BZPRPG: Ko-Wahi

Ko
A banner for the topic
  • Posted 2013-05-20 16:48:05 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Celite

"Well, I can assure you I am not dead yet. I still have life in me...though as to how long it will be worth living, I cannot ascertain." Celite gave a particularly grim look as she finished her sentence. She paused, then looked at the Skakdi again. He looked a bit strange, like his colours were somehow wrong. This intrigued the former-tinkering-Turaga to no end.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-20 17:18:56 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: (Junyaus/Ko-Koro)

Junyaus sat in a hotel room, and wrote down every little bit of information that might be of value. He wrote it in code. Hidden in what seemed to be an excessively long love letter were details of the meeting, and the locations of some Sanctum Guard outposts. And in what seemed to be a picture of a snowflake, lay the basic outline of the parts of the Inner Sanctum he'd seen.

Hewkii would be pleased.

Putting it all into a briefcase, he walked towards the gate, casually and not at all aggressive. The guard looked at the fake passport, and stamped it without question. Going to the stables, he found over a dozen Ussal carts. Some were delivering technology from Onu-Koro, some, like the one Juny desired, were taxis. He found a decent looking one, enclosed from the snow.

"Take me to the outskirts of Po-Wahi, please."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-20 17:38:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Surina

(Ko-Wahi):

Surina was freezing.

She had planned to head for the deserts of Po-Wahi after having to flee from her home in Ga-Koro. However, the drought had been too much for her. An unlikely place she had to go to, but one where she could survive.

Ice, luckily, is just frozen water. Much better.

Getting here hadn't been easy. The way was a long one and she couldn't use the most well-known routes due to someone possibly recognizing her. She had taken this journey the hard way.

But at last she saw the Ko-Koro gate.

"The first thing I'll do is get a room at an inn", Surina said. "Then I guess I'll become another hermit among the Ko-Matoran... until the storm has passed."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-20 18:39:54 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: (Valria)

"It does Akiri Matoro, I thank you greatly for such wisdom in such tense times." I replied with a smile, bowing slightly and moving my back up against the wall again. Sharing traditions, military might, and technological advancements? That sounded a lot like cultural expansion to me. Still I bit down those thoughts, it was probably just all the anger. I had previously thought things would have gotten better with time. Well no big surprise, they didn't. Instead of feeling sad, I just got angrier and angrier...and I started seeing things. Telric mostly, he would just appear, and always in a variety of states, each time mocking me, taunting me on, and I just wanted to break his neck, her that satisfying crunch for everything he did to me and my friends. I wanted to hear him gurgle and scream. I wanted to hear the sound of his bones breaking again, and yet I'm also sickened by it. I wanted to let it go, but I can't it's not that easy, no matter what anyone tells you.

I leaned against the wall, now waiting for this meeting to be over. Perhaps then I could talk to Iulius and LoJak, Sur was still nowhere to be seen. She had been remarkably absent for a bit.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-20 18:54:36 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Merror)

Merror smiled as he listened. He'd expected that the fantastical tales he'd heard from the traders might not be as factual as they claimed. A tiny slimmer of gut instinct whispered that Joske knew more, that he was hiding something...Merror dismissed it. Wishful thinking.

And Joske was right - sometimes great battles did need a myth or two to keep them in people's memories.

"Go back to the world of the living?" he replied. "Sounds good to me. If what I read in the papers is true, the Koro have changed more in three months than they had in years. Time we saw it with our own eyes, eh?"

He tapped his armour and swords briefly, then looked back to the couple.

"I travelled here light," he explained. "In fact, I'm already carrying everything I have here. Except three months' worth of Mata Nui Dailies, but I don't exactly feel like lugging them around with me."

He nodded, pushing himself away from the wall and standing upright.

"I'm ready to leave whenever you are," he said, and smiled. "It'll be good to journey with you. I...didn't allow myself the luxury of companions for a long time, until a few months ago - but that's a story for another time," he added, as Joske opened his mouth to to query his words.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-20 19:20:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Surina

(Ko-Koro):

Surina walked through the gates of Ko-Koro, when she saw something unexpected. She almost shouted Celite's name, then realized that it would not be smart, seeing as she too was on the run. Instead, Surina ran over to Celite, ignoring her new companions.

"Hey", Surina said quietly. "What are you doing here?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-20 19:30:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Sur

In a distant (AND WARMER) portion of town, a Bo-Toa slowly hobbled through the streets, staff in one hand, a bucket of mountain herbs in the other. Walking through a quiet street, the healer eventually came to her house. putting the bucket of herbs down, she leaned heavily on her staff and slowly opened the door. Picking up the bucket, she walked inside.

Sur hadn't actually disappeared all these months. Rather, she simply had withdrawn to the quieter areas of town. After the deaths of Kaiapo and Quada, Sur decided that "heroism" just wasn't ehr thing. This was compounded by the fact that she had sustained a serious leg injury in the battle, which still hadn't fully healed. As well, with the Makuta gone, there wasn't really much left to fight for; heroes weren't exactly needed. And finally, the increasing political tension between the koros had disgusted her. Despite the peace, the villages couldn't afford to squabble like this. Sur couldn't stand the changes being made to the island's political sphere, and she wanted no part in it. So Sur went back to the quiet life that she had lived before, the only times venturing into the public eye being to purchase supplies. Her limp had limited the amount of trips into the wilds that she could make to gather herbs and usage of elemental energy had become exhausting for her, so she was forced to make do with a small garden in her back yard. It was a hard life in the frozen wastes, with the soil barely being fertile, but Sur would take it over being a hero of war any day.

Putting down her gathered plants in her hut's kitchen, she hobbled over to the big armchair in the living room and plopped down. Sur was shivering intensely from the cold; fortunately, she had the mind to light the fire before she left. SLowly, the ehaler began to doze off...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-20 19:38:35 UTC
    View post on BZP

Her conversation with the Skakdi she was not yet introduced to fully was cut off by Surina's sudden approach. Needless to say, the Turaga was about as shocked to see her co-conspiritor in the same place as her."This was the only safe place someone like me could get to. I'm not taking my chances in the villages of earth, fire or air. So I climbed the mountain." She said bluntly, forgetting to keep her voice down in front of Tivanu. "Although frankly the guards around here have put me on edge. If word gets out of Ga-Koro..."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-20 19:47:15 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Surina(Ko-Koro): "I'm here for the same reason", Surina explained. "I was on my way to Po-Wahi but a mod did not approve of me going there but it was too hot and too dry. This place isn't."

Just then Surina realized that the Skakdi was actually listening and not just hanging around randomly.

"Um... hi..."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-20 22:47:47 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Tivanu

Tivanu looked down at the turaga and matoran and smiled. They did not seem like they were discussing normal matters

"Hmm seems like some things have gone on."

He looked over at the guards then bent his knees to get to the turaga's level

"I agree that the guards even put me on edge although there is not much they could do to stop me."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-20 23:00:13 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Taka

I'm not even going to pretend that Matoro's response didn't raise a few eyebrows, myself included. However, it was a good plan in theory. I wonder what that Po-Toa wants?

• Edited on 2013-05-20 23:01:06 by The Lonesome Wanderer
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 01:13:00 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC:

The gentle tinkle of ice crystals greeted the vengeful Sulov and the reborn Kol as they entered the little tube Hiemalis had used as his mountaintop lair. Both intruders were cautious in their entry, almost paranoid. They were taken by surprise once before; they would not make the same mistake again.

They looked at each other quizzically as they surveyed the tiny home. The bed of straw was left unturned and the long chain that hung over the deep chasm was fastened to the cave entrance. Kol looked at it warily, not fearing it anymore but regarding it with scorn; through it he was broken once already. But as they pursed through the dwelling they realized Hiemalis was nowhere to be seen.

"He's not here--"

An emphatic finger shut Kol up as Sulov, always analytical and intelligent, noticed something was off. The tinkling.

Like a spider from the ceiling body parts descended. Mounted on a cross were arranged appendages sewn together with no two pieces from the same being the display exuded a ghastly aura of heathen death. Around the withered neck hung a sign. On it, written in blood, was a simple message scrawled in Hiemalis' runic writing: Late.

IC: ("Will you walk into my parlor?," Said the spider to the fly...)

My left shoulder freezes. I spin, reaching back with my other arm. Nothing but an ice dagger slipped twixt the plate and cloak. I pull it out and toss it away, idly sensing his footsteps leave what little part of Earth there is in the cave as he exits the way we came.

First blood. Not first battle.

That's how he's chosen to fight, then. Indirectly. Difficult, but not without precedent. And not without plan. I know what we must do.

He hasn't left yet the area. He, therefore, still does not mind fighting, though he does not wish to do so himself yet. He's just probing us for weaknesses or retreat. We can still come out of this encounter with him incarcerated. At worst, we can ruin the seat of his power. At best, we can still defeat him. So we shall press on.

However, we're not attacking as we were previously. He's not willing to engage directly. Thus, my partnership with Kol is ill-advised, as it lessens his incentive to fight. I signal to Kol and he nods.

We split the party.

He runs from the cave. I follow, stalking from the entrance with all the haste my armor and cloak afford, then generating a meter-by-meter square of Earth that acts as a mobile standing position. We follow the trail in the snow left by Hiemalis' descent, but I levitate down the west side of the mountain face while Kol climbs the east. We're landing on opposite sides of the gulch.

Such a manner of attack is the most viable. Our collective drop in weakness is not pertinent, while the fact that we now cover more ground as we comb the area for Hiemalis is highly relevant to our state. It is now likely that he will attack us, but as I doubt he still wishes to fight directly, considering he may have feasibly ambushed me with Kol, it is just as probable that his resistance will be ineffective. And escape or the waiting game are both lackluster options. We're fighting him on two fronts, a pincer maneuver that grows more crushing with time or movement as we circle about the mountain to meet each other. Winning all around.

• Edited on 2013-05-21 01:50:10 by Mr. Peanuts
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 01:34:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Kol-Caverns)

Kol nodded, noting the Onu-Koroan techniques. The Seventh had always been a pioneer in just about everything they did, and this gave them an incredible advantage in battle. It's two best officers now took on a single opponent- but Kol knew better than anyone that this opponent could be quite deadly. He continued down his path, tapping at his sheathed saperka carefully.

Ya take tha high road...

He climbed east, ledge by ledge, at utmost care but at all possible haste. He knew his former master would not attack. He would wait for the best, most efficient moment, and then strike. If they weren't careful, he would kill them both before they knew what was going on.

I take tha low road...

He reached his destination to see Sulov already there. Screw that song. He nodded to the now-Toa, brandishing his saperka with pride. He shot Silov a look that asked "What next?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 01:49:14 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: I gesture with my right hand to the blue glow of the ice cave we stand in, letting the other arm rest. "We split." Then I turn and head off, moving further into the cave away from Kol. He knows the territory nearly as well as Hiemalis does. We'll be able to secure passage through the cavern in one form or another. The only question that remains here is what the consequence of that passage will be for our assault.

• Edited on 2013-05-21 01:49:46 by Mr. Peanuts
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 03:28:34 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC(Kol-Caverns)

Kol nodded, and headed off in his own direction. As he stalked through the caves, he knew the consequence of what he was to do. If he met Hiemalis, he knew he wouldn't last long. These very circumstances were the reason that he couldn't fail. If he couldn't stop Hiemalis, he sure as heck would show him what an Onu-Koroan could do.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 04:13:05 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC (Cael)

The Toa of Water met Joske's eyes as he stepped around Merror's question. The answer he gave was, alone, enough to prove he had changed. Would the old Joske have dodged an opportunity to laud his exploits? He had occasionally mentioned being relegated to the “dustbin” of history... and here he was turning aside a chance to talk about everything he'd done.

She smiled slightly, enough so Joske could see. He'd changed even more than he knew.

“Like you, I have all my things here,” she said after Merror had finished. She gestured to a satchel woven of green leaves that lay against the wall near the table, then looked to Joske. “We can leave whenever you like.”

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 04:21:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: CeliteThe Vo_Turaga was surprised that the Skakdi had come down to her level, but it seemed to make her feel somewhat appreciated, if only slightly. Cruelly, she asked; "and what have you done to put yourself in danger, then?"

• Edited on 2013-05-21 04:22:10 by Makuta Almanax
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 04:25:54 UTC
    View post on BZP

Tivanu laughed loudly causing his jaws to open wide

"Me, I have i done nothing. I just don't feel comfortable around law officials."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 04:42:07 UTC
    View post on BZP

"oh." Celite sighed disappointed. She then came to realise she had not asked the name of this Skakdi."What is your name?" She said coldly.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 04:55:11 UTC
    View post on BZP

Tivanu paused in his laughing as he really had to think about this

Do i give my name?

"The name is Tivanu. I am a mercenary."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 05:32:05 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Surina

(Ko-Koro):

"A mercenary?"

Surina remembered well that Celite had been a mercenary before becoming a Turaga. Surina was hesitant about saying this out loud though, so instead she waited to see Celite's reaction.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 05:35:04 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC

[Massif - morning]

I glanced at Cael, then to Merror, then back to Cael. I snorted slightly, feeling my shoulders sag as I did.

Well well, they're both ready to go. Looks like the joke's on me. As usual.

I rolled my eyes to myself as I straightened up. "Then if you don't mind I'll be right back." Before either could make a response I was just a cloud of dust, my body already materializing in my room as I turned down the juice in my mask. I too traveled light... just wasn't ready yet.

Give me about five seconds.

First was my disk launcher, a gift given to me by the late Turaga Vakama. A very ornate weapon - polished metal, extreme detail, and complete with fire-inspired etchings - being of the finest craftmanship. Extremely accurate too, which was a plus in regards to ranged weapons. Perhaps an odd gift for a former Kohlii player, but it proved its worth in versatility during the course of my last adventure; I could have used to channel his fire powers (sadly never got the chance) and could also be used as a jetpack that was triggered by my thoughts... that is, if I still had my powers. Every time I looked at it it was a reminder of what I sacrificed, of who I used to be. Yet it was still a useful weapon if not practical, and looked pretty awesome. With a magnetic tug I could feel it attach firmly to my back. That secured I turned, facing the far wall.

Every time I looked at it my breath was taken away.

The flamberge, Heuani's former weapon, now mine by right of combat. As deadly as it was beautiful, it had a sturdy, elegant metal hilt – a basic T-shaped crossbar, an unadorned ovular pommel, all crafted out of smooth lines – but what was remarkable about the weapon is its transparent, rippling blade. The blade itself suits me perfectly, as though it was made for my arm, crafted perfectly for my fighting style. The blade looks like it is made of glass, but infinitely stronger, and its edge is so sharp that it almost disappears into the air. The only other person to see this blade since the battle at Kini-Nui was an Onu-Korian appraiser, and after looking closely at it had some interesting details. The seemingly smooth surface of the blade was actually comprised of exceedingly minute flat polygons that bend so subtly that their edges are imperceptible - unless closely examined. Inside the blade, there is a tiny crevice, an angular-looking air bubble; it is the sword’s only flaw. From his viewpoint it was made of crystal, but a crystalline substance he had never seen before. A blade as marvelous as it was mysterious, the way it captured any light and diffracted it splendidly.

A blade I did not want anyone to know I had... not yet.

With a single fluid motion I snatched the blade off the wall and slid it into a vary plain sheath - the point where any observer would believe it to be any normal sword, the transparent blade completely hidden beneath the tempered metal and leather. I attached it to my belt, threw some supplies in a knapsack, and about seven seconds after I had left I appeared before the duo. I took in a small breath, the cool mountain breeze filtering into the training room. I smiled mischievously.

"Sooooo... who's up to go to Po-Koro?"

Five minutes later we were taking the trail down the mountain.

OOC: Joske and company to Po-Wahi

• Edited on 2013-05-21 05:35:57 by Friar Tuck
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 05:44:07 UTC
    View post on BZP

The blue-and-white Turaga gave a small laugh. A Mercenary? Of course, how could it have been anything less? Just look at him!"I see. A Skakdi Mercenarynamed Tivanu. Very well then. I might be able to use your services at some point." Her expression was kind yet her eyes looked afraid. She knew how mercenaries could be if you promised work and defaulted on payment - she'd fried several who did that to her back in the olden days. "Surina, what should we do at this point?" Celite said, quickly changing the subject to try and avoid introducing herself for now, and ignoring that she shouldn't say a co-conspiritor's name out so callously. "My remaining money was back in Ga-Wahi, and I doubt I can travel too much farther without supplies."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 06:03:13 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Surina

(Ko-Koro):

"I wouldn't worry about that", Surina whispered. "I've got plenty of cash I always have with me."

Surina turned to Tivanu, determined not to waist potential help - especially considering there were people after her and Celite.

"Um, so Tivanu... you do all kind of work for money, eh?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 06:05:50 UTC
    View post on BZP

Tivanu considered this for several long moments as he tapped Staff to the ground

"Well i do any kind of work yes. But if i feel my life is at risk or the job is not worth it, I will back down from the job and not expect payment."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 06:16:51 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Surina

(Ko-Koro):

Surina turned to Celite again. "With a Skakdi by our side...", she said. "You see what I'm getting at?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 06:30:41 UTC
    View post on BZP

Tivanu looked down at the matoran and grinned

"Now i must know what it is you two will hire me for."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 07:25:33 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Khervos, from Ta-Wahi (The Drifts)

The drifts were as uninviting as any other day. The Wind howled as we walked up the steps, me first and Viima following behind.

The stone stairway leading up to Mount Ihu and the valley where Ko-Koro lay, was just as snowy and cold as usual. Now, I wasn't a Ta-Matoran, but after living in Ta-Koro for so long, I wasn't used to the cold, and was shivering quite a bit as I lead the way up the long, winding stairway.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 07:32:50 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: Viima from Ta-Wahi.

IC Viima

(Ko-Wahi, Drifts):

"You sure there's not an easier way to get to Ko-Koro?!" Viima shouted over the howling winds which aggressively blasted him with cold in the face. For a moment he wondered why they were even searching here. Why would Surina want to come to this freezing environment. He gave up that thought. It was worth looking, anyway.

IC Surina

(Ko-Koro):

"For a few things, actually", Surina said to Tivanu. "Why don't we talk more at the inn? It is way too cold out here for my liking."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 07:43:43 UTC
    View post on BZP

Tivanu nodded his agreement as he moved to follow the matoran

"Sounds like a plan."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 07:46:50 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Khervos (Approaching Ko-Koro)

Like a promise of the things to come, the storm grew gradually weaker as we ascended the staircase. Eventually we found ourselves standing on the archway leading to Ko-Koro. Against my expectations, the winds were less frequent and the snowfall much lighter, the stairway had lifted us up above the worst of the storm clouds, letting us explore Ko-Koro with relative ease.

"And the hunt has begun"

• Edited on 2013-05-21 07:47:08 by Geardirector
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 07:52:30 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Viima

(Ko-Koro):

Viima was awe-struck by the village of ice. He had never been to this part of Mata Nui and the whole environment was staggering to him. Huts made out of ice? That was something new to him. He watched Khervos silently, seeing that he was obviously analyzing the space and doing his job.

IC Surina

(Ko-Koro, Inn):

Surina, Celite and Tivanu gathered around a table in the inn. Surina ordered a Madu-coktail, which was known among natives to warm your body up nicely in this cold place.

"So, we have a little problem", Surina said. "What we need is both protection... and some strength behind our next actions."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 08:04:32 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC: Khervos (Ko-Koro)

"The first thing we need to do, is ask the guard whether or not they've seen her, if she's in the village, the guards at the entrance will probably know."

• Edited on 2013-05-21 08:04:43 by Geardirector
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 08:10:01 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Viima

(Ko-Koro):

"Good thinking", Viima said. He had to admit he felt like an apprentice sidekick to Khervos, following him and agreeing to his statements. He deemed it fine though, as he had paid him for doing his job, which was exactly why this situation had come about.

As it appeared, the guards had seen both a Ga-Matoran with a Miru AND a Turaga with a Rau. Viima could feel his muscles tense at the knowledge that somewhere in this village were those he was looking for. He decided they would go down.

"Well, that was fast", Viima said. "You sure are effective at tracking, I can tell you that. Lead us straight in the right place."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 08:18:37 UTC
    View post on BZP

Tivanu leaned back in his chair as Kive-phu, His female lava hawk, Rested on his shoulder

"So what kind of protection. I mean i am a skakdi we are known for our raw strength. But what type of beings would i be protecting you from?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 08:19:11 UTC
    View post on BZP

"We haven't caught them yet, our next step is to figure out where they're hiding"

I looked around, trying to think of a place where a wanted criminal would hide.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 08:23:48 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Viima

(Ko-Koro):

"I think a priority here would be to make sure they don't leave", Viima said. "But I'm sure the guards will take care of that."

IC Surina

(Ko-Koro, Inn):

"Well, we are sort of on the run", Surina said. "Our biggest concern are... other Matoran. Surely you have more than enough strength to defeat mere Matoran. That is why we are asking you."

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 08:30:26 UTC
    View post on BZP

"I agree. And since they're wanted criminals, they aren't likely to leave anytime soon"

I checked my disk launcher, made sure my ammo was in good condition, and led the way through one of the streets.

"She's likely to be staying at a bar or tavern of some sort, so there's nothing else to do but ask around"

• Edited on 2013-05-21 08:30:38 by Geardirector
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 08:32:01 UTC
    View post on BZP

Tivanu grinned softly as he pointed his staff at one of the matoran loitering at the bar and with a quick flick a bolt of energy shot out and in no time he was floating 5 feet off the ground

"Does that prove my abilities?"

• Tags:
  • Posted 2013-05-21 08:35:56 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • IC Viima

(Ko-Koro):

"When I tried looking for them in Ta-Koro, I asked people at the Lavapit Inn first", Viima said. "That's where the Matoran gather. So checking the one here is a good idea."

IC Surina

(Ko-Koro, Inn):

Surina watched the Matoran fly and chuckled. "Indeed it does", she said. "I assume you will want a specific amount of payment as long as we require your services... what would you say your price is?"

• Tags: