BZPRPG: Po-Wahi

Po
/images/topicbanners/117.png
  • Posted 2011-10-29 16:56:59 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • IC: Gunner For one of the few times in his life, Gunner was afraid. Giant boulders chasing after you generally cause one to be. The Toa was running harder than he had in a long time. His lungs were so tired he didn't even have enough breath to scream, or even think for that matter. All he could focus on was getting out of there alive. OOC: Hmm, flying darts, giant boulders. This seems oddly familiar Ghosthands... -Void

  • Posted 2011-10-29 17:31:46 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: And they go running off with little actual direction. XD IC: Tanuka looked up gratefully at Agarin. "Thank you..." she said. Tokain clicked his tongue. "Amateurs." He rumbled watching Lohkar's group go back through the other rooms. "Backwards is never the right way." "Honestly to me it looks like the right idea. This looks like a dead end." Nuraka said referring to the room with the busts they were in. "Nope. Wer' goin' the right way." "And how do you know?" Nuraka glared at him. "Last I checked you didn't have a map ether!" "Ah know you can feel that annoying buzz on the back of your teeth." Tokain countered. "Ah know ah have and it's been getting worse the further forward we go. There's powerful magic ahead and the more annoying the buzz the closer, and more powerful, the object is." Kalama finally examined the plaque on the middle bust. "'ENTERTAIN US'?" He read. Suddenly the eyes of the busts flashed and glowed blue. What little light there was in the room was suddenly sucked out of it to dimmer levels. A light shown down from above on Kalama like a spotlight on stage. "Okay this is weird." The busts 'watched' expectantly. Kalama just stared back before looking at the Marines. "Any ideas?" He asked. "I feel like I should be doing something but I'm kinda lost as to what." Tokain grinned and nudged the Matoran out of the spotlight with a foot before stepping into it. "Step aside Professor. Ah think they whan' a show." He looked at Agarin. "Hey music man guy. Play something Jazzy and Grungy would ya?"

  • Posted 2011-10-29 17:41:56 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • IC Yasurek: There was a giant rock. It was headed for them. Well, that's not good, Yasurek thought, running away from the boulder as fast as he could. He was running very quickly, still able to keep up with the rest of the crew despite his smaller stature. He had chased criminals all across Ko-koro back when he was a guard. This was nothing.

  • Posted 2011-10-29 18:03:09 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: Yes, rings a bell, doesn't it? IC (Lohkar) The boulder was moving too fast. In a few seconds it would catch up with the pirates who were furthest back. Lohkar suddenly span around, and stood facing the boulder, Lightstone held high. His crew ran past him, looking at him like he was crazy. Which, to be fair, he probably was. Pulling out his Zamor launcher, he fired off several shots at the huge rock. They didn't destroy it, but gouged a fair-sized chunk out of the boulder, which, now too uneven to roll, slid to a halt, inches from Lohkar's foot. "Right," said Lohkar, putting his launcher away. "That solves that problem." He continued down the corridor, still running. "C'mon, lads!" he called to Kiox, Gunner, Delarix and Yasurek. "We've got ta get ta the treausure before Kalama an' his band do!" Suddenly, the corridor ended, a stone door visible in the gloom. The pirates almost ran into it. "Right," said Lohkar, shining his Lightstone on a protruding block. "This looks like..." He pushed it. The door slid open. "...the doorknob." The walked through the door, and into a room. Lohkar and his crew didn't know, but this was the room directly after the one Kalama's group were in. In the middle of the room, there was a pedestal on a raised platform. Lohkar strode up to it to take a look, and his crew followed him, stepping onto the platform. The minute they stood on it, it moved downwards slightly. "Ah," said Lohkar. Suddenly, the walls began to move inwards. Lohkar span around and looked quickly at the pedestal. Carved into the top was a poem. What turns cities into sand?What brings light to foreign lands?What can mighty mountains lower?What can kill the strongest Toa?What blunts the sword and steals its sting?What brings death to everything?

  • Posted 2011-10-29 18:12:12 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: Kalama, Raknar is attacking one of your Ga-Koro marines. Since you seem to have missed it before, I'll provide an addendum in this post.Also, Ghosthands, I think I've already guessed the answer to that riddle. XPIC (Po-Wahi, Temple of Wisdom):Raknar's first swing went clear over the marine's head -- 'twas a warning, not the actual attack. Spinning with his momentum, he ended up to the left of the entire group, beside one of the eyeless busts, zamor launcher poised and ready for firing."We pirates," he said, "ain't too stupid, y'know?" -- and he passed over the thought, quickly ignored, that his actions thus far were rather stupid.

  • Posted 2011-10-29 18:53:31 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: Ah, Legolover, are you aware that you are now badly outnumbered as you are the only one in the room as the others are now in another location? IC: Kalama blinked as the axe whiffed over Juno's head, The Chief Petty Officer not even flinching. "Ironically your actions have proven contrary to your statement." He glanced at Yuni. "Sic 'em." The Gunnery Sergent grinned maliciously twirling her frying pan in one hand arming her other hand with the meat cleaver strapped to her thigh. "Roight lad. This woant 'urt a bit naow. Well, nought Oi a' aney rate." She chuckled advancing on the Skakdi.

  • Posted 2011-10-29 19:08:35 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • IC(Agarin): Agarin nodded at Tokain and pulled his guitar around to the front. He began to strum a jazzy tune and started to sing.

  • Posted 2011-10-29 19:13:56 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • IC: Arzanyos' voice rang out through the room. "Right now, this is what's going to happen. You all marines are gonna drop your weapons and leave, and wil take the prize." As he walked up, he was followed by the rest of Lohkar's crew, including Lohkar himself. He shot a glance at Raknar and muttered "Sorry I'm late, Raknar. I just had to get some help."OOC: It's an Illusion, but you're all matoran so you can't use a mask to see through it. And please don't use your "experience" to dismiss it out of hand.

  • Posted 2011-10-29 19:24:32 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: Yes, Kalama, I am very aware that Raknar's actions proved very foolish. But -- hey -- this is Raknar we're talking about. :PQuick Q -- are all of the characters in the room PCs? And are they all Matoran except for Tokain?IC (Po-Wahi, Temple of Wisdom):Raknar rolled his eyes. "Aye, I'm sure it won't. For me."Before the Matoran had advanced within range Raknar had aimed his zamor launcher on her and fired. He twisted, sendings a spray of shots around the room. One struck a bust, knocking it slightly off-balance. For a moment its empty eye sockets lit up with the impact, revealing a funny shadow in their recesses.

  • Posted 2011-10-29 19:25:54 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • IC: "No, I am no merchant." Kohra said, still chuckling softly to herself. "I am but a lone traveler on a wondrous island, looking for a purpose, maybe."She began to follow Clo'on as he led her through the Koro, to whatever inn he had in mind. The Vortixx made mental notes along the way, of places that seemed interesting, or like good hiding-places; routes that were good for slipping away quickly if need be and other things.The came across a few Matoran on the way. She noticed one who looked a tiny bit like he might feel sick, but the Vortixx walked by as if nothing happened. Clo'on hadn't even noticed the Matoran.They were getting closer to the center of Po-Koro now and the streets, despite the late hour, seemed to become busier as they went. Night had fallen by now and light-stones illuminated the sandy streets, held in fixtures on the walls of the huts or atop wooden rods, stuck into the ground. Kohra looked up. The air was extremely clear this night and she could make out the stars above. Too many too count, they were bright and cold, except one, glowing bright red."I never noticed the red star before..." she said, more to herself then to Clo'on, but the Toa of stone could still hear it.

  • Posted 2011-10-29 19:43:28 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: Okay since none of you seem to be on the same page, you've all left with Lohkar and are now under the influence of an arcane trap since you seem to be seeing things. Ghosthands you'd better save your crew from themselves since they seem to be attacking each other and are clearly unaware of where they really are. Consider the previous post the illusion if you will. IC:Tokain grinned and started singing in a rather raspy voice. I'd sell your heart to the junkman babyFor a buck, for a buckHe swaggered over to one of the busts and pointed at it.If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditchYou're out of luck, you're out of luckHe whipped out the heavy blade he was carrying and tapped it on the ground with every syllable of sinking Ship is sinkingThe ship is sinkingThe ship is sinkingSwaggering around he continued spinning the heavy blade like a cane.There's a leak, there's a leak in the boiler roomThe poor, the lame, the blindWho are the ones that we kept in charge?He picked up Kali, Nala, and Nuraka Killers, thieves and lawyersThe Matoran did not look amused.'Mata-Nui's away, Mata-Nui's awayMata-Nui's away on business, He tapped the 'cane', businessMata-Nui's away, Mata-Nui's awayMata-Nui's away on business, He then flipped his boonie cap, businessUsing his blade as a pretend shovel he pretended to shovel dirt.Digging up the dead with a shovel and a pickIt's a job, it's a jobHe then stood next to one of the busts and placed his head next to it waving his hand as if showing the status a vision. Bloody moon rising with a plague and a floodJoin the mob, join the mobHe walked into the spotlight and stood there swinging the 'cane' from hand to hand.It's all over, it's all overIt's all overHe swaggered off spinning his 'cane' again.There's a leak, there's a leak in the boiler roomThe poor, the lame, the blindWho are the ones that we kept in charge?Killers, thieves and lawyersMata-Nui's away, Mata-Nui's awayMata-Nui's away on business, He spun the 'cane' and tapped it leaving it in the ground. businessMata-Nui's away, Mata-Nui's away on business, He tilted the boonie over his face and then pushed it back, businessHAH! He grabbed Tanuka as she stood up and whisked her around. The startled female stumbled though the waltz he led her through while Agarin played the instrument segment. Finally he let her go and came back to the blade he'd left in the ground and pulled it free with little difficulty. BY MAKUTA there's always such a big temptationHe folded his hands and swayed back and forth smiling, To be good, to be goodThere's always free cheddar in a mousetrap, babyHe pretended to shake hands with one of the busts, It's a deal, it's a dealMata-Nui's away, Mata-Nui's awayMata-Nui's away on business, businessMata-Nui's away, Mata-Nui's awayMata-Nui's away on business, businessI narrow my eyes like a coin slot babyLet her ring, let her ringMata-Nui's away, Mata-Nui's awayMata-Nui's away on business,Mata-Nui's away, Mata-Nui's awayMata-Nui's away on business, He twisted his boone one way on his head and then back, business. Applauding sounded even though no one was clapping. In fact Hotu would later swear one of the busts whispered to the other "How are we clapping?" while the other replied "I don't know, just go with it." Tokain took a bow. The eyes flashed green and a stone ladder fell from the ceiling as the light level returned to normal. "That was one of the more odder puzzles I think we've ever done." Kalama noted climbing up the ladder. "But it was fun." Tokain grinned following him up. ------- "Okay, now we're getting somewhere." Kalama said opening the door from the room they'd climbed up. Beyond it was a long rectangular room. "What we have here is a classic "gautlet" layout. Nobody move or touch anything. beyond this line..." Kalama drew a line in the dust with a toe. "There's a lever over there that should deactivate it. I'll go take care of it." Kalama cautiously started moving across the room. Nala looked at Alrin. "You've been quite this whole time. Not scared you into being a mute has it?"

  • Posted 2011-10-29 20:08:37 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: Um, Kalama, I think you're the one who's not understood.

    • [*]Lohkar, along with Yasurek, Kiox, Gunner and Delarix has just entered the room ahead of you via a shortcut passage.[*]Raknar and Arzanyos followed you into the "performance" room, where they attacked you.[*]Arzanyos used his Kanohi Mahiki to make it look as though Lohkar and the crew were behind him. They're not really there.

    Clear enough? IC (Lohkar) Lohkar grimaced at the rapidly approaching walls. I hate riddles, he thought. OOC: LL361, that doesn't surprise me ;) It's not particularly difficult, but remember that Lohkar's under pressure (and soon, that may be the literal truth - pardon the pun).

  • Posted 2011-10-29 20:42:47 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • IC Yasurek: Yasurek glanced at the walls closing in. They didn't have much time. "Okay, let's think about this," he said. "I'm going to assume that by 'What can mountains lower' it means what can lower mountains, in which case erosion would be a decent guess. Except for the bringing light to foreign lands line. Hmmm... this riddles annoys me. And the third and fourth lines don't even rhyme. What's up with that?" "Wait a minute... maybe it's shadow?" he said, eyes lighting up and talking more rapidly. "If shadow is here, then light must be in lands far away, and we know shadow seems to destroy everything it's near... that's what I think it is. Anybody else can share their opinions if they want, though do try to do it quickly."

  • Posted 2011-10-29 20:48:45 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • IC: "Hmph, terrified, as if I could scare that easily." The Toa snorted. "Let's just say, I don't like pirates and it took all my will not to attack them." You got that right, you promised Alrin, I promised nothing, if we don't need to fight we don't need to fight. And that's why you're no fun. Alrin sighed thinking, basically he was being lead by the nose, by the Matoran and his group. It wasn't exactly fun, but it was something to do. OOC: Honestly since I'm being lead by the nose, I don't know what exactly to post. I'm trying to wrap my head around something is Kalama or someone else supposed to be Indiana Jones.

  • Posted 2011-10-29 21:26:48 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • IC (Lohkar) "No, not shadow," said Lohkar. "Shadow doesn't blunt swords! Argh! We could use a bit more time." His eyes suddenly lit up. "Time," he said. "Time! Time's the answer! It's TIME!" As he shouted the last word, the walls stopped moving, and grated back - further than they had originally been - to reveal a doorway. "Looks like our next destination," said Lohkar, grinning. "Let's go!"

  • Posted 2011-10-29 21:46:55 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: 1) Yes you got into the room AHEAD of me. This temple is not liner in nature meaning although you found a way AROUND at no point did I see you go UP. In fact I think you went DOWN instead. Pay attention to the direction you're going! It may not be the same direction I go! 2) "Lohkar and the crew went back into the previous room." When being generic like that you are implying ALL of your crew. For anybody who did not, in fact, specify a destination(OOC: Which exit did you mean, when you said "Raknar made for the exit"?), they ran off somewhere completely different separate of both of our groups. Your boys are now well and truly lost under the influence of an Arcane illusion since "With that, he took off, headless of traps." You'd better go save them. 3) The Mahiki requires line of sight to work PROPERLY and since Arzanyos IS NOT in fact in the room since he ran off in a totally weird direction with Raknar it would cause any illusions to do something such as "walk through a wall" and any Marine that attacks any of the illusions would go through it and quickly discover it's not there. Even with your numbers remember these are Special Forces Marines and bleak odds do not faze them so challenging them to lay down their weapons is pretty much laughable and is the equivalent of "Please kill me." Seriously, keep track of what you post in the order it's posted because I WILL reset you in some location and make you start fresh if you can't do it yourself. For now I'm more inclined to ignore anything that happened up to this point since no one can seem to figure out where they went in relation to me. IC:GAUNTLET CHAMBERTEMPLE OF WISDOMPO-WAHI, 0045 HRS Kalama eased his way slowly through the long room. "What do you think ever happened to those pirates?" Lei asked. Hotu shrugged. "I didn't bother listening to their gibberish and then two of them simply ran pellmell off in a direction I didn't see." "That was stupid." Lei shrugged. "If they were going to attack us we were standing right there. They didn't need to run in any direction." "Well they ARE pirates." "Point. Not the smartest bunch of people you'd ever meet." "Well not entirely true. A smart pirate probably would have prepared an ambush outside for us and waited until we got whatever the goods were and THEN attacked us when we left instead of following us in, trying to ally with us, and then running off with no idea what they're doing in the least." "But do WE have any idea where we're going?" Lei wondered. "Ah told you. The buzz in yer teeth should tell you the answer to that." Tokain interjected. "'e is roight. Moi teef been burnin' since we came up o' tat lator." Yuni added. "Now that you mention it. I feel it too." Lei said rubbing her jaw. "The Professor is like a bloodhound when it comes to stuff like that. Yer ShadowWalker should be a pretty good at hunting down stuff like that too." "I've found my share of rare and obviously strange objects that affect other objects in ways that is not natural to them." Nala said to Tokain's statement. She chuckled at Alrin's outburst. "Feisty. Didn't know if you were a mute or not since you haven't said one word since I woke up tonight." (OOC: You can always strike up a conversation with the Marines and Tokain or Kalama depending on which one is not actively puzzling out the temple. Right now i know there isn't much to do but you'll get the chance to fight some of Yorlonda's troops after we get through to the Vault.) "HELLO!" The Marines glanced at Kalama who had exclaimed something as he'd slapped at his neck. He pulled something to his face and suddenly started swaying. "OOOooooohhhHHH... MAHA trankky!" He suddenly stumbled drunkenly setting off numerous traps as he rolled, spun, flopped, slid, and tumbled his way around the room. It seemed to be pure luck the Matoran was not hit by any of the spikes, darts, flying sawblades, guillotines, spears, or any of the other sharp and dangerous objects due to his impaired movements. "KALAMA!" Maya and Kali tried to race off to help the Matoran when Tokain suddenly grabbed both of them and dragged them back behind him. "Not with that maelstrom active! You'll get sheered!" Kalama finally reached the end of the room and collapsed against the lever on the other side. It resisted at first before the Matoran's weight forced it down. The walls around them seemed to echo which mechanical devices being shut off. Tokain finally let Kali and Maya down and the Marines all rushed off across the room as Tokain steadily made his way through with the other three Toa. Maya tilted Kalama up. "Kalama can you hear me?" The Matoran's head lolled, his eyes were unfocused and flashing through different colors, "HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! The banana's are all sparkly!" He looked at his fingers and continued giggling. "Looks like some kind of psychotropic mind altering drug. He's hallucinating." "Hey! Pretty lady! Let's go to space and see the pepper bar on the MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!" Kalama laughed like this was the most hilarious thing he'd ever heard. "Can't you do something?" Kali demanded. "It doesn't look like he got that much. We'll have to wait until it wears off." "HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! You said look! OOOOooooh!! JELL-o!" He suddenly lurched upwards and pounced on Hotu licking her head. "AGGH! GET OFF ME!!!" "Brocky love you long time!" Tokain opened the door. "Well pick him up and let's keep moving." It took Kali and Juno to pry Kalama off Hotu. They carried him along as he was singing very loudly and off key "WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW SUBMARINE!!! YELLOW SUBMARINE! YELLOW SUBMARINE!" Tokain grinned at the next chamber. "We're almost there! I can feel it..." This one had a dark chasm smack in the middle of it. On the other side was rather large and ornate door. Lei whistled as she looked down the chasm. "How do we cross that?" "Maybe we should ask the floating specter over there?" Nuraka said sarcastically gesturing at a platform occupied by a ghostly apparition. "That's not a half bad idea Ma'am." The group stood before the shroud. The shroud exhaled sending a gust of wind at the group before speaking. "I AM THE BRIDGE KEEPER. TO PASS THIS BRIDGE YOU MUST PROVE YOUR WORTH. WHO WILL STEP FORWARD AND ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE?" "Hey! Hey shiny man! Shiny man! Why are you so shiny?" Kalama spoke up. "THE CHALLENGER HAS SPOKEN. STEP FORTH." Kali tightened her grip on Kalama. "Let 'im go little lady. If there's one thing you do not attempt to fight, It's spectral guardians. This one strikes me as one of those that doesn't 'lose' a fight to test challengers." Tokain advised her. "He's not going alone. I'm going up with him." Kali helped the Matoran before the specter. "WHAT IS THE SAME BACKWARDS AS IT IS FORWARDS?" It asked. "Go hang a salami! I'm a lasagna hog!" Kalama shouted at it. "CORRECT. WHAT IS THE FASTEST WAY TO A TOA'S HEART?" "Pohatuuuuu's FIST!" Kalama answered punching into the air. "CORRECT. YOU MAY PASS THE BRIDGE." It vanished. The two braziers on ether side of the platform were lit with a blue ghostly fire. In rapid succession a line of flames lit up in midair across the chasm. "Well that didn't help much." Nuraka muttered. "Now there's just floating fire." Kali helped Kalama up to the platform hoping in in his state he could help them in some way. He did. As soon as Kali lay him down to climb up on the platform. Kalama suddenly started log rolling toward the edge between the two flames. Kali watched horrified as he went over the edge... ...only to continue rolling along in mid-air singing "ROLLY!ROLLY!ROLLY!ROLLY!ROLLY!ROLLY!ROLLY!ROLLY!ROLLY!ROLLY!ROLLY!ROLLY!" Tokain chuckled. "A magic bridge. Should have expected that from a spectral guardian. Even tranqed the Professor knows how to roll. Hur! Hur! Hur! Hur!" Nobody else found it funny. Chasing their Commander across the bridge, the Marines found him on the other side face down unmoving. Tanuka had held on to Agarin's arm tightly, her eyes squeezed shut repeating to herself "I'm walking on a bridge. I'm walking on a bridge." as if trying to stave off some kind of fear while they crossed. The flames vanished as Tokain being the last member of the group stepped onto solid ground. The spectral guardian reappeared. "CHALLENGER, TO PASS THROUGH THIS DOOR YOU MUST FIRST ANSWER ME. WHAT IS THE GREATEST SOURCE OF POWER ALL POSSESS?" "My heeeaaaaad..." Kalama groaned not hearing the question. "CORRECT. YOU MAY ENTER THE VAULT." It vanished. The door opened... ------- TEMPLE OF WISDOM'S THE VAULTTEMPLE OF WISDOMPO-WAHI, 0116 HRS Entering the room, everyone looked around. The vault was on the large side, perfectly cubed. Four doors including the one they had entered in from. Ancient writing covered the walls.

  • Posted 2011-10-29 21:55:29 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • IC: Gunner Gunner had seen it all in the world, and this temple barely made his top 30 destinations. Sure there were traps and giant spiders and marines, but all and all it was pretty dull, and very confusing. 'Cap'n, I sure hope you know what you're doing here,' he said. -Void

  • Posted 2011-10-29 22:10:18 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: Kalama, you got flagged up for this before. You. Aren't. A. GM. My crew-members were simply a little unclear in their wording, which confused some of us temporarily. However, now that the issue has been resolved, you can't just wave your hand and say "they're somewhere else, they're under the influence of an illusion. You're not in charge of this game, Kalama. Deal with your opponents. Don't try and wish it all away. But this once, I think I have a solution. IC (Lohkar) Lohkar grinned as he stepped through the doorway, his teeth suddenly buzzing like Nui-Kopen. "Don't worry, mate," he said. "What's the worst that could - " Lohkar found himself in a square room, covered with archaic symbols written in an ancient hand. Opposite him, coming through the door in the opposite wall was none other that Kalama, and his Marine squad. "Ah," he said. Suddenly one of the other doors opened, and Raknar charged through it, axe held over his head and yelling a Skakdi battle-cry. Lohkar smiled and spread his arms to his crew-members. "Well, Raknar's fine."

  • Edited on 2011-10-29 22:25:37 by Ghosthands
  • Posted 2011-10-29 22:27:58 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • IC Yasurek: Yasurek stepped into the room with the rest of the crew. He watched Raknar enter from another entrance. He turned to Lohkar and asked, "Sir, I presume the previous permission to fight the marines is still in effect?" He drew his spears. OOC: I assume that Arzanyos will just enter the room on his own whenever his player is back online?

  • Edited on 2011-10-29 22:29:18 by pokemonlover360
  • Posted 2011-10-29 22:31:48 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • IC: Everything had happened oddly fast. All Arzanyos knew was that Lohkar and his crew were now in the room for real. Snickering, he dropped his illusion. "Well, that jig is up." he laughed, readying his mace. As it began to sing it's deadly song, he offered a courtesy to Kalama. "Your move, matoran."

  • Posted 2011-10-29 22:35:18 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • IC (Lohkar) Lohkar sighed. "What permission was that, exactly?" he asked. "I don't believe I said anythin' about that." OOC: Lohkar was deliberately vague earlier, by the way. They don't call him "The Lohrak" for nothing ;)

  • Posted 2011-10-29 22:51:25 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: Then keep your hands off my cut scenes and don't complain when you get hit. I didn't invite you, you invited yourselves. IC: Tokain grabbed Raknar in mid-charge and flipped him sending him through the air to the feet of his crewmates. "How about you ALL DROP YOUR WEAPONS?" A cold female voice sounded from behind the pirates. Yorlonda stood there calm as you please her men ready to tear apart the first person to disobey her demand. Kalama eyed the group as Kali supported him. "And why should we?" Kalama asked. "Because I'll flatten ya if you don't... Professor..." The heavy blade rested on Kalama's back. "You son of a searag..." Kali hissed at Tokain. Yorlonda burst out laughing as she passed through the pirates. "Oh I must thank you Kalama. Without your assistance, Tokain never would have been able to get inside and disable the locks on the outer doors letting me in. I have to say..." She pulled out a book from a sack and waved it in front of Kalama's face. "Without this, we probably never would have even found this place." "So there were no Onu-Koroan Archivists involved." Kalama said. "Oh there were. Only I kidnapped them. When they couldn't get into the temple I let them go and approached Tokain with an offer. They gave him an offer to keep the Kanohi out of my hands." Tokain shrugged. "You know the saying Professor, Getting paid is nice..." "...but so is getting paid twice. So it was the money." Kalama chuckled. "So who paid first?" "The archivists of course. Which reminds me. He's here so where's the money Yorlonda?" Yorlonda snapped her fingers and a Matoran came running forward laden with bags he plucked one from the mass and handed it to Tokain. "Full payment as promised." "Pleasure doin' business." "Now I believe I made a demand?" "Drop 'em Marines." "WHAT?!?!" Kali shrieked in his ear. "DISARM HELM MAJOR! THAT'S AN ORDER!" Reluctantly the Marines let their weapons hit the ground. "You had better got a plan Kalama..." Nuraka growled. Kalama winked at her. Yorlonda turned to the pirate group. "You too or you can leave. Or I'll have my men kill you where you stand. I don't want any unknowns running amok."

  • Posted 2011-10-29 23:03:58 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: Wait, I thought we were roleplaying to the point after Raknar charged? You know, when he was firing his zamor launcher?IC (Po-Wahi, Temple of Wisdom):Raknar picked himself up, acting surprisingly nonchalant for a Skakdi who'd just been flipped over someone's shoulder like a Matoran. The truth was, he'd been in plenty of situations where higher-ups had ordered him to stand down, cease fire, desist -- whatever. He had developed a sort of numbness for authority, and though he was willing to bend that rule for Lohkar, a lady? Heck no."With all due respect, m'Lady," he began, shoving as much sarcasm into respect as possible, "we aren't yours t' command." He glanced over Yorlonda's men; strong, certainly, but there were no Skakdi, and that would make all the difference. "Now, if you'll drop your weapons an' let us go free, we won't fight ya." He hefted his axe in his left hand and his zamor launcher in his right.

  • Posted 2011-10-29 23:08:23 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • IC (Lohkar) Lohkar cuffed Raknar around the head with one hand. "Put it away," he said, gesturing to the axe. "You'll notice my sword is very happily restin' in its scabbard," Lohkar said smoothly to Yorlonda. "An as you can see, I 'eld up the Marines long enough. I believe you mentioned treasure." He walked across to the wall, his finger tracing the letters carved into it. "But it seems we currently 'ave the problem of gettin' into the main vault chamber, an' unless you can read this gibberish, we've got a problem there. Then again, no doubt, someone 'ere's an 'istorian an' will be able ta translate."

  • Posted 2011-10-29 23:11:29 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • IC: Arzanyos kept spinning his mace, slowly, letting gravity do the work. "Drop our weapons and we can go?" he said, his tone mocking. "We're not stupid." The lightning toa was taut, ready for a fight. But then he heard Lohkar's orders. He let his mace fall, but got in one last verbal jab, deliberately mishearing the threat. "Oh don't worry. I'll gladly kill you where you stand with my weapons on the ground."

  • Posted 2011-10-29 23:22:44 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: Kalama, who gave you the right to autohit?IC - Kiox - With the crewThe Toa of water simply sheathed his weapons, defiantly refusing to drop them. While he saw no reason to fight, she wasn't going to order him around."Lohkar, I advise against taking action."

  • Posted 2011-10-29 23:59:12 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • IC: Gunner Gunner sneered and said, 'Ma'am, if I weren't drunk, one of us would be dead. Don't actually know who, but one of us. As it is...' He trailed off and dropped his sword on the ground with a loud CLUNK! 'One of us is going to be very uncomfortable in the morning.' -Void

  • Posted 2011-10-30 00:23:30 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: Kalama, I am utterly lost and when I try to post, I feel like I can't do anything because it might conflict with everything that you've already PLANNED out. You can really take the fun out of this game sometimes. Please tak what everyone is saying into consideration. Kalama DOES seem a little over-powered sometimes. IC(Delarix): Delarix stood beside Gunner, his sword drawn. He was ready for a good fight. OOC: By the way, what IS going on? I'm practically lost here.

  • Posted 2011-10-30 01:33:19 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: Didn't I JUST say NO COMPLAINING? For those of you who were invited to come along(which was only two of you and you know who), I apologize. I intended to include you more often but events have forced me to speed this along and terminate it prematurely and rather hastily. To those of those of you who FORCED yourselves into the plot in a rather rude manner and disrupt events, I don't want to hear any complaining. You were not planned for and were never meant to be included. Now if you had ASKED before thrusting yourselves into events, i would have been able to more seamlessly integrate you without issue and would have happily done so to prevent the rather nasty pile up you threw in my path. I may not be a GM but this is MY storyline and I WILL terminate it on a moments notice WITHOUT WARNING! *arms the self-destruct button* NEXT TIME. ASK. There is no harm in doing so and it prevents messy situations like the one you just created. IC: Yorlonda rolled her eyes. "I almost pity you Kalama for having to put up with such uneducated barbarians." "Believe me I'm curious as to why you would even strike a deal with them. We both know they're not much worth." "So true. I believe I said something about having a choice about dropping their weapons or leaving. Boulder could you tell me what I said?" "I believe Mi'lady you said they could ether drop their weapons OR leave. OR we kill them." "Nowhere in there did I say anything about dropping their weapons AND leaving them?" "No Mi'lady." Yorlonda tsked. "Boulder, Tokain, if I don't hear the sound of ether weapons hitting the ground or feet walking away in the next 5 seconds, feel free to kill them." "Yes Mi'lady." "I get paid for the bodies right? Our deal was only for delivering the multicolored brat." "Only if they don't comply and you live." "Oh I'll live." "Boulder I'm still not hearing any weapons hitting the ground. Disarm them yourself if you have to." Yorlonda gestured. The archivist was brought forward. Yorlonda turned to the one remaining door. "Well?" She said. "Get it open." The Archivist nervously examined the door. Yorlonda tapped her foot impatiently. "Well?" "I-I-I can't read it." Her eyes narrowed dangerously. "You. Can't. Read. It?" "N-n-n-no." Yorlonda looked around before her eyes rested on Tanuka. "I know you. Your that scholar aren't you? From the Academy?" "Y-yes?" "You can read this can't you?" "Um... well... I haven't gotten a chance to really look at it..." "Then read the bit behind you!" Tanuka turned slowly doing what she was told. "Well?" "I can read a little bit... yes I'm sure I can translate most of it." Yorlonda grinned. "Splendid! Retire the Archivist." "No! No wait PLEAS-!" A Matoran gutted the unfortunate soul. "Thank you... whoever you are... you! Academy Toa! Open that door for me!" Tanuka nervously approached the door and started reading. Kalama looked at the pirate who had quietly approached him and asked for his forgiveness. "You wanna live?" He asked. "Keep your head down and run the first chance you get. I'll probably be too busy doing the same to really bother you." What seemed like minutes later with Tanuka's mouth flowing around words that didn't make any sense, Yorlonda finally had enough. "Well?" "This... this is amazing!" Tanuka gesture to the room. "All of it! It's words from a Great Spirit itself! Listen to this! I have been tasked to create two guardians for the primary processor. They will be my finest work! Years later he writes, These two Toa will be a bonded pair. One given the gift of Courage, the other the gift of Knowledge. The one with courage will be placed in golden armor and will be a fierce warrior. I shall call him Valor. His bonded Toa companion, the one with knowledge will be given armor of a silver sheen and she will be a wise thinker. She shall be Wisdom." Tanuka moved to another part of the wall. "I have finished work on the Blood Kanohi. These Kanohi are very powerful though not anywhere close as powerful as those my brothers have created to simulate Life, Time, and Creation. To prevent them from being taken they have been linked to the bio-signatures of my Toa. Once bonded they cannot be removed and can only be used by those they are bonded to the blood to. Hence the term 'Blood' Kanohi." Tanuka shifted and brushed the dust off the wall. "I can hear them... they are not alive and yet I can hear them! I came in to check on the noises and heard Wisdom talking with Valor! Their souls... I must be hearing their souls! I... I need to find an Elda! Later he goes on to write, I talked with them today. Wisdom is a very bright girl. She'd already figured out what they were being created for. Valor seemed excited at the prospect of doing something of great honor. Both of them were very happy when I chatted with them. They'd been watching me since i had created the Blood Kanohi. Drawn to the essence of the masks from my mind of how I imagined them to be." Tanuka shifted. "They keep me company while I work on producing the physical forms they will inhabit. It's very difficult work as they need to be specialized unlike the other Toa in order to handle the power of the Blood Kanohi as they will never be able to take them off. Wisdom has been very helpful in making the necessary adjustments and Valor has volenteered to test them despite the danger. He is every bit the couragous scamp I could hope for! They called me Father today... I don't know why but... it makes me happy when they do that..." Tanuka scanned over part of the wall. "We have finished construction on the Temples and Suva's today for Wisdom and Valor. They were estatic, scampering throught the temples exploring them. it brightened my day to see them like this. They provided so much cheer which I needed. The others have activated their superweapon in an attempt to stop the Core Wars. Valor went on to brag about how they wouldn need it once he was completed as he would strike down any who challanged him. Wisdom however when she saw it looked at me with a very melancholy look and said 'They're not going to work are they Father? No they aren't going to work at all. You won't be able to stop them.' I couldn't bear to see Wisdom look at me like that..." Tanuka dusted off the next section. "Wisdom's prediction turned out to be right. The superweapon's failsafe well... failed. It now runs rampant across the planet making things worse. I have doubled my efforts to finish the bodies for my children..." Tanuka paused at the door having made her way around the room. The last one seemed to cause her to go into shock. "Tanuka?" "Tanuka is everything alright?" "Hurry up welp! Read it!" She felt a hand on her leg. Kalama had come over and gave her a reasuring look. "It's alright Tanuka. Read it." Nodding she swallowed and read the final inscription. "I... I killed them... all my work... everything... gone... and... the looks they gave me... i can't stand it... After we lost control of the superweapon, the others started wondering if they gave the Toa too much power... they kept talking about 'risks' and 'reprogramming'. What do they know? The Toa are just as alive as we are! They have souls! I've talked to them! I've become their Father! They... they came to me and said they'd outsorced the post my children would have protected to some Glatorian. They told me I would have to destory my work! I would have to destory the bodies and hide the Kanohi! I... I would have to kill them... The looks... the looks they gave me... I disposed of the bodies and hid the Kanohi as instructed. Wisdom... she... she just looked at me with... understanding! She wasn't happy but... I wanted... nether of them were upset or anything! Valor just looked on bravely as his body was taken apart. Wisdom helped me hide the Kanohi in the temples." Tanuka paused to wipe away tears before finishing. "I'm very grateful I was the one to destroy them though. The others... they're build another superweapon. This one to destroy all Toa should the Toa turn on those they were ment to protect. I couldn't bear to see my little ones torn apart by that... thing! When this is over... when I've finished destroying it... I'll join them... I'll join my children." Tanuka was openly crying at this point. "Mata-Nui... he... he must have... taken his own life." "Oh boo-hoo! This does not help me get the Kanohi! OPEN THE DOOR!" Yorlonda was getting more agitated by the second. "Hey. It's alright Tanuka. You can do this." Tanuka nodded and steadied herself before turning to the door. Reading the inscription once she took a breath and commanded: "Em to nepO, em hTIw hTe fTig ened legnowk to ebemoc eht rebaer fo KARTAYL!" At first nothing happened. Slowly the sound of locks undoing trickled like water picking up speed as they went down. The doors opened. And before them was the Suva of the Toa of Wisdom. Untouched, unworn by it's mistress, floating above the platform was the Blood Kanohi Kartayl, The Great Mask of Knowledge.

  • Edited on 2011-10-30 04:23:53 by Kalama and Ta Rahkshi
  • Posted 2011-10-30 01:40:50 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: Ah, forget what I said here. It was rude, and uncivil.

  • Edited on 2011-10-30 02:11:06 by The King of No Isles
  • Posted 2011-10-30 02:07:37 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: Mata Nui what a mess we are in. Listen Kalama is angry because he apparently he didn't invite you to follow him on his own subplot (with what I would call the main plot is the overreaching story, with the clues and stuff). Rather it seems he thinks you follow him, and continued and continued to do so. He never intended for you to enter his plot. Once again this is my interpretation of this debacle. It seems to me, he wanted to do his own plot, and he was accommodating for your characters to show up, but then you blaze over everything he sets up and take all the fun out of it for him. Of course he's going to be a little miffed about it. He didn't ask you to follow him around. Though I am not saying your complaints are without reason. IC: Alrin's mouth was agape as he looked inside the Suva, it was amazing beautiful. The story it had touched him, but it had also touched a nerve, the shackles of Scurra were shattering. OOC: The problem Kalama is you honestly do come off with this big ego about your characters. Your marines are great characters I love them, but it does feel like you stretch their abilities too far, especially given the fact that they are matoran.

  • Edited on 2011-10-30 02:24:47 by The Mask
  • Posted 2011-10-30 02:32:06 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: Here is what I call a time hiccup. Can I request slight lenience and say this happened in between two events in your post?IC - Kiox - TempleHe hardly flinched at the cruel slaughter of the historian. It didn't phase him. Seeing one of he pegged as the leader, he pulled him aside to speak in quiet tonesThey were in quite a fine mess (thank you very much, Lohkar) and he knew only one way to turn enemies away without being harmed.Make them your friends."I'm terribly sorry for the manor and actions of my crew mates. Excuse us, we are indeed pirates. Our deeds are unnacceptablee, but if you'll indeed forgive us, I'll be glad to repay you for the trouble we've caused." Shortly after their conversation, another marine began reading off of a wall.

  • Posted 2011-10-30 02:34:29 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: Didn't I JUST say NO COMPLAINING? For those of you who were invited to come along(which was only two of you and you know who), I apologize. I intended to include you more often but events have forced me to speed this along and terminate it prematurely and rather hastily. To those of those of you who FORCED yourselves into the plot in a rather rude manner and disrupt events, I don't want to hear any complaining. You were not planned for and were never meant to be included. Now if you had ASKED before thrusting yourselves into events, i would have been able to more seamlessly integrate you without issue and would have happily done so to prevent the rather nasty pile up you threw in my path. I may not be a GM but this is MY storyline and I WILL terminate it on a moments notice WITHOUT WARNING! *arms the self-destruct button* NEXT TIME. ASK. There is no harm in doing so and it prevents messy situations like the one you just created.

    OOC: Two things:1. You never did say that this was a preplanned story. You didn't have any objections when we first joined -- you should've voiced your concerns then, instead of waiting.2. This is an online TBRPG. Translation: There will be outside interaction, and it will change the direction of your story. If you don't want anyone messing up your story, post it in the Library forum. Otherwise, you shouldn't be complaining, either.I don't want the staff to put to rest what seems to be a good story thus far, so please, let's just continue in normal roleplaying fashion and not argue any more. No enemies here. Well, no enemies except in-character ones.IC (Po-Wahi, Temple of Wisdom, Inner Chamber):At this point, Raknar was majorly ticked off.He was being ordered around, not just by his Lesterin rival Lohkar, but by Lady Yorlonda. Skakdi were averse to authority by nature; Raknar was no exception. Caught between his will to go berserk and the threat of dying, his mind writhed in agony.But on the outside, he was cool as Ko-Wahi. He slipped his zamor launcher onto his belt and waited calmly, patiently even, if such a word could apply to a Skakdi, as the Matoran scholar translated the text to her Lady Yorlonda.The scholar sobbed suddenly after finishing the last of the translation. "Mata-Nui... he... he must have... taken his own life.""Oh, boo-hoo!" Yorlonda, obviously, was impatient. As impatient as Raknar was on the inside. "This does not help me get the Kanohi! OPEN THE DOOR!"The scholar steeled herself, blinking hard, then stepping forward. She glanced hard at the runes, took a deep breath--The words she shouted landed on Raknar's ears like empty air. They were nonsense, gibberish. For a moment Raknar thought she had lost her mind.Then, with a rumble and a crreeeaaak, the doors opened. Just inside? A Toa suva. Floating above it? An odd Kanohi, hanging in midair with nothing to support it. It didn't move; it seemed frozen in time. An untouched relic from years past, deserving of careful handling.Unfortunately for Yorlonda, Raknar was not careful.He didn't know what happened, only that as the door opened his anger had intensified until he had closed his eyes in anguish. The next instant, he opened his eyes and found himself through the door. At this point he didn't care about traps, didn't care about his own life, didn't care about darn near anything except getting someone mad.In short, he felt trapped; and when a Skakdi feels trapped, he wants to fight.Of their own accord, his hands reached out to grab the Kanohi. "Don't hurt me," he shouted, "or this'll go with me!"

  • Edited on 2011-10-30 02:37:39 by Legolover-361
  • Posted 2011-10-30 02:53:32 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • Ic(Agarin): Agarin just stood back. Glatorian? Core War? What was going on. He saw the skakdi Raknar begin to move forward. He knew what happened when a skakdi was backed into a corner. His dad always used to tell him about it. He promptly moved forward and moved Tanuka out of the way, then did the same thing with the marines as Raknar made the threat of taking the mask with him. OOC: So, just to clarify, Yorlonda had everyone cornered and now Raknar is threatning to take the mask with him? So who's on who's side?

  • Posted 2011-10-30 04:00:07 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: There are three levels of character in story development. God, Mortal, and Demi-god. The term of God belongs to beings who are of course, super powered, they require no effort to do anything and literally shape the world around them. Mortals are the nameless ones. Those that have no interesting destines and are throwaways. They are the faceless crowds you see but don't know their names. Then there are the Demi-gods, nether Godly nor Mortal but are a blend of both. Their natural abilities are greater than that of their Mortal counterparts but they will never surpass a God. If we were to equate values to these beings then Mortals would rank at a 5. Gods, a natural 10. Demi-gods rank anywhere from 6-9 depending on how much they're in their comfort zone. Protagonists (player characters) are by nature, Demi-gods. They are the Deus Ex Machinima's. While a nameless Matoran would have no chance against say, Tahu, the minute I turn them into a character such as Kali, they now have a fighting chance. Will she actually win? Maybe, depends on the story but more than likely 9 times out of 10, Tahu is going to beat her senseless. Still she'll make him work harder for it than she would if she were "Just that Matoran". In other words your complaints about Kalama being more than just a simple Matoran warm my heart since that means he's right where he needs to be and I thank you for that input. He's the hero of his own story and until the story says so, he will never die. And even when he does, then he becomes a Legend. After all, normal people just become statistics. Not immortalized by tales of their normalness. Right now there's three factions in the room, Yorlonda and her troops, Kalama and his Marines along with those that came with him, and Lohkar and his pirates since nether Yorlonda nor Kalama consider them allies. His reputation precedes and works against him here. Yorlonda has numbers superiority while Kalama has the better trained troops. Lohkar and his pirates are considered wild cards since while they are a single unit, pirates are not the most cooperative by nature bound only by loose guidelines meaning Lohkar's faction may suddenly split at any given time with each pirate a faction to themselves. They also have the element of surprise if used correctly. IC: A bubble of energy suddenly shimmered around the mask protectively before shocking the Skakdi. The occupants of the room watched as he was sent flying across it. Yorlonda clicked her tongue. "You didn't seriously think something that powerful would just be sitting around defenseless would you?" She walked past where Kalama and Tanuka had dove out of the way up the pedestal. She stared into the eye holes of the mask. The empty holes of the silver Miru shaped Blood Kanohi stared back. "You're coming with me one way or another Kartayl." The Kanohi just floated. As Yorlonda proceeded to have a staring match with the Kanohi, Kalama led Tanuka back toward their group. "So Tokain." The Matoran looked up at the Toa. "Do you still keep to your word of finishing a job?" "I've never broken that word before Professor, you know that. That's why I split after that last job." Kalama chuckled. "You never did tell me why." Tokain grinned. "I had a hot date and didn't want to be late." Then he frowned. "Shame she turned out to be a real ice queen." Kalama burst out laughing. "That's just like you Tokain." He glanced at Yorlonda. "That's just like you." "Commander a word if you please?" The Marines did not look happy. "Pardon me Tokain. I have my own hot dates to attend to." Marching over he found himself surrounded by 7 very upset Ghekula's. Not where any sane Matoran wanted to find himself. "What?" He demanded crossing his arms. "Have you gone MAD?" Lei hissed at him. "What are you thinking just handing over the mask like that!?!" "I say we take up arms and take them all right now! There's only 50 or so!" "How do we get the Mask?" "Why did Tokain turn on us?" "How are we getting out of here?" "If all of you don't shut your airsuckers right now I am busting each and every last one of you back to Private!" Kalama snarled getting their attention. He took a steadying breath. "Now. For now bide your time. I have an exit stratagy. We just need to get our hands on the Mask first. Don't worry about Tokain. He's a moot issue right now." He looked up to see Tokain leaning over the circle trying to hear Kalama. "A little privacy please? Marines only." Tokain grinned and left them to the devices. "I've already spoken with Tokain and he's confirmed we're cleared for a 'Falling Towards the Sky' exit stratagy." "I thought he wasn't-" "OF COURSE you would think that. You don't know Tokain like I do Kali. We've worked together just like I've worked with the rest of you. We have those little 'in' codes and nuisances between us that we, Kalama's Raiders, have amongst each other that allow us to swap information without anyone else knowing." He glanced at Nala, "Let the Toa know about 'Falling Toward the Sky'. The rest of you, stay frosty. Launch commences once we have the package secure." The Marines seemed to relax a little, reassured that their Commander had control of the situation. "Acadamy wench! Get over here!" Tanuka jumped and glanced at Agarin and Kalama. Kalama nodded and followed Tanuka as she approached the more irate Yorlonda. Yorlonda pointed at the inscription on the pedistal, "Read it!" She commanded. Tanuka gently brushed off the dust. Her mouth moving silently over the words. "Out loud!" "I'm sorry! I was just translating!" Yorlonda struck Tanuka over the head. She fended off the blow yelling, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" "Striking Tanuka is not going to get you your mask any faster." Kalama said evenly. Yorlonda bore down on the Matoran. "What do you know whelp!" She snarled. Kalama met the burning glare with a cold uninterested stare. "She can't focus on the words if you're hitting her like that which will slow down the process. Have some patience..." "I WANT THE KANOHI!!!" "I'm sure you do Yorlonda but throwing a tantrum isn't going to get you what you want this time." Oh how he would regret the irony of those words later... Without breaking eyecontact Kalama said calmly to Tanuka, "Translate the inscription." Nervously Tanuka turned not wanting to give Yorlonda the chance to strike her again. Yorlonda however was locking in a staring match with the Matoran keeping her from turning on the Toa again. Shakily she turned back around to find that nether of them had moved an inch. Had they not moved the entire time? "What did it say?" Kalama asked calmly despite the size of his opponet that should have been intimidating him. "It-it-it said only that with true Wisdom will be allowed to remove the Kartayl." One side of Kalama's mouth curled into a smile. "Well it looks like nether of us is walking away with that Kanohi. If the story is anything to go by, only WIsdom can touch that Kanohi. And since she isn't here, I'd say we're out of luck." Yorlonda screamed and grabbed up the Matoran by the throat. "GURK!" She hurled him at the bubble of energy hoping the ricochet would be enought to kill the Matoran. Kalama braced himself expecting the shock and feeling of flying foward into a wall. instead he felt the cold metal of something at his back as he continued to fly backward into the rear wall. Clattering to the floor he shook himself off to realize everyone in the room was standing in shock. Kalama glanced at the floor curious as to what every one was staring at when he saw it too. "Well... that was unexpected." The Kartayl shimmered innocently on the floor free of protection. Chaos decended on the room. Kalama pounced on the Mask grabbing it and rolling out of the way just as Yorlonda went to hit him with a water blast. Tanuka leaped up and shoved the other Toa of Water off the platform. "GET THE KARTAYL!" Yorlonda screamed at her men retailating at Tanuka before drawing the scythe attached to her back. "PROTECT THE COMMANDER!" Kali barked snatching up her blades from the floor and lauching herself at the nearest goon. The Marines quickly snatched up arms and engaged their Renegades opponets. Kalama ran around the Suva only to run headlong into a furious Yorlonda. "WHOA!" he ducked the scythe narrowly avoiding getting tripped up by the butt of it as Yorlonda attemped to sweep it under him. "Kalama!" Hotu shouted as she and Juno flung his large shields like discs in his direction. Yorlonda attemped to cleave him in two. The matoran leaped clear over her, flipping in mid-air before catching his shields and landing, twisting just in time to swat away the scythe as Yorlonda attemped to claim his head. Lei and her opponet bounced on their feet facing for each other before leaping at each other at the same time. Lei gained the upper hand with her greater height and thumped him over the head. He landed heavily but recovered quickly lashing at Lei with a high kick as she came down sending her flying backward sightly. Lei's chain fished out wrapping around the arm of the Matoran and quickly jerking him over to her as she landed. She got in several quick body shots before flipping the Matoran over her back. Now back to back, Lei and the Matoran mirrored the direction they were going striking and blocking as they went before rasing up opposite feet and kicking each other in the back. Stumbling they recovered and turned only to come at each other once again. Juno fended off two the Toa as they swung both their blades at her. knocking them away with two quick flourished she leaped up and smashed the Toa's head together before headbutting them. They collasped but only dazed. As Juno landed she jammed the sword under her armpit spearing and killing a Matoran that has tried to attack her from behind. As the Toa tried to regain their footing she smashed them both in the face with an elbow before flipping a charging Matoran over her shoulder. Hotu picked up speed, leaped throught he air and hit three Toa in the head with a single punch before she bounced off the Hau of a Toa of Ice. The ice Toa flash froze the strongwoman but this cage lasted shortly as Nuraka blasted it with her wielding laser slightly singeing her sister Marine. Hotu didn't look happy with the rescue but grunted her thanks as Nuraka blasted the frosty Toa.

  • Posted 2011-10-30 04:31:15 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • IC: Arzanyos maneuvered deftly through the brawl. His spear was always moving, deflecting attacks. He had but one objective in mind, and now, as he stood over the Kartayl, it had come to fruition. "If you don't mind, I'll be taking this." he said, bending to scoop up the mask. "but first, to deal with you troubles." Arzanyos straightened, and pointed his spear at the crowd. It's tip glowed blue for a few seconds, then a bolt of chain lightning shot from it.

  • Posted 2011-10-30 04:53:05 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: Good thing I didn't take up that bet with LL, I'd owe him 20 dollars if I did. Then again betting that there wouldn't be a forcefield there because Raknar decided to mess with the mask that would likely have otherwise gone unmentioned would be a pretty stupid move, seeing how things have been playing out Anywho, iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiintroducing... Taikunsa Nakhran! IC: A hooded Toa walked through the sandy dunes of Po-Wahi, his indigo cloak shielding him from the beating sun. In his gloved hands, he held a rough, weathered piece of parchment, one he seemed to be staring at with intense concentration, annoyance evident even with his eyes hidden beneath the shadows of his hood. With a growl, the map was crumpled to paper in his fist, and tossed aside, floating slightly as it caught the wind. "I knew I never should have asked for directions from him. That numbskull Toa of Plasma, I'd have gotten to Po-Koro by now if I didn't follow that insane map!" he said, whirling towards the crumpled piece of parchment and firing a bolt of intense white lightning, instantly reducing the map to charred ashes and smoke. "Good riddance," he muttered, reaching for a flask of water at his hip. Taking a small drink, he continued on. "The thing'd probably get someone killed if they tried to follow it..." he finished under his breath, reaching the peak of a particularly large dune. Gazing down he saw a few dozen more meters of sand, which eventually gave way to water. The coastline, good. If I follow it for long enough, I should be able to find something... And so, Taikunsa began to walk again, stride by steady stride, a somewhat more definite course now set. OOC: Heh, Cipher's so bad with directions he gets other people lost.

  • Edited on 2011-10-30 04:56:29 by Razgriz 1
  • Posted 2011-10-30 04:54:13 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • OOC: Woah. Lot has happened. And you guys seem to be quite confused about the story yourselves. IC (Alex, in Syyge's body, Temple of Wisdom): As soon as Alex saw the battle for a mask - named Kartayl? - he shut off Syyge's Iden and returned to the body. He was in the room with the platforms. He passed the room and arrived into the room with the dead spider. After that room was the one where Agarin had performed to some statues. Alex was no performer, but fortunately the way had been cleared for him. He went through and found himself in the room where the battle raged. Kalama, Yorlonda and Lohkar all had their crew's here and all wanted to have the shiny mask. The mask that was about to be Alex's. However, Alex was no fool. He would not challenge so many opponents. So he stood back and waited, watching the battle.

  • Posted 2011-10-30 05:05:18 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • Boulder grabbed one of Yorlonda's Matoran minions and flung the sacrificial projectile at Arzanyos knocking his shot upwards into the ceiling. He followed this up by tackling the Toa to the ground wrestling for control of the Kartayl. Kalama glanced over, confused, wondering how the devil he'd lost the mask. However he didn't give it much pause as he was forced to re-concentrate on not getting sent flying by another one of Yorlonda's water blasts. Yuni joined the now three way fight for the Blood Kanohi, her frying pan finding it's mark against Boulder's temple. The meat cleaver screeching as it cut at Arzanyos's armor. The Kartayl went skittering lose from the fray. A Matoran from Yorlonda's group snatched it up and tried to run... Only he ran smack into Maya. Maya countered his cutlass and the two dueled before Maya spun around smashing the butt of her spear against the Matoran's face. The action sent the Kartayl flying through the air.

  • Posted 2011-10-30 05:17:15 UTC
    Go to this post on BZPower
  • IC - Kiox - Po-Koro"Lohkar!" he shouted, "We'd better get out! The mask can't be worth all this!"He brought his sword down to slice through one of Yorlanda's troop's shoulder. It wasn't deep enough to kill, only to disarm and take down the Matoran.(OOC: Before I take this guy as a prisoner, Yolanda's troops aren't like the marines, they are nameless and killable/takeable?