Bionifight Infinite Discussion

bionifight ooc
A vista of Kini-Nui from the Mata Nui Online Game
  • Posted 2015-02-09 23:15:37 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Xara got KO'd? Darn, I was actually kinda rooting for her.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-09 23:17:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Only because half the arena was after her. :P She could have won with fairer odds.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-09 23:17:14 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I could list several ways that wouldn't work, but that would require needless pedantry and application of real world physics to Bionifight. Which is, as we all know, an ultimately futile endeavor, as Crusty's existence shows so nicely.

Except that bionicle is like real world physics, only with small changes and overlaying of other physics.

In universe, flight is a power and is internally consistent, so Crusty is internally consistent. Rule of cool is nice, but internal consistency > 'real life' physics and rule of cool. If a laser can burn through a rahkshi, snow will have no effect on it.

ded

• Edited on 2015-02-09 23:19:43 by Tiragath
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-09 23:18:26 UTC
    View post on BZP
  •  

I could list several ways that wouldn't work, but that would require needless pedantry and application of real world physics to Bionifight. Which is, as we all know, an ultimately futile endeavor, as Crusty's existence shows so nicely.

Except that bionicle is like real world physics, only with small changes and overlaying of other physics.

In universe, flight is a power and is internally consistent, so Crusty is internally consistent. Rule of cool is nice, but internal consistency > 'real life' physics and rule of cool. If a laser can burn through a rahkshi, snow will have no effect on it.

True.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-09 23:22:34 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Only because half the arena was after her. :P She could have won with fairer odds.

I doubt the two Light Toa made it any easier for the rahkshi to win.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-09 23:26:40 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Did anyone interact with either of my characters while I was gone?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-09 23:27:37 UTC
    View post on BZP

Yeah, I'm sure that had nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that she had the most KO's.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 00:44:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Oi!

I thought you meant next time around. Oops. 

I guess I will turn to face Albrcht, only to realize my chest was sliced open at some point? Cause I did have him move back a little, so maybe it wouldn't have been the insta-kill it would have been otherwise, but I am pretty positive that Silvanni still would have been able to reach me. So Onuvo probably has a pretty substantial wound on his arm/chest, if he isn't dead.

Does that sound good or should I just, like, fall down dead? 

cause idunno haha

Never intended for a kill shot so whatever works for you. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 01:15:39 UTC
    View post on BZP
  •  

IC (Ismekne): Seeing the Frost Tarakava move off, Ismekne shrugged. It wasn't interested in a fight with her. She moved past it, walking the opposite direction of its movements, heading down the mountain in a bit of a circular pattern. It looked like there might be a beach below, with some water.

Didn't mean to altogether disregard the earlier Ismekne post attacking the Frost Tarakava, but it had already gone under the snow by the time Ismekne tried to water its treads.

Also, hoping that by beach you mean something other than Ga-Koro, because this map is Ihu and Ihu only. :P

Mount Ihu: Based upon a frigid mountain at the center of an otherwise tropical island, Mount Ihu is the antithesis of the Great Furnace. Blinding storms of snow and hail are frequent; wild Rahi and slippery slopes also pose a threat.

Only because half the arena was after her. :P She could have won with fairer odds.

*insert A.D.'s death here :P*

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 01:53:33 UTC
    View post on BZP
  •  

Mount Ihu: Based upon a frigid mountain at the center of an otherwise tropical island,

The arena does not contain all of Mata Nui.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 03:05:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  •  

Mount Ihu: Based upon a frigid mountain at the center of an otherwise tropical island,

The arena does not contain all of Mata Nui.

This is correct. The arena is Mount Ihu only.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 03:18:20 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Hey guys, can the hallway group pause for a bit?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 03:22:06 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Enforcer enforcing enforcement?

• Edited on 2015-02-10 03:22:29 by ArcticFreeze17
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 03:24:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Kopen's group? Took you long enough. :D

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 03:27:58 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Can do. Xaeraz hasn't actually gotten anything done yet in surgery, because I don't know everyone's opinion on how they want it to turn out :B

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 03:28:58 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • My opinion is that you should make him an android

*Snaps fingers*

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 03:37:12 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Technically Blade really should've had the Enforcer step in. But since she didn't, I brought the Queen out to play. :evilgrin:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 03:42:10 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • They definitely got the royal treatment, eh?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 03:43:24 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • They definitely got the royal treatment, eh?

The Queen might be feeling a little pooped now

Can't have her just dominate all the time. She's definitely going to need a little rest.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 04:45:10 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • OOC: @ Click: I don't think Kopen is really in any state to be smug about anything right now. She literally had control of her body ripped away from her; she should at least be shaken by the event. Severely so. It isn't something she should be recovering from so easily. 

Especially considering that the characters in the hallway seem to be reacting worse to what amounted to far, far less.

Well, I fixed it up. I guess that was unrealistic, but Kopen has her reasons as I attempted to explain a little clearer.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 04:51:08 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Unrealistic in what manner?

Our characters actions and powers might be subject to realism and logic, but can we really constrict our characters thoughts or feelings as such? I don't think that's a fair thing to ask.

Edit 1

This isn't regarding the mental damage/pain, but more any reactions. Plenty of people have inappropriately cheerful, angry or just plain out of place thoughts in the midst of tragedy and pain. For every hundred people that get mindraped, I'm sure at least one might think of a good joke instead of "oh gods this sucks."

Edit 2

(^:

• Edited on 2015-02-10 04:53:03 by Tiragath
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 04:56:36 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Unrealistic in what manner?

Our characters actions and powers might be subject to realism and logic, but can we really constrict our characters thoughts or feelings as such? I don't think that's a fair thing to ask.

Edit 1

This isn't regarding the mental damage/pain, but more any reactions. Plenty of people have inappropriately cheerful, angry or just plain out of place thoughts in the midst of tragedy and pain. For every hundred people that get mindraped, I'm sure at least one might think of a good joke instead of "oh gods this sucks."

Edit 2

(^:

And that one just happens to be one of the two to suffer it so far this RPG?

Sorry, not buying it. Wait until a few more have been kicked around. ;)

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 05:13:52 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • No I've had some pretty rough times and have actually been amazed at how everything was piling up on me to the point of being amused by it while still being you know

at a terrible low

So it's plausible. Especially when you remember that chance doesn't wait for a specific number or number range in a sample size before producing that one in a hundred person

EDIT

forgot my smarmy wink ;)

• Edited on 2015-02-10 05:14:11 by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 05:19:57 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • No I've had some pretty rough times and have actually been amazed at how everything was piling up on me to the point of being amused by it while still being you know

at a terrible low

So it's plausible. Especially when you remember that chance doesn't wait for a specific number or number range in a sample size before producing that one in a hundred person

EDIT

forgot my smarmy wink ;)

How dare you forget the smarmy wink 

It is a requirement of every post.  ;)

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 05:21:36 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Yeah, all hail the swarmy wink! ;)

... Wait, I messed that up, didn't I...?

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 05:21:43 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I prefer the condescending smiley, myself :)

It lets people know that I am going to minmax my way to victory in this and every other fight I have with them :)

• Edited on 2015-02-10 05:22:04 by Horse Divorce
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 05:36:21 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Nah, I'm more partial to the smug grin. :D 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 05:52:46 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • And yet none of them can compare with the majesty of...  :alien:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 06:16:16 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • :shrugs:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 06:54:51 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Sorry for not responding, Daedalus/Urchin/Fishers. Frustratingly plentiful homework and chronic lack of focus. Frost Tarakava post coming as soon as I can, which might be tomorrow morning, might be tomorrow afternoon, I'm not sure.

Did anyone interact with either of my characters while I was gone?

No.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 07:57:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Uh so who's still in the ring

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 08:29:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Not Xara. 

In answer to your question, the fighters remaining in the ring include Dayeth, Jorth, Tarsus, Kotak, Glass, Zelnos, Tenjou, Kale, a miniboss Frost Tarakava, and a few other people I admittedly haven't been paying attention to. 

• Edited on 2015-02-10 08:30:02 by Roman Torchwick
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 09:22:15 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Yeah. Like my pacifier and my character who can only just chuck snow at people.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 09:35:03 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Why did Dayeth also get a KO on Dartakh? Tarsus was the one who killed him. Just curious to hear the reasoning behind this decision. :)

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 09:38:36 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • I still have my creepy stalker vahki that is after Dayeth's booty. c:

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 09:51:06 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Why did Dayeth also get a KO on Dartakh? Tarsus was the one who killed him. Just curious to hear the reasoning behind this decision. :)

Wait, she did? I guess I need to go edit all of those posts where she complains about Tarsus stealing her kill. 

But if I had to hazard a guess as to why they both got the point, I'd say it's probably because Dayeth was blasting Dartakh's face with Black Fire at the same time Tarsus blew his head off. 

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 10:05:34 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Wait, hang on, the Queen punished some of those guys for not stopping the attacks and letting a guy get stabbed. But if they had interfered then they would have been fighting in the hallways and they would have been punished all the same, if not worse.

So basically, if you see a fight and try to stop it you're guilty of fighting outside the arena and boom, mindblast. But if you see a fight and don't do anything then you're guilty of not stopping people getting injured and boom, mindblast. Thats...thats some Catch-22 buggery right there, that is. Really your only option if you see a fight seems to be to run as fast as you can in the opposite direction...

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 10:16:59 UTC
    View post on BZP
  •  

Why did Dayeth also get a KO on Dartakh? Tarsus was the one who killed him. Just curious to hear the reasoning behind this decision. :)

Wait, she did? I guess I need to go edit all of those posts where she complains about Tarsus stealing her kill. 

But if I had to hazard a guess as to why they both got the point, I'd say it's probably because Dayeth was blasting Dartakh's face with Black Fire at the same time Tarsus blew his head off. 

You could always play it off like she didn't know she was awarded the point.

• Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 10:23:23 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • How would she know she was awarded the point? I don't think the list of KOs is being beamed into the contestant's heads

• Edited on 2015-02-10 10:24:11 by I Am Ultron Six
  • Tags:
  • Posted 2015-02-10 10:31:06 UTC
    View post on BZP
  • Maybe it's possible for the contestants to replay the events of the previous match somewhere?

• Tags: