. She never really liked being in the presence of cheery people - they were usually disorderly, and their exuberant personalities were infectious, which got in the way of her attempts at bringing about more order. She would try not to let her view of the more enthusiastic cloud her impressions of her leader; working in unity with others in an orderly manner was key to making sure the island was stable.

"Understood," she replied in clipped tones. "What are the specifics of this mission?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-08-24 02:51:50 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Rakona didn't cut into the ankles, retcon it, please.

Larikon watched as Krii collapsed from the trauma of her wounds, her suffering during the conversion and sacrifice.

"Ardron, get me the salves and oils, we must let Lady Kriigata heal."

The zombie went.

• Tags: