Bzprpg News And Discussion

N&D
A banner for the topic
  • Posted 2011-10-18 01:04:27 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • We're playing things differently this time around. Needless to say it should be more interesting for everyone than the last incarnation was. Though that does beg the question -- when exactly are we expecting to get the group rolling, anyway? :P

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 01:22:04 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • No idea, but I can say that I'm only just staring the character development for who will eventually be known as Lust.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 01:29:07 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • So, er, where exactly are the Daedra? I see someone that I think is Sloth but I don't see any others. :w:

Well I'd simply love to bring back Hope, but it'll be hard to work Despair in, given that her other half was created via Xa-kuta magic, which has been entirely removed from the game, meaning I'll need to change revise her profile. Maybe the user who controlled Despair (Shadok I believe,) can help me come up with something (though we could try having them as separate characters, which should make their meeting, interesting.)

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 01:37:40 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Good to see you missed me. I can see Friar shaking his head going "oh, no."

*shakes head* Oh NO. *walks away*

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 01:39:51 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Well, if it makes you feel any better I'm playing an easily-duped Matoran and a merc this time around. Decided to experiment a bit. :w:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 01:58:45 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • And I'm playing as a wannabe hero and a disembodied spirit. Experimenting at it's finest huzzah!!!

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 02:21:10 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • And I'm playing as a... as a... Nevermind, no experimenting happening here.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 02:22:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I've got an insane Dragon hunter based on a book character who fought windmills. Is that experimental enough?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 02:59:40 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • NO DON QUIXOTE FOR YOU! On an unrelated, and completely unabashed, topic... DO YOU SMELL POPCORN??? If not, check out my BLOG. Thanks! All angry words of hate, disdain and comedy are welcome in the comments section.. As well as thoughts, meams, mimes, and torture devices such as high-heels.

• Edited on 2011-10-18 03:34:21 by Kughii
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 03:50:25 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I'm playing as two completely one-dimensional archetypes. Innovation!

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 04:03:18 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I'm kinda surprised, actually. I'd think they'd be back up and running ASAP.

We're heading the way of increased character development this time, so it'll take a little longer than last time to get up to ramming speed. :)

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 04:11:12 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Ah. Well, when you do, I'll be keeping tabs. The Daedra are waaay too tempting to keep my hands off of. :w:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 04:36:52 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Anyone know a good place for me to start Ara'kas out?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 04:42:49 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I have a new character, Toa of lightning, master of weapons and martial arts, anyone interested?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 04:44:01 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • To those looking for interaction, I do have a snowglobe enthusiast wandering about in the Kumu-Islets if such a person would be of interest.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 04:48:37 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • How would one greet a snow globe enthusiast?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 04:49:37 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • "Hi" usually works quite well. Other than that, it doesn't really matter.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 04:52:13 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • What I mean, is that my character usually keeps to himself. Is there anything going on to attract attention?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 04:58:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Well for quieter, more introverted characters, there's always accidentally bumping into someone. It's one way to provoke interaction between characters without really saying anything, which keeps to the introverted personality.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 05:01:24 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OR.. you could attempt to marry the amazing character that Spink has, once again, created in majestic modesty. I would, if I was playing as a girl AGAIN...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 05:09:05 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Hmm... Not the marrying type. Decided on Kumu Islets, where he stumbles into the alley where Spink's character is, and it goes downhill from there.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 05:20:37 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I'm playing as a lazy Toa who won't use either of his powers, a Toa who's really bad at using his powers, has a broken mask of repair and a soft spot for kittens, and an Archivist who might be able to beat up a small ussal if he got really mad at it.Quite a switch from my generic overpowered-martial-arts-master-stealth-assassin-revenge-driven-emo-punk-with-mental-issues that I used in the last game I played. Fighting just gets boring so it's nice to force myself to play otherwise.Also, irrelevant question that nobody will care about: is the ever-popular three-way arena spectator sport around at this time? I thought only Koli existed, since Kolhii was introduced with the '03 Matoran upgrades, and since we've established that the Bohrok haven't been awakened, ergo no upgrade...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 05:39:28 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I've been thinking of making a Hipster Toa."I don't use elemental powers because they are SO main stream.

• Edited on 2011-10-18 05:42:53 by The True Zedd of Ponypower
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 05:45:27 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I was a user of powers before everybody got them. -Snipe

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 06:27:38 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • And I have finally made my first post. Feels good to be RPing again! Oh how I've missed it. newso1.png

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 08:47:14 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I'm playing as a lazy Toa who won't use either of his powers, a Toa who's really bad at using his powers, has a broken mask of repair and a soft spot for kittens, and an Archivist who might be able to beat up a small ussal if he got really mad at it. Quite a switch from my generic overpowered-martial-arts-master-stealth-assassin-revenge-driven-emo-punk-with-mental-issues that I used in the last game I played. Fighting just gets boring so it's nice to force myself to play otherwise. Also, irrelevant question that nobody will care about: is the ever-popular three-way arena spectator sport around at this time? I thought only Koli existed, since Kolhii was introduced with the '03 Matoran upgrades, and since we've established that the Bohrok haven't been awakened, ergo no upgrade...

Yes, we're playing Kolhii as well as Koli, and we know it's allowed because Joske is the main one doind it XD I think, for reasons unrevealed, we're allowed to be 01- or 03-build.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 11:28:38 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Sorry to anyone that was RPing with me. I didn't show up at all yesterday because it was my birthday and I was celebrating with my family. I'll be back later today. ^_^

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 11:43:29 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I've got an insane Dragon hunter based on a book character who fought windmills. Is that experimental enough?

I prefer people that get beat up all hte time, oh wait, thats what your character is >:D jk, i prefer matoran, but i experimented with a turaga, and turagas can be rich easily :br: i feel like toa makes you too powerful, look at my point. in ta-koro, look at all the toa fighting there?did i see any matoran fighting? no.Did i see any turaga fighting? no.and, your less likely to be assasinated. I mean, who would assasinate or attack a carpender? or a turaga with 6 toa st- uh, nevermind. and how does a toa stone work? do you have to insert it into your koro's suva( like in legends of metru nui)? or do you have to say some cheesy power rangers line, etc.?

• Edited on 2011-10-18 11:49:39 by bulik
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 14:50:42 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • If I'm not mistaken and the old rules stay fast, toa stones have no place in this RPG.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 14:59:31 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • What? but it mentions toa stones in the common sense thing

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 15:03:25 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • It did earlier in the year, too, when toa stones were forbidden directly. My bet is they're still off-limits and only given out as a reward.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 15:08:48 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • huh, i thought a turaga could have them by (in the turaga's backstory) giving up his/her toa powers to make toa stones (like what Lhikan did in legends of metru nui) : so they were directly banned? i thought all the stuff from before the new bzpower was considered "deleted" EDIT: but alas, it is not in the rules and index, so I guess technichly its ok : (for now) but i'll keep with my opinion unless FT edits the rules and index, or posts here saying no

• Edited on 2011-10-18 15:17:20 by bulik
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 15:14:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Daedra, you guys say? Who's taken, regarding that?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 16:28:38 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • No, Toa Stones are only given out as a reward. That's definitely still a rule. I'd show you where it says that exactly but I'm too lazy to find the link. :P Edit: Actually it's in this topic. On the first page, just read Friar Tuck's second post, it's in there.

• Edited on 2011-10-18 16:30:27 by Snelly
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 16:49:40 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • And I have finally made my first post. Feels good to be RPing again! Oh how I've missed it. newso1.png

Good to have you back, and with a minimum of persuasion too! =D As Toa stones are concerned, am I to assume that we're forbidden from creating them, even if it means sacrificing our character's Toa powers? It seems like a fair trade to me, but if those are the rules, fine.

• Edited on 2011-10-18 16:50:18 by Kakaru
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 16:49:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Who is controlling the murderer in Onu-Koro?

• Edited on 2011-10-18 16:50:06 by Toa Kethrye
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 16:51:10 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Kakaru: Yes, this is true. they're a reward from Staff for exceedingly good RPing with a Matoran character. I recall them mentioning there was some perk for starting as a Matoran and then making him a Toa, rather than starting as a Toa, but I can't remember what it was and I could be wrong. :w:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 16:52:53 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • oops, well, it seems kinda wierd but thats the rules D: editing profiles profile

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 16:53:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I like that Toa Stones are rare, to be honest I was a little annoyed about Jaller and company becoming Toa. Sure I like Jaller and the rest, and I prefer them over the other Toa except for Kopaka; but to me becoming Toa kind of robbed them of who they were. In the first book of 2006, a recurring phrase is, "you don't have to be a Toa to be a Hero." So when the six of them became Toa, I kind of felt like they were sell outs. It feels like the only way Matoran can be heroes is if they later become Toa. The Voya-Nui Resistance, Chronicler's Company, and the 2008 Av-Matoran seem to defy this so far, but in the Kingdom Universe many of them ended up as Toa. It must be terrible to be a Matoran, thinking that the only way you can make a difference is to become a Toa. Frankly there need to be some heroic Matoran who never become Toa, for the Matoran race to aspire to be like.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2011-10-18 16:56:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I agree there, hence why I'm playing a Matoran character. :P :w:

• Tags: